[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grand epic movie when ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 17

File: Napoleon.jpg (133KB, 903x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleon.jpg
133KB, 903x1200px
Why does one of the most grandiose man in Human history never had a grand epic american movie made about his life ?
>>
He has but they all suck, because they are french movies
>>
>>83173125
But Alexander already exists and it was great.
>>
>>83173125
because no director has been good enough to make one
>>
>>83173125
Kubrick wanted it, but the studios abandoned the project after Barry Lyndon.
>>
>>83173155
Fuck off.
>>
>>83173125
Because people in our country are too generally moronic to view him as more than a cartoonishly short officer who declared himself emperor and was vanquished twice. People are surprised to hear he was 5'7" (average height in his day). In truth he was a titan. Or that he freed Europe from 1500 years in feudalist shackles.We are truly are a nation of anti-intellectual boors, God help us.
>>
>>83173125
Jews hate the French. They'll never make them look good let alone strong in one of their movies.
Which is why you'll never see a Verdun movie either.
In a Hollywood movie, the Frenchman is always a cartoonish caricature.
>>
>>83173281
You think I hated the french while I'm only being objective. The french film industry is a disaster that is sponsored with governemnt money. It sucks so much that it isn't sustainable even thought they are not making big budget movies. The reason is that you can't become a filmmaker by going to film school, it's a nepotistic business that's why there is no talent over there.
>>
>>83173368

Not true for the frenchman in The Patriot
>>
>>83173564
Guess who the Jews hate also?
>>
>>83173564
Probably Mel Gibson's doing
>>
A historically movie about Napoleon won't be accepted by the mainstream white community, since he was confirmed to be come from a slave family from Africa.
>>
>>83173155
That's why I asked about American movie. I've seens the french one and they do indeed suck
>>83173452
I know I'm from belgium.
They only make "big budget blockbuster" stupid comedy or thinly veiled propaganda movie
If you want to gets funding you need to make a movies that pleases the big players in France
>>
>>83173452
>it's a nepotistic business that's why there is no talent over there
The movie industry is like this everywhere. The only part of the entertainment business where you'll find a vestige of merit is in the music business.
>>
>>83173630
It's worse than you could think. At least there are still talented filmmakers in the US. In France and Europe in general, there's nothing. If you're good, you better go to the US, I think talent is still appreciated over there although it seems to be changing for the bad. With creatures like JJ Abrams, this guy would never have been allowed near a camera 20 years ago
>>
File: being_american.png (227KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
being_american.png
227KB, 413x310px
>>83173452
>I know nothing about French cinema therefore it's shit
>>
File: manlets, manlets never change.webm (3MB, 1056x594px) Image search: [Google]
manlets, manlets never change.webm
3MB, 1056x594px
>>83173125
Kubrick wanted too but they couldn't find an actor short enough.
>>
>>83173178
Alexander was one of the few great man but honestly Napoleon is ahead.
He came from a country that overthrew his king - which made all monarchy hates the french (in europe that means every other country) and managed to fuck them up all.
He nearly conquered the untamable beast that is Russia and they only stopped them because they fuck their own country by burning everything in Napoleon path.
He then got arrested and the monarchy was restored but they dared not kill him for he was such a powerfull and reverred man.
He then came back from exile alone and went confronted by an army of french soldier he went in front of them and said something akin
" French, lower your weapon this is your emperor" and they fucking did.
He only lost Waterloo because he was already sick and one of his general arrived too late.
Apart from his millitary victories he made enormous change to the State, he created the Civil code which is still used this day and a lot of european country directly copied his
He is one of the single greatest man in the history of the world and would make for an epic movie
>>83173368
Why do they hate the french ?
>>
>>83173125
>greatest French leader of all time was actually Italian
>greatest French footballer of all time(platini) was actually Italian
KEK
>>
>>83173817
Dreyfus affair, WWII, De Gaulle pro Arab policy.
>>
File: america.jpg (83KB, 930x1020px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
83KB, 930x1020px
>>83173705
>In France and Europe in general, there's nothing.
ameriblubber pls
>>
>>83173844
He was from Corsica but nice display of geography once again burger
>>83173859
Dreyfus was defended by one of the reverred french writer and his pamphlet is still quite known today (J'accuse)
French were agains't nazi germany ! And they killed every collaborationnist after the war, they just got fucked over in a matter of two month because they sucked
> De Gaulle
What did he do ?
> pro Arab policy
Meaning? France as a very pro Jew policy.
They have the Licra (ligue contre racisme et antisémitisme) like racism was one thing but antisémitism is even worse.
The french president always bow down to jew association and frequent their dinner
They actively fight holocaust revisionism
Some french comics made a Joke about Israelist being as bad as Nazi with how they treated palestinian he got black listed and never appeared on french /tv/ again
two years from now the PRIME MINISTER personnally campaigned for his humor stand up to be banned he could not perform in France
A lot of the french /tv/ personalities are of Jewish origins
The licra wish is Anti fa group personnaly geared towards Jewish interest are still legal in France, for reference they were branded terrorist group and banned in the USA

Honestly and objectively France is a very Jew friendly country.
>>
>>83173155
Abel Gance's Napoleon is great, you ominous plebeian. And for the record I hate French films as a norm.
>>
>>83174453
Corsicans are literally island Italians force turned French.
>>
>>83173705
>At least there are still talented filmmakers in the US. In France and Europe in general, there's nothing.
hehehe le dumb american stereotype
>>
>>83174537
if he'd been born one year earlier he'd have been Italian
>>
>>83174503
>Silent
>5.5 hour long
Shieet i'm sure it's a good film but I would like a more recent takes on Napoleon that could at least interest plebeians
>>
>no movie about the fall of constantinople
>no movie about the siege of vienna
>no movie about napoleon
>no movie about caesar
>no movie about el cid
>no movie about joan of arc
>no movie real movies about the crusades outside of bloomdom in heaven
>>
>>83174611
> Movie about three girl slightly black that were glorified human calculator for the Nasa
Th...Thanks america. I guess...
>>
>>83174537
>>83174586
For the reste of history till today he would still be French
Anyway he repped the french tag, he made modern France he is as french as it gets.
Europe is kinda like the same familly
>>
>>83173125
You have at least two War And Peace films that last over 7 hours, stop bitching.
>>
>>83175333
Shut the fuck up you uncultured american swine you have more film on slavery than obese children in america
Don't be salty because no american ever got to half the level of greatness napoleon was
>>
>>83175482
>uncultured
I ain't the one who didn't read W&P. Also, your post is reeking of underage bait.
>>
Here are some people who good films could be made of
>olga of kiev
>lord nelson
>henry V
>diogenes of rhodes
>>
>>83175596
Is there any genuine epic style heroes from america though? Your country has no history really
>>
>>83175894
God Emperor Trump begs to differ.
>>
>>83175955
I mean i'm canadian so I can't talk, but the oldest stuff in america is probably boston so like 500 years old. When I traveled europe I frequently came across abbys and such that were over a thousand, especially in places like england they have stuff from thousands of years BC
>>
File: Reinhard.jpg (63KB, 960x701px) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard.jpg
63KB, 960x701px
>>83176021
Look at the current state of France and think about it a bit.
>>
>>83176066
All still beautiful countries. The refugees still make up a tiny percentage, so it's only bad in a few major cities. This was about 5 years ago though. Isn't america nearly majority non white?
>>
>>83173125
Next Nolan movie will be about Napoleon. My uncle works at Syncopy.
>>
>>83176108
France is slowly crumbling, so is Sweden and England. Of what use is dwelling on your historic achievements if your swimming in shit?
>>
>>83176157
I wouldn't say they are crumbling, they are more white than the USA and so is canada
>>
>>83176211
Yet they're in much bigger shit. Take a look at what's happening in those countries atm.
>>
>>83176108
7.5% of population of France is black
9% of population are arabs
>>
>>83173125
Nothing will top Abel Gance's silent classic.
Also I thought Fukunaga was gonna adapt Kubrick's Napoleon script?
>>
>>83176265
56% of the USA is black or mexican
>>
>>83176289
Mexicans are white, hardworking people. They are not like arabs and black people
>>
File: Flag_of_Prussia.png (20KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Prussia.png
20KB, 300x180px
Why are there nothing at all about Prussia? It's literally a rags-to-riches success story but for an entire country.

>be poor and weak northern german state
>get literally half of your population massacred in the thirty years war
>despite this manage to recover quickly enough to kick the shit out of sweden and poland
>reform the military into the highest quality in europe
>find yourself at war with all of your neighbours and still manage to win anyway
>strike the final blow against napoleon at waterloo after getting beaten badly beforehand
>kick the shit out of both austria and france to unite germany for the first time in 1000 years
>eventually become strong enough to rival britain as a world power
>then everything goes to shit
>>
>>83176457
Pfft, hahaha, yeah okay

As an American, I love France. They've been our best bro since our inception. It's been my dream since I was a little kid to visit.
>>
>>83176552
>muh nazis
Why do you think Soviets get a free pass in most WW2 films, while Germans are panned for being the worst scum ever?
>>
>>83173125
i read that he wasnt actually short
people were just bad at units of measurements or something
>>
>>83176619
What's propaganda?
>>
>>83176552
Prussia is totally overshadowed by Britain though, when people think of a little european power becoming a global empire Britain is the top of the list.
>>
>>83176289
>56% of the USA is black or mexican
they are christians
except for those muslim niggers
thats why mexicans are better than niggers
never met a muslim mexican in my life
>>
>>83173155
>He has but they all suck, because they are french movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iessP3U05jw
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092411/
>>
>>83176595
>As an American, I love France. They've been our best bro since our inception. It's been my dream since I was a little kid to visit.
France fucking hates you. You've never been there. How could you possibly "love them" if you've never had any experience with France? France is a shit country with shit people.
>>
>>83176715
They can't be muslims - same as Poles, Portugese, Spaniards, Italians or Irish - their Catholic programming makes it impossible - at most they can be atheist, but they would still live according to the Catholic teachings.
>>
>>83174648
>human calculator
Fun fact, before the advent of electronics the words calculator and computer were job titles for people who did nothing but math problems all day. Technology so thoroughly replaced these positions that those words exclusively refer to the electronic devices that replaced them.
>>
>>83176962

yea idk about the irish boy-o
there are a lot of those irish fuckers who converted over there in that faggot country called the cUK
>>
File: af2e6b05273b76efd26985a44b6b9b91.jpg (149KB, 974x1300px) Image search: [Google]
af2e6b05273b76efd26985a44b6b9b91.jpg
149KB, 974x1300px
It already exists. You'd know if you weren't a virtue signaling redditor who just heard bout Napoleon, read first paragraph from Wikipedia and thought epic for the win.
>>
I think putting him in Bill and Ted was enough napoleon fill for me hombre.
>>
>>83175894
George Washington was one of the most important human beings to the development of modern democracy. By limiting himself to two terms, he established the precedent for peaceful transitions of power. Europe has dissolved into war so many times since then, but through economic hardship and attacks by traitorous southerners, America has managed to maintain an unbroken line of democratic peace.

Also, Robert E. Lee was a fucking incredible general, he would have given Napoleon a run for his money.

Patton, Chesty Puller, and Carlos Hathcock are also some pretty amazing war heroes
>>
>glorifying some insecure white manlet

LOL
>>
>>83173125

Brits are still butthurt about him and their colony sympathises
>>
>>83176935
I feel Parisians may not like me but I wouldn't visit that shithole. I have a few online French friends that would like to meet with me. They live closer to Lyon and Annecy
>>
>>83177105
Is this the one where they hired the Soviet army to play the imperial Russian army?
>>
>>83177183
>Largest Empire on the planet.
>Butt hurt

Pick on my faggoty newfriend
>>
>>83173452
frenchy here
recent (90s to today) french cinema is atrocious

no clue about anything older since I'm an unrelenting and remorseless turbopleb
>>
>>83177193
>I feel Parisians may not like me
Parisians don't like anyone. They are notorious assholes. Even other french people don't like them.
>>
>>83177193
>Lyon and Annecy
bon goût, cher ami
>>
>>83177146
>Also, Robert E. Lee was a fucking incredible general, he would have given Napoleon a run for his money.
Well he did meet his own Waterloo.
>>
>>83177146
America had a frontier to conquer through most of its history, if you were getting tired of shit at home going west was always a viable alternative.
>>
It's not an american movie, but Waterloo is one of the best historical movies ever created.
>>
>>83176619
>people were just bad at units of measurements or something
There was no international standardization of weights and measure. A french foot wasn't the same thing as a british foot, and over the years Napoleon's manlet status became a meme.
>>
>>83174611
>no movie about caesar
The battle of alesia would translate perfectly onto the big screen, I don't know why no one has done it yet. I want to jerk off to roman siege tech on the big screen.
>>
>>83177543
>battle of alesia
actually it was more a siege than a battle
>>
>>83173794
Manlets...Absolutely EMBARRASSING
>>
>>83175596
Who said I didn't ?
Don't test me on literature burger
Go back to Bret Easton Ellis
>>
File: Seige_of_Alesia.gif (82KB, 440x225px) Image search: [Google]
Seige_of_Alesia.gif
82KB, 440x225px
>>83177605
It was both. In the middle of the siege a numerically superior army of reinforcements show up and Caesar orders another line of fortification built to fight off the siege on his siege.
It's begging for a big epic adaptation.
>>
>>83177105
> Why does one of the most grandiose man in Human history never had a grand epic american movie made about his life ?
If you weren't a virtue signaling redditor that has such a pitiful life he need to resort to faking having seen movies on a cambodian knitting board you could have read my post and seen that I was talking about an american adaptation.
My question was specifically why don't american care about Napoleon ?
Now gtfo you boasting faggot
>>83177146
Patton movie will never get made m8
>>83177193
French people are total bro.
I've been a few times to Paris but never really interacted with the autochtones but wouldn't be surprised if they were dick.
French people are welcoming and would love to have you but don't expect them to speak english lol
>>83177385
I'll check it thanks.
>>
File: 23424.jpg (76KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
23424.jpg
76KB, 400x473px
>>83173125
It has been made already.
>>
>>83174453
>Some french comics made a Joke about Israelist being as bad as Nazi with how they treated palestinian he got black listed and never appeared on french /tv/ again
qui?
>>
>>83176552

Nobody knows what Prussia is.
>>
>>83178296
>Patton movie will never get made m8

Sure of that, champ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066206
>>
>>83173125
Probably a good thing. To depict Napoleon's life properly in 2-3 hours would take an absolute artistic genius. Any Napoleon movie would almost certainly suck. The Alexander movie was garbage. It engaged in infantile hero-worship of Alexander and avoided the ugly aspects of his character and behavior.
>>
File: stanley-kubrick.jpg (103KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
stanley-kubrick.jpg
103KB, 500x435px
FADE IN:

INT. BEDROOM CORSICA - NIGHT

A well worn teddy-bear is cradled in the arms of Napoleon,age 4, who dreamily sucks his thumb, listening to a bedtime story told by his young mother, Letizia. His 5-year old brother, Joseph, is already asleep, beside him.

NARRATOR

Napoleon was born at Ajaccio in Corsica on August 15th, 1769. He had not been a healthy baby and his mother, Letizia, lavished him with care and devotion. In middle age, he would write about her from St. Helena.

NAPOLEON (V.O.)

My mother has always loved me. She would do anything for me.
>>
File: bg-titel-sw.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bg-titel-sw.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
FADE IN:

EXT. ITALIAN BATTLEFIELD - DAY

A long shot of the opposing French and Austrian armies
facing each other across the battlefield.

NAPOLEON (V.O.)

There is no man more cautious than I
am when planning a campaign. I
exaggerate all the dangers, and all
the disasters that might occur. I
look quite serene to my staff, but I
am like a woman in labor. Once I
have made up my mind, everything is
forgotten, except what leads to
success.

A cloud of sharp-shooters, some mounted, some on foot,
advance to harass the enemy, escaping from his superior
numbers, by their mobility, and from his cannon by their
dispersal.

Napoleon studies this exchange of fire to better
understand the enemy's position. Surrounded by his
entourage, he is on a wooded platform constructed in the
top branches of a large tree, overlooking the battlefield.

NAPOLEON (V.O.)

The art of war is a simple art.
Everything is in the execution.
There is nothing vague in it. It is
all common sense. Theory does not
enter into it. The simplest moves
are always the best.
>>
>tfw you'll never see a high budget Kubrick-directed biopic of Napoleon
>>
>>83176962
Spaniards?? Wasn't that apart of the caliphate during the 1000s
>>
>>83173125
Americans don't care about europoors killing themselves.
>>
>>83173817
>they only stopped them because they fuck their own country by burning everything in Napoleon path.
This is a misconception, in the Napoleonic invasion if 1821 they didn't do a "burning land" strategy, they simply retreated constantly because the Russian generals never thought they stood a chance in open ground combat, the only fight they took before Moscow was a hard loss.
What they did was burn Moscow to the ground when the french conquered it, forcing them to retreat and aplying from that point onwards guerrilla warfare, but that's not exactly the same, since the march to Moscow went pretty smooth.
>>
>>83178773

I know you're just having a meme but I wish to stress that the teddy bear is an anachronism and thus a historical inaccuracy in your treatment.

Could a stuffed toy bear have existed at this period, as a one-off? Of course, but insofar as it might look like our modern notion of a teddy bear, and insofar as its presence on screen would suggest that teddy bears as common children's toys are much older than they actually are, the depiction would be misleading.
>>
>>83177309

Hence the cultural push for the Moon/Mars.
>>
File: Cuirassier.jpg (60KB, 480x563px) Image search: [Google]
Cuirassier.jpg
60KB, 480x563px
>>83179078
Unfortunately this, the majority of our population is so fucking stupid that they find any historical event in which America didn't take part in to be unworthy of their attention.
It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>83178380
Dieudonné mbala mbala.
Tu ne dois pas être français sinon impossible que tu ne te rapelle pas de ça.
C était chez fogiel
>>
>>83179204
>he hasn't read the kubrick script
>>
>>83179060
Yeah but they reconquered their land and literally expelled all muslims and jews, that together with the fact that there wasn't much racial intermingling during the muslim occupation made the Spanish Empire heavily Catholic in nature.
>>
>>83179031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBFpw-459VU

Imagine
>>
>>83173125
based on OPs pic raisin boy from Utopia should lose a little bit of weight and then he'd be perfect
>>
>>83178571
I aggree. They should make a serie. Only one grand battle per season so they can make it big
>>
>>83179319
Thanks to a french once again. Charles martell blocked the maures advance
>>
>>83179129

The burning of Moscow was all the more effective due to the fact that it did not force the French to retreat. They stayed in the gutted capital for nearly a month.

And this is after engaging in the longest single march of Napoleon's career in the height of a drought, fighting a massive but indecisive field-battle, and losing convoys of supplies on the roads to partisan attacks. -- He sat and waited for a month.

Then and only then, after losing more than half his army, did he retreat and face the winter.

It's almost operatically bizarre.
>>
>>83176935
>France fucking hates you.
Says who ? Please remember Paris isn't the whole France and has probably the shittiest people. Avoid Marseille too and it's all good.
>>
>>83173125
ITT: OP subconsciously wants Napoleon's bio to be ruined by an American production.
>>
>>83177105
Abel Gance's production is glorious.
>>
>>83180282
motherfuck my dick I wish I had seen it like this holy fucking shit

live orchestra too

DAMN
>>
>>83179287
>comic
>dieudonnée
piques en un
>>
>>83180305
keep tabs on when it will be screened again.
https://www.napoleon.org/en/magazine/whats-on/abel-gances-napoleon/
until then - its on bluray and looks amazing.
>>
>>83174453
>Corsica
Even though it's owned by France, it's closer to Italian than French just culturally
>>
>>83174453
>killed every collaborationnist after the war
Explain how the FN exists then, considering it was practically founded by collaborators
>>
>>83174453
>they were branded terrorist group and banned in the USA
I thought this was just a meme petition pushed by /pol/dditors
>>
>>83176021
>boston so like 500 years old
ehh more like 400. The oldest stuff in the US are Native American stuff, most of which has been displaced during all those Indian Wars, followed by some Spanish forts built in Florida and the southwest back in the 1500s. Then Chesapeake bay area followed by Massachusetts in the 1600s if we're just focusing on Anglo settlements in the 13 colonies. Dunno when the Dutch got in the new York area, tho
>>
>>83179060
>He doesn't know about the reconquista
>>
>>83173125
The brits have spent two centuries comparing him to djinghis khan and hitler and all the worst people ever, vilifying him or making him the butt of jokes. British propoganda has succeded. Also, Napoleons life is in a sense too grand for any story to give proper justice to.
>>
>>83176230
>much bigger shit
Like? France still seems like a great country to live in. If I could speak French, I'd consider moving there
>>
>>83176605
He's probably talking about WWI
>>
>>83181103
>Dunno when the Dutch got in the new York area, tho
Dawn of the 1600's when Henry Hudson charted the area, they began settling shortly there after.
>>
>>83177146
>By limiting himself to two terms
He just got tired of the job. Dealing with all the factionalism that was developing got real tiresome really fast. IIRC Washington died a couple years after his last term ended. I'd say Jeferson is more responsible for setting it as an example since he could've gone on for more, but at that point it was already practically a one party state.
>>
>>83181544
>Dealing with all the factionalism that was developing got real tiresome really fast.
It was Washington that made sure the fledgling US didn't fall apart before it had a chance to get on its own feet.
>>
>>83180453
Désolé Schlomo t'as beau être offensé par ce qu'il dit mais on peut pas nier que Dieudonné est un comique et il a plus de fibre comique dans un cheveux que Kev Adams dans toute sa tignasse
>>83180800
Citation needed
>>83180851
Funny how you talks about reddit since you belong there.
>>83180282
Yeah seems like it's the only way to truly give justice to this kino
>>
>>83176122
RIP in piss memory of Napooleon
>>
>>83181170
>comparing him to djinghis khan and hitler
This honestly makes me so mad when people do this. Napoleon ushered in the end of feudalism and the beginning of modernity when he spread the ideals of the Revolution across Europe and they compare him to that genocidal maniac Hitler who would've killed all of Eastern Europe had he gotten the chance and the spreader of the Black Death, Genghis Khan, both of whom conducted their wars with highly unnecessary amounts of death and destruction, even to civilians and POWs, causing amongst the bloodiest wars in history.
>>
File: hungarian_jewish_merchant.jpg (114KB, 536x622px) Image search: [Google]
hungarian_jewish_merchant.jpg
114KB, 536x622px
whaddya mean, you want historical movies to feel proud of europe's glory and strong nations-- hey, it costs too much to produce and no one is interested... why you care about history so much my friend it's all in the past... forget about your ancestors achivements... here, watch another holocaust movie instead, this you must remember!
>>
>>83180800
>Explain how the FN exists then, considering it was practically founded by collaborators
Ferme ta gueule Shlomo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzuzdbosJKY

The biggest collaborators were French Jews ratting out non-French Jews; the LICA lobby which became the LICRA is responsible for betraying their fellow Jews to save their own skins; the exact same filthy kikes who are constantly spreading anti-FN bullshit.

JM Le Pen was a teenager during the war and tries to join the Resistance but they didn't let him because he was too young.

His VP Roger Holeindre also was a teenager and committed Resistant sabotage operations on his own, infiltrated a German outpost and stole MGs from under their noses when he was like 13!

Who gave power to Pétain? The Communists and the Socialists. Mitterand was rewarded by Pétain (La francisque). Do you ever hear the media (or French education) calling these parties and lobbies out on their collaborationist histories?
>>
What made Napoleon Bonerparts such a great general? I know he managed to conquer most of europe at one point or another, and installed his kin as kings and queens, but what made him so successful as a military commander? Was it just his autistic attention to detail or what?
>>
>>83173312

>People are surprised to hear he was 5'7"

I swear to god I've seen several documentaries that mention repeatedly how this is false and that he wasn't actually 5 7.

I am not sure I am correct or not tho.
>>
>>83185274

The few stuff I studied about him is that he did different things at the time. To enemy commanders he ''did war a different way, attacked on the left, then the right, then pulled back, then attacked again''.

So he simply did things no other general had done at the time perhaps because they had gotten stale or something.

Another thing is that he would march his troops a lot, covering greater distances than his enemies. Which, as far as I can remember, is what gave him a victory against the austrians since he reached them first before the russian army could come to help. Then he took on the Russians and defeated them.
>>
>>83173368
And the British aren't? So much so that even in Wonder Woman the big bad is a fucking British guy? Come the fuck on.

>>83173817
>he lost Waterloo because of this total bollocks

I've written papers on Waterloo and he most certainly didn't lose because 'he was already sick' and 'one of his generals (a general you can't even fucking name) arrived too late' (when in fact, Ney arrived in time and it was Ney's own poor decision making that cost Napoleon the battle).

I could school you in knowing absolutely nothing about Napoleon bar what shite you've read on /pol/ or /int/ or /his/ but I don't have the time to write several posts worth of shit to do so.
>>
>>83185321
He wasn't short
stop believing anglo propagando
>>
>>83174611
>>no movie about el cid>
Charleton Heston stars in one and its pretty good
>>
>>83174611
>>no movie about joan of arc
>>no movie about caesar

This is all factually fucking wrong though.

>>83185274
The Europe mainlander nations being stuck in the past. The UK being stuck with fighting America in War of 1812 and murdering Indians in India. As soon as the UK got involved in the Peninsula War, France got wrecked. People hype Napoleon up, not because he was super amazing god like (when Wellington never lost a single battle for comparison sake) but because Napoleon was generally a great leader, tactician and statesman. He did more than just lead guys on a battlefield, he inspired French generals to be better generals, he inspired his people to be better people, he made his country believe it was possible for France to conquer the world (as post 1776, France was bankrupt funding America's proxy War with the British and ultimately caused France's failure to hang onto key parts of the planet). As it was, Napoleon managed to do things his rivals in mainland Europe couldn't do.
>>
>>83183610
go to bed Marion; you lost, get over it
>>
>>83185694
>he wasn't short

He was short though in comparison. Wellington was 6ft tall which was positively gigantic for somebody in the 19th century. Blucher was also a similar height to Napoleon iirc. So that's what the media went with. Nothing propaganda about it, simply that compared to Wellington he was smaller and people remembered the final meeting, obviously.
>>
File: joan-poster4.jpg (54KB, 438x599px) Image search: [Google]
joan-poster4.jpg
54KB, 438x599px
>>83174611
Joan of arc
>>
>>83173209
No he basically made Lyndon instead of Napoleon. Napoleon got canned because of the flop Waterloo (1970).
>>
>>83173125
Kubrick and Charlie Chaplin failed.
>>
>>83186003
Luc Besson directed, paid for by a French studio.
France has a vast and epic history and yet Hollywood writers won't touch it.
>>
File: vercingetorix_70806_21720.jpg (70KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
vercingetorix_70806_21720.jpg
70KB, 600x404px
>tfw to intelligent to win alesia
>>
>>83187554
hin hin hin
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.