[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best movie director of all times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: nolan.jpg (653KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
nolan.jpg
653KB, 1296x730px
Kubrick, Hitchcock, FF Coppola, Scorsese, Spielberg, Tarantino, Welles, Leone, Bergman, Polanski...

Who is it tv?

pic not related
>>
Terrence Malick
>>
William Friedkin
>>
>>83208894
Tarkovsky, Kurosawa, or Kubrick
>>
>>
>>83208894
David Yates leapfrogged nolan with ease he's 300 mil behind cameron and the fourth highest grossing director of all time.
>>
>>83208894
>Nolan's films are rooted in philosophical, sociological and ethical concepts, exploring human morality, the construction of time, and the malleable nature of memory and personal identity. His body of work is permeated by materialistic perspectives, labyrinthine plots, nonlinear storytelling, practical special effects, and analogous relationships between visual language and narrative elements.

I love how his Wikipedia article makes his movies sound incredibly complex.
>>
>>83208910
>Tarkovsky, Kurosawa
Where can I find their work in high quality and with proper subtitles?
>>
>>83208937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Li998pZxwU
>>
>>83208937
>his movies sound incredibly complex.
for you
>>
>>83208937
>>Nolan's films are rooted in philosophical, sociological and ethical concepts, exploring human morality, the construction of time, and the malleable nature of memory and personal identity. His body of work is permeated by materialistic perspectives, labyrinthine plots, nonlinear storytelling, practical special effects, and analogous relationships between visual language and narrative elements.
yeah, when CIA was waving his gun in the air like a faggot it really made me think of all that.
>>
>>83208942
Hulu, criterion collection, TCM
>>
>>83208942
How come people ask these stupid questions? You are aware that torrents exist, right? You can literally search "seven samurai torrent" right this fucking second and get what you are looking for. Fucking retard fucking idiot you waste of space how dare you write out this moronic writing i hope you and your whole family gets raped to get you fucker you motherfucker
>>
>>83208937
You could say this about literally any director and some ITT
>>
>>83209007
fuuuuuuug :D
>>
>>83208937
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd3p0PUUklE
>>
File: neck kino.webm (3MB, 900x375px) Image search: [Google]
neck kino.webm
3MB, 900x375px
>>83208904
this.

and also refn
>>
>>83208894
Will Nolan ever make a good movie? Will he ever make a non-meme movie?
>>
>>83209007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzndyGwT1ww
>>
>>83208937
When will critics learn that clear, concise vocabulary that conveys the intended meaning is infinitely more intelligent writing than unnecessarily cramming a thesaurus into each sentence?
>>
Bergman
Fellini
Mizoguchi
Capra
>>
>>83209047
Following is good
>>
>>83208904
Terrence so far
>>
>>83208904
>>83208918
One of these two guys.
>>
File: 1404218439236.jpg (1MB, 1861x1153px) Image search: [Google]
1404218439236.jpg
1MB, 1861x1153px
>>83208894

We used to do surveys, what happened?
>>
>>83209047
memento is kino
>>
probably Hitchcock or Kubrick

I'd put Tarkovsky at the very top too but I don't think that the all-time greatest director should have to require so much patience. even though I suppose I see him their equal otherwise.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.