[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Blackadder Goes Forth the pinnacle of British comedy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: blackadder.jpg (165KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
blackadder.jpg
165KB, 1600x900px
Was Blackadder Goes Forth the pinnacle of British comedy?
>>
>>83243100
No, it's not even the best Blackadder
>b-b-but that ending
The only thing anyone ever remembers because the rest is the previous two seasons just rehashed. Same long-winded tired jokes, same characters, same gags. S2 is easily the best Blackadder. As for pinnacle for British comedy that is easily the Comic Strip series.
>>
>>83243171

this. 2 > 3 > 4 > 1
>>
>>83243171
t. contrarian

2 was great but 4 still had the best characters and most memorable gags.
>>
File: C_sw2HEXYAAqUla.jpg (28KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
C_sw2HEXYAAqUla.jpg
28KB, 500x371px
>>83243322
>mfw I have a friend who seriously believes Season 1 is by far the best
>>
Buggah
>>
>>83243413
>le contrarian meme
Oh kindly fuck off, I knew someone was going to get their panties in the twist because their sacred cow got prodded. Ironically uniform opinon will always go with >>83243322, so even saying "contrarian" is wrong.

>4 still had the best characters and most memorable gags.
Literally all of the characters in 4 are recycled, as are the gags.
>Flashhart
>Bob
>going to prison
>Fry's Melchett as Wellington
>Darling as Percy
>George as George
Not to mention the intensely predictable and longwinded "this is like the time" shit, basically their version of the Family Guy cutaway gag.
It is Elton's WW1 soapbox dressed up with token Blackadder trappings.

Again, the pinnacle of British comedy is stuff like the Comic Strip series and the alternative scene in the early 80s, before Elton became such a bore.
>>
>>83243100
the Carry Ons are
>>
>>83243518
Literally all of those characters are far better in 4 than earlier iterations though. And Darling and Percy couldn't be more different characters.
>>
>>83243100
No Darling
>>
>>83243518

gb2 cookd and bombd. the comic strip is all trash.
>>
>>83243518
>Literally all of the characters in 4 are recycled
Man, it's almost as if the entire premise of the Franchise is following the ancestry of those characters or something
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.