[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a more feelsworthy moment Protip: you probably can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: chandler.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
chandler.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
Name a more feelsworthy moment
Protip: you probably can
>>
>>83275327
Literally this entire movie
>Expect some family film about a friendly tree monster showing a kid the world
>End up with a kino about a kid who can't accept his mom is dying of cancer
>>
File: boat.png (2MB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
boat.png
2MB, 1920x1058px
this movie was such a trip
>>
this whole movie, but especially the scenes filmed with his son before... well, you know.

>>83275327
>>83276458
i feel like i'm the only person in the world who wasn't especially moved by it. maybe it was my mood when i saw it, but it felt maudlin, almost exploitative. not that it was a bad film by any means - it was engaging, funny, often effectively melancholic. just didn't really hit home for me.
>>
>>83275327
fuck that's a great shot, wasn't even aware while watching
>>
>>83276555
probably overshadowed by the outnumbering shots of the sea
nice trips
>>
>>83276497
It was a melancholic movie for sure. Its not meant to prove anything, just a brief chapter of someone's life and I enjoyed it a little more after I just accepted it as that and didn't expect him to come to any sort of revelation or learn anything like most movies are because an audience likes to feel that the character accomplished something before the movie ends, when in reality most of the time that doesnt happen.
I kind of took it as just a look at the human condition, you feel empathy for someone who goes through hardships and the way they handle them or you dont.
>>
>>83276375
It was great
>>
File: 1494011646847.jpg (54KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494011646847.jpg
54KB, 600x300px
>>83275327
>I know, John. I do know.
>I can't get the fog to clear.
>>
>>83276763
You learn that grief is not something everyone can just move on from and be happy especially if you burn all 3 of your kids alive on accident

And I wouldn't say that the character didn't accomplish anything in the end, it just isn't a big hollywood like instant change in the character.
The ending shows one shred of hope for Lee with him getting an extra room in his apartment for Patrick and wanting to see him again. The ending shot on the boat is similar to the opening shot on the boat.
He will never recover and forgive himself for what he has done, but there is progress in his character because of Patrick.

Also that baseball exchange at the end summarizes their whole relationship in just one scene, where Lee says "just let it go" but Patrick doesn't let go of the ball and keeps throwing it back at him until he keeps it.
>>
>>83276858
Really was, easily in my top 5 of last year.
>>
>>83275327
I thought his tragic backstory was the worst part of the movie. Too melodramatic and too extreme.
>>
>>83275327
Blood Diamond scene where Soloman has to convince his son to come home.

Locke's breakdown infront of the hatch in Lost.

The ending of The Mist.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.