[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trainspotting 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

The reception to this was tepid so I thought it wouldn't be that bad. Boy was I wrong.

What did tv think?
>>
It was good.
>>
>>83209553
Why tho? All it did was remind me of a better film. One of the characters even comes out and says it.
>It's all nostalgia.
>>
pleb filter
>>
Not awful, but supremely disappointing given the director, cast and original
>>
File: 1490699670520.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490699670520.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>83209532
I really think that the movie itself it's unnecessary, some of the charm of Trainspotting comes from not knowing what happened to the characters involved,
That being said, it's not a bad movie, its pretty sincere and self aware of his condition of nostalgia inducer,
I really liked the way the characters evolved into their predictable and tired mutations of themselves, I was not expecting much, but I was not disappointed.
The movie is what I expected it to be, it was the size and had the depth I expected, and I'm fucking glad about it, the movie itself it's testimony of the corrosive persistence of time and modern society in people, you may not be a junkie, but everyone lives being addicted to something.
I felt old watching T2, I felt sad and happy about life being life around the characters.
It's a good movie, not a glorious come back, but it's not shit

I'm glad it's not a modern adaptation with new characters, now that would have been ugly shitfest
/review
>>
Started off dull and got progressively better. Overall solid kino.
>>
Sure the movie's about nostalgia and is a direct sequel to the first one but it relies too much on those "remember that from the first movie??" moments.
>>
>>83209532
It wasn't bad at all. It was just average. Really, it was exactly what I expected it to be. Kind of unnecessary but still well-made and genuine.
>>
It was fucking awful anyone who liked it needs to quit movies forever
>>
>>83210161
Great blog post. Agreed with everything you wrote.
>>
choose pleb
choose cashgrab
choose facebook
choose /v/
>>
Film's that don't need direct sequels -

1.Return of the jedi
2.Trainspotting
3.Donnie darko
4.Happy Gilmore
5.Back to the future 3
6.Braveheart
7.Forrect gump
>>
>>83209532

the only thing that i really liked was renton's "choose life" monologue in the restaurant.

the rest was kinda meh. like somebody else said trainspotting doesn't require a sequel. it's better not to know what became of them all.

also speaking as someone who is a recovering heroin addict, there's no way 3 heroin addicted people (and begbie) all survived into their mid 40s.
>>
>>83210889

Renton's teeth are far to white for an ex junkie
>>
>>83210161
/thread
>>
>>83209532
> it was Spud's book all along

Get the fuck outta here
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.