[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Americans don't have to be your audience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

http://deadline com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baywatch-box-office-weekend-1202102887/

>Let’s start with Pirates: Even though stateside this is the lowest opening of the series, charting below the fourth installment On Stranger Tides ($90.1M), by the time Sunday arrives, I hear Disney will be fine with this movie on a global basis, which looks to come in between $250M-$260M. The pic’s buckling here in U.S./Canada stems strictly from — what’s new? The movie in its marketing looks exactly like the other four titles which are all a blur plot-wise, and the only film the critics love in the franchise is the first one at 79% fresh. Dead Men Tell No Tales has 32% which is equal to On Stranger Tides‘s RT score, both the lowest for the franchise.

>But again, Pirates will win overseas, and in building this ship, Disney knew that, and probably was bracing for domestic to under-perform. After On Stranger Tides came up short with the lowest domestic total in the series at $241M (and this sequel likely lower), Disney propelled that fourthquel to an amazing $1.045 billion take. China is the market that will get Dead Men Tell No Tales over its hump as Nancy Tartaglione pointed out in our curtain raiser, and it definitely helps that Disney held the world premiere there, the first ever for a Hollywood title. The fifthquel is a fresher franchise abroad in burgeoning cinematic markets, and that’s what the upside is here.

How does it feel, knowing that your movies are going to suck from now on because zero taste chinks and bindis see them in droves?
>>
>>83289470
what does chinks and bindis have to do with this?
it says overseas, meaning europe
>>
>>83289470
It's not like americans in general have better taste in movies than chang and pajeet.
We're living in the timeline where 30 year olds are one of the biggest groups that watch animated movies for fucks sake.
>>
Americans are more interested in more capeshit than pirate movies apparently
>>
File: DA7USj5XsAAkgFi.jpg (272KB, 1280x890px) Image search: [Google]
DA7USj5XsAAkgFi.jpg
272KB, 1280x890px
Is rt a goner?
>>
>>83289787
Holy shit rip
Nobody will stop hollywood from getting those shekels
>>
>>83289470
>fourthquel
Jesus fucking christ someone gets paid to write shit like this.

On stranger tides sucked as soon as it derived from the book. They actually would have done well to do a straight adaption of the book and just have depp play a small role rather than rewrite it around him. What is so hard about giving us another movie in that time period that is about piracy that isn't about people who showed up in POTC1?

Fuck adapt something else, do crimson pirate or captain blood or just another fucking pirate movie anyone please.
>>
I watched this movie 4 times so far and I'm going to see it again on Tuesday
t. Australian
>>
Did China not get the first three?
>>
Just got back from my 2nd viewing
Apart from a few scenes, and some humor that is just way too corny, it's pretty decent. On par with 4. I liked 4.
>>
>>83289470

Didn't it go way, way over budget and cast literally a gajillion dollars?
>>
>>83290775
DUDE LMAO SHES A HOROLOGIST XD
>>
>>83289470
Feels good that studios finally figure out that they don't have to dumb series down to lowest common denominator of US audience. Majority of Americans are dumber than an average from any other first world country. Inb4 y'all try to paint me as Europoor or Pajeet or a chink to be able to direct your attacks - fuck you I'm from Antarctica.
Also I liked the movie, more than 4'th one. I'd place it somewhere above the 3'th, and 3'th is considered the weakest of trilogy (mostly due to plot) so you can guess whether you'll like it or not.
>>
>>83290940
DONKEY
>>
white pigs. your time is done. china is the new america.
>>
The favorite movie of every non-English speaker who goes to the cinema once a year is the Fast and the Furious

That movie series broke Hollywood
>>
>>83290940
So that's what it was. The joke didn't translate that well into other language.
>>
>>83290987
ASS-TRONOMER LOL
>>
>>83289514
>it says overseas, meaning europe
lol no. the entirety of europe made less than the film made in china. europe is irrelevant, just like america.
>>
>>83289514
The rest of Asia, Australia, Latin America.
>>
>>83290956
>Feels good that studios finally figure out that they don't have to dumb series down to lowest common denominator of US audience. Majority of Americans are dumber than an average from any other first world country
I'm sure that's why XXX: THE RETURN OF XANDER CAGE and RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER became profitable entirely because China adored it.
>>
>>83290956
Americans: Pirates is a stale franchise, we don't want to watch another sequel
Chinese: TIME TO WATCH TRANSFORMERS
>>
File: 1338353938799.jpg (101KB, 652x774px) Image search: [Google]
1338353938799.jpg
101KB, 652x774px
>>83290956

>it's the "le americans are stoopid XD" meme
>>
File: stephen-chow-themermaidfilm.jpg (116KB, 768x529px) Image search: [Google]
stephen-chow-themermaidfilm.jpg
116KB, 768x529px
>>83291406
Yeah, mainland chinks have godawul taste, even compared to the dumbest burger.
Reminder that pic related is highest-grossing Chinese film of all time.
>>
>>83291070
>His country dubs films
>>
Ironically those low ratings are forcing movies to become completely generic flicks attempting to appeal to everyone and show filmmaking 101 because it's ""correct"" and every flick in turn is becoming devoid of personality and creativity (the blood and veins of moviemaking respectively). Smaller art movies are suffering from this and now big industry movies as well apparently.

if the public needs the percentile of a rating to convince them whether they should watch a movie or not is fault of the moviemakers as well, though. If you think a movie is fun and all then you will most likely ignore ratings. However, just like a collective of entitled monkeys toying with a bunch of tigers will eventually bring the end upon themselves critics dont understand the true nature of cinema and thus are damaging it and also themselves. Ridiculous attention whoring reviews and movies becoming more and more restrained and boring because you cant show this and you cant show this but you can show that. Personally i dont think cinema is the optimal entertainment experience but i would let the guys have at try at least, definitely these critics sound like straight out of the third rich because they are just that angry, exhigent and outdated

"My opinion is better than yours i know bigger words from my dictionary"

"My intelligence is a public service"

This is what a fascist would say.

Bitch, please. Sit & humble down you gonna end up without a film to criticize
>>
>>83292094
That's why I don't go to cinema. Well, they do some small screenings with subtitles, but those are infrequent and are never for movie I want to see.
>>
>>83292221
Good point I completely agree
>>
>>83289787
we're going full Bethesda now
>>
>>83289514
>what is china
seriously nigga?
>>
File: 1442428226851.jpg (24KB, 271x400px) Image search: [Google]
1442428226851.jpg
24KB, 271x400px
There's some silver lining to this. China is pouring money into Hollywood but there may not be much of a change if Hollywood can scam them like they have each time NY Wall St money tries to invest in Hollywood. Difference is that the Chinese bring a market with demand that needs to be satisfied. The Chinese investment in or takeover of Hollywood will probably mean the end of shoehorning in black leads or romantic interests and the introduction of waifu romantic interests and the use of kung fu asian sidekicks instead of the mythical competent, cool and emotionally stable black sidekick. Chinese hate blacks and dont hide it. There is also the meme that even Nic Cage has mentioned how (((Hollywood))) discriminates against casting Asian men in action roles. The Chinese could change this, hell, they even wiped out Mace Dindu from the Star Wars 7 movie posters. Hispanics might finally get some screentime because that John Rivers guy from Twitter and GAB is quick to point out how the Hispanic-White-Asian spectrum is a hell of a lot closer of a sale than anything and blacks.

Hollywood will keep churning out garbage products and subsidizing niche, adult films for Oscar consideration in the late fall. Large interests will keep investing in Hollywood because it has global reach and such a tremendous potential to make money because it decides what is cool. Once America loses the ability to appear cool and sell cool, it's over for (((Hollywood))).
>>
>>83292503
Let it burn, I can't even remember the last film I've seen.
>>
>>83292503
It doesnt matter anyways because there's only one race: the human race.

Because asians are such a minority they are almost not counted jn, blacks and hispanics in the other hand are plentiful and people (easily manipulated by racial stereotypes) will therefore watch them. That's all there is to it
>>
File: 9059175620941.jpg (340KB, 1181x709px) Image search: [Google]
9059175620941.jpg
340KB, 1181x709px
>>83292294
>He has watched the new pirates flick
>but he doesn't go to the cinema
>so he has watched the camrip
>he watches camrips
>>
>>83292631
You contradict yourself.
>>
>>83289470

How does it feel knowing Chinese cinema only wants to see American movies and not Chinese movies?

It'll happen eventually, but not for a long while.
>>
>>83292635
No, you dork, I went to the cinema this once with friends, I don't go there regularly for the viewing pleasure. It sucks to restrain yourself when a movie you really want to see comes out though, since I don't want to ruin my first experience with the horribad bland dub. So I wait for the blurays to come out.
>>
>>83289787
It's really baffling how much power Rotten Tomatoes has now.
In TV spots they tease the RT score as an incentive to get people to go see it, remember the commercials for Mission Impossible 5?
I was at the Target yesterday and on the cover of Get Out there was a sticker that said "Best Reviewed Movie of 2017 according to Rotten Tomatoes".

It's insane. Metacritic is more accurate anyway.
>>
>>83291610
Is this movie that shit? I downloaded it thinking it looked fun.
>>
File: 1495720589665.jpg (55KB, 681x692px) Image search: [Google]
1495720589665.jpg
55KB, 681x692px
>>83292485
Hey now, what's wrong with Bethesda?
>>
>>83292221
t. Kendrick Lamar fan
>>
>>83289787
Fuck RT. Close it down for good.
>>
>>83292221
Precisely. Fuck critics. Let the audience judge lnstead.
>>
>>83289787
>>83292221
I won't miss RT at all. Down with the critic jews.
>>
>>83296023
>>83296120
>>83296388
O-Oy vey anons. How are you going to watch movies without the guidance of wise critics?
>>
How many times did they have to point out that that bitch is a woman? There's been women in all the movies, why is it suddenly so strange?
>>
mump
>>
>>83292631
Except if Asia and more conservative ethnic conscience nations are the new audience they won't see it.....

They won't even watch gay movies
>>
>>83299866
Yep. Homo propaganda is a big no no over there
>>
bumpo
>>
File: 1439643146481.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439643146481.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>>83292503
How is removing blacks from movies a "silver lining"?
>>
>>83302431
Nobody likes niggers
>>
>>83302494
I hear you're a racist now, /tv/!
>>
>>83302649
Father Ted is a masterpiece.
>>
http://deadline.com/2017/05/pirates-of-the-caribbean-5-dead-men-tell-no-tales-baywatch-box-office-weekend-1202102887/
why the fuck did you take out the "."?
>>
>>83303704
OP is retarded.
>>
>>83289470
The Indian market actually isn't that influential on Hollywood because the currency exchange rate is skewed against Hollywood and several regions of India have price controls on tickets

The Chinese market is 100 times more important
>>
Good! Pandering to those lard ass manchildren has taken its toll on cinema and creativity.
>>
>>83302431
First time on 4chan my guy?
>>
>>83289787
>our shitty movies get shit reviews, so let's close RT

I mean RT sucks balls but wew lad
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.