[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fargo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 24

File: Fargo_-_Emmit_and_Ray_Stussy.jpg (16KB, 421x237px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo_-_Emmit_and_Ray_Stussy.jpg
16KB, 421x237px
Ray did not deserve that. I'm Logan levels of feels right now. Couldn't help but sympathize with him really. Will keep watching just for Sy
>>
>>83200248
>not watching for Varga
>>
>>83200313
Varga is who I dream of becoming someday.
>>
>>83200248
Ray deserved better in the long run but got just desserts by doing what he did in that scene.
He let his longstanding infantile feud with his brother prevent any reconciliation and ruined not only his chances at making amends but living happily with his fiance.
He literally was about to get away with the money and the girl, but just couldn't allow his brother to look like a good guy for once and died for it.
>>
>>83200429
His girlfriend would have been dead by the time he got back to the motel if he hadn't died then and there. There was no happy ending for that loser.
>>
>>83200429
True desu famalam
>>
>>83200313
>>83200325
same. now that ray is dead, varga is the only reason i'm watching. Sy is basically a non entity at this point, and swango is gonna be terible without ray to bounce off.
>>
I think Ray reacted that way because after all the stuff he has just been through because of that stamp. He was an accomplice to multiple Murders, lost his job, Mob guys beat his chick, cops are after him, he is going on the run. The stamp return was just too late.
>>
because retards in the live thread couldn't figure it out I'll spell it out here. Varga Was needleing his tooth because it felt good. Ever have a bug bite, or canker sore that felt nice when you scratched/tongued it? The pain sometimes feels good. The look on his face in that scene is extacy from the pain. Not some need to taste blood BS
>>
>>83200620
but the needling causes the vomiting, right?
>>
>>83200248
I feel like the scene itself was fairly poorly done.
Overall the season has been bit of a disappointment, largely due to the pace, still fantastic, just not as good as the previous 2.
>>
>>83200637
kek I hate you
>>
Anyone else like how Varga was the one searching for the cop on the internet and not finding anything, as opposed to the opposite?
What are the odds Yuri runs into Wrench?
Oriental first to die.
Varga wanting to give the partners a bonus after borrowing a shit-ton in credit lends credence to the theory he's scamming Emmet and Sy.
>>83200248
Ray reaped what he sowed. He was more likeable, sure, but he was still a scummy parole officer who couldn't let go of his bullshit with his brother or look towards the future. >>83200520
>Sy is basically a non entity at this point
Just because he was barely present in one episode doesn't mean the Sy Show is over
>>83200477
Too true, family
>>
>>83200520
>Sy is basically a non entity at this point
Fucking what? He's a fantastic character and there is nothing to say he's going to go into the background, especially now that Ray is dead. I would doubt if he ends up turning against Emmit
>>
>>83200325
Stick a couple fingers down your throat.
>>
>>83200248
Why dod people not like the characters?
Sy, Ray, Emmit, Varga, and to slightly lesser degree Yuri and Meemo are great. Gloria is pretty okay, just for being a main character seems a bit sidelined. Nikki is okay, but I think how she handles Ray's death will determine what I think of her. If she actually does care I think she'll be a good character
>>
File: american_liars.webm (3MB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
american_liars.webm
3MB, 960x480px
Did anyone else think Ray's death was stupid as fuck?
>>
>>83201055
I see what it as going for, but the way it was shot sucked. They should have had Emmet actually hit him with it directly
>>
>>83201055
I'm really happy that the real views are actually getting out there in the media like this. A few years ago we would never have anything on mainstream propaganda tv about the moon landing being faked. And now we have Joe Rogan letting the world know about how stupid round earthers are. PEOPLE NEED TO THINK. How come when parachuters jump from an airplane the earth doesnt move under them? THINK OF THE FACTS
>>
My whole theory on how this will end is

>Nikki will be arrested and negotiate a deal with the Police (only Gloria will believe her)
>Gloria will try to find Yuri & Meemo
>Sy will make a deal with Goldfarb and have Goldfarb get Mr. Wrench on Varga's muscle
>Mr. Wrench slits Meemo's throat
>Yuri is arrested and is linked back to several murders including one in East Germany, taken back to the Station by Lopez. Yuri will kill Lopez and escape
>Varga will escape until Gloria shoots him in the head
>Emmit and Varga will grow closer to each other business wise as Varga shows him the ropes to what he really is involved in - "Super-Criminality" involving greasing palms with Kim Jong-Un to Putin to African warlords, etc as Emmit goes on the FBI Most Wanted list, might even get plastic surgery
>>
>>83201186

>*Yuri will escape and Gloria shoots him in the head

Not Varga, my bad
>>
>>83201186
Your an idiot of epic proportions
>>
>>83201212
Stop posting this meme nobody thinks its funny and your shitting up our good threads. Please just think about other people for once.
>>
>>83201186
>posting garbage like this in fargo 2017 threads

i want summer to leave
>>
>>83200248

Fargo is the most kino television show in history, prove me wrong.
>>
>>83201186
PATHETIC

FUCKING

LOSER

THE POST!

>>83201212
AND THEN HE DOES

IT

AGAIN!
>>
>>83200325
Varga was right when he said that the ultimate goal of wealth was to become invisible.
>>
>>83200790
He fucking sucks after he drank varga's cum
>>
>>83200248
I liked Ray but he deserved it desu. Emmit's actually done more to help him out than most siblings would do in reality. Ray was so hung up over something that happened ages ago and couldn't let a petty grudge die. He stole 10k, ruined his brother's marriage and hired someone to kill him - he's no good guy. Couldn't handle his brother being the better man (again) and accept the olive branch.
>>
>>83201371
No he's still right. Having money is only good if you can use it over a long period, and if no one asks you for money.
>>
>>83201428
Btw have we confirmed Maurice killed Ennis? Seems like a stretch to glue his nose and mouth shut.
>>
>>83201407
That ain't what happened. And He's only gotten better
>>
>>83201428
But see it really seems that was more or less Swango's doing and sway to him. Like another anon said, her reaction will shed some light on her character but she's really been a Puppeteer to Ray
>>
>be Jew
>enjoying based Varga
>Jews are part animal

Do I still root for him?
>>
>>83201479
I'm confused, has there been anything to hint that it wasn't him?

>>83201547
I thought Nikki would bolt after getting beaten, thinking it the money just isn't worth sticking around with Ray. I'd be disappointed but ultimately not surprised if it's all been one big con.
>>
>>83201521
But I didn't hear piss sounds when he It the mug over his dick. So what was it?
>>
>>83201750
You think he jacked off into the fucking cup? He dipped it balls in it you stupid shit
>>
>>83201716
That depends. Will you notice a difference between sandwich and dick in your mouth?
>>
>>83201733
Not really, he gave the hint to Ray and MEW when he was high that "why would you threaten and armed criminal" and we saw a car pulling up to Ennis' house. It's obvious he killed someone, I just don't think glueing the nose and mouth shut is in his MO as a fuck-up con. I think it's gonna come full-circle
>>
>>83201850
So he was freaking out over just touching his lips to a mug that he had his dick on? Really? His reaction made it seem like it had to be cum/piss but that's all it was? How dumb
>>
>>83201921
If a disgusting fuck like Varga put his presumably hairy balls in your cup, you'd have no problem drinking it?
>>
>>83201407
>posting on tv and never having an orgasm before
sad truly sad
>>
>>83201850
>>83201921

He pissed in the cup, why do you think he was unable to drink it.

Piss is very hard to drink.
>>
>>83201979
He poured the water in after. Had Yuri do it
>>
Have you guys realized the story Thaddeus writes about the astronaut is a parallel to what happens to Ray?
>>
>>83201979
It's an acquired taste.
>>
>>83202065
?
>>
>>83202086

Maybe. My girlfriend pissed on me once and I was so mad I took a shit on her when she was sleeping.
>>
>>83201255

I am pretty sure you don't know what a meme means. Speculating about a show you like isn't a meme.

>>83201322

Hey pal! Why don't you go and take a chill pill, man!
>>
>>83201896
>I just don't think glueing the nose and mouth shut is in his MO as a fuck-up con.

That's something a fuck-up con would think is a cunning way to get information out of someone, (he was looking for the stamp, remember) only to have them die on him as happened.
>>
i didnt realize how little i enjoyed ray until i felt relieved that i wouldnt have to see him every week anymore
>>
>>83200477
That's the point.
The entire show is about irony.
>>
Ray was a whiny bitch who got what was coming for him. He had no grounds to stand on from the very beginning, and when Emmit was willing to mend their relationship--after all the bad shit Ray did to him--Ray still acted like a prick. Emmit was even willing to concede that the stamp was Ray's rightfully, and that wasn't enough for Ray.

I will be sad if something happened to Emmit. Dude doesn't deserve anything that is happening to him.
>>
>>83200313
>not watching for Coon
>>
>>83204700

>get involved with criminals in your legitimate business
>doesn't deserve it

Pick one nigger
>>
>>83205195

He made a stupid mistake. He did not know what he was dealing with.

Incompetence and malice are two different things.
>>
Why dat nigga Emmit look like McNulty?
>>
>>83205238

The "mistake" is the only reason he was successful, so yes maybe he doesn't deserve the situation, but he doesn't deserve the success either.

And I'm not sure how you can defend him after the scene with Varga, Sy and him discussing the 50 million investment, it's very clear that he has less of a problem with it than Sy who isn't exactly a saint either.
>>
>>83201921
Faggot spotted, enjoy your dick mug
>>
>>83202065
Who the fuck did ray ever try to help? The robot turned itself off whilst ray was murdered by his brother. What the fucj are you on?
>>
>>83205316
>The "mistake" is the only reason he was successful, so yes maybe he doesn't deserve the situation, but he doesn't deserve the success either.

Irrelevant to who Emmit is as a person. Yes, he borrowed from some shady people. Yes, it was stupid. Yes, he would have gone under had he not done it. None of that makes him a bad person. Period.

>And I'm not sure how you can defend him after the scene with Varga, Sy and him discussing the 50 million investment, it's very clear that he has less of a problem with it than Sy who isn't exactly a saint either.

He acquiesces in a lose-lose situation. So what?
>>
>>83200325
a britbong with shit taste in fashion and decaying teeth?
>>
>>83200248
this show fucking sucks
i really liked season 1 but this shit just keeps dropping in quality
>dontchakno
ugh
>>
File: Woof.png (1MB, 1405x763px) Image search: [Google]
Woof.png
1MB, 1405x763px
Anyone else notice Yuri holding the wolf mask from the end of episode 5?
>>
>>83201163
is this b8
>>
>>83205624
obviously everyone
>>
>>83205616
You suck
>>
>>83205392
>dick mug
I need to incorporate this in my vocabulary
>>
File: 1476980408159.png (144KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476980408159.png
144KB, 320x320px
>>83202238
>poo poo pee pee
>>
>>83205416
He probably means that Emmit was the robot who couldn't save the astronaut
>>
>>83205616
>t. filtered pleb
The quality drop was S2 and it has been picking up ever since S3 started
>>
>>83205624
Shit I didn't, I was focused on Meemo
>>
>>83206245
same
>>
>oy m8
>*digs in teeth for 8 minutes*

this is really starting to annoy me
>>
File: ray_death.webm (16KB, 88x92px) Image search: [Google]
ray_death.webm
16KB, 88x92px
>>
>>83206254
>>83206245
"Now that nigga speaks like a detective all of sudden."
>>
could someone put the sexy scenes of mary elsabeth from the last episode like the bath scene pls?
>>
Why did Gloria say she was the chief?
>>
>>83200248
>I'm Logan levels of feels right now
fuck you, there was nothing cringey in it
>>
File: this triggers the guard.png (30KB, 445x638px) Image search: [Google]
this triggers the guard.png
30KB, 445x638px
>>83205586
>britbong
>decaying teeth?
Redundant to be honest fa m
>>
File: eef.webm (3MB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
eef.webm
3MB, 640x320px
>>
>>83201186
>Yuri is arrested and is linked back to several murders including one in East Germany,
when he was like 8 year old, at max, retard?
>>
>>83207039
Sometimes they start young
>>
>Varga believes that the first world war was caused by the assassination of some irrelevant archduke
hes bluepilled m8s
>>
>>83206350
great webm
>>
So why didn't Emmit call the police on Varga in the first episode? From what I understand the loan was sketchy but it wasn't completely illegal or else they wouldn't have had a fucking contract
>>
>>83206603
To fuck with him even more.
>Varga googles chief of Eden Valley
>it's a fucking white male!
>my mind is full of fuck.jpg
>>
>>83207659
lel, true, though it won't be a google search,
he/his henchmen will look for the chief personally
>>
>>83200248
Did anyone get Leftovers vibes from the music when Carrie Coon turned the car arround at the end of the episode?
>>
I'm genuinely pretty sad. I wanted him and Nikki to have a happy ending.
>>
>>83200248

seriously. ray was the interesting brother. i figured it was obvious one of the brothers was going to kill the other one what with all the biblical allusions this season but i was hoping it would be emmit getting killed.
>>
>>83209270
neither are sympathetic, unelss you think them being in love is somehow a redeeming quality. All she's done is manipulate him into hating his brother, who was totally in the right.
>>
>>83200477

implying she wouldn't have murdered that manlet chink with the coat hanger. yuri would have killed her though.
>>
>>83208281
Yeah I was thinking that at the end of the episode, was expecting dat signature max richter violin to come in
>>
>>83209345
wew
>>
>>83207039

this show takes place in 2010. the murder took place in 1988 when he was 20.

he's supposed to be 42 in the show. not at all inconceivable.
>>
File: We are for the big.png (3MB, 2856x1558px) Image search: [Google]
We are for the big.png
3MB, 2856x1558px
>>83201092
Emmet is too pure to actually do anything like that.
How I read it is that he actually is the nicest guy in the world but fate conspired to turn him into a criminal.

He's basically what Lester Nygaard only pretended to be.
>>
>>83205710
titties
i suck titties
>>83205857
>watching a shitty television show on FX of all channels makes you patrician
the only good thing on fx thats legit kino is the americans

fargo has been trash this whole season
>all the desperate attempts to reference coen films
>"hey guys remember that part of that movie xD"
>the pandering to reddit
>"hey look at this cute robot"
>lame not intimidating mysterious badguy
>"he guys remember billybob? we miss him too. heres a ugly as sin britbongistanian"

this show is trash
>>
>>83209654
>42
where was that? he (we talk about Yuri, right?) looks 25-30
>>
>>83201055

This scene really triggered me, maybe because I'm fucking tired of retards repeating this bullshit theory IRL.
>>
>>83209866

the actor is 36 man.
>>
>>83209830
>reference coen films
where? Fargo movie was shit compared to the shows. Lester was presented as a pitied loser better than the memeguy in the movie. The thugs were also too simple (one speaks to much, the other is silent but brutal ... HOW EDGY)

let me not continue
>>
>>83209961
thats not 42

and even as 36 wouldn't dress like that retard outfit he does in the show.
>>
>>83209973
The Lebowski reference in the last episode was probably the clunkiest one across all three seasons, really took me out of the moment.
>>
>>83210028

i realize it's not 42 retard, that was in response to you saying he looked 25 to 30.

i'm just saying it's not impossible for him to be 42 in the show, especially considering the actor isn't even that much younger in real life.
>>
>killing the best Stussy
What the fuck
>>
>>83208281

Lou pretty much does the exact same thing in S2 when turns around to go back to the police hideout with this in the background.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJn2b8Pa18
>>
>>83210899
>Russo didn't include track from the start of Rhynoceros
This is a crime against humanity, I'm telling you.
>>
>it's an extremely competent, extremely charismatic philosophic baddie character
Aren't they overdoing it a bit? At least they split Malvo's role in seaon two(with Mike Milligan getting the strategic competence and the charisma and Hanzee getting the bullshit tacticool skills). I like Varga, but he feels a bit stale at this point
>>
>>83200620

I used to do the same thing with wooden toothpicks when I was a kid, just sticking them in for the pain.

Am I Varga now?
>>
>>83211452
And what would be the alternative? A dull, uncharismatic villain?

It's like with James Bond. You don't set him up against some boring slob, at least not usually.

Also I don't think Varga has any tacticool skills. He seems like a desk jockey that likes to push people's buttons, because he has the muscle to back him up.
>>
>>83205092
being a pleb and having shit taste
>>
>>83211741
Sorry I meant that they split Malvo's role starting in season two, with season three too.
>>
>>83211741
Why can't he be just some angry guy with an IQ of 365 with no bible quotes or other insightful stories?
>>
>>83211801
insightful stories help you impress and intimidate dumb civilians like sy and emmit

it's like that scene with yuri where he kept rambling about siberia, what he actually said was of no consequence, he could have talked about anime and gotten his message across
>>
>>83205835
>>83205416
Emmit will an hero
>>
>>83209830
>trying this hard to bait
>>
>>83210028
I know people who dress like that in their fifties, it's not too big of stretch to say a 42 year old would dress like that
>>
>>83200248
>first main character dies by glass shard from a frame box not even deep enough to expose ones neck to even if you tried
fecking stupid kill scene. guess the director needed the stamp to kill him in some way even though it was a goof plot line.
>>
what if ray killed emmit, and pretends to be ray?
and we the viewers are just getting fed the false narrative?
the season will end with ray as emmit just like the beginning with the yuris in east germany.
>>
>>83212471
i actually thought that this would happen and varga would know but have to play along with the switcheroo
>>
>>83200248
>Emmet only wanted to put an end to this silly rivalry
Feels bad man
>>
>>83212746
>Watches and does nothing while his brother bleeds out
>Calls Varga instead of the authorities
Emmett a good boy, he dindu nuffin
>>
>>83212865
>Yes officer, I accidentally pushed the frame in his face and a large chunk of glass got stuck in his throats which he removed and very quickly bled out
>I can go now right?
>>
>>83212929
Emmett was talking in that scene about how he's such an upstanding citizen and always deals with people fairly but then five minutes later he's conspiring to cover up his brother's murder. In all honesty he's a bigger piece of shit than Ray - at least Ray had the excuse that he was mesmerized by a 10/10.
>>
the season is running into common tv series problem of plot progression up to a certain point and then episodes of digression with fucking stupid shock endings. as if the writers have gone on strike. camera, scene, actors, nothing interesting happening.
>>
>>83212499
That actually might have been really interesting, sadly it`s not what we`ve got
>>
>>83212968
A piece of shit brother put him in that situation to begin with. Ray hires a nutcase to rob his brother who kills an innocent man (indirectly his fault), breaks into his deposit box via fraud, and has his family think he's an adulterer by framing him with a sex tape. Carga already has him on lockdown and given the circumstances of rivalry, there's no point calling the police. Ray died the second he pulled out the shard, and only retards would blame mike
>>
>>83213065
>they literally want more twin play plot episodes
good to see /tv/ is a normie cesspool now
>>
>>83200248
No, he didn't deserve it but he was in the wrong. Emmet was right, he himself is a good, likable man and there was no coldhearted businessman underneath a facade of niceties. Ray was a childish asshole who blamed everyone but himself for his problems, there was no tough but fair cop trying to do the right thing underneath.
>>
>>83212499
How would Ray know about Varga though?
>>
Varga is a conman theory:
V.M. creates an impression of an extremely powerful, connected criminal with huge wealth and unlimited reach. However, is he really?
Pros:
>Extremely verbose, a lot of talk about his wealth, name dropping dictators as if he personally knows them
>The organization that he is supposed to be representing is never shown or explained.
>Claims to have "fake books with endless stream of shell companies and offshore bank account" to fool IRS but eventually just uses a henchman to tell him to go away.
> Just 2 henchmen.
> Despite making a show out of bringing the equipment inside Emmit`s office, with what seems to be thousands of boxes, only those two henchmen ever go there.
>heavily implies that he wants to use Stussy Lots for money laundering, after he increases the volume of the company, however what he`s done so far was become a full partner and convince Emmit to take out huge loans

Cons
> He doesn`t get stalled at murdering people, which goes against typical portrayal of a conman. Actually this is the only argument that goes against this theory.
>If the organization doesn`t exist then it was in fact Varga who gave Emmit this loan, which indicates he is in fact, rich. Doesn`t negate the conman theory, he might have couple of millions, but he is after 50 and more.

Other:
> Varga doesn`t seem like a type to be of some high caliber when it comes to IT, so he is getting his software and hacking help from someone. It doesn`t negate the conman theory through.
>>
>>83213141
As opposed to what, my patrician friend of distinguished taste?
>>
>>83201186
Mr. Wrench?!?! Wait is he coming back? If so holy shit hyped
>>
>>83209973
>he is such a pleb that he cant make out all the references to many many different coen bros movies, ones that have nothing to do with fargo
>>83212217
>this much denial
you are deluded
>>
>>83201921
>So he was freaking out over just touching his lips to a mug that he had his dick on?

Yes, why wouldn't he freak out after being forced to drink from a mug that was rubbed with balls? That's disgusting in its own right.

I think only women and homosexuals would call that overreaction.
>>
>>83213521
doing it once or twice as was done
if you use the same gimmick three times than
it becomes hokey. i also thought they'd do more
twin shit but other ways were found to ruin the season obviously
>>
>>83201281
Are we still doing the summer may-may? It seems like it's summer all year nowadays.
>>
>>83212499
I thought that Varga would eliminate Emmit because he'd start rebelling and put Ray in his place thinking he would be easier to control. Ray would play along at first but then MEW would get greedy and try to screw Varga, which would get her killed. Then through usual Fargo protagonist luck Ray and Gloria would kill Varga and his henchmen
>>
>>83201850

it was piss you retard. he gagged when he first drank it.
>>
>>83217277
Its not. He doesn't make a pissing sound and a second later he tells Yuri to get Sy a drink. Fuck off
>>
>>83215952
I never figured Ray would get a good ending. Emmit was the good brother all along, and there were no hidden depths to either despite what Ray said. Ray was a shithead and those kinds of people don't win in Fargo. Fargo is one of the cleanest examples you can find of good things coming to good people. Some good people die, but evil, or even just pettiness, doesn't triumph.

Before you mention Hanzee, remember that he was evil that triumphed over another evil, not over good.
>>
>>83217353

you're literally retarded. who cares if he made a pissing sound they obviously implied that he pissed in the cup. it wouldn't have been such a huge deal for sy to drink it if he just dipped his balls in it. jesus christ.
>>
>>83217752
>it wouldn't have been such a huge deal for sy to drink it if he just dipped his balls in it.

Anon, would you willingly drink water out of a cup that you know for a fact someone put their hairy sweaty balls in?
>>
>>83217752
>Who cares if the only thing I would have to back up what I'm saying isn't what happened.
You're an idiot to the highest degree. He dipped his balls in the cup and twisted it around. A pissing sound is pretty damn important. Re-watch the scene
>>
>>83217798

not willingly obviously but if i was under duress and a sociopathic russian dude was forcing me to i wouldn't gag the second my mouth hit the liquid like sy did.

i'm amazed there are people that thought it wasn't piss like this guy>>83217896

he's fucking retarded. every other message board or anyplace i've read about the episode nearly everyone agreed it was piss.
>>
>>83218060
seriously rewatch the scene. There was nothing to say it was more than him rubbing his balls in it.
>>
>>83218060
>Varga rubs his balls in the cup, it makes a pop when he takes them out.
>No pissing sound
>Yuri gets the glass and you can hear him pour the water in it.
>>
>>83204490
>Show is called Fargo
>Ray didn't "go far".
>>
>>83218215

believe whatever you want to believe if it helps you sleep at night.

you're completely wrong though. i would tweet hawley so that he could tell you you're wrong but this thread will 404 before he answers.
>>
>>83218897
I literally just watched the scene. Yuri pours water in the cup. You can't give one piece of evidence that he does pee in the cup
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwL5Q02uwDE
>>
>>83209866
He kills his girlfriend in the flashback, fuckwit. You think he had a 20 year old girlfriend at the age of 8?
>>
>>83210137
What was it?
>>
>>83209951
It's a joke m8. The whole point was how Varga tells a lie to make it seem true.
>>
File: varga.png (485KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
varga.png
485KB, 480x800px
>>83200313
>>
>>83211741
What I really like about Varga is that unlike Mike, Hanzee and Malvo, he seems genuinely nervous about the presence of the cops. I think he's completely full of shit, and his whole persona is an act that he can only enforce through Yuri and Meemo. Once he's outed/ exposed, he'll be fucked.
>>
>>83219391
This. I doubt he's really that powerful. His entire thing is about the perception of truth, and cops probably aren't as fooled by what he wants to be perceived as
>>
>>83219383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIgfiSzCy1o
>>
>>83209866
>>83210028
The actor easily looks 40ish, which makes sense considering the actor is only a few years shy of 40 himself.

How are people always so shit at estimating ages?
>>
>>83219313
>He kills his girlfriend in the flashback
when did that happen? episode, minute?
>>
>>83219391
>he's fucking retarded. every other message board or anyplace i've read about the episode nearly everyone agreed it was piss.

>the way he treated Gloria and her partner

holy shit it was like a teacher herding small children

>and your name is
>well I never gaveyou my name did I?

>the hitler defense

Felt weird that he'd outright try to antagonize her rather than play it cool but I guess he sensed that she was trying to intimidate Emmit with her presence so he took away any authority she might have.
>>
>>83213568
>n-no you xd
>>
>>83219391
>he's completely full of shit
he sure is, but Gloria see through that

>there were 24 Hitler in the phonebook
>24? exactly?

though Mac did deceive her with the "kids"
>>
>>83220364

Her lack of access to computers makes her a bit naïve on some things but she's otherwise very competent.
>>
I really liked Varga trying to be an impressive badass but Gloria didn't give a single fuck so Varga's intimidation technique just blew up in his face
>>
>>83220842

The thing is she didn't exactly win that confrontation either, other than Varga being on her radar under suspicious now, she didn't really get any new or relevant info about Ray or Emmit.
>>
>>83201186
I dunno about the other stuff,but it would almost save the season if Wrench returns along with his theme,of course. Imagine hearing those drums and him killing people...
>>
>>83220948
That's true but it freaked Varga out enough that he had to look her up, which lead to him being more freaked out when there was no info on her at all.

So Gloria walks away with what is pretty much a confirmation that some weird illegal shit is happening at stussy and it killed her stepdad, and Varga walks away with nothing but heightened panic.

If Varga had just shut the fuck up Ray and his girlfriend would be dead and the case would be over.
>>
>>83221039
This season is great, it doesn't need saving. The only problem is that Episode 3 screwed with the overall pacing problem. We should just be hitting episode 6 IMO
>>
>>83200248
So who do you guys like better, Varga or Lorne
I'm leaning towards Varga I think as long as he stays as good as he is now
>>
>>83221039
how does he fit in the Peter and the wolf theme?
>>
>>83221383
lorne holy shit m8
>>
>>83221383

They're both so different that it's hard to choose, Varga is definitely more grimy of the two, he's like this thick wave of sludge that gets all over you and you can't pull away from and then it actively pulls you in and starts to choke you.
>>
>>83221383
Lorne was just too good at everything imo senpai
>>83221039
That Wrench&Numbers theme out of nowhere before the snow storm shootout was absolutely fantastic
>>
File: fargo3roles.jpg (391KB, 2249x1752px) Image search: [Google]
fargo3roles.jpg
391KB, 2249x1752px
>>
>>83200248
Ray was a loser, got what he deserved. What really broke my heart was Emmit having to deal with the accidental murder of his own brother despite all he ever did to help him.

Emmit is the real good guy.
>>
>>83222867
This is so fucking wrong
>>
>>83205857
season 2 is by far the best season
>>
File: based god.jpg (39KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
based god.jpg
39KB, 768x433px
>>83210899
>slams door
>this starts playing

>ed looks out the window
>lou and hank appear
>this starts playing

HYPE AS FUCK AHHH
>>
>>83211452
varga is the most unique of the three. he doesnt do any combat as of yet, his entire villainous natures is watching, listening, waiting, and manipulating. totally different than malvo and hanzee, the killing machines, and his only tie to milligan is they're both educated. but milligan this was unexpected because he was a mid level head smasher (and black), so it fit into his character of being a guy with ambition.

varga is just the spider at the middle of the web that knows everything and controls everyone
>>
Former KGB agent uses American real estate developer as a puppet

The Illuminati are making fun of us again
>>
>>83219349
Not him but probably the one saying Lenin's entire name a la Walter Sobchek.
>>
>>83213493
alternatively, he is just good at IT and hacking/surveillance from previous experience (possibly with the soviet union, kgb, would explain his picture of stalin and maybe even his connection to Yuri) and uses that to help his con
>>
File: lous wife.jpg (2MB, 3000x2249px) Image search: [Google]
lous wife.jpg
2MB, 3000x2249px
>>83217641
he killed Ed though, the most did-literally-nothing-wrong character in the series
>>
>>83224808
i agree but vargas using google looked like my grampa using google.
not some tech wiz that knows all the secret channels.
>>
>>83224945
I disagree. He looked just like typical Vargas. The google/facebook thing was a commentary from the writers that everybody posts their personal info online for everyone with a minimum of tech skills to see.
>>
>>83209951
It's true though. We DID go to the moon, but they had Kubrick film stuff here.
>>
What's in the truck?
>>
>>83225335
His base of operations
>>
>the entire season /tv/ has been debating whether nikki actually loves ray or is just manipulating him into getting some cash
>now she's being framed for the latter while the former being the actual truth

pottery
>>
>>83225335
have you even watched the last episodes?
>>
>>83226587
>while the former being the actual truth
still not proved.
>>
>>83222867
Why would Sy be Chaotic Evil? He's probably the most innocent of all. He would be Chaotic Good
>>
>>83206350

What does this mean

That he's actually alive?
>>
>>83227281
Sy is a killer.

Remember when he begs Emmit to let him do his thing? He stopped doing it but he killed a lot of people before.
>>
>>83227943
What the fuck are you talking about. Its pretty clear he doesn't have the guts to kill anybody. Can't believe idiots like you are the people watching the shoe
>>
>>83222867
This is wronk. Varga is neutral evil, new chief is lawful evil, Emmit is neutral good. Ennis was neutral. There is no chaotic evil. The problem with these charts is that they want someone to fit every alignment when they don't have to.
>>
>>83227943
literally never insinuated at any point. when he says "youve kept me on the leash" he's just blowing hot air out. he doesnt have the sack to kill anyone only make deals
>>
>>83222867

>Sy
>chaotic evil
>chaotic
>evil
>>
>>83220364
I had a different view on that scene.

I think Varga represents the singularity, all the electronic data and information available from the internet.

He's some kind of otherworldly representation of computers in the 21st century.

Naturally Gloria is his arch nemesis.

People were pointing out the scene where he's googling Gloria and isn't doing a good job. Varga IS Google.

Maybe some kind of alien or future person?
>>
Why do people talk about Hanzee like he was a villain? He was a wild card at most. I personally wouldn't blame him for destroying the family that was using him like a hunter's dog.
>>
>>83228137
think on it, he IS chaotic
calming Emmit, that he will solve everything -> no he doesnt
plays the though guy to Ray -> drinks piss
goes threatening Nikki -> ends up trying to bribe her
>>
>>83228445
He is Chaotic Good or Neutral, sure. Not evil
>>
Awesome thread...lotsa good insights
I love this season (like always)
>>
>>83228530
seperating the brothers, and acting like a bully is not evil? he isn't good in it, but still, the will was there.
>>
Alright boys lets settle this: now that the momentum is REALLY moving in this season, how would you rank them all?

>Personally
2>film>3>1
>>
>>83229082
I don't know man, last season was my favorite.... so far. Billy Bob killed it in 1, but on the whole ranks not as good as last year.
kinda hard to lump the movie in...it stands on its own
>>
File: IMG_3572.jpg (69KB, 750x702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3572.jpg
69KB, 750x702px
>>83205857
>the quality drop was S2
>>
>>83228144
>He's some kind of otherworldly representation of computers in the 21st century.
My bet is that you're in for subversion.
Like Malvo seemed Devil himself just to die in a remote shithole. Or Milligan pretended to know what he's doing, only to achieve worse than nothing.
If you think about it, Varga's superpower seem to be ability to google things, and having 2 henchmen.
>>
>>83228932
no, it's not evil
>>
if Wednesday is Odin and Shadow moon is thor

is varga loki?
>>
>>83228932
No, because Ray is objectively a nuisance for his best friend. Ray is like a leech and Sy knows it.
>>
>>83229082
2>1>3
But they're all pretty close IMO
>>
>>83207414
>So why didn't Emmit call the police on Varga in the first episode? From what I understand the loan was sketchy but it wasn't completely illegal or else they wouldn't have had a fucking contract

They hadn't claimed nor payed any taxes on the million dollar loan.
>>
File: Fargo-Hanzee alien abduction.jpg (28KB, 700x392px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo-Hanzee alien abduction.jpg
28KB, 700x392px
>>83217641
>Before you mention Hanzee, remember that he was evil that triumphed over another evil, not over good.

And don't forget, Hanzee was kidnapped and brain-washed by aliens.
>>
File: Sy.jpg (56KB, 720x349px) Image search: [Google]
Sy.jpg
56KB, 720x349px
>>83228445
>think on it, he {Sy] IS chaotic

He's a lawyer, they're all about the law.

What we've seen of Sy doesn't point to him being inherently evil, just someone who is in way over their head and desperately floundering for a way out.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (24KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
24KB, 499x499px
>>83207094
underrated
>>
>>83206603
she's confused about it, the reality that she's not the chief anymore hasn't fully met her.
This has been a problem for her in the past but will probably save her life now. Mistaken identity. Wrong number, if you catch my drift.
>>
>>83232292
Okay no. It was a power play against an intimidating character. She's corrected everyone in the past who called her chief, but when Varga gives her a name lower (detective) she "corrects" him
>>
File: literally reddit.png (241KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
literally reddit.png
241KB, 640x640px
>>83209830
>all robots are reddit now
I made pic related but I didn't think anyone would take it seriously
>lame not intimidating mysterious badguy
How is he lame and not intimidating?
>>
File: 1495349145571.jpg (192KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495349145571.jpg
192KB, 1080x1080px
>>83212968
>a 10/10
>>
>>83218448
is that, dare I say, pottery?
>>
>Final scene with Varga is him being loaded into a police car as Sy points at him from his Hummer
>police realize he's the owner of the car involved in the hit and run and he gets arrested too
>>
File: Fargo303M.webm (3MB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fargo303M.webm
3MB, 800x400px
>>83232593
i made this but nobody likes it
>>
>>83221166
>That's true but it freaked Varga out enough that he had to look her up
he probably does that with every LEO that comes his way
>>
>>83221166
>If Varga had just shut the fuck up Ray and his girlfriend would be dead and the case would be over.
how so? Emmit didn't decide to give him the stamp because of Varga but because of Gloria informing him that maybe Ennis was killed because of the stamp
>>
>>83228023
how is the new chief evil?
>>
File: Vargas.png (451KB, 403x570px) Image search: [Google]
Vargas.png
451KB, 403x570px
I don't want my guy to die, /tv/. Can't they let the bad guy get away with it for once?
>>
>>83234225
Neither Hanzee or Milligan died in Season 2
>>
>>83213493
it certainly seems like it

it could be that the million he loaned them was conned in a similar manner out of another company

he'll probably siphon off that 50m and be gone
>>
>>83224454
>>83229269
>literally aliens appearing as some deus-ex-machina entity in the most convenient moments due to lazy writing
>good
>>
>>83230575
a lawyer doesn't have to be lawful though
he isn't chuck mcgill
>>
>>83234557
Wew. Pleb status: Filtered.
>>
>>83201921
>>83201979
fuck seriously?

if it was anything other than just rubbing his balls in it they'd have made a point of demonstrating it

why would they have the russian pour water into the cup if it had piss already in it?

literally retarded, i swear it's just phone posters who aren't paying attention to the show who make comments like this
>>
>>83232292
>Wrong number
hotline miami?
makes sense with the whole wolf mask thing
>>
>>83200248
Hawley writes, directs, and even sings the covers at the end of some episodes

talented motherfucker
>>
>>83234617
nah, actually the opposite
plebs and normalfags love UFO shit
>>
>>83234557
It really doesn't ruin anything though. Its not some half-baked thing, its literally engrained in the entire season. Personally I'm not sure whether or not I like it, but I don't hate it and don't think it ruins anything. Shows even more balls that Hawley straight up has said it was real.
>>
>>83233101
I don't care what any one says, that "I can help" shit was kino as fuck
>>
>>83234689
>Shows even more balls that Hawley straight up has said it was real.
actually it makes it sound even more retarded
it takes the Fargo out of Fargo
i don't mind fantasy shit in Stranger Things for example, but Fargo is supposed to be about possible but improbable things
>>
>>83234725
The episode itself was kino as fuck, but it really fucked up the pacing. Single handedly ruined Season 3's chance to be as good as Season 1 and 2.
>>83234657
That ain't true
>>
>>83234810
I like the idea of the episode, to establish backstory for the deceased character whose death pretty much creates the backstory for the entire season. But I can also see why a lot of people didn't like it, how it didn't fit in with the rest of the plot at all and featured none of the characters. It was ambitious, and I give it credit for playing semi-homage to Barton Fink, but it probably could have been handled as a smaller arc for a single episode
>>
>>83234797
I would agree with you, but its done so well and contributes hugely to everything that happens in the story. It's a direct reference to A serious Man I think, and its been made clear this isn't just Fargo. Noah uses it as a structure before using other Coen brother movies.
>>
>>83234810
>muh ruined pacing
you're the pleb, stop projecting
I bet you're one of those plebs who watch kino at 1.25x
>>
>>83200313
"You've got a fat wife"
>>
>>83234877
I don't care for reused crap only for "muh references" or to emulate the Coens. I judge Fargo the TV series in its own right.
>>
>>83234657
Your surface level grasp as to the aliens purpose in the story and why they were in the story tells me that you are what you despise. Most normalfags were confused by the aliens. You recoil at them because they clash with the setting and think yourself a proper analyst for pointing that out.
>>
>>83234946
>I judge Fargo the TV series in its own right.
>but Fargo is supposed to be about possible but improbable things
Apparently you don't
Again, its not strictly Fargo, he just uses it as a baseline to jump off of.
>>83234908
What? I love this season and that episode, but when you only have 10 episodes in a season and up until that point nothing had really moved the plot forward, and you spend the whole episode with a character that still isn't getting their due, yeah its gonna feel a bit off.
>>
File: 1495129597868.jpg (77KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495129597868.jpg
77KB, 1280x640px
>Uses publicly available info to doxx undesirables
>calls out and trolls cucks
>distrusts kikes
>hates fatties
>puts feminists pretending to be cops in their place
>knows a fake moon landing was filmed
>knows the precise number of Hitlers in the world at any given time
Is Varga, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
>>83235043
>Apparently you don't
Season 1 set the course, that's what I meant by it.
>>
>>83235091
And Season 2 expanded on it. You really want Hawley to not explore anything? You want the same thing every season slightly different. Fuck off. Seriously. Its one thing to not like it, but acting like they shouldn't do anything new is disgusting.
>>
>>83235144
I didn't say they shouldn't do anything new, I said I want Fargo to stay true to itself. Might as well throw some Harry Potter in the mix as well just for the sake of doing "something new", right? Possible things are always more exciting than unbelievable stuff. Hell, they could have thrown some tinfoil there too.
>>
>>83235226
How is it not staying true to itself? Its an anthology, each season is gonna be different. Again, its not like it was lazily thrown in. It was very very obviously engrained in the whole season. There's a difference between aliens used like they were and magic. If Aliens were literally just at the beginning and end, you'd have a point of it being off, but it wasn't
>>
>>83235369
>There's a difference between aliens used like they were and magic.
protip: there isn't
both are /x/ tier
>>
>>83235500
Your an idiot
>>
>>83235548
You're waifu a shit
>>
>>83235226
>I said I want Fargo to stay true to itself.

The aliens storyline is true to Fargo, which is rooted in the real world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Johnson_incident
>>
>>83235690
how would he know how long he was unconscious and how long the clocks were stopped? Fake and gay
>>
>>83235369
no, they wrote just enough to get morons like you to be okay with a godlike third party to intercede on behalf of the character with indestructible plot armor.
>>
Season 2 was like watching 10 hours worth of Signs. I hated it.
>>
>>83236167
If that's all you took away from the inclusion of aliens, you obviously just don't get it. Its not like they couldn't have found an easier solution to save Lou, it was a very conscious choice.
>>
>>83236286
a very conscious choice to utterly destroy any semblance of realism
>>
>>83236305
I can't argue with literal mouthbreathers anymore
>>
File: mouth breather.webm (288KB, 228x236px) Image search: [Google]
mouth breather.webm
288KB, 228x236px
>>83236395
>t. mouthbreather
>>
>>83234657
absolutely false. all the normals think exactly like you do

>wtf??? aliens??? this is bullshit aliens are stupid wtf?!?!?
>>
>>83213493
but he did loan EMMIT $1M
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.