[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do I finish this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: GetOut.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GetOut.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Halfway through Get Out.
So far all I see is a young black guy who seems to think that if other black people don't fist-bump and exhibit other behaviours he seems to believe are "black" there's something wrong with them.

I get that it's a horror and there WILL be something wrong with them and probably everyone but him, but this reminds me of old horror films like The Exorcist, The Omen, and Rosemary's Baby.
If you were Catholic, those films were a lot more effect and scary, if not you had to find a way in.

Get Out is an American film with American characters, but I'm Canadian. Not a single black person I know acts like stereotypical American blacks (fistbumps, "brother", all the rest).
Chris just seems young and unsophisticated.
I keep wondering, if the writer and director had travelled a little would this film be more interesting?

Or maybe it becomes really interesting in the second half and defies what I think I've seen so far?
>>
Fuck drumpf and fuck white people
>>
File: pepeteethwgfg.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
pepeteethwgfg.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>it's a "/tv/ pretends to be a racist /pol/ster in order to distract from and defend radical leftists" episode
>>
>>83268332

If you have to pause a movie and ask a bunch of strangers if you should continue, you should do the world a favor and hang yourself in public.
>>
>>83268332
It's a pretty good movie, but the main actor kept making the most retarded faces in every scene. It was annoying as fuck
>>
>>83268394
Good advice
>>
File: afuckingleaf.png (165KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
afuckingleaf.png
165KB, 508x508px
>>83268394
I was watching it whilst in the bath, friendo.
I then retired to my bed, with your mother, and wondered if I should continue, as I was getting very little from it.
The film, I mean.
I always get a lot from your mother.
>>
>>83268332
dont finish it, its an awful movie with the ultimate lesson being "dont fetishize black people"
>>
>>83269521
>with the ultimate lesson being "dont fetishize black people"
Whats wrong with that?
>>
>>83268375
>It's a "frogposter engages in mental gymnastics while assuming the motives of OP" epsiode
>>
>>83268332
im 45 minutes into this movie right now, and its boring as shit. literallt the fist bump moment happened as I typed this. I am quite drunk watching this shit, and I dont know hat is even happening.

oh shit, its the stapler guy. okay, bout ton get better. and he is blind.
>>
>>83269832
Yeah that part does drag on a bit, but its worth watching until the end
>>
>>83268332
try to remember who the director is.
Once you do you'll take this a lot less seriously
>>
>>83269587
literally nothing
Frankly the kind of attitude towards liberals this film has has been parroted on leftist /tv/ threads for years now but since its a popular movie /tv/ went full /pol/ on it
>>
>>83268332
If you legitimately have no idea what is going to happen, then you should consider yourself lucky. By not continuing the movie, you'd be doing a disservice to those who had the movie completely ruined for them because the trailer spoiled everything, leaving only the stupid bitch who can't act for shit.
>>
>>83268332
Part of what this movie is referencing IS that sort of black paranoia when in a foreign situation though. Being surrounded by unfamiliar white people or seeing a black person behave "wrongly" is alarming and unnerving to a lot of black people.
I really liked the off-putting scenes with the "help" and the riverboat looking guy; the fixed eye contact and upright posture and clipped dialect are all bizarre in response to a normal guy speaking casually, even moreso for a black guy to the only other black guy around. It's an exaggeration of a feeling that does exist. t. halfie
>>
>>83271256
now, this would be interesting.
so far the lead guy just seems so smug that it's hard to imagine the writer/director (>>83270980 don't know who he is) intending anything other than this lead guy being right about everything.
I hope I'm surprised.
>>
Activate it
>>
>>83271256
except it would have been bizarre if a white person had acted like that. The servants were totally inhuman. And why the fuck would the grandparents willingly live as these servants in their own home?

I'm not OP but I just finished it and wow was that overrated. It also wasn't even remotely scary.
>>
>>83272835
They don't actually perform the tasks that servants would, it's just for show dumbo.
>>
>>83268992

HOLY SHIT

BTFO

HAHAHAHAHA HOW WILL 83268394 EVER RECOVER????
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.