[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it propaganda /tv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

Was it propaganda /tv/
>>
>>83207138
It was morally ambiguous "really made me think" war flick.
>>
>>83207138
it was about a guy dealing with PTSD.
>>
Yes.

Was it government sanctioned? Who knows.
>>
File: american sniper.jpg (824KB, 720x5442px) Image search: [Google]
american sniper.jpg
824KB, 720x5442px
>>83207138
>>
>>83207750
why censor the word God?
>>
>>83207824
I've seen americans do that. Something about blasphemy.
>>
>>83207750
Did a sand monkey make this meme?
>>
>>83207138
no shit
>>
>>83207138
It was just a clever bait for MLG montage parodies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkSoPAgVNBc
>>
>>83207838
It's a Jewish thing.
>>
>>83207138
Why was this released weeks before the trial of the guy who killed him IRL?
>>
if anything it downplayed America's greatness in order to appeal to liberals
>>
>>83208061
To get patriotic fervor up and ensure the guy gets a harsh court ruling.
>>
>>83207138
Yep. Every few years they have to have a muh heroism war film set in the Middle East so that they can get young idiots to enlist to go over and occupy the Middle East because oil.
>>
Is it operator kino or just family drama back in the states?
>>
>>83207138
>hurr Clint Eastwood is one of a handful of successful right wing figures in Hollywood so everything he does is propaganda but any of the myriad films made by devout leftists aren't
Silly meme, it is not propaganda.
>>
>>83208125
>oil
>not rothschild banking

goyim please
>>
>>83207138
>invades a country to kill people
>it made me sad when I came back :(
>>
>>83207838
>>83208031

devout christians do that tho
>>
>>83207750
cringe
>>
>>83207138
I mean, it kind of portrayed the guy as a fucked up dude, and it didn't glorify the war. I think it could've done with more expression of how messed up Kyle was as a person, he was obviously a bit unhinged by his experiences, supposedly he made up crazy stories on the spot and his friends were all too afraid of him to stop him.

Pathological lying is a common sympton of PTSD, because people lie to themselves before they lie to others, always. The guy needed a fucking psychiatrist and instead he got a post-mortem feelgood flick.
>>
>>83208154
Oil is pretty crucial for the PETROdollar.
>>
>>83207138
It was a typical anti-war film. Not sure why everyone thinks it's propaganda, probably because of the flag on the poster and "American" in the title
>>
>make a subtle war diptych with a timeless message that examines topics such as war and the importance of having or believing in "war heroes" when deep down you know there is no heroism in something as absurd and ugly as war, why people go to war or feel the need to believe in the idea of one's nation and being a patriot when you know beliefs are all relative depending on which side you're on, how war can't exist without propaganda and other lies people tell themselves to survive (during or after the war), how lonely it is to carry the toll if takes on you and how civilian society can never properly understand it... with enough distance and intelligence to neither be a basic "anti-war" movie or a pro-murika piece of shit, amazing filmmaking craft, acute psychology and touching humanity, but set it in WW2
>"wow this is good, these are timeless war classics that will age like fine wine, bravo eastwood"

>make a movie with the exact same timeless message, quality of craft and intelligence, showing you're a true auteur with recurring themes and obsessions, but make it about a war that people don't romanticize and don't show the other side's pov because at this point you assume audiences are smart enough to get it
>"wow this is shit, child killer propaganda and fake babby 0/10"

people are stupid
>>
>>83208184
[Ryan Dawson's autistic screeching intensifies]
>>
>>83208186
Anti-war film that identifies with the aggressor? That's like making the film about the lolacaust from the point of view of a camp guard, who then went back to his happy family life but sometimes has bad dreams.
>>
>>83208226
Shame that such a well informed guy is SO FUCKING BAD at actual video and audio editing.
I have better quality and script for my pissing in the office sink snapchats to my boss.
>>
>>83208174
Why did you cringe?
>>
>>83207750
No amount of dead sand niggers will ever make me dislike someone. My issue with Kyle is his blatant lies about Jessie Ventura. I get that the guy had PTSD but there's some shit you don't do, and fucking with Ventura is one of them--he basically ruined that guy's life, you know Jessie can't hang out with SEALs anymore? And why, because he denied a lie this guy told about him? What the fuck is that shit.

>huuu huuu he sued a war hero
He sued a fucking liar. Kyle shouldn't have fucking lied about beating up a UDT vet in his book if he didn't want to deal with a lawsuit.
>>
>>83208301
Agreed that pissed me off too.
>>
>>83208288
unfunny and reeks of butthurt
>>
>>83208268
>Anti-war film that identifies with the aggressor
Imagine that. What if I told you all Vietnam films told from US perspective are also anti-war.
>>
>>83208343
Not him but you sound like you are fourteen.
>>
>>83208149
Grand torino was dope so was million dollar baby. The fact that Eastwood made this actually works against it since it will be compared to his other films.
>>
>>83208301
Ventura is a faggot
>>
>>83208159
Wrong.
The shit he saw and went through fucked him up, not killing terrorists
>>
>>83208284
It has to be a generational thing, the guy is just a bit too old to be part of the internet culture. Imagine the reach he'd have if he knew how to handle his shit better. I have half a mind to call him and try to arrange some outreach for him. My mother's cat videos channel has like 200,000 subscribers, and this guy can't even get 100k? Fuck me.
>>
>>83208356
your meme pic looks like it was made by a 14 year old, so I guess we're even. i dunno
>>
>>83208268
That's implying that the holocaust was real
>>
Yeah, the movie was propaganda. I doubt it was government sanctioned though.
>>
>>83208370
Ventura is a crazy conspiracy theorist, but does anyone actually think that he shittalked dead SEALs and then got beaten up in a bar over it? It's clearly a fake story. The guy's entire identity is "I was a navy seal and also I once spit tobacco juice at a nigger in Predator" there's no way he'd do the shit "scruff-face' did in that book.
>>
>>83208392
I said
>Not him
I guess you can't read
>>
>>83208349
Most of them aren't. Just because they show some "war isn't super cool" moments doesn't make them anti-war.
>>
>>83208301
Ventura? The guy who lied about being a SEAL? The guy who makes a living selling retarded conspiracy theories like "powerlines are gov brainwashing machines" to retards? The guy who threatened to beat up Jim Norton for disagreeing with his political opinions? lol fuck that guy
>>
Someone pointed out that nazi germany had a very similar movie used for their own propaganda. And dirty Harry is known for supporting Bush and Trump. A real gun-ho right winger. So yes, it was a propaganda film that justified sniping kids and women.
>>
>>83208418
>I said "not him"
and I'm George Clooney.
>>
>>83207138
he was killed by fbi, true story
>>
>>83207138
Yes, I even remember the /pol/ threads when this first came out, vast majority of /pol/tards claimed it was murrica fuck yeah propaganda. This was until they found out that the left also hated it and viewed it as propaganda so now they full on support the movie.
>>
>>83208449
Ventura was a UDT, which was the immediate predecessor of the SEALs, and was later rolled into the org. He left the military before they were called SEALs but he was part of the organization before it became DEVGRU.

Nobody who knows anything about the SEALs denies that Ventura is qualified to call himself a member. He is a crazy conspiracy theorist, though.
>>
>>83208509
Not really. Opinions have differed on it since the beginning. Most of /pol/ is indifferent about dead sand people but hates the fact that we're fighting wars for the kikes, so they're still firmly in the anti-war camp.
Also as someone said above, Jessie Ventura is literally /pol/ incarnate and Chris Kyle shit on him pretty hard. They weren't happy with the film from the start.

There's this weird reverence for Clint Eastwood that I don't quite get, though. The guy's as good a goy as it gets, but you can't criticize Grandpa Eastwood because he made Gran Torino.
>>
it was a biopic, character study, and a kino

it's not like they made up that he was a sniper and shot a bunch of bad guys

and fuck people who think jihadis shouldn't be shot on sight
>>
>>83208226
my nigga

>>83208284
>Shame that such a well informed guy is SO FUCKING BAD at actual video and audio editing.
I know... his presentation is poor. I've seen people trying to give him constructive criticism in his comments section and he ends up getting angry about it.

War by Deception and The Empire Unmasked are utterly fantastic documentaries in terms of information but the presentation of them is not even high school tier. I'm also pretty sure Ryan is dyslexic so they're unfortunately rife with spelling mistakes as well (most of his videos are).

He really needs to hire someone to help him with his presentation but sadly it doesn't seem like he has much money. Youtube also refuses to monetize his videos so he can't make money that way. It's a real shame.
>>
>>83208377
>I have half a mind to call him and try to arrange some outreach for him
You could get his skype easy, or just send him a youtube message. Do it m8.
>>
>>83208268
>Anti-war film that identifies with the aggressor? That's like making the film about the lolacaust from the point of view of a camp guard, who then went back to his happy family life but sometimes has bad dreams.
There's literally nothing wrong with that. I'd watch it.
>>
>>83208268
>Hollywood is too Jewish to ever allow for this kind of film to exist
Shame.
>>
Yes

Chris Kyle was a liar and a glory hound
>>
File: 1495788181176.jpg (165KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495788181176.jpg
165KB, 1024x768px
>>83208604
>Jessie Ventura is literally /pol/ incarnate
lol

actually this is /pol/ incarnate: >>>/wsg/1690537

>inb4 th-that's reddit
>inb4 that other neet that doesn't even know what day it is
>>
>>83207138
How else would a shit movie like that get niminated for best picture. It was fucking garbage.
>>
>>83208301
He lied about a lot of other things too. And after he got killed people made up lies that he wants to bankrupt his wife. I bte that part where some guy walks up to him and says "Hurr you saved my son" or something was also made up.
>>
Kind of a weird movie for Clint Eastwood to make considering he made Letters From Iwo Jima
>>
>>83207138
Neo-Con trash

The guy lied about all kinds of shit in his book
>>
>>83207138
yes, but propaganda can be good
>>
>>83207138
All visual media content is propaganda, kid.
>>
>>83207750
>Apple Pie Family Upbringing

What Jewish horseshit, that family was ripe with child abuse.
Just as I suspected, leftists are dumber than dog shit.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.