[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Trek: Discovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Blocksyoupath.jpg (156KB, 1357x675px) Image search: [Google]
Blocksyoupath.jpg
156KB, 1357x675px
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
>>
>netflix putting their shitty logo over any show whose distribution rights they secure but don't develop
dropped
>>
>>83277034
Nobody likes it when Star Trek is about SAVING MUH WORLD and edgy war shit

Star Trek should be fun space hijinks and the occasional moral exploration. But I should expect Netflix to be too stupid for that
>>
>>83277034
>pleb filtered
>>
I can't believe they're still making Mass Effect games.
>>
>>83277034
So this is set in JJ verse not the good one right?
>>
Bryan Fuller has literally never made anything remotely good
>>
>>83277034
I was so glad when Sasha died but now she's on something I actually anticipated. Just kill me.
>>
>>83277492
So like MacFarlane's new show is allegedly going to be? If he can pull it off he'll be a hero. "If"...
>>
>>83277034
*smacks lips*
>>
>>83277572
apparently in the original timeline
though it seems to be retconning harder than the JJ movies
>>
>>83277643
MacFarlane's sense of humor is absolute garbage but maybe he can rein himself in with this. I watched the trailer and it was mostly alright
>>
>>83277034
There are already enough hours of television between TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, and all of the non-JJ movies, that you can by the time you get through all of it, you can start again and it will have been so long that it'll feel fresh again.

I'm not sure why Star Trek suddenly became this multi-billion dollar trading ball to pass around Hollywood, but as long as it's treated like that, it will never again be a low-budget, high-output episodic series again. To be exploratory, Trek needed long-run season, and dozens of episodes to try out new things. It can't do that with "galactic evil" metaplots, huge budget, and low episode counts.

Trek is over until nuTrek's soap opera strategy fails, loses a shitload of money, and Hollywood doesn't want to touch it again for a few decades. Then, MAYBE, we can get another standard low-budget series.
>>
>>83277492
>BoBW
>DS9

High stakes can be good, when they're part of a comfy overall show
>>
>>83277034
HOL' UP
>>
>>83277837
Because it's a known property with a built in casual fan base. They don't have to appease Trekkies, they're going for the people who only watched TNG.

Star Trek is dead. Whatever this garbage is, Star Trek it ain't.
>>
>>83278302
Even the most high stakes ds9 episodes is about the personal cost of lying your ass off to get someone to fight for you.

And the reason why BoBW works is that it was the break from the normal episode.
>>
>>83277837
Star Trek has always been big money.

For example, Paramount back when it was just Paramount would put the Star Trek revenues on its own line item as it was a franchise before franchise was a thing.

Thing is, this doesn't look or feel like Star Trek.
>>
>>83277837
Star trek is not about Vulcans, Klingons and Starfleet delta signs. Literally everybody could make their own Star Trek that's not Star Trek™® and if it's good everybody would watch it. So why is nobody stepping forward except McFarlane who is only doing a spoof.
>>
>>83277643
It will be a strange world, when MacFarlane does a better Galaxy Quest than Fuller does Star Trek.
>>
>>83279492
>>83279482
It is a odd world. In all seriousness the spoof looks like a good laugh.
>>
>>83278302
the high stakes episodes of DS9 sucked compared to comfy quark/garak episodes.
>>
>>83280884
The only "High stakes" episode that worked great was a Stealth Garak episode.
>>
>>83277034
I wish they'd release the pilot already so i can see if I'll care about it or not.
>>
File: 1495889486974.jpg (281KB, 595x694px) Image search: [Google]
1495889486974.jpg
281KB, 595x694px
reminder
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.