[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RLM was right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 22

File: chestburster.png (2MB, 925x1449px) Image search: [Google]
chestburster.png
2MB, 925x1449px
There's no reason for the chestburster in Covenant to be fully formed instead of a snake dildo thing like in the original.

Scott just wanted it to do that arm-spreading thing with David so he could have his meme scene.
>>
>>83272553
>RLM was right

form your own opinion lil buddy.
>>
They aren't the same. The xeno in alien is THE ultimate form.

This comes with the price of a very vulnerable starting stage. The chest buster in covenant is fully formed yes but it's not nearly as strong smart or resilient as the xeno in alien
>>
>>83272553
I just want to know why it was dancing for david. That part just looked goofy.
>>
>>83272679
>not as good as the xeno in Alien
>clearly faster, more agile and more aggressive
>>
>>83272626
My opinion is that rlm was right
>>
>>83272553
I hope Scott didn't think he was fooling anyone when Walter was actually David because it was ducking obvious
>>
>>83272679

If anything the chestburster is a better form to start with, it pops out and the GTFOs to go and grow somewhere else instead of being just a mini version that has to figure out how to move about and is less mobile to start with.
>>
>HEY DUDE I USED A KILLER VIRUS TO MAKE ALL KINDS OF ABOMINATIONS NOW LOOK AT THIS ALIEN EGG THING, YEAH IT IS SAFE JUST IGNORE HOW IT REACTED TO YOUR TOUCH BY OPENING IT IS JUST A PRANK BREH TOTALLY SAFE PUT YOUR HEAD UP TO IT, IGNORE HOW I WAS CLEARLY ANGERED BY YOUR KILLING OF THE XENOMORPH AFTER IT ATE YOUR FRIEND CMON BRO TOTALLY SAFE

My fucking hell, who wrote this pile. of. shit.
>>
>>83272553
So what you're saying is Scott prioritised storytelling over autistic lore? Isn't that good?
>>
>>83272738
>ducking obvious

Mobile posters please leave.
>>
Dude none of this shit makes any sense anymore.

All Scott needed to do is start a new franchise.
One fucking job.
>>
>>83272782
And you can go with them, Redditcuck
>>
Prometheus, despite all its flaws, is a much better film than Alien Covenant, in every single way, from a more memorable plot, to better characters, to a better story, to even better writing somehow

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>BRO I CAN'T STOP EXPRESSING LOVE OF HUMAN ART, MUSIC, AND CULTURE BUT DAMN I THINK THEY SHOULD BE DESTROYED CAUSE THEY DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE DESPITE BEING SAVED BY THE SAME WOMAN I TORE APART DURING EXPERIMENTATION
>>
>>83272826
Use your words, anon. Explain why it's bad.
>>
File: 1480652820697.jpg (6KB, 248x247px) Image search: [Google]
1480652820697.jpg
6KB, 248x247px
>>83272765

>tfw too smart for dramatic irony
>>
>>83272840
It's like he's crazy or something. Oh wait
>>
>>83272863
>Characters doing completely idiotic things and having no regard for their own safety is 'dramatic irony'

I think you need to brush up your definitions of things.
>>
>>83272553
Christ, how did they seriously come to the conclusion that the new chestburster looks better? It literally just looks like a scaled down model of the fully grown xenomorph. It just looks less interesting than the original chestburster.
>>
>>83272863
>witness creepy android being friendly with monster that just killed one of your crew members
>watch as said android screams at you for killing his monster pet
>he suddenly gets strangely calm after you threaten to kill him and starts obeying you
>leads you to a dark room full of weird eggs
>instead of shooting him, you lower your weapon
>you then believe him when he tells you the eggs are harmless
>act surprised when you get attacked by the very same thing that crazy homicidal android told you not to worry about
Dramatic Irony doesn't mean you need your character to ignore very obvious signs something bad is going to happen
>>
>>83272765
You did
>>
>>83272863
>calling shit writing dramatic irony to cover up the laziness
>>
>>83272873
>We don't have to explain character motivations or inconsistencies because insanity and that totally isn't a lame excuse for lazy writing at all
>>
>>83272832
nah, if we all remember Prometheus' school of Running doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>83272832

That's pretty faint praise.
>>
>scene ends with Walter clearly kicking David's ass
>David reaching for a knife
>already been proven merely stabbing Walter doesn't work
>somehow Walter loses and David wins

WHO NEEDS DECENT WRITING WHEN YOU CAN HAVE AN AWESOME TWEEST BRO
>>
File: IMG_4609.jpg (71KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4609.jpg
71KB, 500x667px
>>83272765
This was literally the only bad part of the movie that I had a problem with. David talking captain Oram into the most ridiculously foolish death in movie history, and the fully grown alien that somehow fit inside his chest cavity, and it does some weird cringey thing with its arms for David. The entire scene from start to finish was just plain awful.
>>
>>83272945
How is that inconsinsenty? How enjoying art contradicts with killing peoples?
>>
>>83272897

No, you knowing that the eggs are bad and David is evil whilst an on screen character doesn't is dramatic irony. Just because you're too dumb to seperate what you and characters know doesn't mean it was lazy or terrible writing to have Oram trust David.

>>83272935
>>83272940

Again, Oram has just touched down on an alien planet, seen his wife die and been attacked by aliens that burst out of a guys mouth. David said he'd explain everything and he wanted to know, just because you've seen Alien doesn't mean Oram would expect a vagina to jump out of the egg and slide a penis down his throat to lay another alien inside him.
>>
>>83273091
>dude I love this species that I want to completely wipe out

yeah I don't see how that's a contradiction that at least needs to be addressed at all
>>
>>83272738

I was fooled.

>Walter pins David
>David reaches for knife
>Walter emerges with new knife cuts on his face

That coupled with the fact that Walter and David's haircuts were slightly different and he clearly has the Walter haircut after the fight made me think it was Walter, until I saw that pleasured look on his face when he was watching the xeno fight the crew.

What made zero sense, though, was how the chick realized it was David at the end. What tipped her off to that?
>>
>>83273091
His hatred of humanity as an inferior species needing to be destroyed and his love of anything humanity artistically created, whether poetry or music, is inconsistent.
>>
>>83273105

Right, being completely unafraid and unconcerned about a strange alien egg that you've never seen before because an android you just met told you it was safe makes perfect sense.
>>
>>83273000

The flute to the neck shut Walter down for long enough that David could have done the same with a knife and stripped him and rejoined the crew.
>>
>>83273105

You have no business calling anyone dumb
>>
>>83273114
He didn't love humans, only some of their culture, dumbass
>>
>>83273136
She knew it wasn't him because she knew Walter well, and Walter knew about her Cabin or whatever she wanted to build, and she realized that David didn't know what the fuck she was talking about.
>>
>>83272679
>but it's not nearly as strong smart or resilient as the xeno in alien
>Survives shotgun, rifle and explosion
>>
>>83273171

You'd think his love of everything they create would have some effect on what he thinks of them as a species. Dumbass.
>>
>>83273136

Did you miss Walter self healing his neck wound?

Daniels asked David about helping her build the cabin, something she'd only told Walter, and he didn't reply because David didn't know what she was talking about.
>>
>>83273143
How so? Clockwork orange is inconsistent aswell then
>>
>>83272738
So wait, what exactly happened here? Did they switch bodies? David couldn't have possibly copied Walter's appearance in such a short time, right? r-right?
>>
>>83272832
This is extremely true
>>
>>83272782
Not when the story part of storytelling isn't particularly good.
>>
>>83273193
>very vulnerable starting stage

Doesn't sound very perfect or ultimate to me, you'd think he'd do a little more experimentation to weed out this issue
>>
>>83273091
>inconsinsenty

Third worlders were a mistake.
>>
>>83273202
I really don't care about your thoughts on this matter. It was shit writing.
>>
>>83273217
sorry, meant to quote >>83272679
>>
File: BilboFreeman.jpg (46KB, 398x451px) Image search: [Google]
BilboFreeman.jpg
46KB, 398x451px
>>83272553

>all these Top Trumps like point scoring over which xeno is the bestest

Oh, boy, I'm so scared of the unfathomable cosmic horror.
>>
>>83273105
Once again, he witnessed David act completely comfortable with the alien that just fucking decapitated his friend. Then David leads him into a dark unlit cavern full of weird things that open up when you touch them. There is absolutely no reason to fucking trust David especially when he has led you into a dark confined space alone with him, and you'd think that after causing FIVE of your crew memebers to die because you wanted to investigate some weird shot you would stop investigating weird shut and focus on surviving. But nope, better lean closer to the weird alien thing moving inside, not like the only creatures you met on this planet were highly aggressive or anything.
>>
>>83273136
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>83273196
Just because you love music doesn't mean you can't hate other people or even author of this music as person.
>>
>>83272719
Dude that was Spaceballs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc
>>
>>83273205
David stabbed Walter AGAIN because Walter learned nothing from last time and changed clothing when they had similar hair cuts.
>>
>>83273274

There's a pretty big leap from what you're describing to wanting to exterminate the entire race. Such a contradiction could be interesting from a character perspective if it was at least addressed properly. It wasn't.
>>
>xenomorphs are the "ultimate creation"
>literally smart space baboons with acid blood and a strong endoskeleton

Bravo David.
>>
>>83273259
>once again crewmembers on a strange alien world have no regard for protecting themselves from alien atmospheres or extremely sketchy looking organic life

It's like he learned nothing from the criticism of Prometheus
>>
>>83273259
Quit trying to explain this to the retard, they'll never grasp it.
>>
>>83273147

He might not trust him but he wanted to know what was going on, all information Oram had about the aliens so far didn't involve eggs, Hallett just fell ill and then it burst out of his mouth. Oram wouldn't know what was in the egg.

>>83273169

Maybe you should stick to capeshit. You can look at all the pretty colours and any messages and subtext are about as subtle as a punch in the face. Dude superman is like Christ lmao.
>>
>>83273300
>Such a contradiction could be interesting
No, every character's contradiction is automatically equalls to lazy or bad writing as we learn today
>>
>>83273275

I should really see this some time
>>
>>83273148
But who ended up doing the fingering?
>>
>Realizes it is David
>instead of trying to kill him says "David", making him aware

Also
>Hitler loves Wagner but hates subhumans
>David loves Wagner but hates subhumans

BRAVO SCOTT
R
A
V
O

S
C
O
T
T
>>
>>83273353

He should be afraid of the egg precisely because he has no idea what's in it, you retarded child.

This movie was just as dumb as your average capeshit if not dumber. Get off your high horse.
>>
>>83273372
Yes anon. Today you learned something!
>>
>>83273394
>Hitler loves Wagner but hates subhumans
Such a lazy writing.
>>
>>83273372

Not automatically, just when it really obviously is to anyone with the ability to think properly
>>
>>83273413
Thats what I tell everyone here, but half of the time they tell me to go back to /pol/.
>>
>>83273259

Did you miss the scene in which Oram explains his entire motivation to his wife? He thinks the crew don't respect him, so goes out of his way to get them to. Finding out what is going on and saving everyone involved going with David to a creepy lair.

It's not like he discovered David ordering the Neomorph to kill the woman, he found him trying to tame it and had no idea why.
>>
>>83273353
>dude I'm smart and I watch real films like movies about spooky aliens who kill couples making out in the shower, but it's not B movie tropes packaged as art because it has SUBTEXT, which is a very smart sounding word I just learned today

You should go to bed and not wake up.
>>
>>83272738

>quickly cut away before the antagonist is killed
>it turns out they're alive

Is there a more predictable technique in film?
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20151126093114.png (724KB, 693x983px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20151126093114.png
724KB, 693x983px
>>83272679
Alright I can kinda get behind this considering human's have extended infant stages and it makes sense that if the chestburster takes longer to develop than the xeno in Covenant it would be a "higher being".

But then again the timeframe for xenomorph metamorphosis has always been a crapshoot and Covenant was only a half-dozen good scenes stick in a frustrating movie that rapes the mystic of the first film.

A corpse should be left well alone.
>>
>>83273445
>I'm going to save everyone by trusting this obviously psychopathic android and lowering my firearm while closely inspecting the results of a bioweapon

Om my god, Damon Lindelhof is posting on 4chan.
>>
>>83272935
he had faith
>>
>>83273353
>implying horror sci fi isn't marketed and designed to appeal to the exact same audience as superhero films

Boy do you have a lot to learn
>>
>it's another "we're gonna explore an unknown alien planet with unknown viruses, bacteria, and microbes without sealed bio suits" movie
>>
>>83273481

But he didn't KNOW it was a bioweapon for SURE. So it's all okay and makes perfect sense and he's a fucking genius for sticking his head into an orb of alien goo
>>
>>83273529
Name ten
>>
>>83273403

He had no idea what was going to be on the planet, should he have just stayed up on the Covenant and stuck to the mission?

No, he went down because he wanted the crew to respect him and all apart from Dani wanted to go down and check it out.

David tells him the egg is safe, just because you know what is in there doesn't mean Oram should. What eggs have things burst out of them and wrap around your face on Earth?

People rightly called out Rafe Spall's character in Prometheus for trying to pet a snake looking alien because his knowledge of snakes from Earth should tell him to be wary of it. Oram's knowledge of eggs tells him not to expect to end up with a thing to jump out.
>>
>>83273558
>a stupid idea isn't stupid until it's done at least ten times

oh child
>>
>>83273558
You're right, most other writers aren't that stupid. Scravo Brott.
>>
>>83273578
I thought key word was another, i see nothing about stupidity of that in your post
>>
>>83273568
>Oram's knowledge of eggs tells him not to expect to end up with a thing to jump out.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Eggs on earth are safe, so eggs on this alien planet must be totally safe too, especially since a stranger just told me so? Are you being fucking serious?
>>
>>83273568
>What eggs have things burst out of them and wrap around your face on Earth?

>massive egg won't have massive animal burst out

Its funny because you understand how to form thoughts and sentences but cannot form critical thinking skills.
>>
>>83273454

Not an argument

>>83273481
>>83273549

He didn't know it was a bioweapon at all
>>
There are a couple of ways this movie could've been salvaged.

The David/Walter swap could've been done in such a way that you never see the two interact.
We, as the audience, are privy to the fact that David was on that ship with Shaw. The crew would not be aware of that and the David/Walter swap would happen offscreen with David seamlessly rejoining the crew and departing with them.

In order to understand more why David does what he does we'd see him "malfunctioning" and having visions of a Giger-esque dreamscape that is the result of his android mind coping with all that happened to him and would ultimately be completely alien to humans. Basically his "heaven" is to us a biomechanical hellscape.

There is more engineer content in the movie overall.
>>
>>83273529

This was fucking retarded, but so was the discovery of the planet of the first place. They weren't joe blow space truckers like in the first movie, they were """professional""" colonists and their job was to find nearby planets that could host human life. Saying "whoops didn't look there lol" is a flimsy excuse at best, even considering how inept the entire crew is.
>>
>>83273623
David literally spoke moments before before about the bioweapon (pointing at the vials on the wall), his experiments, (all while speaking in an affectionate manner), God, why am I wasting my time.
>>
>>83273502

Alien is marketed at families with small kids?
I know a lot of manchildren are also the target audience for both genres but they aren't the main audience for capeshit
>>
>>83273623
>Not an argument
Actually it is, stupid.

>He didn't know it was a bioweapon at all
He didn't know what anything was because he was on an ALIEN PLANET. Some amount of caution utilized should be obvious if you're not mentally handicapped
>>
>>83273568
Yes, he wanted the crew to respect him, then FIVE crew members died in front of him that he was directly responsible for. By that point in the movie he was a snivelling mess until Daniels encouraged him again that she still respected him. At that point, he should have focused on getting himself and his crew back home alive. Instead, he did the exact same shit that got 5 people killed.
>>
>characters in movie should be careful and make no mistake
There would be no movie
>>
>>83273656

Manchildren are absolutely the main audience for capeshit. Why do you think Deadpool was such a smash hit? You think little kids want to see Captain America and Iron Man bitterly tolerate each other for the greater good? No, that's for the angsty teens who like snappy comebacks.
>>
>>83273549
David had just given him a long speech about working on parasitic organisms that needed hosts, before leading him into a room full of eggs. After explaining how every living thing on the planet was now the result of a bioweapon that made more bioweapons.
>>
>>83273696
>you can't have a movie without characters acting like idiots and constantly endangering themselves without good reason

only if you're a shit writer
>>
>>83273612

So the guy in Prometheus was right to stroke the alien snake because he's not on Earth? Are you going to pretend you weren't shit posting about that when it came out too?
David isn't a stranger, he's a human built android that should be built with the same programming as Walter that involves not harming humans.
>>
>>83273696
>characters in a movie need to be brain dead or else things won't happen
>>
>"when exposed to air the bioweapon atomizes"
>never happened in Prometheus, it always remained a goo

Dammit Scott, it is called continuity.
>>
>>83273722

Apparently you have issues detecting sarcasm.

I suppose I can be forgiving since it was just text.
>>
>>83273743
Just like my 80s slasher flicks!
>>
>>83273741
>So the guy in Prometheus was right to stroke the alien snake because he's not on Earth?

Okay, you are either trolling or actually retarded. Either way I'm done wasting my time.
>>
Why didn't David have a mark in his neck where he was stabbed by the girls nail necklace? How did it heal?
Why did the cryopods have incinerators built into them?
Why was the crew made up of couples, causing emotional mistakes to be more likely? It's not like they needed the crew for repopulation, there were thousands of others.
Why did the woman from Prometheus put David back together in the first place, she knew he was not trustworthy? In fact she only took him along because as a mere head he was no threat.
Why didn't they wear gas masks on the planet, as they at least did in Prometheus? And why didn't they have an emergency protocol for someone getting suddenly sick on an alien planet?
Why didn't they wait for the storm to pass before landing first, what was the hurry?
How did David get alien embryos? We've never seen face hugger embryos before, and what is the function of the eggs if all that is needed is an embryo?
Where did all the aliens that came out of the Engineers go (after the virus was deposited)? I thought aliens didn't starve?

This is just touching the surface of the plot holes in this train wreck. Seriously you'd have to be braindead to enjoy this shit.
>>
>>83273394
>>instead of trying to kill him says "David", making him aware

What's she supposed to do? She was locked in her cryo bed by then
>>
>>83273529

Alien diseases would have no effect on humans you dumb coon. Read a book.
>>
>>83273741

Anyone who is on a planet they've never been should assume anything is potentially dangerous, even the atmosphere. That's why they do things like wear space helmets and collect samples with special devices that they then put into safety apparatuses that they take back on the ship if they're not completely retarded.

>David isn't a stranger, he's a human built android that should be built with the same programming as Walter that involves not harming humans.

This is actually a fair point but I'm still not putting my face in front of an alien device that I don't understand just because a helper bot told me to after he just got done explaining to me that the bioweapon he designed needs hosts.
>>
Second weekend looks bad for Alien Covenant, Box Mojo lowered their (already low) weekend forecast from $22.8 million to $13 million in their Saturday update.

Next movie an Aliens sequel ?
>>
>>83272679
>>83273193

It also matures into a fully formed adult within 20 minutes.
>>
i've never seen a movie that has so much internal inconsistency issues and lack of attention to detail. pretty incredible for a multi million dollar production. even transformers stays true to what happens before
>>
>>83273844

Please, do tell, where does one rent the book that explains how microbiology works on alien planets we've never been to or heard of?
>>
>>83273816
At the least she could have hidden that she realized it was David and used the knowledge to kill him later. Or she could have faked a need prior to cryosleep, grabbed a weapon and killed him with the element of surprise. Now THAT would have been a good final battle. Or maybe they could have wrung better exposition from when she asks David why he did what he did. Something.
>>
>>83273806
>Why did the cryopods have incinerators built into them?

Are you fucking stupid

It malfunctioned and caught fire from the shit happening to the ship
>>
>>83273668

Calling people names is an argument, you have to be 18 to be here. I don't think mummy will appreciate you abusing your computer time privileges.

Yeah, he's on an alien planet where everything has just gone to shit with monsters bursting out of people and chopping off heads, just because you're a super cool predator who'd have just smashed David up with your big swinging dick doesn't mean everyone would.

>>83273683

He as trying to get his crew back alive, they were sat waiting for transport and he killed the alien, there was no other danger and he wanted to know what was going on so his crew hadn't died for nothing.
>>
>>83273844
>an alien virus L I T E R A L L Y wipes out 2 crew members after exposure in the movie
>alien diseases would have no affect on humans
>>
>>83273900
He wasn't gonna let her out of her bed no matter what. And no matter what, she will be waking up with an Alien in her chest, no matter what she knows or plans to do.

She was fucked and she knew it. And totally helpless.
>>
>>83272731
It's just 70's practical restricted effects vs modern CG, of course they can make then really fast and agile with computers. The original Xeno suit was very fragile and made up of thousands of little parts, they couldn't fling it around and have someone sprint about in it.

Plus the slow and methodical aspect suited Aliens more, the Xeno knew it was safer removing each member from stealth slowly.

This is another aspect of why the Proto is inferior, it's clearly not as smart and just acts like a wild animal without any thought other than the end result of killing, hence taking shots directly, fighting in broad daylight and tanking space craft engines just to kill not-Ripley.

You'll probably bring up Aliens and how they were fucking retarded bugs in that, who ran into open turret fire by the droves, but that had nothing to do with Scott, and he's always seen the Xeno as the "ultimate lifeform" unlike Cameron.
>>
this movie is literallu a shitty fan fic film they greenlighted with CGI (that also sucked)

the best part of this movie is when the backburster bursts and the guys spine falls out and he slumps dead that shit made me cringe. and then they ruin it by a bunch of dumb bitches slipping on blood and blowing themselves up in hilarious fashion
>>
>>83273844

According to what?
>>
>>83273906
I was being a little facetious, but you'd think that these cryopods might have been designed to stop them releasing huge amounts of fire inside the pod if they are damaged.
Mostly it is just another instance of everyone, and thing, aboard the ship being wildly, massively incompetent.
>>
>>83273897

So what you're saying is, you have absolutely no idea how genes work. I'll give you a clue: We use four bases of DNA for our genes, but there are hundreds of potential bases, the chances that an alien race even uses dna at all are remote, but the chances that they use the same exact four bases we use is even more remote, and the chances that, should they use the same dna bases we use, their viruses and bacteria would be at all compatible with our biology is yet more remote.

You have a better chance of winning the Space Lottery fifty thousand times in a row that you have of catching an alien disease.
>>
>>83273961

Science.
>>
>>83273994
There are diseases that can affect animals and people though.
>>
>>83273844
This is fucking retarded. Something doesn't even have to bind to antibodies or anything related to human biological structures to be harmful. Do you know why asbestos is bad for you? Why couldn't there be harmful particulates covering the planets air? You're an idiot
>>
>>83273994

And what about potential alien parasites?
>>
>>83273950
>She knew
No she didn't.
>teeny tiny alien facehugger embryos living outside the eggs they need to grow in
Its like Scott has totally forgot the in-universe biology of the aliens. It's shitty writing. Plain and simple
>well how can David, now snuck on board, impregnate them with chest bursters?
>eeeeh, we'll make the facehuggers tinier so they fit in him, yeah, that'll do

The whole movie feels like it was an afterthought after afterthought, or no thinking at all. And lazy fucking Scott relies on using classic poetry or music and symbolism to hide it
>dude totally deep lmao
>>
>>83273799

What's wrong, can't handle your own argument being used against you?

You express disbelief when I suggested that a person would expect all eggs to be safe like on Earth, because you say alien things should be different, yet accuse me of trolling when I use that same logic to excuse the guy petting an alien snake.
>>
>>83273937
Calling people names isn't an argument, but it certainly is an argument that a glorified slasher film with aliens isn't high art simply because it tricked you into thinking it was. And since that's what I said in the post you're so butthurt about, that means that I had an argument.

>I don't think mummy will appreciate you abusing your computer time privileges

Someone's projecting.

>Yeah, he's on an alien planet where everything has just gone to shit with monsters bursting out of people and chopping off heads

So explain to me again why he should not be cautious and potentially concerned about anything he encounters regardless of what strange androids who profess to design bioweapons tell him.

>just because you're a super cool predator who'd have just smashed David up with your big swinging dick

Not an argument! But while we're on the subject, I never said anything about being able to handle such a situation. I just wouldn't stick my face into an alien orifice that I didn't understand because I'm not a retard. So I guess I'd at least last longer than Oram, or you.
>>
>>83272832
Prometheus was a some what new idea. Alien Covenant is a Prometheus 2 with bunch of Aliens and lazy writing.
Prometheus 3 should be fun considering the fact there will be 2 more sequels
>>
>>83274030
People (rightly) adopt an attitude of fear, not indifference, to unknown entities.
You moron.
>>
>>83274024
Seriously, why the fuck are there suddenly alien embryos. Where the fuck did he get them? Do they need an egg to grow? What the fuuuuck this film makes me so mad.
>>
>>83272863
>>>/r/eddit
>>
There was something I think I misheard near the end of the confrontation with David and Walter where Walter asks him again about Ozymandias and who wrote it and David I guess misremembers or cites the wrong author. Was that it?
>>
>>83273978

You have no idea how genes work on alien planets either. One of the guiding principles of science is acknowledging the degree to which we don't understand, you arrogant fuck. But I'm very impressed that you've seen Gattaca.
>>
>>83274102
He thought it was Byron, but it was Shelley. I'm not sure what your question was?
>>
>>83274103
>viruses
What about bacteria or microbes? They don't require genetic markers or proteins to lock on, likewise viruses can mutate.
>>
>>83274120
No you answered it fine, thanks.
>>
File: 1466744620205.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466744620205.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>Alien Awakening
>“There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] ‘Alien,'” Scott said, making sense of where in the “Alien” world the films are placed.
>as it would be a sequel to “Prometheus,” but also a prequel to “Covenant,” which were both themselves prequels to the original “Alien” series.
Even Ridley has trouble sorting out this convoluted shit. Just let it die.
>>
>>83274070
I imagine they're preserved and then need to be implanted into a human to actually grow. I don't know why this is making people freak out so much. They're not going to be developing unless they're implanted into a person.
>>
The real question is why were they going to that original planet, that was never explained, so you never felt anything for the characters.

You'd think people would learn from Rogue One
>>
>>83273978
And yet there are things that are very harmful to us despite not having evolved to match our DNA. For example, there could be parasites, things that emit radioactivity, harmful particulates etc etc

The point is on an alien planet one doesn't know at all what substances there might be. And it would be a very obvious first precaution to wear a bio suit and do labs on the air etc before ever taking even a glove off.
And if someone DID suddenly get sick on an alien planet, they would DEFINITELY be trained not to say 'I'm fine, probably Jsut a cold lol' like in the movie.
>>
>>83274152
Basically he just made the one with the Aliens in it first because people bitched about no Aliens in his last one. So now he can go back and make the movie he actually wanted to make, i.e the sequel to Prometheus.
>>
File: stop.jpg (119KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
119KB, 500x341px
>>83274030

I don't understand how one can be this stupid and this arrogant at the same time. You apparently don't even understand my argument, which is that what you know of Earth has no bearing on how things work on this planet, and therefore you should always assume things are not safe until proven otherwise.

So how is bringing up an idiot sticking his face in an alien in another movie an example 'using my argument against me' you thick fuck? If anything you're bolstering my point by indicating this same director has done this same stupid shit in another movie of his.
>>
>>83274038

I don't think I ever claimed it was high art, I'm just trying to point out its ridiculous to shit on a film because a character does something that you only know is bad because you've seen other films.

>dude projecting lmao

Also not an argument

He should be cautious, that's why he just gunned down the monster when David said not too. He's looking for answers and he gets tricked into getting face hugged, yes that was pretty dumb but we can only say that because we have seen the film Alien.

>I'd last longer than Oram, or you..

No, I also wouldn't look into anything because I too watch horror movies. Same reason I wouldn't stay in creepy cabins or trust creepy rednecks or split up in any situation ever.
>>
>>83274164
>implanted in a human
Dude. They were facehuggers. Tiny as fuck facehuggers. The size of his thumb. Did the Covenant have chihuahua puppies on board he was going to impregnate?
>>
>>83274170
>why were they going to that original planet
They were on a colonization mission and the planet they were originally going to was vetted for decades before the mission was launched. This was very clearly stated.
>>
>>83274050

Not curiosity? If man was truly fearful of the unknown we'd still all be living in caves.
>>
>>83274164
Where the fuck did he get them? The embryos look like facehuggers, which don't grow in people, they grow in eggs. As for what grows in people, it's not even clear - there are the goo backbusters, dildo looking chestbusters, and mini alien chestbusters. None of these three look like the embryo though,
>>
>>83272738
to be honest, i was kinda surprised, but that's because i really didn't care at that point.
>>
>>83274212
Yeah but you never knew the why's as to why the crew was chosen, the background, they're lives on Earth and what was happening there.

Film was a glorified Starship Troopers
>>
>>83274220
>I just saw my friend murdered by a giant alien, but my curiosity isn't sated today, I must see what's in this ominous looking egg! Let me just put my gun down to get a really good close look!
>>
>RLM shit on this film but love Logan even though it has a dumb ugly annoying kid screaming through 90% of the movie

It's like they actually believe "capekino" is not ironic, they actually believe Logan is a "great story"

I'm beginning to doubt their taste
>>
>>83272738
WHY DID DAVID NOT HAVE A WOUND ON HIS CHIN WHERE THE BITCH STABBED HIM WITH HER DEAD HUSBANDS NAIL? WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THE NAIL IN THE FILM OTHERWISE? FUCK THIS GAY FILM
>>
>Just finish getting my ass fucking beat by an android
>Other android that basically looks EXACTLY like him saves me
>Leave the planet with an android that could 50/50 not be my Android
>Don't just kill the walking tin can because I think it's a person
>Die horribly because I am fucking dumb and never even thought to see if the android I know has a twin is Walter

She deserved it desu
>>
>>83272832
they're both objectively shit. prometheus was more memorable, but only because of its stupidity. not sure if that counts as a positive.
>>
>>83274193

It wasn't an argument when you said the shit about my 'mummy' in the first place, so what's your point? We're both weaving insults in with the points we're making. Stop calling the kettle black.

>yes that was pretty dumb but we can only say that because we have seen the film Alien.
No, that was dumb even if you haven't seen Alien. It's always dumb to assume things you don't understand are completely harmless, especially if you're on an alien fucking planet.
>>
This film made Prometheus look like the original Alien. Truly the worst film I've seen in years
>>
File: IMG_0556.gif (171KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.gif
171KB, 200x200px
>mfw Aliens and Alien 3 was more coherently written than this pile of gorgeous shit
>mfw the crew decide to veer away from their carefully investigated and documented planet in a ship which must have cost hundreds of trillions on a one way trip for some unknown planet on a whim
>>
Why didn't mother immediately tell the crew that wasn't Walter.

If it can detect an unknown lifeform aboard the ship and the locations of every member it would surely have an easier time being able to identify an android.
>>
>>83274317

Except the original Alien is a masterpiece and Prometheus was terrible.
>>
>>83274364
This also occurred to me, androids have fucking serial numbers and trackers, it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>83273906
>are you fucking stupid, all these plot holes have obvious solutions, but I'm too tired to explain them to you right now idiot
>>
>>83274279
rewatch the video, Mike liked it
>>
>>83274299
you forgot:
>Walter has a fucking self repair feature
>What's that, "Walter"? Your face is damaged? Here, let me help you.
>>
>Lets walk around this mysterious new planet in our hiking gear
>Hey dude look into this creepy egg, 2 minutes after I gave you a creepy list of my activities in a room where theres drawings of aliens all over the wall, oh yeah and shaws corpse in the corner covered in alien junk
>We're synthetics with superhuman speed and strength and durability, I'm just gonna throw you around and slap fight like its WWF, even though I could dismember you easilly
>Hey lets cut a few shots where David gives himself away, so Ripley2.0 suddenly goes from friendly to knowing he's David based on nothing

Dumb Smart People 2: Return of the Fass
>>
>>83274386
Yes, and this film is in another league of bad. Promethues wsd dumb. But this is truly mindless
>>
>>83274319
eh, this makes sense to me. they are so far away there aren't going to be repercussions for any of their actions for a long time. that combined with the death of their captain, I can buy that they would take the easy way out and not go back in the pods for 7 years where the same thing could happen again.
>>
I quite enjoyed this movie, lads.
>>
>>83274364
>>83274400
didn't Teneesee say they were shutting Mother down for a few hours to do a reboot or something. I would say she wasn't online until after David got to mess with her head
>>
>>83274405
I think it's time for old man Ridley to be put in a home.
>>
>>83274439
I hate to break it to you my friend, but you might be retarded.
>>
>>83274425

Sorry, I stupidly misunderstood your post.
>>
How did David know how when he came back from back to give them the goo black from first movie to when he gave him to it whene eye didn't even have the second movie when they came out to find him when he made them to so they have can to drink when it put them it's glass first movie?
>>
>>83274452

Depends on why he enjoyed it.
>>
>>83274477
I wish to be raped by an alien lifeform
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 1300x955px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 1300x955px
>>83274473
>>
>>83274452
>>83274477
Liked the android story. Didn't care at all about xenos or crew. Liked the ending. Basically anything that wasn't Fassbinder felt like filler but the shit with Walter & David and some of the cinematography was enough for me to like it. Probably give it like a 6/10.
>>
>>83274443
I don't remember the length of time, but Mother was online and was the one who detected the xenomorph. Mother also took David's security code at the end for some reason as well. I just don't understand how Mother A. didn't notify the crew of a foreign synth B. took David's, a foreign synth, orders and C. notified the crew of the xenomorph (which it detected) but failed to scan the embryos in David.
>>
>>83274477

>Depends on why he enjoyed it.

Because he slept through it ?
>>
>>83274473
what did he mean by this
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (54KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
54KB, 640x458px
>>83274473
care to run that by me again?
>>
File: Mike dead.gif (1MB, 845x465px) Image search: [Google]
Mike dead.gif
1MB, 845x465px
>>83274473
>>
>>83274473
>>83274502
>>83274523
>>83274531
>>83274533
samefag
>>
>>83274443

After David was already on board.

In the time it takes them to dock get onboard explain what happened down there to the other 2 crew members there would be plenty of time before Mother was shutdown.
>>
>>83274520

Or was laughing at how bad it was, or thought it had some cool ideas but overall didn't work.
>>
>>83274319

That's far from the most offensively stupid thing that happened. They were under new leadership and the crew unanimously agreed that it was a good idea to quickly check it out since it was only a few weeks away on their 7 year journey, and they didn't want to get torched alive in the spaceship. They botched everything related to exploring the planet, but the idea itself was sound.
>>
>>83274543

wrongfag

also, stop hating fun.
>>
File: DongBurst.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
DongBurst.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>tfw the body horror wasn't even that scary

one job
>>
What was the big ass thing that crushed all the trees? Was it the ship?
Why were the engineers so short?
>>
>>83274574
>Then who was phone redux is fun

We've pointed out a shitton of plotholes worthy of memes itt
>>
File: Ricky.png (140KB, 242x250px) Image search: [Google]
Ricky.png
140KB, 242x250px
>>83274575
>that gif
>>
>>83273696
first Alien happened, and characters were smart there
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (252KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
252KB, 460x800px
>>83274473
>>
>>83274575

Can you give me a sauce on this?
>>
>>83274599
>What was the big ass thing that crushed all the trees? Was it the ship?
Yes, it was obviously the ship. God, now I know why Hollywood constantly dumbs down movies
>>
If they do a thing where Walter wakes up and reprograms the xeno morphs into something good that helps people and battles David's evil xenos it will redeem the first two. You can also spin it to Walter being Jesus with his xenos as being his apostles or sheep and David being the devil with his xenos as fallen angels or demons. If you care about the religious motif they keep throwing in these movies.
>>
Wasn't Shaw supposed to be important? I mean, wasn't I supposed to give a shit about her trying to find out the Engineer's motives?

Did Ridley change his mind? Did the movie not turn out how he wanted? Or did he just have a moment of senility?
>>
>>83274180

You've got me there. It came across as you suggesting that you should forget everything you know of Earth stuff and be open minded not scared of everything, so that could be used to defend against all the shit Prometheus got for it because just because snakes are bad on Earth doesn't mean they're bad on the alien planet.

>>83274311

It is stupid to mess about with alien stuff, I'm sure if David wasn't there to coax him into doing it then he wouldn't have. But the whole point is our view of things are automatically bias due to knowing how films and plots need to work and then using that to shit on a characters actions because we believe we'd do better.
>>
>>83274739
Sounds too good to be made.
>>
>>83274692
But in the flash back the shirt didn't seem to have any problems so why would it crash?
>>
What was the point of establishing Oram's faith?
>>
>>83274473
>>
>>83274739

If anything Walter will examine David's work, repair the engineer ship and then go after Covenant.

Bear in mind that Walter knows where Covenant is headed so if he can make an engineer ship function he can go and catch up easily.

If engineer ships are faster than human vessels he can even get there ahead of them. They need 7 more years to reach their destination, but he can get there faster probably.
>>
>>83274774
To seem deep

>I saw the devil once when I was younger, David
>never elaborates on this
What a train wreck
>>
File: 1494908889239.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1494908889239.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>Thinking Walter is still alive

:(
>>
>>83274760
I sure as shit wouldn't have followed the suspicious android into his lair to see his "successes," after I had seen him already trying to earn the trust of one of the monsters that had killed several of my crew, including my wife, and he acted upset when I killed it.
Just a thought.
>>
File: image.png (81KB, 799x621px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
81KB, 799x621px
>>83274765
>doesn't think my ideas are shit

Thanks anon
>>
>>83274795
That's assuming walter is alive. David tried to kill him before, what makes you think he wouldn't make sure he stays down after their last fight?
>>
>Alien
>Ship name: Nostromo
>Aliens
Ship name: Sulaco
>Prometheus
Ship name: Prometheus
>Alien: Covenant
Ship name: Covenant

Getting lazy, are we?
>>
>>83274774
he had too much faith
thats why he trusted David and fucking died like a moron
>>
>>83274839

Same reason David does other crazy shit.

Maybe he wanted Walter to survive.
>>
>>83274825
Honestly they're mediocre but I didn't want to say it outright.
>>
>>83274811
He could be, David mistakenly thought he deactivated him the first time and he didn't have a lot of time switch out and assume his likeness.
>>
>>83272679
>THE ultimate form.
in what way? it's just an angry critter. it has slightly above the intelligence of a wild panther. god I hate " "sci fi" " fags who just watch space fantasy or space horror and think it's supposed to be a deep introspective look at the evolution of humanity
>>
File: keanu.jpg (20KB, 432x324px) Image search: [Google]
keanu.jpg
20KB, 432x324px
>>83274473
what
>>
>>83274865
>Maybe he wanted Walter to survive.
>after trying to kill him before
>>
>>83272840
He isn't obsessed with humans specifically he's obsessed with the act of creation through passionate feeling rather than necessity, such as a lot of human culture (music, art) does.
Compare that to his own creation as a tool by humans you could see how he might dislike humans and try and start his own race, playing God to a new culture he can shape.
>>
File: alien-shot-2.jpg (179KB, 1600x678px) Image search: [Google]
alien-shot-2.jpg
179KB, 1600x678px
>>83272553
>There's no reason for the chestburster in Covenant to be fully formed instead of a snake dildo thing like in the original.
Obviously Scott meant for the chestburster to be the alien in miniature to begin with, and finally had the means to do it.
Are nostalgia goggles really so thick you can't see the fucking plastic blood hose?
>>
>>83274772
Shaw probably made it crash after she woke up and saw what David had done/did to her.
>>
>>83274889

He is obviously crazy and doesn't know what he wants and changes his mind on the fly.
>>
>>83273806
>Why was the crew made up of couples, causing emotional mistakes to be more likely? It's not like they needed the crew for repopulation, there were thousands of others.

Because not everyone is autistic like you.
>>
>>83274905
Fair, but what is the difference between the chestbusters and the backbusters? Also where did all the aliens that came from the engineers go?
>>
>>83274929
How fucking dare you speak to me that way
>>
>>83274898

The problem is that he is making a race of apex predators that literally gore everything around them to death in the most violent way possible while creating absolutely nothing.

He might as well make a bipedal tiger made out of metal.
>>
>>83272626
See, there's this thing called "agreement"
>>
>>83274940
>what is the difference between the chestbusters and the backbusters?
Chestbursters are xenomorphs

Backbursters are not xenomorphs, they're what the bioweapon creates when it infects humans, I think we call them neomorphs

>Also where did all the aliens that came from the engineers go?
Died, who knows if there even were that many? Maybe only humans produce the neomorphs, and engineers just die.
>>
>>83274961
No, it is a reddit channel, and anything even slightly similar to their views must be destroyed. We are 4chan. We do not forgive. We do not forget.
>>
If Prometheus completely removed everything that had to to with xenomorphs, replaced it with actual substance, and was its own standalone film, would it have been good?
>>
>>83274940
>Fair, but what is the difference between the chestbusters and the backbusters?
They're different animals.
>Also where did all the aliens that came from the engineers go?
Some of the full grown backbursters were probably surviving engimorphs. Beside that I'd expect most of them to have eventually hunted eachother to death or died from lack of prey.
>>
>>83274905

The movie was good, so I didn't notice, or even if I did, I didn't care. That's the power of writing a script that isn't shit smeared on paper.
>>
>>83274983
No, the characters were trash.
>>
>>83274929
doctors are prohibited from operating on people they are emotionally attached to, because they are more likely to make mistakes. but same rule doesnt apply to space ship crews?
>>
>>83274976
So neomorphs can starve? What about that big one with no eyes that killed the girl, did that grow up from the infant in a matter of hours?
>>
>>83274983

My ideal rewrite is Prometheus combined with Covenant with the final act of the movie taking place on Paradise. The engineers with the bioweapon are rogues and in a twist ending the ones on Paradise are "good" but David nukes them anyway. No mention of xenos of any kind.
>>
>>83274981
>infantile anon is legion bs from 2011
Grow up
>>
>>83274929
Sorry, in what professional expedition is it ok to have couples working together? Emotions always bring about complications. Do you think they'd be cool with sending a husband wife team into the ISS
>>
>>83275019
>What about that big one with no eyes that killed the girl, did that grow up from the infant in a matter of hours?

I thought this was the result of David impregnating Shaw, it was basically a proto xenomorph
>>
>>83274905
>the effects are dated so the movie is bad

Actually no, and besides the effects are still not only amazing for their time but better than the ones in Covenant, even with blood hoses and awkward cuts. The xenomorphs in Covenant look like cartoons.
>>
File: pepe2.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
pepe2.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
Why the fuck didn't the 'mother'/ship report that there was a new unknown 10 year old android on board and the previous android was not present? Why would it even give David security access control? I mean okay, it's a droid by the same company, but you would think with all the talk about improvements, they would not make something 10 year old be compatible with shit they make in their present. Especially for big ass expensive government project like colonisation.

>hey let's build a super expensive spaceship to colonise a far away planet and install a floppy disk reader in there and make it so that if someone has a floppy disk they can control everything even though we dont use floppy disks because WHY THE FUCK NOT
>>
>>83275099

Forget about that part.

Why even allow anyone who was on the planet back on the ship to begin with?

They were obviously exposed to who knows what down there and most of them are dead.

There should be a protocol that prevents exposure in such circumstances and basically shuts off docking procedures and so on.

Of course the crew can attempt to override it but considering their emotional investment that should be taken into consideration and Mother should take over.
>>
>>83275094
>the effects are dated so the movie is bad
Not implied in the quoted post. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>83275145
It's like no one on board had even gone through basic training. Someone got sick and protocol went out the window, literally chaos ensued. Why didn't they wait for the storm to pass before landing? Or wait for coma to reboot before splitting up? Why didn't they communicate with each other exactly what was happening? Why were they all so terribly incompetent?
>>
>>83275179

Same reason the Prometheus crew literally went WAHOOOOOO and rolled out on dirtbikes 5 seconds after noticing an alien structure on an alien planet for the first time in human history.
Same reason everyone went to take a nap after coming back to the ship afterwards even though they had two crewmembers stranded.

I just realized that Scott used a "weird storm" as a plot device in both movies.

I'm starting to believe he doesn't even read these scripts and just glances over them and wings it.
>>
>>83274882

Agreed, it's my main problem with these directors digging up old franchises like this. It's become too precious to them. What was once just an interesting species now has to be the 'perfect organism'. Darth Vader can't just be a powerful villain with a tragic backstory, he has to be the greatest force user of all time who was foretold by an ancient prophecy and the product of a virginal birth like Jesus. What was cool about the originals was that they were special to us without us having to be outright told that they're special.
>>
>>83274981
>even if someone I don't like says something I agree with I have to pretend I don't agree with it

sounds like something an infant would do
>>
>>83275179
maybe Ridley Scott tries to warn us about private space exploration
>>
>RLM review of Covenant
>Jay: "I guess we still don't know who created the black goo"

Is Jay a mental defective?
How is this fucking retard still alive? How is he allowed to review movies?

He should stick to brainless B movie horror trash because apparently he has 89iq and can't even follow a simple story in which it is DIRECTLY said that the goo was created by the engineers
>>
>>83275266

don't worry, there will be a prequel prequel trilogy just to explain that sooner or later
>>
>>83275266

A better question is why do you have a personal vendetta against someone you've never met simply because they don't like a movie you liked?
>>
>>83275266
>brainless B movie horror trash
Like Alien: Covenant?
>>
>>83273806
plot hole
probably an excess of oxygen catching fire
so the movie could have more drama without the writers having to put in work
he probably refused to help her pilot the ship otherwise
plot hole
david mentions that the storm could last anywhere from half a day to months
probably from dissecting an egg that was not fully formed
no aliens came out of the engineers they just got fucking disintegrated
>>
File: Woody.gif (2MB, 290x230px) Image search: [Google]
Woody.gif
2MB, 290x230px
>there exists at least one person out there who thinks Alien : Covenant is the best movie of the franchise
>>
>>83275237
Ash calls it the perfect organism in Alien though
>>
>>83273844

But they did in the movie
>>
>>83275297
Why are you defending a retard though?
>>
>>83275266
>there was a throwaway line to explain it so it's all tied up in a neat little bow

I also seem to remember them discussing in the review that there was a given explanation, but I suppose you were screeching with autistic rage at that point so you might not have heard
>>
>>83275383
>throwaway line

Both movies are arguably centered on the black goo in its entirety you fucktard

Jay is 89iq, accept it

He's literally too fucking dumb to pick up on such simple plot points
>>
>>83275383
>there was a throwaway line to explain it so it's all tied up in a neat little bow
Yes.
>>
>>83274549
that's a fair point
>>
>>83275316
Thanks. Not sure I agree with all of them, we see aliens coming out of engineers for one (and David explains the virus does that to all non vegetative life).
Also I meant why did they even put a ship down during a plasma storm at all. Jsut wait a few weeks if need be, until the storm passes.
>>
>>83275346

That's just his opinion at that point. His admiration for it is an interesting aspect of his character, but it doesn't need to be retroactively ballooned into being the entire point of the whole franchise.
>>
>>83272832
>better
not saying much
>>
>>83275346

Yeah so obviously they must reference it in the newly reanimated franchise, just like they need to reference everything else from the other movies so that you know you're watching a franchise movie.
>>
>>83275411
well they did say they needed help right fucking now
>>
>>83275359
>goes on a tirade about a stranger's views on a movie he likes
>dude why do you care so much
>STOP DEFENDING HIM
>>
>>83273863
And there was no reason for the rapid growth as they were going to be there some time. Instead these things murdered needlessly, not eating much nor taking it away for storage.
>>
>>83275334
at least it was better than Prometheus
>>
>>83275462
>tirade

It was literally three lines of greentext and a sentence. What's wrong with you, friend?
>>
>>83275457
I'm talking about the very first landing ship. Not the rescue mission. The first expedition, why did they set down in a storm?
>>
>>83275401

Yeah, so understanding what the fuck it is and what it does is kind of important and deserves more than a half-assed throwaway line in the SECOND movie
>>
>>83274952
But you see a bipedal tiger made out of metal would be a machine programmed to do something. Whilst he is obsessed with creatures who choose to do something instead, hence why he was so entranced by the upright Xeno creature and wanted to tame it. By creating and controlling tameable life he becomes a God, where with machines he'd be at most an engineer.
>>
>>83275498

I never said the metal tiger is a machine.
It just has a metal outer shell.
>>
>>83275406

Not if you have remotely discerning taste.
>>
>>83275497
Regardless, the question of "who made it" was ALREADY answered in PROMETHEUS to begin with.

Shit it never even WAS a question that came up.
>>
>>83275401

Or you're so dumb that you accept a lazy attempt to retcon slapdash nonsense and plot convenience
>>
>>83275482
I supposed they thought it was mild enough that they could make it through no problem, but now that you mention it that is pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>83275010
I thought that whole idea of the Covenant was that everyone would wake up on the the next planet, so the crews job was extremely basic and really to organise building efforts. The android was supposed to take care of the travel part. It kinda make sense they weren't the best built team for space travel planet hunting shenanigans if they weren't supposed to be doing it at all.
>>
>>83275556

That's just to make it EXCITING.
>>
>>83275478
My post one sentence and that apparently makes me a member of his defense force, so by your own criteria you must really be passionate about what Jay thinks. Why is that?
>>
>>83275497
I love how you faggots complain when movies treat you like fucking children and explain everything but that get equally ass blasted when movies don't explain fucking every tiny fucking detail.
>>
>>83275567
But they were needed for emergencies, and so it makes no sense for them to be couples in fact it makes even less sense for them to be couples given the fact that their ONE JOB required emotional detachment.
>>
>>83275607

It's almost like it's best to not be either of the two extremes. Especially if it's extremely apparent that you're not explaining things because you have no clue what the fuck you are doing.
>>
If anything these movies just made me appreciate Alien and Aliens more.
>>
>>83275519
Fair enough.
It make sense he'd end up creating Xeno like things though considering the only biology he had to mold as he wanted was what the bioweapon created
>>
>>83275607
>the plot device directly behind the entirety of the events of both films is a tiny fucking detail
>>
>>83275668
will it make me forgive Aliens for having serious problems in its third act or debate my firm stance that Alien is vastly superior?
>>
>>83275047

Well they did send a husband and wife on board Space Shuttle Endeavor, but that's because NASA has high expectations that their crew is professional and won't jeopardize the mission for petty reasons.
>>
>>83275674

I would be completely satisfied if David sat down in the movie and lamented the fact that the only thing he can create with is hyperviolent animals available on Paradise which get further more violent when mutated with the black goo.
So he has to cultivate life from those building blocks and evolve it until it is "decent" in the sense that the part of humanity he respects is "decent". But he works with what he is given, even if it takes a long time and even if it takes sacrificing human lives.

But he never does that and instead acts like a crazy villainous guy right from the start.
>>
>>83275532

If you're so stupid that you just accept "Oh, the Engineers made it." How? When? Why? Which Engineers? Did they act alone or was it the will of some kind of nation or society, or even the species as a whole? Speaking of which, do they have nations or societies? If so, how do they work? Oh, I guess we'll never know because David killed them all. Well, that sure is convenient for any screenwriters who happen to have written themselves into a corner.
>>
>>83275823
I'll give you that. I think David is a good character but he isn't handled very well
>>
>>83275880
this
his insanity is not explained well at all. He has every reason to go insane (Developing emotions with no way to process them, having no directive, hardware damage, long periods of time alone on the engineer ship/world with few external tasks to do, pseudosexual frustration, shaw's ''loss'') but none of these things get acknowledged enough to be considered canon.
>>
>>83275682
WHAT FUCKING MORE IS THERE TO KNOW?
>>
>>83275532

Are you really that fucking stupid? Prometheus explained shit. There was no reason the believe Engineers created it instead of finding it.
>>
>>83276031
what in the fuck are you on about, there is absolutely no fucking reason to think they found it instead of creating it, its kept in long bomb like canisters and the little crystal bottles are aerodynamic and fragile enough to break on impact, just from fucking watching the movie i can deduce what the fuck it is because i'm not a fucking baby that needs to be guided by the fucking hand every step of the way.
>>
>>83273322

I've got to ask, but what do we see from the Aliens that qualifies them as smart? They basically kill everything they see and then proceed to create a hive-like environment. That's kind of it.
>>
Does any movie or work in the Alien franchise actually answer fucking questions? They all seem to bring up more questions and answer a few, if any.
>>
>>83276215

If we ignore Aliens (like Scott does) we never really see what xenos are capable of once they mature since they always get killed off earlier.

You can argue even that the xeno in Alien was smart and even on par with a human with the handicap of being just one day old so no actual real life experience.

But David might've designed them to never age and die so they would just get more and more experienced and smart as they aged until their intelligence reaches human levels and surpasses them.
>>
Why did that pod catch on fire at the beginning? Why the fuck would anyone be using that thing if it exploded so easily? What malfunctioned in that thing to cause it to burst into flames in just a minute? Wouldn't they be worried about the thousands of other people and their pods after that?

Why was this movie so shitty? Why did the characters make so many stupid decisions? Why was the writing so bad?
>>
>>83276258
You might be onto something there.
>>
>>83274981
you got a little too obvious here, bring it back
>>
>>83272832
I'd rather they just made a movie showing more engineers. I liked Engineers. Covenant was such a disappointment to me. I hope in the next movie some badass Engineers in black suits will show up to David's planet and wreck his shit for wrecking one of their planets. I don't think Engis just lived on one planet, considering their technology they are probably living on many planets and probably even have different factions. I hope some visitors arrive soon, realise what have transpired and trace David's ship so we can have Engineer warriors vs david+xenos vs human survivors.
>>
>>83276407
>Implying the next movie won't be about humans doing stupid shit to put themselves into bad situations so that the xenomorphs can kill them

If only it could be different. But it won't be.
>>
The people complaining about covenant probably unironically enjoyed guardians of the galaxy and the avengers. The same kinda people who profess aliens to be there favorite alien film. The movie clearly wasn't aimed at you faggots. In fact I'm glad it caused you manchildren so much butt hurt, thank you based ridley.
>>
File: aiscreenshot031.jpg (81KB, 1920x1084px) Image search: [Google]
aiscreenshot031.jpg
81KB, 1920x1084px
So we can all agree the best xenomorph design so far is Alien: Isolation right? It's Giger's design with some of the kinks of the original costume sorted out. Literal perfection.
>>
>>83273906
Are YOU stupid?

What the fuck kind of unexplainable bullshit is that? Oops lol the machine.that freezes you solid for years on end has.caught on fire. My b!
Nigger what
>>
>starts as a rapist impregnating you
>turns into a dildo
>grows into a big black penis
pottery
>>
>>83276297

Again though, this is just telling the audience that they're supposed to be really smart, or that the potential is there. I don't feel like we can really argue that the alien in 'Alien' was smart because, again, we don't see it do anything other than stalk and hunt people. I'm a little wary of calling that 'smart'.

I really feel like this 'smart' thing for the aliens is undeserved and maybe just bullshit. I would call Predators smart well before I'd call the aliens smart.
>>
>>83276463
>Oh a snake of unknown species surrounded by creepy containers, let me pat it.
>A robot's pet just killed one of my freinds, why not let him give me a tour of his dungeon.
>Oh a slimy egg is opening, let me stick my face into it
>>
>>83276512

The design is fine, it's just a shame the game doesn't give me much of a feeling of suspense or terror.
>>
>>83274120
This implies there are problems with davids programming. He's remembering things incorrectly. His files are scrambled. His "morality" is corrupted. His goals too. He has lost his original function. He is "corrupt". His innocent nature, gone. His paradise, lost.
>>
>>83276510
covenant was WAY more normie tier than promethieus. It was full of big silly CGI alien monster action scenes and explosions.

It's not even 2DEEP4U level pretentious. Most people caught every shoehorned literary reference. The confusion comes from purposely withed information being excluded from the story.
>>
>>83272553
how did Daniels know they had acid blood? she just casually throws it out there at the end, in the airlock like an expert.

also why did David/ Walter look relieved when the Alien was killed in the airlock.

also "wanna give a girl a hand"

oooooooooooh Daniels....canned laughter.
>>
>>83276547
But predators are smart though. their technology is waaaay ahead of ours. I don't even know how they developed such advanced tech if all they enjoy is hunting prey while wearing fishnets. Maybe they have a different faction, the nerd faction, that created science, while the hunter faction does fighting, hunting, and protection.
>>
>>83276586
There is suspense. Videogames, however, can never instill a sense of terror.
>>
>>83276631
I also liked how the Alien jumped after getting ejected from the space garage and fell towards the ship, when there was no gravity. Also it was very convenient that the incredibly agile, aggressive and predatory xenomorph happened to get its foot caught on the wiring of that little fence thingie when it was chasing the woman.

It sucked and was full of plot devices.
>>
The RLM fatasses are retards, they didn't even understand Shaw and David used a new alien ship to move to their planet. That's why there was other dead bodies in that ship
>>
>>83276631
i perceived his look after the alien got ejected to be one of mourning. Like "oh jesus christ now I have to deal with these two shitty humans and breed a new one of those guys"
>>
>>83276670
I liked how it got crucified by the machine and assumed a "christ at the cross pose."
>>
>>83276821
even if that was the case, why did he bother helping them in the first place.

inb4: he was testing the alien

also...teeny tiny encased facehuggers...really...where did he get the time or facilities to even do that...

last thing...am I to believe David cut off his arm at some point...

there must be a lot of stuff on the cutting room floor me thinks.

I want to like this movie...but my god its so contrived and convenient, its literally on par with the fast and the furious movies.
>>
>>83272945
Sounds like every movie or piece of entertainment ever made. You are literally trying to shit-talk the movie for not spelling everything out for your man-child brain to understand.
>>
>>83276852
Or how the black alien things flew down from David's ship and infected all the pale Engineer people and their city looked like ancient Rome and they wore robes or whatever clothing and fell to a giant swarm. Looked like some shit from the Bible.

True pottery.
>>
>>83274639
Nonsense. They were just as dumb as they were in all the other movies, most people think they were smart just because they wore spacesuits to an uninhabitable location.

>Kane slips and falls on top of the eggs, wow what an unfortunate accident for him to discover the driving force of the plot
>Kane sees the eggs have some biological lifeform inside and they open up as he approaches
>Let's have the character be smart by sticking his fucking face into the egg
>Let's also not quarantine the dude who has an alien lifeform attached to him, just throw him in the med bay and let's sit around him.
>The alien lifeform mysteriously detaches itself. Let's not examine what happened to Kane now that he's awake, just bring him over to have dinner
>Let's send our fucking captain completely alone to hunt a never seen before alien lifeform in the cramped corridors of a ship with less lighting than my basement
>Lambert literally stands in front of the alien for about 2 minutes while she is told to get the fuck out of the way, but that would mean the alien dies so she can't do that
>Let me set the entire ship to self destruct without even having my escape pod ready, or even checked to see if the alien isn't in my escape pod

Alien movies are filled with stupid characters. Maybe it's because of the repeatedly used central theme of humans being flawed and stupid, especially in the face of danger.
>>
>>83276613
Still fun to see all the autist man children screaming about plot holes and story problems in what is basically a b movie slasher flick. I admire how old man ridley continues to rustle you faggots jimmies.
>>
>>83276631
Daniels was with the soldier dude who got his face messed up, and she killed the previous xenomorph using the claw. She probably noticed the toxic blood by then.

David was helping the crew because he had to play along, but also he wanted to have an experiment with his creation to see how it matches up against the humans. Even though it died, he has no cause for concern since he can make more of them, and because of the experiment he knows to make them better.

No excuse for the shitty one liners.
>>
>>83272553

It's more of an exploration into giger's drawings and paintings where there is a wealth of interesting ideas beyond the basic scope of just what's in alien.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.