[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this movie fucking sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

this movie fucking sucks
>>
literally me: the character
>>
>>83275296
that's probably the only reason anyone likes this trash fire

it's a good screenplay, and the acting is great, but why does that matter when it's so fucking boring to watch

i'm beginning to suspect that Nicholas Ray is a shit director
>>
Implying Bogart beating girls is bad
>>
File: 012561556.jpg (36KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
012561556.jpg
36KB, 737x758px
>watching black and white movies
do people seriously do this? Save for a few high school film class movies like 12 angry men, why even bother? The pacing is slow, the characters are difficult to relate to and understand, the sets are dogshit, the film quality and sound are VHS shit tier. tell me why, other than to be a contrarian fag, are you watching movies made before the 80's?
>>
>>83276909
You watch old films for the same reasons you read the classics. The language is different and it takes time to get used to, but it is worth the effort.

I love noir and old sci fi, for example, and I don't care if there are no great special effects or a thousand cuts per second. Also, the quality of old film in a good bluray transfer can be fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>83276909
retard
>>
>>83276909
Some people genuinely enjoy them. The pacing and characterization is similar to a book or play and everything is told through characters instead of through action. It's just not for you.
>>
>>83277441
It's not about action. I love a good story. the dialogue, cinematography, writing, it all just seems bland in the black and white films
>>
>>83277557
This might be an eye-of-the-beholder kind of thing and you are just retarded.
>>
>>83276909
>the film quality and sound are VHS shit tier
I know this is bait, but that's complete fucking nonsense. Try watching a decent blu ray restoration of an old b&w film.
>>
I liked when Bogart's character straightened the grapefruit knife because he was deranged.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.