[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it about this show that made it special?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

What was it about this show that made it special?
>>
It pioneered the irreverent sitcom.
>>
>>83250125
the hero was an eternal underdog
>>
>>83250125
It was the final good sitcom. Every sitcom since has been garbage.
Also it single handedly built the Fox Empire.
>>
>>83250206
But what made it the final good sitcom? What about it made it so relatable?
>>
>>83250424
Characters were more human.
They didn't get along with each other. Every episode didn't end on a happy ending with a message.
Plus gratuitous half naked ladies and real life controversies.
>>
>>83250483
True. I think people could relate to their mindset because they were poor, but reveled in it. It was like a more absurdist Roseanne, without the emotional baggage and shitty ending.
>>
>>83250125
for me, christina applegate's boobs
>>
>>83250125
It was a hilariously dysfunctional and extremely relateable family. The average family isn't clean like Leave it to Beaver, they do stupid shit like in Married With Children.
>>
It was the raunchiest thing on American TV at the time
>>
fatshaming
womanshaming
betashaming
slutshaming
etc
They shamed everybody
>>
File: seven-married-with-children.png (203KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
seven-married-with-children.png
203KB, 600x300px
>>83250125

Because of Seven. He took the show from meh to WHOA
>>
They had some fantastic writers and when those writers quit they managed to find even more quality writers. Ed O'neil is constantly underrated as an actor.
>>
File: milk.jpg (9KB, 432x255px) Image search: [Google]
milk.jpg
9KB, 432x255px
>>83251894
The best part about Seven was when he was gone.
>>
>>83251978
That's because he was classically trained in theater.
>>
>>83252143
He could also kick everyone in this threads ass. Doesn't he have more than one black belt.
>>
>>83250125

It was politically incorrect aka truthful.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.