[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got back from seeing ALIEN covenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 40

File: neo.jpg (553KB, 1609x873px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
553KB, 1609x873px
>why was david crying when he killed those engineers
>dood lets have te aliums appear for 4.5 mins of screentime lmao
>dood lets spend our budget on a flashback xD
>member cameron's depiction of how the aliens should act? well we do that here hehe
>what if we hire franco so he can be burned after being on screen pretending to sleep for 12 seconds rofl
>lets fast forward the action so no one can tell whats going on teehee
>>
still not as cringey as the dialogue.

>land on an alien planet
>"hol up guys hol up a sec"
>"just listen"
>"its too quiet, there's no birds"

MOTHERFUCKER YOU JUST LANDED ON THIS PLANET WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK IT HAS BIRDS
>>
>>83197667
wheat = birds dumbass
>>
>>83197843
Did david feed the wheat to Shaw to keep her alive while he experimented on her?
>>
>>83196908
Don't forget the whole part where David reveals himself as the villain to the captain, invites the captain to his evil laboratory, and the idiot captain actually follows him and does everything David tells him to do.
>>
>arrive on unknown planet
>it has almost the same atmosphere as Earth
>Ok guys we're good, no need for helmets

fucking stupid
>>
>>83197934
It's not like the captain has seen previous aliens movies.
>>
>>83196908
>>dood lets have te aliums appear for 4.5 mins of screentime lmao
whats the problem with this.
>>
>>83197995
>Went to that planet explicitly because it had an earth-like atmosphere

It wasn't a coincidence
>>
>>83197934
As a person who had very high hopes for this movie, that scene really ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>83198043
I know it wasn't a coincidence, but the notion that an Earth-like planet would evolve in the same exact way as Earth and have identical pathogens, allergens, etc. is fucking retarded.
>>
>>83198041
the majority of the rest of screen time is uninteresting - ten min recorder lesson ;)
>>
>>83198010
When the robot reveals he's the one who made the aliens who are slaughtering your crew and is planning on making more then you don't need to have seen alien movies to know to shoot that robot in the face.
>>
>>83197934
Kill meeeee

>>83196908
>4.5 minutes of screentime
They had much more than that bro
>>
>>83198041
I think the problem was partly screentime, and partly something else. The neomorph scenes from the beginning of the movie (from the time the first guy gets infected by the black dust, up until the shuttle explodes and David comes to the rescue) were tense as fuck and very well done. Those aliens seemed like a scary, formidable enemy.

Fast-forward to the xenomorphs. A creature that used antagonize Ripley for an entire 2+ hour film is now easily dealt with when mary sue and billy-bob hatch a spur of the moment plan. The xenos in the movie didn't seem scary at all. There was literally zero tension in the xeno scenes, and they were clearly only tacked on so they could put a xeno on the poster and sell more tickets.

My personal opinion:
This would've been a much better film if the neomorphs were the main enemy throughout the entirety of it. Save the xeno shit for another flick.
>>
>>83198139
i found the alien scenes the most boring.
>>
Why didn't they find this planet in the first place? I was expecting some sort of revelation regarding this since they seemed to go out of their way to say they looked everywhere and didn't find that specific planet.
>>
>>83198194
Yeah but instead he decides to follow the robot into the pitch black basement, and proceeds to put his head right next to a bizarre egg because the robot tells him to.....I seriously cannot stress enough how stupidly this script must've been written
>>
>>83198395
They had a "gee, this planet didn't even show up on our scanners wtf" moment. It's called plot-induced-stupidity, anon. This film has tons of it.
>>
>>83198339
This desu. Also the bit where David tried to tame one was very cool. Would have been interesting if he had a pet or two. But no, they had to go full on Aliens action shite
>>
>all you fucking dumbasses wondering why they all obeyed David's commands
THEY THOUGHT HE WAS A FUCKING WALTER MODEL WHO ALWAYS OBEYS YOUR COMMANDS AND ALWAYS TELLS YOU THE TRUTH
EVEN IF CRUDUP DID TRY TO SHOOT DAVID HE WOULD HAVE CLOSED THE DISTANCE IN A HEARTBEAT AND FUCKING SLAPPED HIM ACROSS THE ROOM
>>
>>83198850
sounds dumb desu
>>
>>83198395
Planetwide storms hiding the atmosphere
>>
>>83198194
>>83198395

Did they know he was a robot? I can't remember if he revealed that to them...
>>
>>83198850

What would they have lost by killing him?
>>
>>83198339
>This would've been a much better film if the neomorphs were the main enemy throughout the entirety of it. Save the xeno shit for another flick.

Agreed totally. The neomorphs and David made this movie for me. The ending was drawn out and unnecessary.

>>83198349
Also agreed
>>
>>8319833
nail'd it

also I know it's as basic to change the color, but the flesh coloured ones freak me out.
>>
>Neomorphs

>small and pink

>David wants to continue his research to improve upon it

>finally succeeds in making the perfect organism

>big and black

What did Ridley Scott mean by this?
>>
Why did exposure to the black goo create neomorphs when it's already been established that it creates zombies and/or squid babies?
>>
>>83197934
>>83198044
I know it's very easy to get angry about stupid human behavior like that, but have you guys ever heard of the Stanford Prison Experiment? Or that Mcdonalds prank call story? Humans can and do very stupid things, especially under duress -- when the critical thinking goes out the window.

All of us would like to believe that we wouldn't be as stupid as the Captain, but it's just speculation.
>>
File: 1494429118074.jpg (62KB, 702x395px) Image search: [Google]
1494429118074.jpg
62KB, 702x395px
You play on my skin flute while I do the fingering.
>>
>>83199121
The actual results from different types of exposure to the goo are muddled as fuck and I honestly have no idea what's going on with it. I don't think Ridley does, either.
>>
>>83199128
FUCKING HUMIES
STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY WHEAT
SCREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83199125
Mcdonalds prank call story?

I agree with what you say though. Some of it is action under duress, but I think some of it is hindsight idiots who think something isn't stupid until it comes back to bite a character in the ass.
>>
>>83198964
Do you have down syndrome? He's a carbon copy of the robot on board their ship. It seems like David is the first successful android. I'm sure every human should be able to recognize him.
>>
>>83199121
It's explained that different strains evolved from the black goo infecting different life forms and that David has been working on a perfect strain which created the face hugger eggs
>>
i want my money back reeeee
>>
>>83199223
>Do you have down syndrome?

yes, what of it?
>>
>>83199218
>Mcdonalds prank call story

http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=1297922&page=1

tl;dr a Mcdonald's manager shuts down his restaurant and puts a female teenage employee under a citizen's arrest, strip searches her, and nearly rapes her because a prank caller, pretending to be a cop, told him to do it.

I think they paid millions to the girl afterwards. Oh, and the prank caller had gotten away with smaller pranks before this one, for years.

Yeah, that's the human race.
>>
File: 1458813876119.png (177KB, 708x520px) Image search: [Google]
1458813876119.png
177KB, 708x520px
I liked it
>>
File: 1491548194467.png (597KB, 691x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491548194467.png
597KB, 691x635px
>>83199370
>his restaurant
I can't fucking believe it but it was actually a girl. She called in several dudes, only one of them stayed and performed "a sexual act." Fuckin' insane.
>>
>>83199125
Yes anon, but this guy is not supposed to be your average McDonald's employee or brute prisoner. These people on this mission are supposed to be the very best of the best who were chosen for a very important task of traveling across the universe (think of NASA) onboard a complex spacecraft that I would imagine requires an extensive amount of literal rocket science just to comprehend. I get the point that your making, but these character mistakes seemed a bit too lame even considering it's just a simple slasher film.
>>
I would also argue that having an antagonist such as the xenomorph, a creature that stalks its prey and uses vents/celings and mostly just vents, who is shown very little in most of the films (save the avp movies and Alien Rez) so much and in cgi kinda doesn't work so well. Why is the fight scene so well lit so we can see the xeno all the time? Is it so we can see how bad it looks? Is that your plan Ridley?
>>
>>83199125
dude we're all dumb animals that's why the government should do everything!
>>
>>83199659
The dude was actually her fiance
>>
So Albino xenos kill to eat, while the original xenos just kill to kill. Why are they so autistic?
>>
>>83199992
cuz they're black
>>
How does avp fit into this? They had flashbacks of aliens fighting predators in our past. Or is avp not cannon?
>>
>>83199080
>neomorph spores are like an airborne pathogen and reproduce effectively
>xenomorph eggs practically require the charity of stupid people
Yup theyre black alright
>>
>>83199125
He literally told him not to shoot a xenomorph standing next to a slain crewmember
>>
So I solved the wheat paradox:

It is actually native to the Engineers home world. They had visited Earth and found their creation struggling to even survive because they hadn't figured out domestication of plants. So the Engineers gifted them the wheat from their planet and boom, agriculture.
>>
jesus is every poster going to say the same criticisms every thread? yes, they didn't know the atmosphere was safe. yes, how did the computer not recognize david and then recognize david? how did the wheat survive when there were aliens? why did the aliens grow so fast? why was there a gay robot flute scene? the movie has tons of plot holes but you guys just go over the same ones. the problem with the movie is the focus on david instead of building interesting relationships with the humans, and the terrible dialogue.
>>
>>83200870
The dude was in shock from losing his wife or girlfriend minutes before, and probably didn't even have the time to process that another one of his crewmates had been slain. Again, as stupid as he is for trusting Le Evil Robot, there is some understanding for his stupidity, from a psychology point of view.
>>
>>83199080
David = jews
Humans = current civ jews reside in - dumb goys
Xenos = concept of miscegenation creating a more useful jewish controlled species ie golem
>>
>>83199128
lol this moment was extremely sus
>>
>>83201011
no it's not, you dont know anything about psychology
>>
>>83201114
cool argument, bruh. it's not even so much as psychology, but biology. a person under duress cannot think properly because of an overly stimulated sympathic nervous system, or 'fight or flight' response. You cease being a logic processing human once that emergency system is activated, and just go into a stupid evolutionary chimp mode.
>>
Am I the only one who wants to hardcore make out with Katerine Waterston?

Didn't think she was all that in Inherent Vice but she's got some kind of magnetic appeal despite not being crazy hot.

Think it's the big, dumb, sad eyes really doing it for me.
>>
>>83201198
>im 12 and a wikipedia expert
>>
>>83201201
Id much rather make out with noomie rapace to be honest
>>
>>83201201
imagine taking her out on a date, watching her laugh while you talk about silly stuff, watching her big beautiful eyes go bright when you tell her something personal about your childhood or how much you love your dogs.
>>
>>83201217
Do you plan presenting a counterargument, or are you just going to shitpost about your TV tropes critique? You're literally not even engaging in a conversation with me. You're just being like a 12 year old and spewing an opinion I can read on TV tropes.
>>
>>83201298
>counterargument
>implying you made an argument warranting refutation
>>
File: 02a56e68f58ef613-600x400.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
02a56e68f58ef613-600x400.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
>>83201201
Thought the movie was shit besides btw aside from her and James Franco's dying making me laugh.
What a terrible franchise can't wait for them to ruin Blade Runner as well
>>83201261
Really? Idk Noomi's not all that imo. Cute but no sadgirl appeal.
>>83201268
And when I show her my facehugger yo.
>>
>>83201201
shes so cute :(
>>
>>83200475
Anyone know or are people just going to be retarded the whole time
>>
>>83201336
oh fuck me shes just 2 cute.
>>
>>83201424
>avp
dude are you mentally ill or a literal manchild? alien versus predator is the worst idea someone could have had, its like yeah how about this he-man/thundercats crossover? wouldnt it be AWESOME?

tl;dr dont be a manchild.
>>
>>83201424
somehow I dont think avp continuity is the top of their list
>>
Q T
T
>>
>>83200475
No canon, but if it was canon it would improve the Alien franchise tenfold.
I just watched Convent too, I personally think it's worse than Prometheus.

>>83201198
Twice in my life I've been witness of people getting their fingers amputate by machinery. Once of someone getting run over and having his legs crushed by a heavy truck.
Once of one kid being dragged by horse through a road of gravel and rocks, literally shredding his skin to the bone.
Once of a group of tourist getting hit by lighting during in a storm as they took refugee under a tree.

None of people present froze up and stopped being functional in any of the cases and they weren't even trained personal, they were just regular guys and even my mom was present in some of the cases.
The worst thing that happened was someone feeling dizzy from seeing all the blood.
>>
>>83201011
>Waifu dead
>Crewmate dead
>Evil murder creature right next to them
>But I'm in shock, surely I wouldn't want revenge
>Scared people don't do rash violent things like shooting at terrifying monsters, no. That would be retarded.
>>
>>83201389
>>83201435
>>83201595
Ikr
>>
>>83201522
Worst idea or not it's part of the films. That can't be argued and until a director writes the movies out or someone else says "yeah they are not a part of it". Thanks for not actually answering, I'm sorry I didn't realize you'd take so much offense to me calling the current discussion retarded.
>>83201578
This at least seems more interesting than man children jerk off to a doe eyed chick who was one of the least interesting parts of the film.
>>
>>83201619
Do we have writing or someone saying it's not in? I'm curious as it's the first I'm hearing of it as we already know it's cannon predators hunt aliens.
>>
>>83201626
Every person in shock reacts differently. That's Psy 101. I can shoot dead your grandma right in front of you, and you might bash my skull in, but your sibling, having witnessed the same thing, might just stand there motionless like a zombie i.e. curl up into a ball.
>>
File: psyops_poster[1].jpg (77KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
psyops_poster[1].jpg
77KB, 480x640px
>>83201752
>psy 101
srsly tho pls stop larping as a psychologist they have a bad enough reputation already
>>
>>83198440
I literally laughed in the theater at this point and my girlfriend[ /spoiler] hit me in the ribs
>>
>>83201823
How about you shut your stupid fucking mouth or present a compelling counter-claim with a logically coherent argument instead of shit posting. I must've taken at least 20 Psy courses before switching majors to a field with more realistic job prospects. I would have to also present myself as a qualified psychologist, wit ha Psy.D. degree to actually count as 'LARPing'. Merely, expressing my opinions from my knowledge base doesn't count.
>>
>>83201693
>b-but muh predalien
found the actual manchild.
>>
>>83201930
not him but, holy shit lmaoooooo.

now, whats your point youre defending? its unclear, please explain it thorough. actual shrink here, im gonna bust your ass so good, please expand on your point.
>>
>>83201930
>I must've taken at least 20 Psy courses before switching majors to a field with more realistic job prospects
thank god
>>
>>83201942
So you can't answer. A simpler answer to all of this could have been "I don't know hope the next one explains it" as I only came here to see if I missed something. Have fun.
>>
File: amy seimetz.jpg (46KB, 791x545px) Image search: [Google]
amy seimetz.jpg
46KB, 791x545px
>>83196908

it wasnt as bad as /tv/ made it out to be. I do wish the neomorph was the main enemy instead of the xenomorph.

They seemed way more scary and spooky

I REALLY WISH the final boss was the Deacon from Prometheus.

Would have been awesome to see a fully grown one and it being just as big as the xeno in this film (It would have made more sense too since it came from an engineer which are big as fuck)

>>83201201

I really liked amy seimetz
>>
>>83200305
Severely underrated post.
>>
>>83201984
I was very broadly offering apologetics for 'le stupid character' trope found in cinema/television. The crux of the argument is that human behavior, especially abnormal psychology, is predictably unpredictable and not very well understood. That's why in a murder trial, especially one with a person with a dubious motive, a court can have to Psy.D present polar opposite opinions on the alleged person's behavior. Basically the field is more-or-less the same as it was 50 years ago, meaning in the Stone age. We're too far removed from a 'Miniority Report' revolutionary breakthrough in neuroscience, so until then, psyfags are just one step-removed from astrology fags.

I guess my claim is, human behavior is not very well understood. Shitposters are stupid for just reguritating 'TVtropes' and saying 'Yeah, I would never do that!' -- no you don't know that; shut up.
>>
David killing Shaw was a mistake -- David is another cliche charater now.
>>
can we get back to discuss what really matters?

just look at her. so beautiful and classy.
>>
>>83196908
this was the biggest turd i have ever seen. bombed prometheus and bombed the original alien at the same time + was a shit movie with laughably shit CGI characters and an extremely cliche idiotic plot.
>>
the first neomorph grew from like 30cm to 60cm in what, 2 minutes? that was just terrible, theres no excuse for that.
>>
>make a point of showing that walter is a vastly improved model of david
>he loses the fight offscreen to an insane malfunctioning trashcan

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>83196908
>>member cameron's depiction of how the aliens should act? well we do that here hehe

The worst part of this is that they also came at the humans one at a fucking time. The aliens in Aliens were easy to kill and dumb, but at least they had the power of numbers to make them seem intimidating. When you take a single member out of a swarm it's the least threatening thing ever.
>>
>>83200870
Thing is he hesitates in that scene like he's considering what Davis is saying before saying fuck it and shooting the damn thing
>>
>>83196908
Shut the fuck up retard
>>
>>83202614
>weapons improve combat abilities exponentially
>>
>>83200947
I dont think most of those are plot holes either. Just autists looking to lash out.

Most of it can definitely be explained easily or off-camera
>>
>>83201900
You deserve it for acting like a fucking moron
>>
>>83200947
>jesus is every poster going to say the same criticisms every thread?

Are you trucking stupid? what kind of question is that. The movie if out already nothing will change it unless they release a revised version.
>>
>>83199125
> Stanford Prison Experiment
Die
>>
Honestly the whole plot was kinda thrown out the window they decided to go to the unknown planet because fuck company policy lmao
>>
Thought it was great. Really hilarious to see how people will always praise the original Alien despite that film has come so much further both in terms of plot and special effects.

Nitpicking at idiotic things is just going to ruin the movie for yourself. Not to mention that thinking people act 100 % rationally in every situation especially WHEN TRAPPED ON AN ALIEN PLANET where you were all just murdered and then saved by David.
>>
>make a movie about ancient aliens.

>sidetrack it and do another alien film

fail.
>>
>>83199438
Stop being a cunt.
>>
>>83203312
He deserves it for having a girlfriend
>>
>>83201693
you are an annoying faggot lmao why are you taking this so personally. and yes it has been stated before that the shitty AvP movies are officially NOT part of the canon. you could have found that out for yourself pretty quickly with a Google search instead of wasting your time complaining that no one was answering you.
>>
>>83198128
> but the notion that an Earth-like planet would evolve in the same exact way as Earth and have identical pathogens,

Even if it had they should wear suits...Hell I wouldn't go in some villages in Africa without a full hazmat...
>>
File: P4IHFwEE.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
P4IHFwEE.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>83202336
> you'll never have her in your arms

wtf is with her anyway? why am i obsessing over her
>>
File: 4WATERSON-superJumbo.jpg (440KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
4WATERSON-superJumbo.jpg
440KB, 2048x1365px
>>83204148
post more katherine
>>
>>
>>83204148
>>83204191
>>83204275
Can't believe she's 5'11
>>
>>
File: engineers in archeology.jpg (31KB, 610x259px) Image search: [Google]
engineers in archeology.jpg
31KB, 610x259px
>>83200899
This is pretty obvious, the Engineer's contact with humanity is what fueled early civilization, food is a huge variable in that equation.
>>
File: IMG_3129.jpg (1MB, 1065x1065px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3129.jpg
1MB, 1065x1065px
>>83201201
Nope, I was head over heels for her in this movie.
>>
>>83199125
>Stanford Prison Experiment
fuck off with your reddit fake anecdotes.
>>
File: IMG_3269.jpg (64KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3269.jpg
64KB, 500x451px
>>83204275
Buttermilk for days.
ASS LIKE A TEN YEAR OLD BOY
>>
>>83196908
Because destruction is the most beautiful thing in the universe.
>>
>>83204494
even taller i believe
>>
>>83204685
fuck i miss him, rip.
>>
David cried an awful lot in the film, I think he's forcing it because he feels that's what a human would do in those situations.

His theatrical machinations born of Lawrence of Arabia are still present in Covenant.
>>
>>83204494
>>83204768
>yfw you have to be a 6'5 chad and above to have her
do you have what it takes, anon?
>>
>>83201077
This works surprisingly well. Is Scott redpilled?
>>
>>83203420
>>83204685
What?
>>
>>83198010
That doesn't really excuse him from being suspicious of David enough to point a gun demanding answers to immediately dropping his guard and following him in a cave.
>>
>>83204901
Ye of little faith.
>>
>>83204945
Is Ridley an atheist? The captain feels like I'm watching a bad mspaint comic about Christians.
>>
>>83198457
>that entire scene from when the Alien pops out of the guys back up to the chick blowing the ship up

That scene had me facepalming throughout
>>
>>83203484
The original Alien was great and only made worst by it's sequels. If you think pointing out plotholes and mistakes of a mediocre movie trying to be smart is nitpicking then I'm sorry, I prefer films that get better the more I think about them, not worse.
>>
>>83204858
nup, im 5'9
>>
>>83197667
It wasn't just that there were no birds, there was no animal life. Which I would find fucking strange too, considering you got a transmission playing fucking John Denver from this planet, and it's a planet that is downright exactly the same as Earth. You'd think it would have fucking life.
>>
Just came back from it. Movie is literally an alternative version of Prometheus.
>>
i want a Daniels action figure.
>>
File: 1495688603396.jpg (5KB, 180x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495688603396.jpg
5KB, 180x188px
>>83198894
>here's a legitimate solid explanation
>S-S-SOUND STUPID! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>83200870
But he did shoot it. What's your fucking point here?
>>
Why the fuck did morphs were non hostile to David?
>>
>we're gonna explore the mythos and origin of the aliens from the engineers and maybe get into some philosophical ideas about creation and life.
>lol david unleashes a mass black plague to kill them all haha david is so evil

Why did they do that? What's the point of this movie and franchise now?
>>
>>83205197
Because he's a gay robot
>>
File: 1487907428755.jpg (13KB, 394x417px) Image search: [Google]
1487907428755.jpg
13KB, 394x417px
>>83205197
Besides the fact that he was an android and technically "not living", he gifted them life. He was a god to them. I thought that was more obvious, what with all the talk of creation, and the dude's god complex so fucking huge he kissed himself.
Are you fucking retarded, or did you not watch the movie?
>>
File: 1488236206420.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1488236206420.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>83205216
>implying it didn't explore those ideas
I swear to fucking christ nobody saw the same movie I did. They explained all this shit, fuck, it was laid right out and smacked you in the face with out un-subtle it was. How could you not see any of the shit laid out in this movie?
>>
>have advanced drone, rover, and androids to explore unknown hostile planets
>no lets send 90% of the crew including the most important officers to explore on foot seems like a good idea
>>
>>83205223
>xenos
>caring about a anything

They sure fucked up Bishop/Ash.
>>
>>83204588
>
take note that she doesn't even have her alien muscle on there
>>
>>83205216
it was all laid out in prometheus and covenant. what did you want, david talking to the engineers? they would have killed him instantly. if they didnt kill him, maybe a faction would have protected him and some others would have opposed him and youd have a nice Avatar type movie right there.
>>
>>83205157
to cover with your white goo?
>>
>>83199125
Also he was acting captain and was never fit for command. The real captain was dead before they arrived on the planet and within minutes of him assuming command the crew knew he was shit.
>>
>>83205314
the ones that cared werent xenos, were neos. did you see the movie, people?
>>
>>83205352
But they are all the same shit.

Why would neo be more intelligent than xeno, who literaly exists to slaughter?
>>
>>83205254
How did it explore these ideas? It literally says Prometheus didn't happen, Xenomorphs exist because David is an evil bad sentient robot . What the fuck is the message here
>>
>>83205338
l-lewd.

will make one myself, all i see are these big headed figures.
>>
>>83199125
>>83205342
Fucking exactly.
Did everybody miss the entire scene where he's freaking out after the captain dies and he has to take over because he doesn't know what the fuck to do??
>>
>Aliens then
A bioweapon made by mysterious race that was used to wipe out planets out of fauna, treated as objects.

>Aliens now
GAY ROBOT WITH GOD COMPLEX MADE THEM FOR SHIT AND GIGGLES
>>
>>83205388
It explored the creation and life shit everywhere. David became the "creator", he had a mega-fuck god complex to the point of kissing himself because he was so in love with himself. It talked about control and if that shit was right, who's to say that the androids shouldn't be allowed to even play fucking music?
>>
>>83205390
but how will you create the perfect organism without the white goo David?
>>
>>83205331
Not the guy you're replying too, but litteraly Alien Covenant begins with the question "where are we coming from?" which is totally forgotten in the rest of the movie and which was also forgotten in Prometheus.
Prometheus had all this mythos with the engineers, saying it will explain everything. When humans show up to the only remaining engineer, he's like "fuck those idiots, how dare they talk to me" and then he's getting fucked by an alien.
Then, in Covenant, we only get the engineers in a flashback, and we have to assume they're all dead by now. So...Ridley totally fucked us up the ass on that mythos idea!
>>
>>83205397
They were not miltiary either. It's like in real life how completely useless human beings get promoted to management or a supervisor role in a union environment while being dangerously unqualified. That is what happened here. "I've been with the company the longest therefore I am the new boss".
>>
File: IMG_2274.jpg (393KB, 1888x2193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2274.jpg
393KB, 1888x2193px
>>83205157
Here's to NECA coming out with one in the near future. Sweaty tank top and all
>>
Is this a total reboot of franchise?

It kinda made Aliens impossible (why would Engineers be transporting David eggs)?
>>
>>83205529
Who made the engineers dumbass?
>>
>>83199125
>Stanford Prison Experiment?

yes, it's pop science. the experiment was heavily manipulated by zimbardo to prove his thesis rather than seeing what would happen he simply goaded all the guards to do shitty things because he also paid them. we've known since the beginning of time people will do shitty things for money, not a psychological breakthrough
>>
>>83205493
Exactly. Not all astronauts nowadays were even in the fucking military. And even in fucking Aliens you have an asshole suit like Burke up on the ships with them and he knows what he's doing. Everyone's acting like all this technology in these movies requires 300+ IQ military supersoldiers to control them, when in reality to them it's just like driving a car. Also, Mother/Walter did most of the work.
>>
>>83205554
Who the fuck cares?
Not David that's for sure.
>>
>>83205475
what more do you want to know?

the very prometheus intro gives you all you need to know about "where do we come from". we were created by another species, but not "created" as someone who creates a clay figure, but actually made from the flesh of one of them. it all intermingles with ancient judeo-christian stuff. the characters dont get their questions asked, but the viewers (aka you) totally do, so, again, what are you asking for here?

theres ton of stuff to get from the movies, but maybe youre the type of person that needs someone in the movie to expose you every little bit of detail about the obvious. this is not a nolan movie, so maybe youre wrong for seeking that style here.
>>
I can smell sequel's plot.

Some engineers come back to their planet, find damaged Walter and decide to team up to kill David.
>>
I'm lmaoing at anyone defending this movie's story and lore rape or whatever the fuck is going on.

Scott is on record saying he made this movie for the shekkles and to retcon shit so the franchise can continue pushing out new movies with xenomorphs to please the studio. He gives zero fucks about the story, he just needs an excuse to create continuing storyline not a good one.

>"If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six," he told the Sydney Morning Herald, during an interview that took place on the set of Covenant.

Expect the sequel to be talking Xenomorphs or some shit that David control with his mind lul
>>
>>83201595
What are the chances she gets a major role in the sequel?
>>
>>83205606
Well i was wondering where engineers were coming from? Are they gods? Do they answer to someone? Why did they create us etc? I mean, come on...don't tell me that the beginning sequence of Prometheus was satisfying by itself and you didn't want to know more about them?
>>
Does anyone else think that the movie takes place in an alternate universe from the original franchise?
>>
>>83205641
i think they are scarce, given how covenant ended and how much money it did.
>>
>>83205575
The theme in aliens is that they are space truck drivers. They are low tier miners/truck driver tier wage salves. They just happen to be driving big ships instead of 18 wheelers.
>>
>>83205667
No, but i don't think they'll link it with the original Alien either.
>>
>>83205667
Every sequel is an alternative timeline. Just look at Terminator for a prime example.
>>
>>83205635
>literally only putting half of the quote to make it seem like he doesn't want to do it
HERE IS THE FULL QUOTE
"If you really want a franchise, I can keep cranking it for another six," the 79-year-old director told the Sydney Morning Herald, "I'm not going to close it down again. No way."

He doesn't want to stop again because he's going somewhere with it and likes it.
You are literally the left column of this picture.
>>
>>83205671
Guys it's not Walter, it's David!!! LOL Daniels you crazy beeyotch, you had some harsh shit happen on the way here, relax bitch. Queen gets hatched from 1 of 2 embryos David packed.
>>
>>83205667
was thinking about the same today. i get that feel, lots of stuff thats similar, but not quite. i really hope thats the case, so the prequels dont have the burden to conclude in a way that matches and overlaps neatly with Alien. franchise should go apeshit and get very far from the original movie.
>>
>>83205659
Prometheus raised some interesting questions. Covenant chucked them aside show us Ayylmaos.

The extra scenes in prometheus where the engineer explores vicker's lifeboat was very interesting. Here was an example of a living god understanding that their failed experiments had taken a life of their own, kinda like Aule and the dwarfs.

Then Covenant showed a bunch of lepers being virus bombed and that was it for the engineers
>>
>>83205698
Terminator 1 & 2 might have taken place in the same timeline for all intents and purposes.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 180x180px
Miss me yet?

Sorry but I am too occupied making Space Smurfs 2,3,4 and 5.
>>
When I left the theater, I overheard a conversation a group was having.
>we should have JJ Abrams fix this series as well
>>
>>83205764
I wonder what Cameron Sama thought of Alien: Isolation.
>>
>>83205740
Exactly...i mean, how did the engineers acquire this technology? They just were fucking interesting...i don't understand how plebs won't get this, and are just like "you should be happy, this sequence explained this and that"
>>
File: 1481496210671.png (214KB, 404x411px) Image search: [Google]
1481496210671.png
214KB, 404x411px
>>83205774
No you didn't
>>
reminder it's two movies now where the characters refuse to wear helmets
>>
>>83205785
the sequel didn't explain anything at all. Prometheus works great as a standalone movie that has tenuous links to the alien franchise. Covenant destroys the myth beyond the entire alien universe.
>>
File: 1412048791588.png (400KB, 607x466px) Image search: [Google]
1412048791588.png
400KB, 607x466px
>>83205803
I did, but I'm not going to argue over it.
>>
>>83205815
to be fair holloway was a bit of a cunt.
>>
>>83204588
She looks quite fertile
>>
>>83205759
Not really, look at it like this.

Timeline 1: Connor is egg, machines rise, terminator + Kyle Reese go back in time to 80's, machine destroyed Connor is embryo. Perfect Circle.

Timeline 2: Machine parts left behind, stronger machines rise, send back T-1000 and T-101, everything borked. Perfect circle.

Timeline 3: right file saved somewhere, machines rise, T-X and T-101 sent back. Judgement Day happens later than originally.

Timeline 4: John Connor's an asshole

Timeline 5: Terminator sent back early because events of T3 and/or 4.
>>
>>83205712
>79
I don't think he's gonna crank out another six years of life much less coherent movies
>>
>>83205866
I consider everything after 2 to be fanfic.
>file saved somewhere so skynet is made xD
It cheapens dyson's sacrifice. The guy takes a hammer to his life's work because of what it would become in the future.
>>
>>83205866

The timeline in Terminator 1 isn't the original one, since Reese fathers the man who sent him back in time, a classic paradox of the sort you get from fucking around with time. T0 is the original timeline, in which Reese is the leader of humanity.
>>
>>83205866
So...

Prometheus: Go space get rekt go search for engies

Covenant: Go space get rekt find David and ayys

Alien: go to work get ayy

Aliens: wake up stop colony of ayys

Alien 3: wake up everything good is dead and Ripley has the ayy

Alien 4: cloned ayys

Only 4 seems like alternate timeline other than non-canon AVPs
>>
>>83205659
>Well i was wondering where engineers were coming from?
you got answered in the last movie
>Are they gods?
weird question. if youre asking if they were considered gods by people a fuckton while ago, yes they did (prometheus intro, paleo paintings, etc). if youre asking if they can create life, yes they can (prometheus intro).
>Do they answer to someone?
one good thing about the Ridley Scott universes is that they are minimal. here we have engineers, aliens, humans and synthetics, and nothing else. if you know the guys movies, no, they dont answer to anyone, theres nothing beyond that point.
>Why did they create us etc?
they didnt. they just created life. if im eating an apple and i throw the seeds and then a tree grows in that place, and then worms come to live under that tree, do they have any bussiness asking me why i created them?

>I mean, come on...don't tell me that the beginning sequence of Prometheus was satisfying by itself and you didn't want to know more about them?
its a very impressive sequence, and i liked that it was put together in such terms, like a greek allegory.
>>
If you're wondering what aliens eat and breath and other science facts, just repeat to yourself it's just a show I should really just relax.
>>
>>83205960
the question was why they were targeting earth for destruction 2000 years ago.
The movie also cut out the conversation david has with the engineer where the alien isn't initally hostile to them but weyland pisses him off.

Prometheus gave the audience a tantalising taste of what the engineers were about and ended with the question of why thy wanted to kill their creation.

The mural with the deacon at the pinnacle also gave hints about what the engineer's culture was about.

Covenant throws that all out of the window and gives a jumbled mess of what the lore has been built up to this point.
>>
>>83206079
>the question was why they were targeting earth for destruction 2000 years ago.
well the very Ridley Scott said engineers would create life and destroy it afterwards if they saw they lost their way, like wars, and destroying the environment, and such stuff. im super glad none of that is canon or even hinted in the movies, but thats what the mastermind behind the movies think. so, enjoy whats there to enjoy and be thankful the movies are sober about its characters motivations.
>>
>>83206145
Ridley is a glorified cameraman. His opinions don't matter out of the movie.
>humans were destroying the earth 2000 years ago
>africa was largely a wilderness.
>human population was relatively small and several species of fauna were alive and well.
>>
Is solar flare wave was initiated by David?
>>
>>83206229
>His opinions don't matter out of the movie.
well to the "where are our answers waaah" crowd, thats the answer straight from the source. he also said davids motivation to kill the engineers was that "he hated them". so there you go.
>>
Is this crap on a camrip already? I ain't paying to see this.
>>
>>83206372
if it's not in the movie it doesn't matter. Ridley is spewing shit out of his ass. Unless he translates that to the silver screen it doesn't matter what he says
>>
>>83206461
>if it's not in the movie it doesn't matter.
wrong. its a terrible practice, but its whats hes doing lately (see shaw and coventants crew prologues/trailers).
>>
I was deeply disappointed in the movie. The pacing and dialogue were all over the place in places. You can clearly see where he had to inject hastily written ALIEN scenes into the actual Prometheus 2 movie which he wanted to do. If only people had not complained that Prometheus was bad because it wasn't an ALIEN movie this would have never happened and we would have another great one on our hands.
>>
>>83206229
This. In an interview he pretty much said "I decided to rewrite the xenomorphs so that David made them for the lulz and all mystery and lore is gone."
>>
>>83199080
Alien has always been about bbc
>>
Saw it yesterday.

I loved it. It was stupid but bests scifi sincePrometheus
>>
how did the dyke find out that isnt wasnt walter at the end? she just started screaming
>>
>>83196908

> aliums appear for 4.5 mins

So then Alien must be a horrible movie to you then

Also your post gave me cancer
>>
>>83208030
how stupid are you
>>
>>83208092
why not just answer the question you dumb faggot?
>>
>>83208030

She told Walter about the story building the cabin on the lake. When she mentions it in cryo, "Walter" has no clue what shes talking about
>>
>>83208105
it's not my job schooling children
>>
>>83197667
More retarded that they don't put on suits or helmet on to explore

Which kind of dumbfucks would go out without suits on an alien planet?
Ridley Scott is a hack. Easily the worst movie of the year if it wasn't for the opening and xenomorph chest bursting scene
>>
>>83208115
but he gave her a passable answer right away
>>
>>83208130

He paused for a long time then said something like "sure" Its like he didnt know how to react to the question or maybe wanted to let her figure it out fast before she fell asleep so he could evil villain laugh
>>
>>83208128

I liked it more, it gave movie more exploration-like vibe.

In Prometheus, everyone walks around in suits and they all look goofy and clumsy. It doesn't make sense, but it turned out better for the movie.
>>
Problem of this and Prometheus is both of them has potential to be great Sci-fi movies. But Scott instead make them horror flicks because he is a lazy fuck
>>
>>83208128
>More retarded that they don't put on suits or helmet on to explore
This surprised me too.

It would've been okay with they checked out what the air was made of and confirmed it was breathable, like they did in Prometheus. But no, they just wandered out into the open with no helmets straight away. Made them look incredibly reckless.
Of course, "reckless" probably describes a lot of things in this movie.
>>
>>83204858
??????????
why? a lot of actresses date and marry men shorter than them.
>>
>>83208130
Did he? I only remember him looking awkwardly at her while she put two and two together in her head.
>>
>>83208203
If characters do stupid things like that because plot requires it, then it is a dumb script
>>
File: chadwinsagain.jpg (122KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
chadwinsagain.jpg
122KB, 351x500px
>>83208255
heres your why, midget.
>>
>>83208265
Do you even pay attention to flicks you watch?
>>
File: 1460324261770.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1460324261770.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>the proto-aliens are arguably a hell of a lot more deadly than the "modern" variety, people just need to inhale black pollen and are then fucked
>the aliens we know were created by a single Mad Scientist who tinkered with them for the heck of it
>>
>>83196908
I hate to say its a movie that was ruined in the editing room, just like Prometheus.

Seriously, look up Prometheus: Special Edition, its an edit by a guy called Agent9. There's a totally different opening, alternate Fifield attack, etc. Tons of cut character building, and he removes some of the stupid bullshit things.

Covenant seems like a movie where some of the events are out of order, none of the crew bonding was in the movies but it was in the trailers, there's like 2 big prologue trailers showing David and Shaw interacting, one even showing her re-attaching his head. I feel like we got the worst cut of the movie just to extend the xeno time.

Dead serious, I would have removed the 2nd Xeno on the ship and just jumped straight to them going into cryo because it makes no fucking sense in the end for David not to kill them with his special hell beast.
>>
>waaah why didn't they used masks

>crew in Alien had masks
>they all fucking died

>crew in Prometheus had masks
>they all fucking died
>>
>>83204039
exactly. which is also why when you get a call from your crewmate saying "the guy im with is really sick we're taking him to the medbay come back quick" you should fucking drop everything and run full speed not saunter along and say "yeah we'll be back soon sweetie almost there :)"

they landed on an alien planet and a guy started vomiting blood does that not like SCREAM "theres an airborne virus thats going to kill us all"
>>
>>83205186
The point is an alien killed their crew member and david says don't kill it then gets very upset when he does kill it because it was his friend. He also doesn't give a fuck that the woman is dead.

If you continue to trust david beyond that point you have down syndrome.
>>
Why did David think the egg/facehugger combo was more perfect? The pathogen that enters the body and creates a neomorph seems far more effective.

Do David's experiments retcon the alien queen and the entirety of Aliens?

Does Covenant retcon the entirety of Alien 1? How did David's xeno eggs end up in the alien ship with an engineer, which were wiped out by David?

Why does the black xeno actively pursue to kill? The xeno in Alien 1 tried to survive and tried to create an egg out of Dallas, so it could maintain the species.
>>
>>83208947
The crew in Prometheus took their helmets off and the crew of the covenant didn't know that much about the other two crews.
>>
>>83196908
Michael Fassbender does a terrible american accent, its like a guy doing a parody of a guy doing an accent...how does that pass/
>>
>>83209088
>The pathogen that enters the body and creates a neomorph seems far more effective.
I guess the eggs could withstand more extreme weather.
In original movie, the eggs are surviving on planet where the pathogen would probably die.

And the resulting xenomorph is much worse then the white one.
>>
>>83209172
>And the resulting xenomorph is much worse then the white one
I'm not even sure about this one either. The neomorphs seems extremely aggressive and strong, so much so that an infant is capable of killing a fully grown human. Which the chestbuster isn't.
>>
>>83209252
The old xenos are much more deadlier. I think Aliens 2 nerfed them a lot.
>>
>>83198139
Fassbender was easily the best part of the film. David is officially pleb-filter
>>
>>83209252
>Which the chestbuster isn't.
There are no chestbusters anymore. Stupidity of tiny xenomoprh, busting from capn's chest, is the same as this same little xeno went full grown if like 5 minutes.
>>
>>83209252
I don't think the neomorphs had acid blood. And a xenomorph's exoskeleton probably adds plenty of durability.

You gotta remember that the aliens in Alien 2 only got blasted apart because the marines were all equipped with pulse rifles which were pretty damn powerful guns.
>>
>>83209360
Fassbender carried this shitty movie, a consummate professional.
>>
I liked it AND Prometheus

Come at me
>>
>>83209437
The neomorphs have acid blood, it burns off Walter's arm, it's just not as potent as xeno blood.
>>
Again a Ridley Scott film has 1+ hour of deleted scenes

Giff Director's cut now
>>
>>83209660
Didn't his arm get bitten off? He shoved the damn thing in one of those fucker's mouth.
>>
>>83209810
Yeah but the stump burns and vapor can be seen.
>>
>>83209360
Billy Crudbut was solid too
>>
>>83209992
he looked very sickly idk what the fuck is with him
>>
>>83210053
its called acting.

nah, I think he has just lost weight at some stage, he is all veiny and gaunt (prob vegan hollywoodhippy machinist shit). Plus his character was a nervy kinda dude so put it altogether and he looks that way.
>>
>>83204889
Calling that shining example of faulty methods and biased conditions an "experiment" is an insult to science.
>>
>>83199281
Haven't seen it yet but...did this movie just shit all over Aliens? David created the eggs? So the whole Queen lifecycle is just tossed out? Did Scott completely fuck up the Alien franchise?
>>
>>83197934
>A theist is naive idiot

wew, who would knew,
>>
>>83203634
Not that guy but...AVP 1 and 2 weren't that band. Honestly it tied the Alien and Predator movies better than Covenant. This only ties into Prometheus and sort of kind of into Alien and ignores Aliens. It's like Scott is only regarding his own movies and saying screw all the other films. Having David create the Xeno's is worse and lazier than revealing that Predators have been hunting them for centuries. Really, think about it. THe most terrifying creature in the universe, the perfect organism...created by a psychopathic android. If you think that's better than a race of intergalactic hunters spreading them around the galaxy then you can't see bad writing for what it is.
>>
>>83202225
I was pretty mad she was like the first to die, she reminded me of the badass pilot chick in Aliens.
>>
>>83205633
I like it

I need more engineers in bio-armor fucking shit up.
>>
>>83205778
He's all into his tech so probably would love it in VR.
>>
>>83210403
Personally I think the canon version is better.

Engineers already confused a lot of people, adding predators to the franchise would result in chaos.

David creating xenos makes sense. It explains why are they adapted to killing humans so well.
>>
>>83208208
It was always MEANT TO BE Gothic Horror in a space setting fuckwit. Cameron changing the tone like Terminator 2 was a cashgrab that pissed off H.R. Giger. It's returned to it's roots.
>>
>>83209088
>One note off and it all falls apart.
Ring any bells?
>>
>>83198996
Seriously? He is the only surviving record of what happened to this planet, the one that was home to a yet unidentified alien race as far as the crew are concerned, and are actively being attacked by hostile creatures that this one synthetic seems to know a hell of a lot more than your crew, so why the fuck WOULD you kill him? Like the other anon said, the crew are very familiar with Walter, who they trust implicitly and assumed David was just as trustworthy.
>>
>>83208128
I tell you wut,after see these shit movies I will never explore a alien planet without a helmet on 24/7. So I guess they were worth watching just for that alone.
>>
>>83208600
Neomorphs are much more dangerous in their creation, but are ten times weaker than the classic xenomorphs. The captain kills a Neomorph with a small burst of bullets from a rifle, and it doesn't even bleed acid. Add that to the fact they are primitive and animalistic, having none of the Xenomorph's intelligence, and they aren't much of a challenge.
>>
File: 0UBkfTT.jpg (611KB, 1819x2999px) Image search: [Google]
0UBkfTT.jpg
611KB, 1819x2999px
>>83209088
That was the most retarded shit.

The bio-weapon is the "perfect life form"
>must kill all engineers,and humans while I'm at it,fuck it just kill everything that isn't a retarded alien monster.

>hurrr I'm a T800

The whole movie should have been david nuking the engineers for revenge and him finding his humanity by falling in love with shaw,like he was doing it for her or some shit.
>>
File: 1489894953999.gif (2MB, 198x195px) Image search: [Google]
1489894953999.gif
2MB, 198x195px
>>83196908

What did he mean by this? Are they supposed to make the scene for free because it doesn't go in chronological order? Huh, so that's why Tarantino made Pulp Fiction like that.
>>
>>83211110
>Ridley wants to expand the story arch and universe with his artistic vision and slowly tie it in with the first movie.
>people complain about lack of Xenos and The Engineers in Promepheus and bitched in general
>People didn't like the engineers fine I'll kill them off.
>You want a xenomorph movie well we will speed up the neomorph process for you.

It's all the people who bitched about Prometheus' fault. The same people who didn't like it are the same people who saw Alien: Covenant and are constantly bitching about it. You are all a bunch of dimwitted entitled cunts. You have no one to blame but yourselves.
>>
>>83210549
So Alien Covenant: In Utero the VR short?
>>
File: 1348834169753.png (32KB, 628x665px) Image search: [Google]
1348834169753.png
32KB, 628x665px
I read a lot of critique about the "stupidity" of the crew. WRONG!
the crew is compost heap of diversity
>stronk womyn who need no men
>beta cucks
>coal burners
>gay faggots
>probably some xirs and otherkins too
they acted precisely as I would expect. every action they took reflected their brain damage.
>>
>>83199281

>perfect strain
>gets beaten by a woman
>>
Camrip when lads?
>>
>>83199125
>>83199725
13 years of government brainwashing and having the world's most efficient police state that imprisons more people then China can do that to you.

The US is like North Korea lite.
>>
>>83202258
you won btw
>>
>>83210255
Not necessarily. David created a few xenomorph eggs, but that does not necessarily mean he's the first person to have done so, and Covenant didn't directly tie into the original Alien at all. Given that he murdered all the engineers and crashed the ship they hijacked in Prometheus it's hard to see how his actions could lead into the crashed engineer ship on LV-426 with a dead engineer pilot filled to the brim with eggs.

Xenomorphs as a runaway bio-weapon has been floating around as an origin theory for them basically forever. The only thing Covenant has established regarding the wider universe is that Xenomorphs are not a naturally evolved species.
>>
>>83210581
Covenant kills the lore though. Alien was a great film but Cameron added to the mythology with the Alien lifecycle and the Queen. This retcons that. No queen. Now there's no explanation for the derelict ship on LV-426. Aliens explained it just fine. Now...it's David. All the mystery to the creature is gone. Both canons technically work but this version is terrible lazy modern writing. No creativity at all. Scott just couldn't let the creature be the creature. It's like how every horror movie eventually ties their protagonist to being something that was made or corrupted by humans. At this rate the next Predator movie will be revealed the Predators are just advanced humans that left earth long ago or something. It cheapens the creature. Alien isn't even Alien anymore. There's nothing special about the creature at this point. It's just another dumb movie monster made by a mad scientist. It's almost Alien Resurrection levels bad.
>>
File: 5.jpg (154KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
154KB, 900x600px
What the fuck was its problem?
>>
>>83211850
You really have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>83211193
sacrificing alien cgi for the flashbAck cgi my goy
>>
>>83196908
Ridley couldn't escape his destiny.

Every beloved director has to direct a really shitty prequel trilogy.
>>
>>83197995
You're a stupid fucker.
>>
>>83208197
Why do the cryopods have no emergency release on the inside?
>>
>>83197896
From the prologue vid we know david put her in alien cryo and we don't know if he ever woke her up after that, possible she died from other causes beyond david and he justed used her meat afterwards.
>>
>>83197934
I didn't entirely like that either. Especially since just a second ago the captain showed quick decision making and commitment by putting that alien down hard and fast.

Though he wasn't talking to a human, he was talking to a synth. He probably believed David had to tell him the truth and take orders from him, so under the assumption David couldn't be lying, he thought it was safe.
>>
>>83196908
I thought the worst scene was the pilot girl that went full indecisive mode and fucked up everything and then blew herself up.

Fucking embarrassing and annoying to watch. Yes people do such stupid things it's embarrassing all the time, but it's a movie, it shouldn't be that fucking ridiculous.
>>
File: alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg (145KB, 1334x1000px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant-set-shaw.jpg
145KB, 1334x1000px
>>83196908
Guys can we please talk about this fuckery?
What was shaw hooked up to?
Did she birth an alien egg?
He seemed to mourn her ironically at her shrine. And how will he do "the same thing to daniels" if im not sure exactly what he did to shaw?
Rip walter or who fucking knows what became of him
>>
>>83201201
Walter better fix himself back up so he can save his waifu and have hit robo on human action.
>>
File: AC-Shaw-Sketch.jpg (46KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
AC-Shaw-Sketch.jpg
46KB, 960x720px
>>83214347
Pic related dont make sense cause the jawline is missing.
>>
>>83203475
i thought that was handled well, none of them wanted to be turned to bbq if more sleep pods were gonna spaz out and they had a habitable planet only a few weeks away versus 7 years of more travel if i remember right. that is a long time for stuff to breakdown and go wrong after the solar flare hit the ship. the signal from shaw only makes it more interesting.
>>
>>83204148
she basically makes love eyes at the main character of fantastic beasts the entire film, if you wanna self insert and pretend she is yours that is a good flick to see
>>
>>83213021
What are pathogens.
What is airborne virus
>>
>>83211608
14.54 at your local flickodome
>>
>>83214347

that looks like a female engineer moreso than shaw. especially because we see the picture of shaw missing her jaw
>>
>>83196908
>>dood lets have te aliums appear for 4.5 mins of screentime lmao
Alright this is the only shitty complaint imo, they're in it for longer and that's kinda par for the course anyways
>>
>>83196908
He admires the engis but he likes the hurt.

>dood lets have te aliums appear for 4.5 mins of screentime lmao
It's the old movie theory of suspense :the less you show the monster the more terrifying it will be and you can show shadows of it or pieces to build up tension.
It was applied whit success when CGI was almost none and practical effects needed a lot of darkness in order to not look goofy.

They are building up the franchise while using stuff from the past to draw in the fans .

>what if we hire franco so he can be burned after being on screen pretending to sleep for 12 seconds rofl

Hiring comedians was a bad idea, I would hire J.C. Riley who did very well in dramas and has some real talent for acting.

>lets fast forward the action so no one can tell whats going on teehee
This was probably done in the editing for the release print version of the movie.
At the final stages a bunch of producers and marketing staff have a very big say in how the movie is cut and what is released in theaters.
Needless to say they fuck up many movies.
>>
>>83215424
isn't this supposed to be a origins trilogy? of course the aliens aren't going to have a lot of screentime for now. maybe on the next one.
>>
>>83198339
They killed the xenos faster and with less tension cause the creature is well known to the public and it wouldn't've worked.

The neomorph is the only way to go in order to keep that monster terror feel.
>>
>>83211980
I disagree. In original Aliens, it was the xenomorph who created the eggs, so it may or may not make sense in the end. Maybe the queen is not needed for replication. The wasps for example can lay eggs without being the queen

Keep in mind that there will be at least two more films.
>>
>>83215099
Its shaw, the pic is missing noomi's wig cause its still being made in pic related b4 filming. Ridley is an ultra hack.
>>
I liked original concept so much better.

Engineers specialized in DNA and biotech, they created eggs with facehuggers who would create bioweapon based on host to wipe out living forms.

Also David didn't really come off as evil in Prometheus.
>>
Why did the backburster spawn SO FUCKING FAST

FUCKING HACK RIDLEY CANT EVEN GET PACING RIGHt
>>
>>83216105
>There will be another one before we kind of literally and logically, clockwise, back into the rear back head of [the original] ‘Alien,'” Scott said, making sense of where in the “Alien” world the films are placed. “It will go ‘Prometheus,’ ‘Awakening,’ ‘Covenant’ … fairly integral where this colonization ship is on the way.”
>>
>>83214347
Literally putting biogen on ovaries.

The "eggs" are mutated female ovaries/zygote.
>>
No on screen death, return guaranteed.
Walter will be hero of Awakening.
>>
>>83216250
Ahh i see, did she volunteer is my next question because she was infertile?
>>
>>83216320
Doubt it, especially after David nuking engineers.
>>
>>83216418
Given his maniacal nature, i agree, now final question burned in my head,
If david "killed" walter once and realized he could auto "reboot", wouldnt he finish the job 2nd time around but given his little time to steal clothes/trim hair/make it to shuttle, maybe he didnt? Have enough time to finish him?
>>
>>83196908
>Franco, big time actor, is kill
>hehe fuckers, bet you didn't see that coming
>muh movie is kino af
t. Ridley Scat
>>
>>83216239
What would awakening be about?

Everything important happened on Paradise in between movies, and I doubt they will make movie about it.
>>
>>83216572
Even if he survived somehow, he's still a bare ass android marooned on a planet with monsters, how could he get off said planet and stop david's plans?
>>
File: tmp_6880-OWD45058_500910709822.jpg (51KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6880-OWD45058_500910709822.jpg
51KB, 500x479px
>>83204691
Fucking kek
>>
>>83216678
Already confirmed to take take place between Prometheus and Alien Covenant
>>
>>83216572
Walter was not shown dead because there is high chance he will come back.

There is Michael/Lucifer going between Walter/David.

Regarding "reboot" David was probably not sure why Walter survived, my guess is multiple power sources.
>>
>>83216735
Well yeah, that's why I'm asking what it will be about.

One would say they will continue where Covenant ended.
>>
>>83216572
>>83216744
a stab to the neck seems easy to recover from. I would imagine david went to further lengths to make sure walter wouldn't bother him anymore.
>>
File: 6852647452_a097250057_b_40634.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
6852647452_a097250057_b_40634.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>83216678
Awakening, according to scott, will be a prequel to covenant.
Wtf that means only the bags under ridley scott's eyes could explain.
>>
I'm 70% into this movie and I still dont know why david decided to fuck the engineers' shit up
>>
>>83216830
because fuck them, that's why

most likely because they decided to kill off the human race and were mortal. He seems to believe that if you create something, you should be better than it, and if you're not, you don't deserve to live.
>>
how can they fuck up a franchise so badly, while alien isolation was on par with alien and aliens.

predator when.
>>
>>83216804
Thats where i am stuck
One hand i want walter to be "le ebin hero comeback" but just cause I/some want that, how can we be sure Ridley wants that. It would make sense given how retarded david tricks humans, walter seems to be the only who could stop him, but wouldnt that just detract xeno's from spotlight if it became WWf syntha-mania.
>>
>>83216874
Why did all the engineers gather up in the center? Did none of them have anything better to do? Is this the only city with engineers? Where they even engineers at all considering how different they looked compared to the others in prometheus?

So many basic questions that really need to be answered because this shit is annoying
>>
>>83217036
read "predator" script leaked
It sounds awful!
>>
I also watched it today. I think it's better than Prometheus. In fact it's better than anything released after Aliens which makes it 3rd best. It's a decent thriller but a shitty Alien movie if that makes any sense. Scott is a hack and I still cannot forgive him for disrespecting Cameron's craft by making it non-canon. I still have few questions though.

- If those movies are prequels to 1st Alien and David killed all engineers on their home planet how to fuck Nostromo crew found an engineer spaceship with David's engineered alien eggs on board.
- How come every Alien has a crew too stupid to apply basic safety measures like not inhaling air on a foreign planet without knowing anything about its microscopic lifeforms. They all could die from a fucking virus or bacteria.
- Why nobody knew about Walter's self-healing abilities? He is a machine after all, its specifications should be obvious to everyone.
- Why any aliens, whether they're David's engineered xenomorphs or wildly mutated white aliens would listen to David in the first place? It's not like they genetically know who is their maker, let alone recognize his face.
- How to fuck David found tools and machinery needed to do something as advanced as DNA manipulation when the movie portrayed him living as a caveman with nothing but bunch of drawings.
- How in the fuck a ship with 2000 colonizers is only maned by a single android? Why not having an army of obedient helpful Walters? What's the exact though process in him having to run around the whole ship whenever something went wrong during crew's sleep?
>>
>>83208105
the cabin by the lake explains it
>>
>>83217091
turn down your autism a bit and just fill in the gaps with some logic

>Why did all the engineers gather up in the center?
one of a few things
1. thousands of years old ship returns home
2. they weren't engineers but a species close to them that worships them, gathers to greet them
3. common engineer practice to gather up and meet astronauts coming home

>Did none of them have anything better to do?
no, it was a monday and they were all celebrating xenoday

>Is this the only city with engineers?
probably not
>Where they even engineers at all considering how different they looked compared to the others in prometheus?
probably not, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>83216766
That one needs to lurk moar. Scott already set in stone that Awakening will take place between Prometheus and Covenant, but given his dementia kicking in harder than ever these days to keep up with the kewl keds, it might only slightly allude to and cross over something with david that much tie into the fourth film. Scott also confirmed that 3 more alien movies have been greenlit for production alongside Awakening. We can only assume what those would entail and how they'd lead into Alien.

>inb4 maybe X character pilots the Derelict to crash into LV-426 at the end of Alien: Here We Go Again

The engineer on the Derelict was fossilized as in like a million yrs old scoob.

>inb4 well David made the eggs, so howd theyd get to LV-426?

Maybe he got the genetic blueprints from the juggernaut he pilots in Covenant that we might learn about in Awakening or another film and he didnt really come up with the idea himself. If that's the case (and its really the only coherent one as we see the xeno referenced multiple times in Prometheus b4 SHTF), the only thing that could really tie Alien with any of these new films is if the transmission the Nostromo heard was caused by someone to lead them there
>>
>>83208030
>she just started screaming
She asked if he was David.
>>
>>83216823
Thank you. Finally someone else who lurks moar
>>
>>83199370
now when you say rape.. do you mean actual real world rape or the new age rape where you just look at a girl for more than 7 seconds
>>
>>83217233
>dont let the bed bugs bite
Cringe levels overloaded, this cringe cannot be aborted.
>>
>>83217201
>predator when.
it wasnt fossilized, they just thought it was cause the suit looked like bones which is why its stupid that they made the jockey we knew into a suit some greek guy wears
>>
>>83217133
All these answers and more to be answered in the next 4 alium films aka bad visual storytelling
>>
>>83217285
a little of both. If I remember correctly, the rape this anon is suggesting was the manager sticking his fingers in her cooter to find some money or some shit.
>>
>>83217307
>>
File: Tips hat.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Tips hat.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>83217258
Your welcome, i know exactly what you mean
>>
File: 131108-ridley-scott.jpg (88KB, 563x400px) Image search: [Google]
131108-ridley-scott.jpg
88KB, 563x400px
>>83217133
Well you shee, the thing ish...
>>
>>83217133
>- If those movies are prequels to 1st Alien ....
personally, I don't think David "created" the eggs or xenos, just learned how to make them. The ship and eggs in Alien were supposed to have been there long enough to be fossilized (how that even happens in open air, I have no idea). David had a blank box of brownie mix and vague instructions on how to make brownies. If he makes a batch of brownies, no one would say he created them.
>- How come every Alien has a crew too stupid...
because its a requirement for these types of movies to exist
>- Why nobody knew about Walter's self-healing abilities? He is a machine after all, its specifications should be obvious to everyone.
That's not necessarily true. We don't know what kind of jobs these are. They could be the future equivalent of mcdonald's employees, do you think they know what kind of computing power their registers have? or what kind of heating element the fryers use?
>- Why any aliens, whether they're David's engineered xenomorphs...
David had been studying them. He knew that if you blow into their face they chill out. They never really "listened" to him.
>- How to fuck David found tools and machinery needed to do something as advanced as DNA manipulation when the movie portrayed him living as a caveman with nothing but bunch of drawings.
breh, this level of autism is too much. Just assume the engineer ship and whatever they pulled from the prometheus was enough for david to get to work
>- How in the fuck a ship with 2000 colonizers is only maned by a single android? Why not having an army of obedient helpful Walters? What's the exact though process in him having to run around the whole ship whenever something went wrong during crew's sleep?
wew lad, maybe you shouldn't watch movies at all?
>>
>>83217534
>fandom
>>
>>83217661
10/10
>>
Id be curious to ask a poll of those who think
A. Walter is dead for good
B. Walter will return in sequel to stop david
>>
>>83216211
the backburster was an idea that came from the unused alien 3 script where hicks lived and new aliens spawned from infected humans full grown and extremly fast. covenant has lots of unused ideas from previous films thrown in
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.