[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read kerouac once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: marlon brando of our times.png (228KB, 366x496px) Image search: [Google]
marlon brando of our times.png
228KB, 366x496px
>read kerouac once
>>
>>83205520
Is it just me, or was Kerouac bullshit? I fucking hated his writing.
>>
>>83205581
The appeal becomes really gimmicky more often than not, but it is actually mostly interesting.
>>
>>83205520
Bad scene.
>>83205581
Shitty writer.
>>83205941
Dumb post.
>>
>>83206045
Human garbage.
>>
>>83205520
This is the worst, most insufferable scene in all of twin peaks including james' song and josies death
>>
>>83206105
How did you get into Twin Peaks in the first place if you don't like this type of humor?
>>
I watched the pilot and felt kind of overwhelmed at the end of it. Is there an episode I should watch till then decide I should carry on or should I give it up now?
>>
>>83206105
JUST YOU

AND I
>>
>>83206154
Not him, but I'm a fan of Lynch, not Twin Peaks. When the show's humor relies on the writing, it is sometimes funny, sometimes grating. This scene didn't work because it's poorly written and Cera is a bad actor, too self aware to be anything but a distraction. You can hide bad writing if there's a strong enough actor on board.
>>
Every fucking scene of that episode was like torture. It's like Lynch never heard that the best jokes are short
>>
>>83206154
I love twin peaks humor, and I love season 3. That scene was retarded lolsorandum garbage
>>
>>83206228
Stop having shit taste and watch all of both seasons and then watch the fan edit of fire walk with me with missing pieces because it turns fwwm into a good movie.
>>
I wonder how cera continues to get work anyway
>>
>>83207121
It was just so dense of a pilot, and Jesus every character was stiff. I work night security so I've got nothing but time for binge watching, but I am worried Lynch will actually put me to sleep.
>>
>>83207370
It's a good lynch movie combined with a very hammy soap opera. Some of its great, and some of it's downright terrible. However the atmosphere and coopers investigation are the comfiest things I've ever seen on t.v. and finishing season 2 is worth it just so you know what's going on in season 3, which is some great tv
>>
>>83207370
Its slow, surreal, and dreamlike, great for going to sleep to but maybe not the best idea if you need to stay alert
>>
This scene was top grade pleb filter

I hope he has a whole episode to himself to filter more pleb trash out
>>
>>83207487
You really want to watch michael cera do a bad marlon brando impression for an hour?
>>
>>83207593
it's a two minute scene no need to fill up your diaper brainlet
>>
>>83207593
Yes 100%
>>
>>83207692
>i hope he has a whole episode to himself
>? ? ?
>>
>>83205581
Read The Subterreans
>>
I love Wally and I hope he comes back with more monologues. Sometimes at the start of episodes. Sometimes at the end of episodes. Sometimes in the middle. Except in season premiers, and finales.
>>83206453
>the best jokes are short
Some of the best jokes I've ever seen have dragged on and the length was part of the humor. See: stewart lee's entire career
>>
>>83205520
do people really complain about this casting? who could be better as andy and lucy's fucking kid?
>>
>>83205581
Kerouac was great. Just look up his appearance on Firing Line.
>>
>>83207471
I dug the atmosphere but it doesn't seem like a show I should just fall asleep to, I have the feeling that there is a lot going on that I need to really pay attention to and be piecing things together, which yeah for a 14 hour shift that seems like it'd only add to the exhaustion.I imagine smoking weed and putting on the intro would be great to drift off to.

>>83207432
I'll try it again this weekend at some point, at least finish the first season. I haven't heard good things about season 2 so I guess I'll just see where I end up at the end of 1.
>>
This was a scene for the sort who thought Fire Walk With Me was bad.
>>
>>83207751
Someone who can act shit but is not a shit actor.
>>
>>83206063
Rude
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.