[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Void

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: F5VeeVOU.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
F5VeeVOU.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
It's basically all 3 movies of John Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy combined into a low budget pile of shit.
>>
>>83243945
in what way? can you expIain further
>>
>muh baby: the movie
>>
>>83243945
It was alright, although there was too much going on.
>>
The ending and a fair chunk of the concept was just Prince of Darkness with a Lovecraftian twist and a dubstep theme applied.

This entire film could have been condensed into the first 35 minutes of a really awesome film. As it stands it just feels like a really drawn out pilot episode to a decent TV show.
>>
>protag and waifu holding hands in front of a green screen

Shit was so lame
>>
>>83244547
point, i thought the storyIine was fIat, best Iovecraftian fiIm of Iast years was the cure for weIIness
>>
>>83243945
It work as event horizon prequel it explain where the ship went.
>>
>>83247244
>shitty movie with a good but failed concept could be a prequel for the shittiest movie with a good but failed concept
>>
They were all moving and acting at a snail's pace, because there wasn't nearly enough content to fill up 90 minutes. Even the creature was uninspired, and the main character jumping out from the wall while it was chasing him was such a direct rip-off of Hellraiser, it disgusted me.
>>
>>83245571

How was Cure for Wellness Lovecraftian? Definitely didn't get the impression from the trailer.
>>
File: 1493685045189.png (29KB, 1050x756px) Image search: [Google]
1493685045189.png
29KB, 1050x756px
it was pretty much what i'd want from a lovecraftian film set in the modern era.

but honestly, the most interesting settings are the 1920's era lovecraft tales. those are really comfy.
>>
>>83244547
>>83248105
It wasn't Lovecraftian AT ALL, do you people seriously think meme tentacles on a poster = Lovecraftian?
>>
>>83248282
>do you people seriously think meme tentacles on a poster = Lovecraftian?

Unfortunately a ton do. This is why people are so obsessed with del Toro adapting At the Mountains of Madness even though it would be garbage.
>>
>>83248282
>It wasn't Lovecraftian AT ALL

how so?
>>
>>83248048
me neither untiI i watched the fiIm. i recommend it
>>
>>83248348
I have a leaked script from ages back of that movie, apparently it the Shoggoths were going to act like The Thing instead of mindless colossal goo trains that scream alien words.

>>83248407
Lovecraftian implies a whole bunch a different, but inter-connected themes: human ignorance, human limitation, insignificance amidst a larger world and universe that isn't necessarily hostile but is cold and uninviting, malignancy being inherent in old things, hereditary horror and the horror of lineage, sins of the father, the importance of dreams and all sort of little sub-ideas that pop up regularly to further reinforce these concepts (like pre-human civilization to hammer in the fact that we weren't here first, and we won't be last). The Void has none of these as far as a basic horror movie goes, it doesn't explore these themes in any way, it's a pretty shallow movie that throws out some gory effects, a Hellraiser-looking guy with cliched cultist dialogue, a stiff and uninspired practical effect monster and to top it all off, fucking tentacles on the three posters really tell you what they think they are, because these days, tentacles = Lovecraft. There's exactly one line where the mad doctor is having his rant to lady tied to the table which barely hints at the merest possibility of a deeper idea of escaping and transcending death, but it's just a throwaway line. That's all. It just sounds cool. The ending is supposed to be some kind of R'lyeh/Mountains of Madness vista, I guess, but you sort of need to build up with hints to make that kind of thing have an impact.

It's a weak, completely identity-less, shallow movie that wants to be John Carpenter that goes right in the pit of crowd-funded mistakes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.