[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does diversity feel so forced in movies it was no problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: lethal_weapon_3.jpg (91KB, 620x396px) Image search: [Google]
lethal_weapon_3.jpg
91KB, 620x396px
Why does diversity feel so forced in movies it was no problem back than.
>>
>>83238377
I think its because they add a lot of 'hood' (nigger) elements into black characters nowadays instead of just making them normal
>>
>>83238377
because 4chan didnt exist
>>
>>83238522
18+
>>
because back than you didn't have social media and journalists harping on about how white people are evil and that black people aren't in enough movies and deserve oscars because they're black. people treated it normally back than. pretty much before the media started antagonizing white people, everyone was pretty much ok with eachother. this bullshit didn't exist in the 80s-90s. people who majored in sociology in the 90s/00s are making it into the work force now and pushing their marxists agenda everywhere.
>>
File: toooldforthisshit.jpg (66KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
toooldforthisshit.jpg
66KB, 722x349px
>>83238377
>>
>>83238377

Because in Lethal Weapon's case, Murtaugh had his shit together and Riggs was the suicidal fuckup.
>>
>>83238377

I think the problem is the attention brought to it, or the feeling of it not being authentic. People don;t like propagandize, and modern movies feel like propaganda. The story is not the main driver.

For example I think West World was done well. There are strong characters that are women, but there's no feminist bullshit, or atleast its kept to a very minimum. The characters feel realistic and they have motivation and desires. I am okay with that kind of diversity. Making new characters who are a certain race or gender is okay as long as it serves the story.
>>
>>83238377
because 90's born queers are obsessed with racism and sexism despite most of the issues surrounding those things having been sorted before they were born
>>
>>83239017
I think you're fucking retarded anon
>>
File: hgL8MFi.jpg (86KB, 1159x650px) Image search: [Google]
hgL8MFi.jpg
86KB, 1159x650px
Did everyone watch their father take a bath in the 80's or was it just me?
>>
>>83239163
Watch? Nah, I had to lather him up.
>>
File: 1493260672705.jpg (19KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493260672705.jpg
19KB, 250x375px
>>83239163
NOW FUCK THE CAKE DANNY
>>
>>83238377
Because in the 80s there was still a strong black middle class presence.
>>
>>83239163
Black folk wear trunks in the bath because it's the closest they can get to swimming.
>>
>>83238377
Because liberals wanted to keep pointing out race everyday since 2012.
>>
Because back then nobody had instant access to a platform where they can share their inane and uninformed opinions and treat them like they're gospel.

I don't doubt some people were annoyed by demographic trends back then, but they didn't give that much of a shit. People actually had jobs in those days.
>>
There was forced diversity back then (The Warriors). Danny Glover just happens to be a good actor.
>>
>>83239329
>>83238377
Wrong. It was never brought up that they were black or that it even mattered. They were just men.

Today it's all that matters. If they are black or if they are white.
>>
>>83239375
In the one example I mentioned the studio forced white leads. It probably happened just as much back then.
>>
>>83238377
Uh because it literally is being forced? Guys like JewJew Abram say they use their jobs as a tool to actively promote diversity and their movies have diversity quotas. It's not just, Denzel is a good actor, let's grab him. Now it's more like, grab Jamal since we need more colored people.
>>
>>83238591
Pretty much. The studios and directors didnt even care either
>>
>>83238591
Agree with this entirely. You can see this evidenced with revived series. People praised the Power Rangers movie for having a diverse cast but Power Rangers always had that as a core and I don't remember anyone finding that remarkable when I was a kid.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.