[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tv/ prefer the Alien or the Predators?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: xenonightmares.jpg (71KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
xenonightmares.jpg
71KB, 500x666px
Does /tv/ prefer the Alien or the Predators?
>>
>>83281285
Both are ok :) xD
>>
>>83281285
Alien films are the better films.

Except Alien 4, but that one doesn't count.
>>
File: coach.jpg (88KB, 1200x1043px) Image search: [Google]
coach.jpg
88KB, 1200x1043px
>>83281450
>he doesn't know Predator 2 is better then anything in the Alien franchise
>he thinks alien 3 is better then 4
>>
Predator, alien assholes read the Most Dangerous Game and come to Earth looking for the best to the best and have gotten their shit stomped every time

USA!

USA!

USA!
>>
>>83281514
I'm honestly confused right now. At this point I don't know if this is bait or not.
>>
>>83281285
Xenomorphs are just dumb, predatory animals who would be dealt with easily if it weren't for their magic acid blood. Predators have a culture and are far more interestings.
>>
>>83282048

And even the weakest movies don't do anything potentially damning as PRometheus or A:C,

training grounds on Earth in AVP? fine.

a few minutes showing their home planet in AVP:R? fine.
>>
>>83282048
>tfw anything after the first Predator is fanfic tier shit
>>
>>83282234

2 is great
>>
The Predator series has one good movie, but the Alien series has more good movies than there are Predator movies in general.
>>
>>83282178

Predators are already fucked.

It's the same kind of bullshit as with SW races. Because one of them was a hunter they must all be a race of barbaric hunters. Just like all Rodians must be bounty hunters or all Twi'leks slaves.

It's fucking idiotic.
>>
>>83281656

By an Austrian and an african.
>>
>>83282343
>The Predator series has one good movie

Why don't people like Predator 2? It keeps justenough from the first movie while treading its own ground and expanding more on how the Predator hunts.
>>
>>83282234
Nah, back when movie was released ,it depicted dystopian hot ,sweaty los Angeles (back when people still cared about global warming),
movie perfectly depicted that scorching summer and people on the edge because heat+daily urban bullshit,even you as viewer could feel that sticky,shitty feel(they don't makem like that these days) .
Unfortunately, Danny Glover(even if on peak of his popularity) was just not strong enough personality to carry movie to cult status(there was nothing wrong with his acting, I'm afraid it had to do a little about color=I'm not racist, I'm just trying to be realist here, it was a movie for white halfnerds).
>>
>>83281514
>>83282312
>>83282523
>>83282727
Ok this is seriously scaring me now. Some people actually like Predator 2?
>>
>>83282523
Predator 2 is mediocre. It's not bad but it's also not good because most of it is just a high budget tv cop drama with one or two charismatic actors. The presence of the predator is what elevates it. The first Predator would've be a good movie even if there was no predator in it.
>>
File: what's going on big guy.png (2MB, 1366x1080px) Image search: [Google]
what's going on big guy.png
2MB, 1366x1080px
How did David make the eggs?
Where the fuck is the queen?

If David made the xenomorphs, then why was there a xenomorph mural in the temple in prometheus?
If David made the xenomorphs a handful of years before the events of Alien, then how does that explain the ancient fossilized space jockey?
>>
>>83282727
>I'm afraid it had to do a little about color=I'm not racist, I'm just trying to be realist here, it was a movie for white halfnerds).

please killyourself
>>
I like Aliens and Predator. Don't care much about the rest.
>>
>>83281285
thats one of the shittiest posters ive ever seen
>>
>>83283538
If the xenonorphs are only 10-15 years old, how did the space jockey in Alien have a Chestburster?

How did a ship that was millennia old have xenomorph eggs?
>>
>>83283976
>David thinks he created it
>Turns out it the natural course of the black goo if not done right.
>>
>>83282929
it would be a sold 8/10 if they got rid of Bill Paxton
>>
>>83281285
I prefer David and Walter.
>>
>>83284022
But from what's been shown you need a specific sequence of events to take place to get a face hugger like critter, and those steps involve a human - which were made well after the goo
>>
Aliens, I want to merge with a queen
>>
>>83281285
>Does /tv/ prefer the Alien or the Predators?
Pretty sure preschooler-6th grader me preferred Predators, once I got a bit older though I was able to appreciate the Alien universes' far superior aesthetic and mythos. The first two Predator movies and the original AvP comics will always have a special place in my heart, but the whole idea of a giant trophy hunting rastafarian lizard man from outer space is pretty fucking stupid honestly.
>>
>>83282929
>Some people actually like Predator 2?
I rate it higher than the first Predator

>>83284026
How fucking harsh can you be?

something something is my speciality
>>
>>83281285
Predators

>mfw there are Ali*n lovers in this thread RIGHT NOW
>>
>>83284399
But there perfect organisms senpia: 3
>>
>>83281285
Both are one note villains but alien films are better.
>>
File: predator kong.jpg (404KB, 1367x813px) Image search: [Google]
predator kong.jpg
404KB, 1367x813px
>>83281285

Predators series is more for Men. It's a macho Man vs the Beast, Human vs Demon, primal urge in us.

Aliens is more philosophical and meant to give you a sense of helplessness. Many plebs who think they are patricians like it.

The AVP series on the other hand is for the types of cunts who enjoyed Jurassic World, will watch a movie for Chris Pratt, and think Jack Black is funny.
>>
>>83284022
>Turns out it the natural course of the black goo if not done right.
In the novelization, its stated David found a xenomorph egg the Engineers created so he's not the "first " to create them
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrVnlNk4eA [Open]
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.