[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mad Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_1517.png (144KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1517.png
144KB, 500x282px
>mfw someone on this board likes me instead of Don or Roger
>>
>>83234200
Is Kenposting going to be a thing in MM threads now, or are you beating a dead horse that became unfunny after six solid posts in the last thread?
I think the latter.
>>
File: IMG_0206.gif (68KB, 397x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.gif
68KB, 397x200px
Harry Krane was the best male character on the show. There's no argument about this
>>
File: la-noire-cole-phelps.jpg (134KB, 620x410px) Image search: [Google]
la-noire-cole-phelps.jpg
134KB, 620x410px
I didn't get the story arc where they made him an LA detective.
>>
File: 31-mad-men-sally-catches-don.jpg (55KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
31-mad-men-sally-catches-don.jpg
55KB, 468x468px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: Phelps.jpg (21KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
Phelps.jpg
21KB, 300x267px
>>83234356
Get a load of this hot head
>>83234399
Ken lived a hard life after losing his two kids and wife
>>
File: itssunday.jpg (94KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
itssunday.jpg
94KB, 1024x512px
>>83234424
who opens a door without knocking? Fucking cunt
>>
File: kinseyincidentalguitarplaying.jpg (111KB, 1157x1075px) Image search: [Google]
kinseyincidentalguitarplaying.jpg
111KB, 1157x1075px
what did Kinsey mean by this?
>>
>>83234424
Apparently in the original cut, she lingered a lot longer and started tugging at her skirt before Don noticed her. That's why she doesn't rat him out.
>>
File: CFDvVfIWEAENZL2.jpg (25KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
CFDvVfIWEAENZL2.jpg
25KB, 600x375px
>>
File: loised.jpg (624KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
loised.jpg
624KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Why isn't this show discussed more? I am on the 6th season rn and it's clear to me it's the best show of all time. Shit, that was obvious by the 7th episode of season 1.

I've seen the "greats" and mad men is PURE KINO. The purest KINO ever.

The fact that it ran along with BB only supports the contention that it's high minded. MM attracted intellectuals while BB attracted morons.
>>
>>83235052
Mad Men is the most overated garbage I've ever seen. The only appeal is that it's set durign the '60's. Otherwise, no one would watch it.
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (34KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
34KB, 600x375px
>>83234889
>>
>>83235149
You're a fucking moron. The most tasteful editing of any show. Best writing. Completely relatable. Go watch Harry Potter you unsophisticated dipshit
>>
>>83234200
>checking nice dubs
>still the only #GroveStreet member on /tv/
>>
>>83235224
wew
>>
>>83235248
Overall, its pretty uninteresting. I guess only nu-males care about watching some drinking homos and their marital problems
>>
>>83235384
Poor b8, I'm the king of Reddit contrarion faggots and I love Mad Men.
>>
>>83235384
You're 15
>>
>>83235346
I made that on my iPhone while driving with my knees.
>>
>>83235384
Stop just spewing hot takes. It's a classic. Tried and true. If you don't like it you should prob enter into a trade
>>
>>83234200
>implying pete wasn't the best character
from ep 1 on Pete was the nigga
>>
>>83235149
Name some better shows
>>
>>83235384
One of the least nu-male shows of all time, desu.
It's replete with womanizing, misogyny, hard-drinking, and questionable choices.
>>
>>83235384
Congrats you got your (Yous). Fagit
>>
File: 70s Crane.gif (15KB, 368x439px) Image search: [Google]
70s Crane.gif
15KB, 368x439px
>>83234382
Literally /ourguy/
Not Silver Spoon Pete
Not Sterling Gold Roger
Not Don Impoverished Childhood Draper
Not even Glen "I've been waiting 8 years to bang Sally's mom and then become the Zodiac Killer" whatever his last name is.
Maybe Ginsberg
But if any of you anons had an inch of power and fumbled your way into the way of the future the way Harry did, you'd eat first.
>>
>>83234838
God, Kinsey was a cunt.
>The Negron Complex
>Joining a hippie oriental cult to bang one of the priestesses, who Harry later bangs and brings to the office to read fortunes and fuck everyone when they're high on speed
>Virtue signaling hipster dipshit
>>
>>83234382
Harry is definitely the most underrated. his whole arc is fascinating
>>
File: 1476750383359.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476750383359.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>83235149
here's you
>>
>>83235052
it's very popular around here

and I agree that it' the best show I've seen
>>
Ken and Harry are two interesting characters on the show for how their entire character arc went.

Early on, Ken is a one dimensional gary stu: he's the only one of the guys who is legit nice to Peggy and friendly with her, Sal lusts after him unrequitedly, and he's portrayed as a golden god who does no wrong and drives Pete insane with how much better he is.

Then he gets snubbed when Don/Roger form their own agency, gets hired by them, then gets disfigured/shot, forced to whore out his relationship with his father-in-law to keep Don and Roger off his back, watch Pete/Peggy overtake him career-wise (and Peggy telling him to fuck off) and ultimately purged for petty shit and goes to work for said father-in-law he hates, rather than become a published writer like he secretly wishes to be.

Meanwhile Harry starts out as the token fat nerdy guy who gets to see Don at his most vulnerable, only to be treated like dog shit by him afterwords (since Don can't abide people seeing him at his lowest) and yet, manages to carve his own little fiefdom within all the various incarnations of the agency, off of brains and the foresight to see TV as the wave of the future. Granted it goes to his head corrupting him, as he fucks around on his wife more so but all he really wants is some respect and shit.
>>
>>83235497
Only if you came into the show around season season three/four and then watched seasons 1-2.

When the show first aired, Pete was considered a shit head of the highest order. It wasn't until they started downplaying Pete's asshole tendencies in season three and playing up his competency in season four that fans started to cheer him on.
>>
>>83234356
this faggot has serious autism and thinks hes an ebin memester shitposter
you want him to stop this shit? just ignore him
dont reply to kenposter
dont reply to kenposting threads
kenposter isnt even a real fan of mad men and just wants to ruin on of the only good thread topics still left on this shit board
>>
>>83239869
Did they ever explain why Don hated Harry so much?

Megan never outed him for his leering pervert rant after the birthday party at the start of season five. Was Don really just pissy that Harry caught him with his guard down? Or was it a much more subdue version of Roger's hatred for Harry where he just hid it from Harry' better when they had to interact?
>>
>>83239978
It was never revealed.

Popular fan theory, when the show was on the air, was that Don was pissed off that Harry broke the bro-code by fucking a secretary and then telling his wife about it, out of guilt. So he hated Harry for being a pussy and confessing his adultery, along with putting the other guys in deep trouble, if Harry' wife ever told the other guys wives what was going on with the agency help and their husbands.

That said, Harry going from nobody to big shot overnight probably also made Don resentful. Especially given how he had to get Roger shit faced in order to manipulate him into giving him a job at the agency (and ascend him up the ladder).

Pete, Sal, and ultimately Peggy were Don's proteges and he probably was resentful towards Harry overtaking his subordinates in status.
>>
>>83240153
I just wonder sometimes how Harry even got work there. Roger and Don hated his guts. Was Harry just some poor schmuck who befriended the cool kids (Sal, Kinsey, Pete, and Ken) to secure a place at the table? Or was Cooper the guy who hired him and provided him with the patronage needed to rise to the top?
>>
>>83240222

Most likely the former. The first season heavily implied a lower level clique with Pete as the leader amongst the rank and file employees.

Harry probably started around the time Pete did and the two became friends, due to their age and ambitions. Ken was too much of a rival for Pete to truly be BFFs with, Kinsey was a pretentious shit who was even more of a blowhard than Pete was, and Sal was technically on the same level as Don and Roger as head of the art department, but who slummed amongst the rank and file.

Even though they grew to hate each other too, I could see Pete helping Harry survive at the agency when he first got there, simply because he was the best option out of the available friends Pete had at his fingertips.
>>
>>83234200
Why was he so based?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.