[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw the UK release of Colossal, coming in blind without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5520.jpg (194KB, 1200x825px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5520.jpg
194KB, 1200x825px
Just saw the UK release of Colossal, coming in blind without seeing any trailers. Holy shit, I was shocked at how good it was. What did you guys think?
>>
the poster makes the movie look like a cute romantic slice-of-life, or like my japanese dramas, where you have representations of their feelings as monsters
but when I watch the trailers they are literally monsters wreaking havoc on the city and it's not a romance
but another poster on here said the movie is actually much more serious and slow
what is the movie actually about?
>>
>>83189563
Oh shit I'm trying to recall what interview I saw/read where either Anne or the director are going in depth about how the movie is actually about like white privilege or domestic violence or feminism or some shit..... I dont remember, but it's the reason I gave it a pass.
>>
>>83189849
The two main actors should have been the indicator. Hathaway is a manipulative lying Jew. That male is a blackmailed pedophile with zero qualms being cucked.
>>
it's a neat idea but the characters and their motivations were awful
>>
It was pretty great

Anne Hathaway was lovely.
>>
>>83190072
Was she lovely, "anon"? Were you SHOCKED at how great it was like op, "anon"?
>>
>>83188678
it wasn't good, it was original and shocking because it was billed as a comedy.

muh toxic abusive masculinity
>>
>>83190198
I mean it's not like people are gonna shill this shit man, it's already a flop, no one cares about it.

I like Hathaway but from the trailers it looks kinda dumb in its humor so I'll wait to see it "later"
>>
>>83190328
>muh toxic abusive masculinity
this flick has something to do with gamer gate, doesn't it?
>>83188678
>>83190072
What was your favorite scene, specifically?
>>
>>83188678
if i knew anything about the cast or the premise, i'd definitely would've skipped it, which would've been a mistake, since it's probably my favorite movie of the year so far. best performances ever by both main actors, perfect combination of a blockbuster and a small personal story, and one of the most original movies i've seen

the bad side is sjws and idiot reviewers are wrongly taking some sort of feminist/empowerment/"toxic masculinity" view out of the movie which the movie goes out of its way to NOT have that sort of message and go against that sort of shit
>>
>>83189563
It's a fairly light comedy for the first half then the tone shifts and it becomes a story about an obsessive stalker.

Basically Hathaway is a party girl who returns to her hometown to sort her shit out after her boyfriend kicks her out. She meets up with a childhood friend who gives her a job at his bar. They find out that they manifest a giant monsters in Seoul when they enter a childhood playground at a certain time.

About halfway through the film the guy starts threatning to kill a bunch of Koreans if Hathaway doesn't do what he says and it takes a darker more abusive tone.
>>
>>83190198
keep hunting those shills autist
>>
and it's not a comedy at all, no jokes and the tone shifts from serious to quirky. it's not vomit inducing quirky though, avoids most shitty indie tropes, all characters are very complex and all very flawed, and it's fun to watch these trainwrecks go about their stuff
>>
>>83191274
But it's not, it's an inconsistant mess.
>>
>>83191150
So it would be a mistake to skip it you say? Best movie of the year you say? Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>83191522
it would've been a mistake to skip based on an initial impression of "hathaway and that dude from those shitty comedies in a quirky romantic comedy about giant monsters in korea", which it isn't, and the actors give their best performances to this day, and the movie keeps you guessing, nothing is linear
>>
>>83191522
Don't listen to him, he's a fucking idiot.
The film is about half an hour too long, then characters motivations make no sense, the tone is all over the place and nothing anyone does makes any sense.
>>
>>83191886
Oh and the ending is basically a giant plot hole.
>>
>>83191929
The flick is clearly garbage, I'm just taunting these obvious shills.

>"shocked at how good it was"
>"It was pretty great"
>"favorite movie of the year so far. best performances ever by both main actors, perfect combination of a blockbuster and a small personal story, and one of the most original movies i've seen"

They ain't even trying to hide it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.