[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: the moment you know you are dead.jpg (34KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
the moment you know you are dead.jpg
34KB, 1280x1024px
*blocks your path*
>>
*pumped up kicks starts playing*
>>
File: star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-movie.jpg (418KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-obi-wan-kenobi-movie.jpg
418KB, 1200x600px
>>83250687
>cripple thinks he's threatening
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
Why does Vader carry a sabre anyway?

The Jedi are gone.

Vader can deflect shots fired at him with his hand apparently.

He's boarding a diplomatic vessel and he sent in the troopers to do the dirty work in case there was a struggle.

I can understand him picking it up from his bedroom in the Death Star because he sensed Kenobi nearby and he sensed the force within Luke during the Death Star trench run, so he knew he had to keep it nearby after.

Why did he bring his Lightsaber onto the diplomat ship in Rogue One/ANH?
>>
>>83251113
I'm sure he has it stored in a compartment in his suit or something, it's not like it's even heavy, why not carry it
>>
>>83250954
>All the other Rebels with their pumped up kicks, better run better run, out run my lightsaber
>>
>>83250687
Oh look, it's the most unnecessary, useless fan service scene in any Star Wars movie ever, where every manchild, real child and normalfag simultaneously autistically cheered like the fags they are.
>>
>>83251113
He needs the suit to survive. Even if it can deflect shots it's better not to take risks and use a lightsaber
>>
>>83251113
Probably to scare people. I imagine Vader was like a legend or myth to the rebels before ANH, like they had heard he had hunted down the jedi but didn't really believe it. Imagine how scary it would be to see the villain from the scariest story you'd ever been told standing at the end of a dark hallway, illuminated only by the weapon which had killed hundreds of people.
>>
>>83250687
Why would I be afraid of a guy who can't lift his arms above his head?
>>
>>83251190
What is Han Solo in 7
>>
>>83250687
turns into a woman and gain mary sue powers
>how can vader compete
>>
>>83251190
>the best scene in the entire star wars saga is unnecessary fan service
>>
>>83251371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8wLBOlCKPU
This is the best scene though
>>
>>83251371
>Vader boarding a ship when he didn't have to and fails to get the plans which makes no sense just to justify a "ERMAHGERD VADARGH IS SUU KEWL" moment so normalfags like you can jerk off to its imagery isn't fanservice
It broke the pacing, sorry. It was completely unnecessary and you can't see that because of your fanboyism.
>>
>>83250687
I'll try spinning, that's a good trick
>>
>>83250687
>*blocks your path*

:puts on feminist plot armor:

:kills vader without trying:

> I have no idea how I did that! tee hee!
>>
>>83251161
>>83251220
Well considering the prequels are cannon, a lightsaber is known in The Phantom Menace as a laser sword used only by Jedi. Even a slave kid from the outer rim knew this somehow, and others knew of the existence of the Jedi. In a later movie, it's made clear that the Jedi are enemies of the republic. It would follow that anyone seen to be on possession of a laser sword is an enemy of the empire. Since the Jedi were extinguished, it would be unwise to keep this "relic" around you. But since Vader was an extremely powerful Jedi, he only really needed his lightsaber to fight off other Jedi. Anything else can be taken care of his force sensitive premonitions to avoid conflict/fire ahead of time. But it's shown in Empire that he can negate multiple shots at him with the force just by raising his hand.

It would only be a bad thing to keep it around if all of the Jedi are gone unless you wanted to be associated with those who "defied the government".
>>
>>83251402
The fight was good, but it was undermined by the dumb reason Lucas segwayed in.
>got 2 save muh wife by switchin to the dark side and force choking her
>>83251438
>didn't have to
nigga did you even watch the movie. The death star plans were key to the Empire keeping its hold over the galaxy. There wouldn't have even been a war if they failed in stealing the plans.
>>
>>83250687
why didnt they just blow the ship up if the plans were on it
>>
>>83251113
it's a ceremonial thing

like the swiss guard
>>
>>83251542
He did know Obi-Wan was still alive though, didn't he? Maybe he kept it around just in case he ran into him.
>>
>>83250687
It's over Vader I have the high ground.
>>
>>83251538
>:puts on feminist plot armor:

:learns to wield lightsaber over lunch break while eating a McChicken:

> this force stuff is so easy! tee hee!
>>
>>83251602
Maybe, maybe not. Obiwan was not very young in this movie. He could have assumed he passed away. Vader was getting up there in age himself, probably 50+?

Also consider that Obiwan could not just go anywhere to get medical attention. If he was branded an enemy of the galactic empire, he would give away his location if he had gone to any reputable hospital that MIGHT share records with the empire.
>>
tfw right when you think the movie is going to end vader shows up
>>
>>83251371
>the best scene in the entire star wars saga

I mean, it's not the pure evil /tv/ pretends it is because reddit says it was cool and /tv/ has to be the opposite of that on principle, but it's certainly not in the top ten best scenes in the saga. It's just a dude whaling on some guys in a hallway, it's not even important to the plot or characters or anything.
>>
>>83250687
>you're letting them kill shmi

>save shmi
>>
>>83251975
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
>>
>>83251760
I CLAPPED WHEN VADER SHOWED UP BECAUSE ITS SOMETHING I RECOGNIZE
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.