[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's actually pretty good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dearwhitepeople.jpg (44KB, 665x374px) Image search: [Google]
dearwhitepeople.jpg
44KB, 665x374px
When you think about this show, you immediately think about the strong clickbait title, and relate it purely to it. In reality, it gets explained in the first episode that it's purely made with that intention: it's the name of the podcast of our ignorant main character (pic related) and she even admits to it. So everyone got baited by it, myself included, so I decided to watch it and it really surprised me for the good. I'd even dare to say that it's redpill material
>>
File: total fucking faggot.gif (454KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
total fucking faggot.gif
454KB, 500x281px
>>
Then why would the creators go on Huffington Post and say stupid shit like black people can't be racist, or that only blacks can use the word "nigga?"
>>
What if it was called "dear black people"?
>>
Meh, hearing about how rough it is for black people for 12 episodes sounds pretty boring to me.
>>
>>83300658
You are thinking about the guy who said "fuck white people" in twitter, but he wasn't involved in the writing of the show officially
>>83300672
xxxtentacion made a video about this
https://youtu.be/yqZdL8TX_2E
>>
>>83300703
it's not just about that. That's like saying that I won't watch GOT because i don't want to watch dragons all the time
>>
>>83300560
didn't you make this thread 3 days ago?

How much is Netflix paying you, and can I get in on it?

>>83300856
So its bad for other reasons?
>>
File: 1481142619514.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481142619514.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
>>83300926
i promise its not me im not a shill i just finished the show and want to discuss it of anyone else has seen it what did they think about it and such!!!
>>
>>83300856
You shouldn't watch GoT because it's pleb shit.
>>
>>83300560
black anon here. I usually just sleep on cringy wewuz """ black """ shows, but when ep1 had the confrontation between the different black archetype groups I perked up. It has its moments, and if the MC girl toned her "weeeelllll mmmmmhhhhmmmm" shit down just a little bit it would benefit from not being so much on the nose.
6.5/10. you're not missing out on anything, but if you DO opt to check it out it's a decent binge. The marketing was too anvilicious for this in my opinion because it feels much more like "Dear 'Black People,' from other Black People."

tl;dr: aims to be Fresh Prince-tier, usually the execution is Cleveland Show endless reruns at 4AM-tier. wouldn't honestly recommend when much better "black" shows (ie., Atlanta, Boondocks, etc) exist, but it's a lot better than the pseudo nonstory controvery bullshit makes it out to be.
>>
>>83301718
fuck off SJW
>>
The thing is, people don't realize the work that goes into properly doing copypasta. They think copypasta is something that slackers can do, or faggots, or assholes. It's not true. Copypasta is a dying artform and if you don't see that, I don't know what's wrong with you.

First of all, you sacrifice spending real time on /b/. You can't participate as much as you'd like to because you're so busy doing copypasta that you can't. As a result, you miss a lot of really great threads. Still, it's a sacrifice, so you do it.

There's also the problem of "Flood detected". This message can really hurt your progress. You should try to get your copypasta into every active thread and if you have to sit there waiting before the flood period is over, you lose valuable time. This is also very difficult.

Also, picking which threads should get a copypasta first are sort of difficult. There are threads that don't stay on the first page for very long, so you may be missing some of the more prominent threads. Of course, you should try to hit them all, but for the desire effect, you need to get into bigger threads quickly.

Finally, there's the moral problem. One thing about copypasta is that sometimes it feels good, but sometimes it feels bad.
>>
>>83301269
Why is it pleb shit tho
>>
>>83300658
or go on Twitter and say "fuck white people"
>>
>>83301718
Gimme some black recs anon.

I watched the first episode of Black-ish, might watch some more. What is good?
>>
>>83300560

I'm not even white. It just looks uninteresting.
>>
>>83300658
Not OP but I have to agree. My best guess is that the creators simply lack any self-awareness.

It reminds me of Empire of Dust where the director seems to have no idea what he's filming and the redpill inducing subtext completely went over his head.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.