[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Starkiller Base A Stupid Idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

What are your thoughts? This video goes into it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxPND1uMLk
>>
Yes. It's the one thing in the whole star wars saga I actively despise.

I can deal with midichlorians.
I can deal with Ewoks
Fuck me, I can even deal with Jar Jar Binks
But FUCK starkiller base

Way to undermine the terror and destruction of the Death Star project. What was once a symbol and embodiment of the empires terror is now completely worthless because "oh this one the first order made is bigger and super duper cooler". Fuck. That. Noise.

It doesn't even get a proper buildup. It's explained, it's destroyed, the movie ends. It has NO place in the force awakens.

If it was up to me, I'd make it some planet-wide First Order weapon manufacturing facility that the Resistance needs to destroy. Instead of blowing up 7 fucking planets (complete overkill btw), show a compilation of the deadly weapons being used by the first order to assassinate New Republic political figures. Same impact of the First Order "destroying" the new republic, without undermining the previous Death Stars
>>
>>83225137
>shitskin shilling his video here
Fuck off. The movie was shit, but fuck off.
>>
>>83225780
ItI came across his video series because he made one about Alien and covenant just came out, retard. stop trying to be clever you will always fail.
>>
>>83225137
Yes. And I'm certain there will be yet another Deathstar of some sort. They may make it a satellite or planet destroying star ship, or a space station, but 100% I think they'll do another Deathstar.
>>
>>83225759
But then how would have a super cool escape scene with stuff blowing up?
>>
>>83226067
The lego leak has confirmed the spoilers
theres a new ship called the mega destroyer and its even bigger than the deathstar, it's also snokes ""base"". snoke also isn't mace dindu or anyone else from the other flicks
>>
>>83226125
They could still blow the planet up. Again, just make it a factory planet distributing weapons instead of a giant lazer
>>
>>83226183
Another huge thing to kill, why not put out multiple smaller ones and have them protect each other? Or have even smaller superships that can one-shot (formerly) capital ships?

Why doesn't the Republic build its own and go destroy the other ones? Surely their industrial might greatly exceeds the broken Empire's, especially given the motivation of the people.
>>
>>83226183
Thanks Anon. (not original poster). Would you link to those spoilers, please?
>>
>>83225137
Yes. It's stupid and so was the whole film. I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan, it's just a shame to see six good movies succeeded by this soulless pile of garbage with not a single original idea in it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.