[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tv/ hate Wes Anderson?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 14344.jpg (99KB, 1024x866px) Image search: [Google]
14344.jpg
99KB, 1024x866px
Why does /tv/ hate Wes Anderson?
>>
It doesn't enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>83247102
Why though
>>
It was a short-lived meme. In reality he's well enjoyed here.
>>
>>83247041

he is pompously frilly
>>
>>83247041
i watched bottle rocket last night and didn't like it. i also watched life aquatic some time ago and didn't like it either.
>>
>>83249016
Name a director you do like

>inb4 Mel Gibson
>>
>>83247041

watching a Wes Anderson film is like having afternoon tea and cakes with your grandmother.
>>
>>83249194
jim jarmusch
>>
File: 1350071254662.jpg (635KB, 1280x696px) Image search: [Google]
1350071254662.jpg
635KB, 1280x696px
for one, he is a douche with a derivative aesthetic that, although not seen often in mainstream cinema, is nothing new, original, or engaging. furthermore, he masks his stale tropes, plots, and dialogue with this trite aesthetic, hoping that his ignorant audiences will not catch on to his obviously disingenuous charade. as such, his films are the true litmus test for detecting plebs that think they have good taste in film, yet are really cinema cretins, groveling to a false a lord

second, the very aesthetic earlier criticized has not changed throughout the entirety of wes anderson's career, proving that this "visionary" filmmaker is nothing more than a hack, a one-trick pony who cannot step outside the box or take cinematic chances

third, wes anderson is clearly a pedo and pedo-enabler, making films that sexualize little children all so he can get him and his giant child loving ego off
>>
I love all of his films.
He captures "brilliant" people well.
>>
>>83249259
Sounds delightfully comfortable.
Not true though, there's a gritty core beneath the fluff on the surface.
>>
Don't hate him and I don't like his movies. I understand why people like him but his movies just didn't work with me
>>
when you look at his film resume its pretty flimsy. whats he got really? nothing of any substance its just puff pastry
>>
>>83250400
How is it flimsy? Basically every film of his is pretty highly rated. Seems to me you just dislike his style
>>
>be Wes Anderson
>get to make Resident Evil movie
>totally ignores the survival horror aspect
>makes a matrix like slowmo fest with stronk womyn
>only fondly remembered because all the 12 year olds are now grown up and don't realize it was a shitfest of a movie.

Mortal Kombat was good though, and I'd pay good money for the original Event Horizon cut.
>>
>>83247224
Americans having hard time understanding superiour eng humor.
>>
>>83247041
But /tv/ loves Magnolia and The Master.
>>
He has a really playful use of color that I find memorable and personally cherish.

It is ok to like Bill Murray even though it became a normie meme to like Bill Murray.

It is ok to like something being pretentious on purpose. Such is life itself.

Ignore others and culture your own taste, so that you could admit you like something in a social vacuum.
>>
>>83250862
Literal retard
>>
>>83250862
Save this for a Paul Thomas Anderson thread. It doesn't work here.
>>
>>83247041
I like him
he makes timeless movies I can watch with my dad to make him happy
>>
>>83247041
His films have cool premises and aesthetics but the stories tend to fall short. Some of his works are better than others but it's never awesome.
>>
>>83253609
So your dad is a numale cuck?
>>
>>83253993
my dad is decent enough not to have ever write those retarded words
good talk
>>
>>83249390
>For one, because I don't like it leave me alone
Wow, great
>>
>>83249390
Genuinely asking. What are some films before Anderson that had those aesthetics?
>>
>>83247041
Cause it takes him years to come out with another movie after the other.
>>
>>83249390
I agree with everything you said but I still like his films especially moonrise kingdom.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.