[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he crash the ship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 6

>>
I think Shaw crashed the ship when she found out he dropped the payload. Then he incapacitated her and started his experiments.
>>
>stay tuned for the next exciting entry in the alien prequel saga, dubbed 'AWAKENING'
>>
>>83268819
That's a big android
>>
>>83268840
I think there were no instructions for landing, so he just smashed buttons
>>
>>83268819
Great movie but shitty writing
>>
>>83269896
>Great movie

no
>>
meme actor
>>
>>83268819
>Counselor Troi thread
>>
>>83269896

how can a movie be great with shitty writing
>>
with no survivors
>>
>>83268840
I assume this is probably the explanation

If they had a docking station for ships then I assume refueling wouldn't be that big of an issue, if those ships needed refueling at all

Why would David stay on that planet of his own free will?

Also, that basically means that this couldn't have been the home world if there was only one ship, being the one that he brought there.

Whatever, movie was trash
>>
>>83268819
The flight plan didn't include Shaw
>>
So these colonists apparently surveyed the region of space before settling on Oregai (or whatever it was called) as having the best chances for the success of their colony, and set out there.

But the Engineer homeworld is apparently in the same region of space and even closer and even better for life and somehow it didn't come up in their scans? What?
>>
>>83269896
>Great movie
>>
>>83270095
I'm sure that was a plot thread they were going to follow only to eventually dropped it.
>>
>>83269970
It was a great movie, fuck off
>>
>>83270442
Get off this board shit eater
>>
>>83270095
Did you not see the storm that was constantly surrounding the planet? That fucked with their scans.
>>
>>83270095
That's the least of this movie's problems desu
>>
>>83270491
Why don't you? RLMdrone?
>>
>>83270595
>Something that's shit gets called shit
>Y-you're just a Red Letter Media drone!

every time

get better taste in movies. I bet you liked Guardians 2 as well
>>
I've come to the conclusion that anyone calling this or Prometeus bad movies have attention deficit disorder.
>>
>>83270500
According to you, what's its biggest problem?
>>
>>83270686
I've come to the conclusion that you're probably just a retard
>>
>>83270713
David's vague motivation
>>
>>83270713
Ruining the backstory of everything

More LOL NO HELMETS
>>
>>83270744
Vague? I thought it was pretty clear, the guy even said it out loud, humans do not deserve their creations, that was his motivation for fucking up with the colonists. He wanted to create his own perfect organic life form, that was his motivation for breeding more Xenomorphs.

>>83270816
Ruining the backstory of what exactly? The first alien did not have a backstory to ruin, it was a blank slate at that point. They scanned the planet up close, their current tech could most likely tell what the atmosphere is like.
>>
When will that old fuck give us the director's cut for Prometheus
>>
>>83270062
Great ideas with plotholes
>>
>>83270989
>the first Alien did not have a backstory to ruin

Exactly. Maybe if you weren't a braindead lowest common denominator normie, you'd understand that things in horror are scarier and more interesting when left unexplained. The point of the first movie was all this strange and alien stuff happening to people in space, and now all that mystery is ruined with all these terrible explanations.

I refuse to accept this movie as canon because why even have Giger influences if the Space Jockey ends up just being a blue man in a suit
>>
>>83269828
But flutes don't have buttons
>>
>>83271106
That's your opinion. I personally don't see Prometeus/Covenant ruining anything from the original 2. You don't need to watch one to understand the other.
>>
>haha dude remember classical literature and boring instruments? Lol
>>
>>83271252
Then you're too simple to see what made Alien so good in the first place
>>
>>83268840
I thought Shaw went to the planet with him to kill the Space Jocks, she was in on it and willing to do so given what happened in Promethius.

I think it more likely that he wanted to take the ship to earth to do the same thing to humans, and she realized and they fought causing the ship to crash.
>>
Alien Covenant made me realize that Chaotic Neutral is probably the worst thing a character could ever be
>>
>>83270999
fucking this.
>>
>>83270989
>He wanted to create his own perfect organic life form

oh..... why?
>>
>>83270077
It is not the homeworld infact the ones he killed were another subspecies of the true engineers
>>
>>83271548

Shaw's last line in Prometheus is about how she's going to "keep searching" for the answers to her questions - why did they make us and why do they want to destroy us. I don't see how carpet bombing them is going to answer either of those.
>>
>>83268819
the script said to
>>
>>83270062
see: Howard the Duck
>>
So how are xenomorphs in any way shape or form the perfect organism?
>>
>>83271581
Who was Chaotic Neutral? David was either Neutral Evil or Chaotic Evil but he wasn't Chaotic Neutral.
>>
>>83268819
Spoiler that shit you fucking loser
>>
>>83272797
David was definitely chaotic evil.
>>
>>83270660
>not liking fun
nigga FOH
>>
>>83271696
>why would somebody want to create life?

are you retarded?
>>
>15 different types of xenomorph between Prometheus and Covenant
>no explanation for why they're so radically different

We're talking the difference between massive fucking tentacle squid-monsters, literal zombies, eyeless white xenomorphs, and classic xenomorphs here. Don't tell me that it was just David experimenting with DNA.
>>
File: 1363994123691.jpg (55KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1363994123691.jpg
55KB, 566x480px
>>83273431
>somebody
>a computer programmed to perform certain functions and behave vaguely human-like with no biological imperative
>>
>>83273927
He was the first of its kind and was designed with the intention of having him create things, like music. Given the nature of the events on Prometheus and Weyland's worldviews, it isn't a huge leap of faith to assume David had a special interest in life and creation. They changed this with Walter's model.

This is literally addressed directly in the film, fuck off
>>
>>83273075
no he was not, he was lawful evil, you just didn't understand him
>>
Shaw most likely crashed the ship in her final moments, knowing that David would likely do what he could to travel to earth and wipe out life there next.

There's a slight chance David An Hero'd the ship after A) discovering Shaw dead in stasis or B) having an altercation with her that resulted in her (perceived) death on board after he tells her the truth he learns about the engineers

it will almost definitely be revealed that he started experimenting on her corpse rather than used her as a living specimen
>>
>>83268819
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY THIS MAN SEXUALLY AROUSED SO MUCH
>>
Reposting from other thread. Genuinely curious if anyone has legit answers to these plot holes

Why didn't David have a mark in his neck where he was stabbed by the girls nail necklace? How did it heal?
Why was the crew made up of couples, causing emotional mistakes to be more likely? It's not like they needed the crew for repopulation, there were thousands of others.
Why did the woman from Prometheus put David back together in the first place, she knew he was not trustworthy? In fact she only took him along because as a mere head he was no threat.
Why didn't they wear gas masks on the planet, as they at least did in Prometheus? And why didn't they have an emergency protocol for someone getting suddenly sick on an alien planet?
Why didn't they wait for the storm to pass before landing first, what was the hurry?
How did David get alien embryos? We've never seen face hugger embryos before, and what is the function of the eggs if all that is needed is an embryo?
Where did all the aliens that came out of the Engineers go (after the virus was deposited)? I thought aliens didn't starve?
>>
>>83274665
he's hotter in Prometheus
he's gonna looks so busted by the time the last movie comes out
>>
>>83274737
>Why did the woman from Prometheus put David back together
She's a dumb forgiving christfag but also logistically she couldn't pilot the ship on her own, couldn't communicate with the engineers w/o david and couldn't physically get herself in and out of cryo to make the journey to their home world. she could give david a shot and risk dying that way or have a 100% chance of dying there without him. i don't think she suspected he'd try and wipe out an entire race.
>>
>>83274851
Yeah that makes sense mostly, one less thing I'm confused about.
>>
>>83274761
Looks wise I prefer him with the blonde hair, but I found his personality more attractive in Covenant. He was vaguely Hannibal Lecter-ish and the rapey scenes where a huge turn on.
>>
>Find new planet that you had no idea about before
>Decide to fly THROUGH A STORM, land in the mountains and IN WATER
>Pop open the door
>Walk outside without wearing a sealed suit and helmet
>Rampage through the planet, stepping on shit and touching shit and generally being retarded
>Not immediately quarantining ANYONE that comes into contact with unknown alien pathogens
>Not scrubbing yourself before coming back on board your ship

The amount of stupid shit the characters did was absolutely disgusting. Every couple of minutes they did something so stupid not even a normal person would think about doing it, let alone people who are apparently supposed to be fucking scientists and explorers and shit.

Terrible movie.
>>
none of these rookie mistakes are forgivable but they get done in EVERY alien film.

at least the covenant crew has an excuse (they're blue collars driving a big space bus) and in the original script/book walter tests the atmosphere for pathogens and shit before saying it's safe for the crew to venture out without their suits.

everyone in Prometheus was supposed to be a hyper intelligent scientist.
>>
Why did Shaw set up a beacon humming that awful song?

For what purpose?
>>
>>83276098
She didn't. David almost definitely broadcasted it to lure other lifeforms/ships in for more test subjects/escape purposes.

He probably watched it on loop as a homage to her like his obsessive Lawrence of Arabia shit too.
>>
>>83276188
Why was she humming it in the first place? Where? When? She was in fucking cryo until he started experimenting on her
>>
>>83276225
None of that is confirmed based on what we know.

It's definitely a sad reprise. She sounds like she's singing herself out and comforting herself. The lyrics suggest she expects to die soon for whatever reason. It is probably after being awoken from cryo since she is shown asking hopeful questions just before david puts her to sleep and her demeanor while she sings is a total tonal reversal.

She might be sick, planning suicide or anticipating David killing her.
>>
>>83276447
Coulda just been a random recording of her singing sometime during the journey before cryo I guess. Seems like less of a dramatic narrative choice though.
>>
>>83268915
Was crashing the ship a part of his plans?
>>
Is everyone hipped about Prometheus 3 or Alien Covenant 2 where more mystery will be created rather than previous questions answered ?
>>
>>83277037
old man scott will never follow through with any promise ever. he says he's going to make that movie now but it'll likely be something totally different/something we didn't ask for once it gets into production.
>>
>>83270062
Just turn your brain off :^)
>>
>>83270595
RLM didn't hate it, but their criticisms were valid
>>
>>83277207
Cameron should have made a movie! At least it would be fresh with some new ideas.
>>
>>83272797
Was walter chaotic good.
>>
>>83277952
lawful (his actions are literally prioritized and dictated by logical function) good (altruistic)

David is chaotic evil because he is a malfunctioning overemotional prototype with daddy issues trying to fill the void within himself with meaning through violence.
>>
File: alien-tn2_aliens_4.jpg (24KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
alien-tn2_aliens_4.jpg
24KB, 480x316px
>>83277305

Daily reminder that Fox turned down an Alien sequel that was written by James Cameron and to be directed by Ridley Scott in favour of AvP. The script was written and everything.

NEVAR FORGET
>>
>>83277288

I actually agree with RLM on this one and thought their review was pretty fair.

AC had the same frustrating issues as Prometheus. Like really, really good parts fused with really, really bad parts.
>>
>>83270095
the engineer planet is about 7 years away from orgae 6 you bastard, didnt you watch the movie???
>>
>>83270686
This.

It's like people have expected some star wars shit, and when they got something different they are all losing their shit.

I'm not saying these movies are without flaws, but majority of criticism is just idiotic whining.

>waaah why doesn't xeno look EXACTLY same as in the original movie?
>waaah why aren't engineers super advanced race with death stars and shit?
>waaah why did the characters did this and this, instead doing other things?
>MUH MASKS!
>>
>>83282058

Are you retarded? Serious question.

Because nobody is crying about this shit.

What people are complaining about is horrendous script that makes no fucking sense and every character needing to have sub 80 iq for the plot to work.
>>
>>83282263
This is literally all over the youtube.
>>
The engineers probably managed to shoot down the ship when it started dropping goo.

The song was her keeping herself sane and thematically she was going to the engineer home world or believed she was anyways.
>>
>>83282058

I disagree. People were pissed off because Alien was a solid, well grounded series, and Prometheus and this took it into nonsensical fantasy realms.

People wanted realistic space horror but instead got R-rated Star Trek.
>>
>land on alien planets
>lol lets take off our helmets for no apparent reason guys
>have the entire plot evolve from this retardation
>>
>>83282426
>Alien was a solid, well grounded series

you mean the one good movie, one mediocre movie, and two garbage movies?
>>
>>83282518

No I mean the two great movies, the one good movie and the bonus fanfic movie.
>>
>>83282548
I like this description quite a lot.
>>
>>83282548
Just admit it, you're mad because Scott crushed your nerdy headcanons.
You can shit on script as much as you want, but majority of complaints I have heard was people having their expectations not met. Funny thing is, people don't actually now what they expect.

>Prometheus
>people whine it doesn't have any xenomorphs, and it's not "true" alien movie
>A:C
>people whine engineers have very little screen time and they're not explained

This is prequels all over again.
>>
>>83272791
They are able to survive in many ways. Also, they don't risk their own survival like humans do. In Covenant this particular trait of being rational but not putting their existence at sake is more apparent, specially comparing it to other organisms that appear. They're basically perfect animals that lack the "flaws" of humanity.
>>
>>83282742

I didn't have any expectations other than good films.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the films, I just don't like the path they've went down. I enjoyed AC far more than Prometheus and that was nothing to do with xenomorphs. I've said it on here before that I'd actually have preferred it if the xenomorphs never even appeared in the prequels at all.

The things people nitpick about in the prequels is justified. There was nowhere near that amount of issues for the original Alien films. It shows a lack of attention to detail and that matters more than what most people think.
>>
>>83272791
They're not perfect.
David went insane, modified black goo mutants and called himself a god.
>>
>>83282957
Well, I like the path they took, and don't mind small details not making sense.

My mains issues with this movie were

>everything rushed
>all characters act like they didn't just discover an ancient civilization of space scientist (I guess there wasn't a time for dialogues)
>action scenes were chaotic
>sound during action scenes was an ear rape
>Plot-critical moments like Shawn repairing David, or Juggernaut crashing were not in the movie (this doesn't really bother me, but I don't understand why it was cut out)
>the storyline of Oram was interesting in start but completely dropped and forgotten during the movie
>Engineers are almost non-existent, although entire Prometheus is set-up for them
>Therefore, questions from Prometheus are still not answered

I have a bad feeling that the next movies will completely ignore Engineers.
>>
>>83283202

I have the same issues with it. AC tried to do two movies worth of story telling in one film.

They should have completely cut the xenomorph scenes from end and saved all that until the next film. This would have gave time to develop and get to know the characters and go deeper into David's plot.

Also the neomorphs totally took the limelight away from the xenomorphs earlier in the film anyway. They were far more brutal.
>>
>>83283312
That's exactly what they should do, but after Prometheus people complained about lack of xenos. So they put three xenos in one movie just to please the fans. At least that's what I think.
>>
>>83270077
If there was only one medium-sized city there, it couldn't possibly be the homeworld.
>>
File: twittermoot.jpg (97KB, 726x713px) Image search: [Google]
twittermoot.jpg
97KB, 726x713px
>>83283380
>At least that's what I think.

You're correct. Ridley said in interviews that the he read the social media chatter about Prometheus and came to the conclusion everyone was upset about the lack of xenomorphs in it. So he brought 'the big guy' back.

Yet more reason why Twitter and Facebook were a mistake.
>>
>>83270095
A deeply forested world would have lots of clouds and rain, but it would also have sun. How could that world have lots of green without at least 1/3 sunny days, which would have allowed for scans?
>>
>>83270723
SAVAGE
>>
>>83271106
Thank you. When the giant chest-bursted "jockey" was a poor sap of a race with a giant ship that stumbled across some aliens, it was horrific.

- They're huge, what in god's name could kill them?
- That ship was huge and organic and apparently even more advanced, again, what could kill the entire crew?
- How awful is it "out there"? Is the universe congested with this crap?
- Were they plaguing thousands of other species across the galaxy? Across the universe?
- Were they engineered with these properties? Were they evolved?

All gone. All gone. It's a tiny, localized phenomenon that isn't a billion years old, a doomsday machine writ large.
>>
>>83284050

Apparently this means that you're just upset your 'headcanon' is destroyed and that you're not intelligent enough to understand Prometheus.

That's the jist of most arguements in these threads.
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1000x1466px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1000x1466px
>>83268819
TELL ME ABOUT THE JOCKEYS!
WHY DO THEY WEAR THE MASK?!
>>
>>83278200
rip Lady Gaga
>>
File: file.png (619KB, 947x510px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
619KB, 947x510px
It looks like Deacon was just created to signal the fans that this is really the Alien franchise by showing that the black goo can create Xenomorph-like creature. That wasn't a major plot element at all for the creation of Xenomorphs.
>>
>>83284717

It's like the black goo always strifes to create this creature eventually.

The perfect organism.
>>
>>83284199
It's what it was destroyed with, having aliens produced purely by goo then inserting an egg stage is going backwards, not forwards, and is silly.

They already had "eggs" that lasted forever, the canisters, which already released goo ("sweated") when life wandered nearby. And they already had goo eggs generated somehow (the spore pods, which probably came out of infected animals.)

David's own engineering is going backwards to a less perfect organism.
>>
>>83284050
>I'm angry because the prequel doesn't take in account my interpretations of the original movie

wew
>>
>>83285848
My declaration that it is inherently silly.
>>
>>83285297

this
>>
>>83270816
Apparently, in the novelization, he used fossilized xeno eggs to engineer his new ones or some shit. And the movie in no way overtly stated that david made the very first xeno. So how did it ruin the backstory?

Hell, AVP could have still happened. Not that anyone wants that, but you get my point.

Basically, the ship with the eggs in alien was probably there for several millenia, with everyone being unaware, until they stumbled upon the signal in alien.

I'll give you that watching the originals and then the prequels confuses all this so far. But just wait for the covenant sequel, or two, that explain it all away.
>>
>>83270095

David already explained this. The Engineers kept the planet hidden
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.