[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only Tarantino gets shat on when he does this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: The Revenant - Tarkovsky.jpg (1MB, 2563x2750px) Image search: [Google]
The Revenant - Tarkovsky.jpg
1MB, 2563x2750px
Only Tarantino gets shat on when he does this
>>
>>83272859
the revenant was a terrible film that a lot of people think is great because they were told by the media and the retarded youtube reviewers
>>
>>83273528
i liked it a lot, saw it having only seen the trailer. tom hardy was phenomenal. pretty trees too
>>
>>83272859
/tv/ only pretends to hate tarantino. hes actually our favorite director
>>
>>83273724
tom hardy was the only great thing in the movie
>>
>>83273724
He was solid, but nothing that great. The Revenant was only popular because of it's directing, that's the only thing this film has going for it.
>>
>>83274067
the soundtrack and Chivo's cinematography. movie would've been good if it hadn't succumbed to stupid genre bullshit in the last third.
>>
>>83274560
the direction is nothing special, though. the cinematography is what's notable.
>>
The floating wife scene made me cringe
>>
>>83275105
same. it's the worst example of Innaritu's tendency towards empty, pretentious symbolism. he could be talented if he weren't so far up his own ass - despite it all, he has a good eye for visuals and works well with Chivo.
>>
>>83272859
Iñárritu films look like Adidas or BMW adverts. He goes for the lovely shots without understanding them, and that's why they look dishonest and fake compared to Tarkovsky or Bresson - who both knew exactly why they were shooting every frame of their of films in a specific way.
>>
>>83275185
has anyone ever compared AGI to Bresson? seems wildly inaccurate.
>>
>>83275212
I wouldn't think so, it's more about how Bresson, Bergman, Kurosawa or Tarkovsky are first thoughts when it comes to 'true auteurs'. They work with film on a level of understanding that AGI doesn't.

I don't mean to shit on AGI, I didn't mind Babel, Birdman or even Revenant, but they don't hit the mark in the way people think they do.
>>
>>83275125
My main problem with The Revenant is that it was really shallow. The shots has no emotional weight behind them. I never felt anything watching this movie. There's a scene The Revenant where DiCapro literally writes out "Fitzgerald killed my son" as if he thinks the audience forgot why does he keep moving forward. Tarkovsky's movies are more than just beautiful. Each shot makes you feel something. They don't necessary have a solid meaning, but you can identify the feeling they're trying to convey. No exposition is needed.
>>
>>83275270
i wouldn't mind his films if it weren't for his fucking shitty attitude

anyone who thinks their own work deserves to be viewed "in a temple" can blow it out their ass, especially when the film they're talking about is as shallow as The Revenant

>>83275291
exactly this. he doesn't understand the human or formal aspects of filmmaking. at that point there's nothing to appreciate.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.