[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

Find a flaw.
>>
>>83298400
Harry Potter
>>
literally nothing happens
>>
>>83298400
DULL
>>
>>83298400
You watching the HP marathon too?
>>
The wizarding games were ultimately pointless filler
>>
Rewatched harry potter on christmas
very comfy movies really made me happy
will rewatch again for sure
now lets wait for the pasta guy
>>
File: 1484528212633.jpg (1MB, 1578x2842px) Image search: [Google]
1484528212633.jpg
1MB, 1578x2842px
You mean besides being an entry in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
>>
>>83298400
>"NO!"
>>
>>83298534
ah there it is
>>
3 > 6 > 7 > 8 > 5 > 4 > 1 > 2
>>
>>83298571
>having taste this shit
>>
File: 1384969232721.jpg (227KB, 737x642px) Image search: [Google]
1384969232721.jpg
227KB, 737x642px
>>83298423
This.
>>
>>83298400

It's not Prisoner of Azkaban
>>
>discussing HP unironically
>>
>>83298571
>3
*tips reddit*
jokes aside I like it too
>>
2>1>8>3>6>7>5
>>
1 - Comfy original and a fun tale about adventuring with friends

2 - Do not ever watch this shit

3 - Objectively the the most well directed

4 - Filler until the very end

5 - Hormones: the movie

6 - Dumbledore dies

7 - Can be skipped entirely

8 - Made adults cry
>>
>it's leviosa, not leviOSA!

fukn kunt hermione
>>
7>3>8>6>4>5>1>2
>>
>>83298750

1 - Bretty gud, CGI is dated now but it's nostalgic

2 - Fuck this movie

3 - Kino, everything just felt right

4 - Filler is the right word, nobody cared about Cedric except for Cho and for some reason Harry didn't go for her even though she was way better than Ginny

5 - Harry gets my hopes up that he'll go for the qt3.14 asian and nothing else happens

6 - I actually like this one more than I should

7 - Fuck this movie, so boring

8 - I remember me and my sister crying when we went to see it in theaters, haven't seen it since
>>
Why do so many people hate the second one?
>>
Chamber of Secrets is the best HP and I will forever stand by this.
>>
>>83298879
I only like it because of Gilderoy Fuckshard.
>>
File: shrek_fiona-e1314219427937.jpg (19KB, 371x369px) Image search: [Google]
shrek_fiona-e1314219427937.jpg
19KB, 371x369px
6>8>3>7>5>1>2>4

Objectively true.
>>
Harry should have ended up with Hermione.
>>
1. Comfy adventure movie with immense nostalgia value

2. The logical extension of 1, feels like it takes place in the same world. Also carries with nostalgia

3. Objectively the best one, with a solid time travel plot and more emphasis on comedy. Is the beginning of the 'hilly Hogwarts' era.

4. The first of the meh films. Also where the series starts to decay if you haven't read the books.

5. Filler: The Movie. Quite a bit of series plot happens, but it feels like such a pointless slog despite being the shortest.

6. Return to form, but not on the same level as the earlier films.

7. Really good first half, really shit second half.

8. Great action, but Hogwarts doesn't really feel like the same school from the other films with several design differences and little emphasis on familiar locations.
>>
>>83299029
Holy shit. This is actually 100% correct.
>>
>>83298423
FPBP
>>
>>
>>83298400
Literally every scene and the entire concept of the Harry Potter universe itself.
>>
>>83298400
Simp protagonist unworthy of the cool setting he's in. The fact that he never once looked into animagus magic for himself means he should have been sterilized, because it's a sure sign of defective mong genes
>>
File: 256.png (15KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
256.png
15KB, 489x423px
>there is an alternate iteration of this reality where I'm cuddled with Emmafu on Christmas watching ABC Family Harry Potter marathon
>tease her about her acting
>show her /tv/ threads and laugh about it while drinking hot cocoa
>have heated argument about her fem agenda reconciled with sweet love

Sometimes I wonder why I put in effort to breath air.
>>
>>83300394
Better than the universe whete she's my wife and basically has to be my unpaid maid. Why she doesn't leave my alternate ass is beyond me.
>>
for me, its the Half Blood Prince
>>
>>83298400
At least the books were good
>>
>>83300529
"No!"
>>
>>83298571
You're wrong. As far as books go, 3 was one of the worst.
Objectively and factually, it's
6 > 7 > 5 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3
>>
File: luna9.jpg (269KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
luna9.jpg
269KB, 1920x1280px
>>83298400
They didn't reroute to a Luna end after this film.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.