[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Girl with All the Gifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: pepe911.jpg (38KB, 646x363px) Image search: [Google]
pepe911.jpg
38KB, 646x363px
So I just finished watching this on Netflix.

Why did she do it?
Why did she doom Humanity to be a bunch of fungoid shamblers?

Did she just want to watch the world burn? Or was it because she was black?
>>
she was black, and blacks will do anything to destroy society
>>
>>83288900
Wrong. It was all caused by a naive white woman
>>
File: NaiveWhiteWoman.jpg (31KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
NaiveWhiteWoman.jpg
31KB, 620x465px
>>83289045
Who is doomed to live out the rest of her days alone in a cage; assuming she doesn't starve first or the air filtration equipment breaks down and she because a walking mushroom.
>>
>>83288842
the implication is that she was tired of glenn close's (and/or humanity's) bullshit but really it just felt like there was a scene missing.

decent attempt otherwise. sequel with a timeskip could work quite well.
>>
>>83289711
Did we watch the same movie?
>>
>>83288842

This film had incredible set design.

The rest was garbage.
>>
>>83290419
Was the kid black in the books?
>>
>>83288842

How were the action scenes, or the scenes where the humans were fighting the zombies?
>>
>>83293535
Mostly standard tap tap aimed shots.

Actually wasn't much action.
>>
>>83288842
What is this about
Can you give me a quick rundown
>>
>>83293810
>is in contact with the illuminati
>>
>uses a doggo as bait
FUCK OFF
>>
>>83293650

So the movie is more about character building than heads exploding. Okay, cool. Or maybe, instead of relying on action scenes with lots of guns shooting and things exploding, maybe it relies on horror or suspense. I just said that stuff about character building because I watched a book review of Youtube.

>>83293810

There's this book review on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSuo1HC8_L0

Or you can check out the tvtropes on the book and movie: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheGirlWithAllTheGifts

From what I've read on TVTropes, some kind of parasitic fungi decimates much of the human race by infecting people and turning them into really fast carnivorous cannibals. Oh wait, I forgot about the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1n4vpOjm5E

Anyway, I if I remember correctly from tvtropes, the children in the trailer are the children of the carnivorous cannibals that were infected by the parasitic fungi. Tvtropes said something about how the book and movie is similar to the Last of Us and I think I read about the neomorphs from Alien: Covenant are birthed from people who've inhaled the alien spores, so there are some similarities between the movies. Well, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the spores since that could be a spoiler.

Anyway, Resident Evil 4 has Luis Sera who was a scientist researching and studying the Las Plagas virus or parasites and compared the Las Plagas virus/parasite to parasites that turn animals and insects into zombies. There was also a servant for the Salazar family who recounted that the villagers that opened some kind of ancient tomb or cave and released the Las Plagas virus/parasite that was able to survive in a spore-like state at a microscopic level. Anyway, I've said too much and have probably spoiled the movie and book even though I haven't read the book or watched the film, but the spoilers are on tvtropes.
>>
>>83293650
>>83294364

I meant I watched a review of the book that the film is based on, I watched it on Youtube.
>>
>>83292059
the, the kid was white, teacher was black. dont get why they changed it.
>>
she did it because she realized that the world was already unlivable for anyone but her own kind. she knew those pods were going to open eventually, so why delay the inevitable when she can instead give her half fungus race a jump start by having them educated.
>>
>>83295873
This.
>>
bog average zombie shit, only continued to watch because gemma was in it.
>>
honestly, shit film.
>tired genre
>silly child macguffin
>emotionless leader who cracks at the end
>Arteton didn't even give a hint of her chest
>the best solution for all was the turn everyone into braindead zombos apart from Arteton who could teach a handful of children zombo hybrids how to live and to pass on civilisation, despite them requiring live flesh to survive (as a civilisation)
>>
>>83294364

Is this real? Did you not just read the fucking book?
>>
File: 1456202815904.png (5KB, 73x100px) Image search: [Google]
1456202815904.png
5KB, 73x100px
>>83288842
On NETFLIX ? I cant find it.
>>
File: Feathers.jpg (16KB, 313x370px) Image search: [Google]
Feathers.jpg
16KB, 313x370px
>>83294364
>>
>>83294364
This reply is truly reddit. Holy FUCK
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.