[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else really miss the message boards? I miss checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Anybody else really miss the message boards? I miss checking them out as soon as I finished watching a new film to see if anybody else thought the same things I did.
>>
I miss reading discussions about the plot for movies that either have a complex plot or a poorly done twist or something that's incomprehensible or has loopholes, no one wants to talk about that anywhere for more obscure movies :(
>>
yep. there's literally nowhere to go to discuss movies actor it really sucks.
>>
>>83276198
It's obvious that imdb shut down the forums after studios shilling attempts failed against honest, raw feedback from imdb users.
>>
are there any alternatives with even a tenth of the activity that the IMDb boards had?
>>
>>83276198
the GoT board was pretty fun. I was told where they emigrated to, but forgot about it, so now i dont remember. It turned pretty faggy at the end though.

And i think it got shut down because of shills failing misserably at their job on the forums, and that the trump grassroots movement was spreading like wildfire, and they famously had basically zero janitors, just automated shit. The Help board, before it got outsourced or whatever was the funny as fuck.
>>
>>83276198
Discussion of this media (films or tv shows) plays out on the internet like a real life conversation with friends. They will talk about the plot and which characters they liked the best. Maybe you will also have the occasional talk about the vfx with the nerdiest and more interested in the visual side of the work, possibly with someone who wants to have a job in this area or similar.

Don't think many people knew about the IMDB boards because i think the site was first and foremost a site about movie datatabase and not about the forums. If they lost something important they may decide to go back in their decision and reactivate it in the future who knows. What i know is that if it was a sought after service they wouldnt have deactivated them, people have lots of options online and i think this was what weighted in the final decision the most. Not judging, not disagreeing or agreeing with them but his is what it seemed to be about in the end
>>
>>83276198
Same, but then again there's always this board
>>
>>83276198
>I miss checking them out as soon as I finished watching a new film to see if anybody else thought the same things I did.

That's the only thing I ever used them for
>>
https://moviechat.org/
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-28-06-52-01.png (115KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-28-06-52-01.png
115KB, 720x1280px
>>83278249
Holy fuck. That website manages to be worse than IMDB.
>>
File: daggy12.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
daggy12.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>83278109
>there's always this board
>>
>>83278144
There's also the reviews. They can't give you spoilers (some believe this is an important part of the experience)and thus they can be helpful for leaving hints about the film but without giving out too much away.

As someone who watches science documentaries mostly it isn't "that" useful but i like searching imdb casually.
>>
>>83278388
Those are actually imported IMDB threads. No one posts anything new on the site.
>>
I miss being able to checks discussions on relatively obscure movies of yesteryear. Here you can discuss the shitty new blockbuster or the occassional indie breakthrough of the month but that's it.
>>
>>83278249
That site is dead as fuck. Like, weeks ago since the last post even on popular movies and shows.
>>
>>83278654
Cause people don't know about it. Spread the word.
>>
>>83278109
>see film
>want to discuss it with others
>come to /tv/ and start a thread
>some insecure loser derails it with political/racial/misogynistic shit
>>
>>83278717
eeeh, I'll just wait for imdb to reopen their boards
>>
File: _20170528_051330.jpg (290KB, 1092x1798px) Image search: [Google]
_20170528_051330.jpg
290KB, 1092x1798px
>>83278654
Why are you lying?
>>
>>83278782
Keep dreaming.
>>
>>83278796
deader than /tv/
>>
>>83278877
When wasn't it?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.