[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childs is the thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 9

File: Childs.png (308KB, 714x306px) Image search: [Google]
Childs.png
308KB, 714x306px
Childs is the thing
>>
BLACKED
>>
File: IMG_1461.png (384KB, 747x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1461.png
384KB, 747x401px
>>
Can this meme end?
>>
>Most people probably think Child's is the thing for stupid reasons like breath or the "gasoline bottle" theory.
>tfw they're right about Childs despite being retards who can't pay attention to a film.

Also Thing threads are the best Threads.
>>
File: jed.jpg (58KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
jed.jpg
58KB, 768x432px
>>83251399
>Also Thing threads are the best Threads.
Comfy truth.
>>
>>83251399

Too true, the best reason to suspect him is that he ran out into the storm by himself, which is completely against his character from earlier in the movie and also we know that Blair was inside the generator room at the time, meaning he wasn't chasing after him.
>>
>>83252074
I really want a husky doggo.
>>
>>83252289
Exactly. Plus there's a weird shot before we see Childs running outside where the camera pans from the generator room door the the base entrance, and Childs is not present. Seems to imply Blair got him down in the gen room.
>>
>>83252434

Yeah, and Childs is even guarding that door before, by himself, and looks like he's about to fall asleep.
>>
STOP MAKING THESE THREADS BEFORE SOMEONE DECIDES TO A THING FRANCHISE

WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHO THE FUCKING THING WAS RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You fucking half-a-fags are the same reason we got the star wars prequels and the prometheus movies

fuck yourselves
>>
Nah dude had a flamethrower
>>
>>83252679
It was Childs
>>
>>83252679

We know exactly who was and wasn't the thing besides Childs at the end and even then it's easy to make an educated guess if you watch closely.
>>
>>83253139
No it isn't - stahp with this shit meme. There is no way to tell, only bullshit excuses.
>>
>>83251399
This. I wish we could finally disregard those dumbass theories and put them to rest.
>>
>>83252963
Fuck off
>>83253139
No, no you really fucking cant. Even the producers/director/writing don't fucking know when each person got infected and how. That is entirely trivial to the point of the story.

I swear. Faggots like you are the reason Ridley Scott is milking alien right now. Hope you're happy cunt.
>>
>>83250162
I recognize that the 2011 thing was bad, but I liked it, and damnit I want moar
>>
>>83252679
>he never played the video game
MacCreddy was the only survivor, while the thing was rampant in the station. Who the hell do you think the thing was, santa claus???
>>
>>83253305

I said we know who the thing was you fucking moron, not when and how it got them.
>>
>>83253487
A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

I'm convinced this board is a bunch of 13 year olds destined to be perma-virgins.

Jesus christ. A fucking video game that some kike said was canon so you ugly assholes would go out and buy it.
>>
>>83253305
Amen to you, brother.
>>
>>83253706
>being this assblasted
>>
What would happen f the Body Snatchers and The Thing met?
>>
>>83253921
Whoever wins, we loseā„¢
>>
>>83254241
Ok but who would absorb the other? How would that work out?
>>
>>83253706
Relax man. I think is more the fact that Mac is a beloved character so people want to believe he made it. So they cite a "quasi canon" source to support it.
Is just people liking Mac. Relax.
>b-but the point of the movie
I know, and I agree. But relax.
>>
>>83251399
This is what gets me every time someone shows up with the stupid gasoline idea. It's like they heard someone say that Childs was totally the thing and then they tried to find evidence for it in only the last scene instead of actually watching the damn movie. Then people who think Childs wasn't the thing comes in and can easily smash their no-breath theory to pieces and convinces more people that Childs definitely wasn't the thing, all because of shitty arguments based on the last scene rather than the whole movie.
>>
>>83254452
the best theory I heard was the breath. It goes down the drain in the first few seconds of childs showing up, as you do see his breath, however, it's interesting to note that you can see MacCreedy breathing, and not Childs. The theory was "the thing doesn't need to breathe."

Just interesting.
>>
Here's something to think about: What if the thing visited each of the camps? What would happen if it reached the russian or german camps?

Here's what I think:

If it reached the German camp, they'd be able to tell right away who is and isn't the thing. All they would have to do is look at one and go "He iz not real, kill him."

I figure if it reached a Canadian outpost, they'd be able to tell right away because the thing wouldn't be constantly drinking.
>>
>>83251399
When I viewed it, I thought it was pretty clear that Childs was the Thing and MacReady wasn't, because of the obvious symbolism of offering Childs the whiskey calling back to the very early scene with MacReady pouring whiskey in the game when it beat him.

There's really no point to the earlier scene otherwise. It's there to mirror the last scene. The game of cat and mouse between MacReady and the Thing is over. MacReady is either going to quit and let the Thing win, or he's going to just torch Childs and quit the whole "are you real or not" game.
>>
File: thing.jpg (110KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
thing.jpg
110KB, 728x409px
>>83255372
even when theyre just sitting down, his breath is visible, even if only just barely, due to him sitting with his back turned to the fire behind him
plus earlier pic related
>>
File: pepefk.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pepefk.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>83253544
>we
>know
>who
kill you are self
>>
>>83255778
>calling back to the very early scene with MacReady pouring whiskey in the game when it beat him
no, that was why he burnt the whole camp down you idiot
>>
>>83255861
yes.
>>
>>83255778
What specifically made it clear to you that Childs had to be a Thing?
>>
>i watched this for the first time yesterday
>it was fucking amazing

so glad to see a thread on it right now. for a movie filmed in the 80's this movie aged incredibly well unlike shitty Aliens.
>>
>>83256096
You just got Thinged? Congratulations! You now know the greatness of Carpenter et al. Jealous that you got to experience the Thing for the first time only yesterday. What struck you the most strongly about it? What messed with you the most?
>>
>>83256006
Because the repeated symbolism is MacReady recognizing an unfair adversary and refusing the play by its rules.

If Childs isn't the Thing, it doesn't really work.
>>
Both are human. You can see Child's breath if you watch the HD versions, it's just that he isn't backlit by the burning base. Also the gasoline bottle theory is garbage as he would be a 'perfect' imitation and spit out the gas all 'what the fuck, Macready?'.
>>
>>83257459
The gasoline theory is stupid, but Childs accepting the drink is suspicious. They made a whole big deal out of only eating and drinking out of closed containers to prevent thing-infection.

Either Childs was just 100% sure that MacReady wasn't a Thing, or he wasn't worried about infection likely because he was already the Thing.
>>
File: thumbsupm8.jpg (74KB, 478x600px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsupm8.jpg
74KB, 478x600px
>>83257459
good to actually see some intelligence here once in a while
>>
>>83257572
Or maybe they didn't give a fuck anymore at that point because as they said themselves (not a direct quote) they have nothing to lose anymore because they can't do anything more except freeze
>>
I haven't watched The Thing in a while, but the shot of coat room door open with snow blowing in is meant to show that Childs is gone, right? IIRC, he's supposed to be guarding it.
>>
Would you really not care about being raped on a cellular level by and feel yourself being forcibly remolded into a horrible monster, even if you're doomed to die shortly anyway?
>>
>>83257698
was meant for
>>83257639
>>
>>83253921
body snatchers take forever to absorb compared to The Thing. The Thing would absorb any pods without it having a chance to start with.
>>
Its been a while since iv seen the movie, but I remember somebody saying at the very end when Childs approaches Mcready, he has his flamethrower turned off, indicating he doesnt need it because hes The Thing
>>
>>83257794
not to mention the Body Snatchers are only shown to have taken over a city. They're even more cautious about playing their hand and tend to absorb high ranking members of society before society at large, (like classic reptilians). The Thing is more like a sentient super virus.
>>
>>83252341
You ready for an animal with limitless energy and a very stubborn "why should I" kind of attitude then go for it.
>>
Best horror movie ever made. Fight me, niggers.
>>
>>83256388
Don't forget to watch the other 2 films in the Apocolypse Trilogy. They aren't as good as the Thing, but they're still very solid.
>>
There is no definitive evidence proving he is the thing.

It doesn't add or detract from the movie if he is/isn't and I'm really sick and tired of movie "theories."
>>
childs is the thing because of racism; the black guy has to be the villain
>>
>>83258411
Meant to respond to this guy.
>>83256096
>>
The true red pill is that they were both the thing.
>>
there needs to be a Thing cinematic universe
>>
>>83258520

It's actually a Trilogy senpai
>>
>>83258354
Why would anyone fight you on that? The only other horror movie I might consider for number 1 is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
>>
neither were the thing
>>
If Chilids was the Thing why didn't he instantly incinerate McReady ?
>>
>>83257724
In their situation after their experiences and their fight, and with their characters, yeah probably I wouldn't
>>
>>83255515
What
>>
>>83259141
watch the movie again retard
>>
>>83259141
Because Childs-Thing wanted to know if there were any others survivors. Murdering McReady would get him roasted by Gary or Nauls if they were still alive and human.
>>
>>83259727
watch the movie again retard
>>
>>83259928
This. Also, I feel it was a reflection of the Things character and sort of proof of its sentience. It had nothing to gain from taking Mac and used it as a form of gloating
>>
>>83260176
If i were The Thing i'd want all evidence like burnt husks removed, then i'd freeze myself in human form and wait for a rescue crew to recover the bodies.
Keeping McReady alive is playing with fire.
>>
>>83256096
aliens hasnt aged badly; kill yourself
>>
>>83260636
>Keeping McReady alive is playing with fire.
True, but instantly attempting a direct attack is an unnecessary risk. Childs-Thing just has to wait for McReady to fall asleep or become too weak from the cold.
>>
I finally watched this movie. I like to think that at the end they both weren't the thing but would be forced to play the wine in front of me until they died.
>>
>>83260831
Fair point, i can't imagine ever falling asleep after a night like this tho.
>>
>>83261032
He'd have to eventually. All the thing had to do was wait
>>
why did either of them have to be the thing? i thought it was clear that it was killed.
>>
File: 1461370612253.gif (3MB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461370612253.gif
3MB, 318x500px
>>83252679
If this was true then how come we haven't had a solo CIA spin-off movie?
>>
>>83256096
Aliens is great fucking kill yourself
>>
>>83261846
Makes for a more interesting open ending if Childs is the thing. The little chuckle that McReady gives as Childs drinks the gas in the beer bottle.
>>
WE WUZ THANGZ
>>
>>83262542
But the gas thoery is ludicrous and defeats the purpose of the blood test. The laugh is because Childs drank it despite being the most paranoid of the lot
>>
Am i the only one who notices Macready drinks out of Blair's bottle when they put Blair in the cabin?

Wonder if Macready got infected by that
>>
>>83255515
>the thing attempts to blend in with it's poorly assimilated humor
>>
>>83259141
because they were both things
if either was human, and knew that they were just going to freeze to death, they wouldn't take the chance on the other being a thing and freezing, so they would have just killed each other

they are both things
>>
>>83263437
no macready isn't worried because he left the tape + the alien ship = rescue team burns the corpses or quarantines at least
>>
>>83258476
Name movies where the black person is the bad guy. Don't say Cops.
>>
Someone in this thread is the Thing. Who is it?
>>
>>83263838
Not me
>>
>>83253706
>some kike
John Carpenter loves video games and he said he considers the game canon
>>
File: 1495255130367.jpg (48KB, 640x623px) Image search: [Google]
1495255130367.jpg
48KB, 640x623px
>>83263838
i wish i could get impregnated by a facehugger
>>
>>83252963
Best laugh I've had in a year
>>
>>83263838
not me, fellow human!
have a nice day!
>>
>>83263838
I bet it's this motherfucker >>83252679
>>
>>83250162
There's no set answer

That's the point

You're paranoid about which one of them is the Thing or if the Thing is even alive at that point. Maybe both of them are real.

You know like the characters in the movie ?
Maybe that was the point and it was never meant to be solved ?
>>
>>83252679
The Thing 2, by McG

The Thing 3: Awakening, by Michael Bay (with Mark Wahlberg)

Thingu, by Gore Verbinski

The Thing 5: City of Dogs, by Cory Fukunaga

Thing 6: Prometheus, by M. Night Shyamalan
>>
>>83260713
Aliens is shit. Just like Avatar, it has no cultural relevance. Nobody quotes Aliens.
>>
>>83264438
>It has to be quotable to be good
Game over man, its game over
>>
>>83263838
Certainly not me! And I'll explain exactly why to every one in this thread, one at a time, in the adjacent room
>>
>>83264438
Ah, you told him!
Game over man! Game over!
>>
>>83264438
>>83264490
>>83264676
I would just nuke the thread from the orbit.
Is the only way to be sure.
>>
>>83264728
Get away from the thread, bitch.
>>
>>83264490
>>83264676
>>83264728
>>83264750
These quotes.. they're coming outta the goddamn walls!
>>
>>83264779
They mostly come in the summer... mostly
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.