[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Laura Palmer's Murder Wasn't Solved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

So I hear David Lynch's original vision for Twin Peaks was that the Laura Palmer case would have gone unsolved and it'd be an ambiguous cold case, but then meddling from TV execs forced Lynch to give the mystery a resolution. My question is, if Laura's murder was to be unsolved then what was Lynch's original vision for the show? Once it shifted away from the murder mystery what would the new focus of the series have been?
>>
It probably would have just ended earlier.
>>
>>83242524
My question is why didn't you post this in the Twin Peaks General?
>>
>>83242557
Because I have terminal autism. Also, I didn't check the catalog.
>>
It's pretty obvious who killed her, since he was the only character on the show who was completely batshit insane.
>>
Same as it became anyway, the black lodge lore.
>>
>>83242973
and the only one who just last his daughter so going a little insane i think is completly understanderble
>>
>>83243018
Sarah wasn't nearly as deranged as him and he's also the only one living in that house who wasn't terrorised by Bob.
>>
>>83243156
she wasn't physically threatened by bob, but she was definitely terrorized. saw him all the time in visions and shit.

leland being crazy made sense in context before the reveal
>>
>>83242524
Yes it would have been unsolved, because what he really wanted to do was focus on the characters in the world he and Frost constructed. I think the quirky moments in the missing pieces of FWWM are indicative of what it would have been like (not that the show itself didn't have its fair share of that).
>>
>>83242524
He says the idea was that the killer would never be revealed, but it was planned out at least very roughly from the start. Ray Wise says that Lynch and Frost sat him down and told him "It was always you".
>>
On my first blind watch through, Leland was still my main guess. I was satisfied when it was him, but not terribly surprised.
>>
>>83245700
It's just unfortunate the show still had to go on. But a bunch of irrelevant extra episodes don't really take away from the good stuff. If you really wanna know what happened to all the minor townspeople, you can watch the rest of s2.
>>
It would have become what we kinda see already.

Coop staying in twin peaks, his personal life tangling with the twin peaks citizens, Windom Earle, etc.

Black Lodge stuff, expanding the lore of the town, more espionage with the Martells and shit.

And maybe every once in a while another murder happens to spice stuff up.
>>
>>83243156
deranged? sarah was seeing bob then screaming like a deranged women, she had just lost her child so nothing unusual there, leland was a broken mess until he he thought he knew who the killer was and went to kill him after that he was a liittle loopy as he thought he had avenged his doughter but again its understandable
>>
I've read elsewhere that Lynch was inspired by the TV series (?) the Fugitive, which didn't reveal its mystery until the series finale. I imagine that had Lynch had his way, we would have found out at the end of the series while all the other subplots were going on.

My dream version of Twin Peaks second season would have cut out half the subplots, pushed the reveal to the end, and tie it in with the Windom Earle/Black Lodge stuff for a crazy finale. It's a shame it didn't happen that way; someone at ABC should have been fired for pushing the murder reveal to the first third of the fucking season (or even asking for that many episodes to begin with).
>>
He said in A Slice of Lynch that the Laura Palmer murder mystery would have been the untouchable golden mystery and other mysteries surrounding it would have been explored.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.