[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got around to watching this finally... Why does this place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 10 cloverfield lane.jpg (80KB, 675x999px) Image search: [Google]
10 cloverfield lane.jpg
80KB, 675x999px
Just got around to watching this finally... Why does this place hate it so much? I mean the aliums are pretty generic and there's some tropes but it's a generally fun and fairly unique flick. It's a 8/10 flick on the Dragerhousen Flick scale.
>>
>>83255787
I agree OP
>>
>>83256070
Glad someone does. I'm surprised this thread about a shitty "old" movie that everyone here hates hasn't gotten bombarded with shitposting.
>>
If it had ended when she saw the alien rushing through the cornfield, it would have been perfect. Fight with the alien (or getting to see it period) was shit.
>>
My favorite movie of 2016. Sue me.
>>
>>83256424
Yeah but then normies would complain about
>all that build up and not enough ayyy lmaos
>>
It was a perfectly good movie until the alien bullshit

Would have been just fine if it ended with her driving off into the distance. I would have even accepted her dying from some gas poisoning because the air really was toxic. But instead they decided to make it into a completely different movie in the last fifteen minutes. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>83255787
it's fuckin retarded and the characters make the dumbest decisions over and over until it gets to the completely stupid ending with a girl killing a warship with a molotov and surviving being in a car that drops 10 stories
>>
>>83256625
>trip fag
>is retarded
Give us just five stupid things that the characters did that a normal person wouldn't do in the context of the movie. Also the killing a warship with a molotov wan't that stupid. First off it's a living organism of some sort and second the gas/chemical agent clearly is stored in the thing itself. Imagine what would happen if you threw a flaming bottle of alcohol into a bucket full of flammable liquid or container of flammable gas.
>>
>>83256748
don't try to kill or piss off the semi crazy guy supplying you with food and shelter, especially when you have a broken leg. this happens continuously throughout the movie so it counts as at least 10

unless you have a plan to overpower him completely, don't just hit him with a bottle

don't tell john goodman that the other guy was fucking around with stuff, since he clearly loves you and is just waiting for an excuse to get rid of the other guy

Don't be retard that thinks you can make a hazmat suit out of a coke bottle and shower curtains

don't attract the aliens by being a noisy retard

plus another 10 stupid points for the entire ending

you're score ain't looking pretty anon
>>
File: 1492290052770.jpg (27KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1492290052770.jpg
27KB, 306x306px
>>83257425
nice points of contention, anon
hard hitting criticisms
really made me think
>>
>>83257425
>don't try to kill or piss off the semi crazy guy supplying you with food and shelter, especially when you have a broken leg. this happens continuously throughout the movie so it counts as at least 10
>unless you have a plan to overpower him completely, don't just hit him with a bottle
>don't tell john goodman that the other guy was fucking around with stuff, since he clearly loves you and is just waiting for an excuse to get rid of the other guy
>Don't be retard that thinks you can make a hazmat suit out of a coke bottle and shower curtains
>don't attract the aliens by being a noisy retard
>plus another 10 stupid points for the entire ending
>you're score ain't looking pretty anon
Half of that shit makes me think you might be literally autistic. Is the ball still in the basket?
>>
>>83257587
>>83257631
hi dan
>>
File: disheveled-man.jpg (177KB, 1300x863px) Image search: [Google]
disheveled-man.jpg
177KB, 1300x863px
>>83257647
>it's a tripfag is both autistic AND shizo episode
>>
>name the movie Cloverfield
>has nothing to do with Cloverfield

Having the title "Cloverfield" then slowly fade in "10" and "lane" was some pretty jew marketing.
>>
>>83257767
lel
>>
>>83255787
If it had stayed Valencia/The Cellar, it's an 8/10 movie. With the Cloverfield shit shoehorned in, it's a 4/10. Literally should have ended the second Mew made it above ground.
>>
>>83258244
>he actually enjoyed the shitty
>le crazy serial killer guy
>>
>>83255787
It's perfectly fine except for the absolute rape of the ending by the mendacious cocksucking Jew Abrams.
>>
>>83258572
The ambiguity of his mental state is the entire theme/point of the movie. The ending ruins it via clarification.
>>
>>83258854
The ending ruins it by being a soulless, baffling injection of JJ's toxic fiction into a movie that has nothing to do with aliens, monsters or any of that horseshit.

Even if the rationale was; This movie has no funding, I will fund it, but you need to put my Cloverfield shit in it. It's at best mendacious. But afaik that film had no funding problems and these changes were mandated by JJ since he was top producer.

>The film was developed from a script titled The Cellar, but under production by Bad Robot, it was turned into a spiritual successor of the 2008 film Cloverfield.

If I was a writer/director on this I'd probably have vomited blood.
>>
File: jj abrams.jpg (60KB, 720x490px) Image search: [Google]
jj abrams.jpg
60KB, 720x490px
>>83259069
>During production, the filmmakers noticed core similarities to Cloverfield,[18] and decided to make the picture what Abrams calls "a blood relative" or "spiritual successor" of that film.[19][20] "The spirit of it, the genre of it, the heart of it, the fear factor, the comedy factor, the weirdness factor, there were so many elements that felt like the DNA of this story were of the same place that Cloverfield was born out of," said Abrams. In other interviews he explained: "Those characters and that monster [from Cloverfield] are not in this movie, but there are other characters and other monsters,"[20] and "This movie is very purposefully not called Cloverfield 2, because it's not Cloverfield 2, [...] So if you're approaching it as a literal sequel, you'll be surprised to see what this movie is. But while it's not what you might expect from a movie that has the name Cloverfield in it, I think you'll find that you'll understand the connection when you see the whole thing."[21][22][23] Winstead and Gallagher mentioned that during production they were aware that the film had thematic similarities to Cloverfield, but did not learn that there would be an official connection until they were informed of the chosen title, only a few days before the release of the trailer.[24] Abrams came up with the title after finishing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.[25][26]

It's like he deliberately stole the movie.
>>
>>83259207
it was just a piece of shit script called the Cellar
>>
>>83257660
projection much
>>
>>83255787
Howard was great and the parts in the bunker were tense. It's just the last 15 or so minutes were unbelievably shitty and ruined the movie.
>>
>>83259544
>10 Cloverfield Lane originated from an "ultra low budget" spec script penned by Josh Campbell and Matt Stuecken, titled The Cellar.[9][10] The Tracking Board included the script in "The Hit List" of 2012[10] – an annually published list of spec scripts written within the year that have impressed its voting members.[11]
You have to go back JJ
>>
>>83259574
>projection
I'm neither a tripfag nor mentally ill.
>>
>At what point did you decide on keeping the plot a secret and how is the film any relation to Cloverfield?

>Josh Campbell: We wrote an original screenplay, and it wasn’t meant to be a sequel. ‘Cloverfield’ wasn’t in our minds when we wrote it. During the development process, the idea came up that it could be in the Clover-verse. Honestly, when we first started thinking about it, we were a bit surprised. But the more you think about, and as people start to see the movie, it will make a lot of sense, in terms of the tone and turns and twists, as well as the thriller aspect. So, we got really excited, because we knew it was the right choice to make.

I'm not sure if they are just covering their asses or they actively colluded in this bullshit. Either way anyone who supported this should be shot.

Can't wait for that God Particle movie to come out. You know that's gonna suck. No trailers and it's supposed to be released this year? kek.
>>
File: meontheright-1.jpg (3MB, 1351x3701px) Image search: [Google]
meontheright-1.jpg
3MB, 1351x3701px
>>83255787
Kek >>83256070
This place has shit taste and loves this pointless B movie. The film is LITERALLY trash. Mewfags are cancer she can't emote
>>
>>83259807
I'm not defending JJ I hated the movie
>>83259807
you are mentally ill, sorry
>>
>>83259898
Nice image macro; I'll be sure to ignore all your opinions since they are the real trash.
>>
>>83255787
>Why does this place hate it so much?
Does it? I thought it was pretty much universally loved with the exception of the final 10 minutes (only because a single, unarmed human taking down an alien ship is retarded).
>>
>>83260013
Says the guy who thinks 10 cloverpleb lane is one of the best movies of its year KEK
>>
>>83259207
>The spirit of it, the genre of it, the heart of it, the fear factor, the comedy factor, the weirdness factor, there were so many elements that felt like the DNA of this story were of the same place that Cloverfield was born out of

i liked 10CL, even the ending because i just rolled with it, but the above is horseshit. the only part that actually resembles the original cloverfield is the ending, which is tacked-on and feels like a completely different movie. i didn't really care because i like alien fiction, and i can view everything up until the ending as its own separate entity. but to say the last 10% of the movie is thematically in line with the previous 90%, you'd have to be tone-deaf
>>
>>83260605
Nah it sucks but you just lumped a bunch of arguably good movies in with capeshit so I know you're just a hopeless contrarian who hates anything popular. You cannot be trusted because your views are reflexive, not grounded in any philosophy or worldview.

>>83261100
I agree, they (writers/director/producers) all parrot the same line about how they have so much in common. I DO NOT see this at all. They only have so much in common as any comedy/drama movie does.

In anything, The Cellar (10CL - Cloverfield) feels and LOOKS a lot like Split.
>>
>>83256424
actually i disagree. if you want the movie to be more like The Cellar, you have to completely remove the aliens entirely, and have the ending cut very quickly after she emerges above ground, so that it's ambiguous. the audience should be left to ponder the heroine's fate, good or bad. if you reveal what exactly it was that caused them to hide underground, it cheapens everything that came before it. the whole movie, you're left in the dark about what is going on on the surface. in fact, there might not be anything at all. howard could have been lying the whole time, and everything could have been fine. or maybe not, and her hollywood-tailored hazmat suit wouldn't even work.

at the end, the truth should not be revealed because the movie really wasn't about what happened above ground, it's what happened in the underground shelter. so whether it's aliens, or nuclear holocaust, or poison gas, it's not important. howard died and michelle escaped, so there is justice and closure, which is really all you need, or at least what mainstream audiences need

of course, there was that woman in the middle of the movie who came to the door and started bashing her head against it, if i remember correctly. that leads people to believe something weird is going on above ground. but i think that was also jj's influence, so in the context of The Cellar, it can probably be ignored. it's not even resolved at the end, it's probably more of a shoehorn than the ending, even though nobody seems to mind it
>>
>>83255787
I thought the ending was a bit tacked on, but otherwise it is a great movie.
>>
>>83261931
>muh bad ending
Can you fags stop this? The ending was PURE kino
>>
>>83262317
No it wasn't, Even if you wanted to do Aliens and not keep it ambiguous, it could have been done much better.
>>
File: mew.jpg (42KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
mew.jpg
42KB, 1000x690px
>>83255787
It's a feminist story. Feminism before 3rd wave I believe.

Goodman is the great patriarch that has built a structure/system/society (the bunker) in which women can be safe, but with little to no freedom. At first it's ok, because the outside world will kill you for sure.

But then the girl discovers that following the rules will result in her demise anyway so she decides it's preferable to fight back and face what's outside. She has an ally. A natural ally. An uneducated guy who helped Goodman to built the place. He didn't know better because he didn't go to college to get indoctrinated, so he also counts as a "victim of the patriarchy."

The girl finally escapes to meet a full-scale alien invasion. What the fuck. She liberated herself only to face a greater threat? What does represent this shitty cgi thing?

Since we're dealing with libtard SJW Hollywood, it has to be the menace of a Trump presidency, right?

I have another take. I think this could be more redpilled than you think. The monsters she's going to fight from now on represent something way worse than any libtard projection. An outside threat... ISLAM. That's why I think this movie isn't 3rd wave lunacy. Islam and feminazis go along pretty damn well, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead is ready to kick the shit out of them both.

7/10
>>
Are there any films or series showing prepper like bunkers (in a positive light)?
I'd love to see a zombie movie or something ending on an uplifting note - building up a bunker/a new home, crafting, creating a new society, farming crops and so on. At least I think so...
Even better if it wasn't just in the end. I'd really like a comfy prepper/survival film. The prison in the Walking Dead comics comes to mind.
>>
>>83262936
Its not a bunker but "Alone in the wilderness" is close.

50 year old guy builds a cabin in the Alaskan woods with hand tools and hunts, grows some crops and has his buddy drop off navy beans and lives for 30 years out in the wilderness.
>>
>>83262443
wow anon great analysis rly made me think
>>
>>83262998
Thank you for the recommendation.

I wasn't looking for a documentary, but I'll keep it in mind nonetheless. To be more precise: I want something that appeals to our most basic instincts: really feeling sheltered and prepared for anything. Ideally there'd be some outside threat (like zombies) and of course there has to be major conflict but I'd like it to be resolved without utter destruction of everything the characters built.
>>
>>83263045
Ok, anon. I know the "subtext" here isn't subtle at all. Pretty straightforward. Yet no one mentions it. Ever. The discussion is always about the ending. There's footage before too, you know.
>>
>>83262443
What is the evidence?
It's a genuinely interesting interpretation and definitely a valid reading of the story.

You could take even more of the red pills and conclude that women need a supporting patriarchy if they don't want to live in chaos.
While it's not the most optimal arrangement, the male provides comfort and a struggle-free life if you submit.
>>
Is the monster from the first film going to make a come back?
>>
>>83255787
should have ended as soon as she got outside
>>
>>83263854
>You could take even more of the red pills and conclude that women need a supporting patriarchy if they don't want to live in chaos.
Islam is anti-degeneracy. Islam supports all of these values. Explain to me why Islam would be the enemy
>>
>>83264029
I never said anything about Islam, I also do not agree with the poster I replied to, by the way.

My comment spun off from his redpill idea but it's an alternate take excluding Islam.
>>
>>83263854
DESU I don't remember a specific "smoking gun" or something. I would have to rewatch it to capture every hint or piece of dialogue that led me to these conclusions. But I'm sure it's there.

I don't think this story has to be fully redpilled. It still is a feminist movie and it's better that way. Feminist myths like "muh patriarchy" make for good fiction. Just look at Mad Max FR. And overall, esoteric crap and bullshit metaphysics in general make for good fiction. Think of "the force" in Star Wars.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.