[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this film get released with the pacing it has? Its so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

How did this film get released with the pacing it has?
Its so fucking bizarre.
We go from a slow opening with forced character development for like 30 minutes, then it goes full throttle out of nowhere for another 30, then it slows to a crawl for yet another quarter of the film before going straight to 100 again. Where the fuck was the tension? I didn't care about anything that happened in the film because every character was a superficial stereotype that had no time to grow.
What a fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>83295951
>why didn't Ridley cater to my baby attention span? I need explosions every ten seconds like in Guardians of the Galaxy. And where were the Pac Man references?
kys brainlet. The philosophy and thought behind the film is what gives it tension; if you couldn't keep up with the big words then it's no wonder you were underwhelmed
>>
>>83295951
>I'm too much a fucking pleb to understand the movie, the post
>>
>>83296029
If you actually read my post you'd realize I'd prefer the film to have a slower pace. As it is the film is catering to people with baby attention spans, and half of its running time is gunfire and explosions.
Have fun being a pretentious pseudo-intellectual who thinks Ozymandias is the pinnacle of human thought.
>>
>>83295951
>why didn't Ridley cater to my baby attention span
you mean "why did he cater to it"

>Alien : 1 facehugger - chestburster - alien. 1 dead engineer.
>Aliens: lots of them, Alien Queen
>Alien 3 : 1 Alien
>Alien 4: A bunch of Aliens, some weird hybrid shit
>Prometheus: Engineers (1 living), black goo, worms-snake, squidbaby, goo-zombie, blue dolphin
>Covenant: lots of killed Engineers, black goo, puffer goo, 2* backburster/throatburster - slenderbaby - slenderman. 2* facehugger - jesusburster - protoxeno. face-eggos.

It's a big fucking mess, when all they had to do was keep a simple alien doing its thing, instead of a bunch of retards opening the big variety pack of stupid death aliens
>>
>>83296029
get a load of this david fag. kys loser this movie isn't suppose to be about that bullshit. You can suck Fagbenders dick all you want, a single person cannot carry an entire movie.
>>
>>83296317
>he literally wanted an Alien remake
KYS fucktard.
>>
>>83296543
Why is Covenant filled with scenes that are almost shot for shot remakes of scenes from the first two films?
You're the fucktard.
>>
Why did the chestburster that emerged from Billy Crudup have fully developed arms and legs? I thought they were more embryonic shapes that grew more humanoid as they matured.
>>
>>83296029
I bet you like to play "the flute" while someone else does the fingering.
>>
>>83296543
you don't need a remake, but something that's not an abortion of trying to splice 3 different films (Alien, Aliens, Prometheus) together would fucking help.

Prometheus + Covenant should've just be a whole new fourth thing, to work with Alien, Bladerunner, and Predator universe.

throw in some shit about Yutani corporation funded a spacemission or whatever, and then have it be about something fucking else instead of David jerking off with black goo
>>
>>83296943
>an abortion of trying to splice 3 different films (Alien, Aliens, Prometheus) together
>Aliens
You haven't even watched the movie. How pathetic do you honestly have to be to pretend in front of strangers on the internet?
Granted, it's not as bad as pretending you love Ulysses or something on /lit/, but still pretty sad.
>>
>>83295951
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA&feature=youtu.be

so what will the plot to the next one even be?
>>
>>83297103
Aliens is the only predominantly actiony one in there where dicks try to shoot at shit, the rest generally aim for horror. You think they'd start breaking out the guns if Aliens didn't exist?

Without Aliens, it'd just be a series full of stuff like Alien 3
>>
>>83297202
>it has guns
>must be Aliens
You are a literal retard. Aliens can be summed up as Marines vs Bugs whereas AC is so much more.
>mortality
>creation
>birth
Not to mention that Xenos have been restored to their proper tankiness.
It's painfully obvious that you're an 18 year old who can't think for himself. Just stop posting my friend.
>>
>>83297453
>mortality
>creation
>birth
Yes, those themes have never been covered or done better outside of this shitty slasher flick.
>>
You have ADHD. Do you get nervous if no explosion happens within 2 minutes? Stick to JJ Abrams and Michael Bay movies
>>
>>83295951
this is literally every movie thats ever made anymore

in the quest to be inclusive and equal, movies are packed with so many characters that would never actually be around one another that development of the character never occurs, theres not enough time to focus on a single person or group for this to happen
>>
>>83295951
It was cute when it did its little dance with David.
>>
>>83295951
>Slow opening
>Movie developing to the actual theme is just a bunch of pretentious cheap philosophical bullshit, aka shitty 2001
>unnecessary technobabble
>boring and pretentious technological aesthetics (aka look at my cool space ship)
>lolsurandum neutron bullshit.
>the true movie starts, and is about a bunch of retards facing a situation that at that time, age and technological level, all of them have foreseen it watching a b-rated movie.
>Retarded creatures that are not more scarier than a rabid dog...
>gore, some shit coming from the guts of a guy nobody cares, blood, stupid situations, etc...
>le gay androids
>the "star" of the movie, is just a big alien jaguar.
>le evil droid being an annoying pretentious asshole listening wagner.

Crappy movie, seriously.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.