[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So obviously, we all know Alien 3 was not that great, and that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: Alien3_poster.jpg (53KB, 283x412px) Image search: [Google]
Alien3_poster.jpg
53KB, 283x412px
So obviously, we all know Alien 3 was not that great, and that the movie underwent a bajillion re-writes, and was an all around fuck up.

What would you have done to make it better, and what would you have liked to have seen?

I personally wouldn't have killed of Newt and Hicks. Either I would have had only Ripley and Bishops pods get dropped off in the EEV, or just had them in comas for the entire film.
>>
Good question. Not killing Newt would have been problematic because the actress was 6 years older, also she never acted in anything else so my guess is she wasn't a good actress or didn't care to be one.

I always thought the next logical step was an Alien outbreak on earth but I don't really have a script, it would have been tough because once they're roaming free the only way to end it would have been a virus or something weak like that.
>>
>>83169212

That's why I would have preferred Newt and Hicks just not being jettisoned from the Sulaco, would have been a good way to write them out of the film, and still have them survive.

I think the idea of an Earth outbreak is too much for those films, just because I can't see the Xenos being able to do that much to an entire planet. It's implied pretty heavily that the Colonial Marines in Aliens were far from the cream of the crop, so I'd imagine more competent marines would probably hold their own pretty well.

I'd like the idea of An Alien Isolation situation though, a big ass space station taken over by them.
>>
>>83169152

Used the Assembly Cut.

Killing Newt works for me. They needed a way to explain how Ripley was infected and how Newt survived so long in Aliens.
>>
>>83169433

Newt survived cos she could hide in places the Xenos couldn't fit, and after they took all the other colonists, they just hung out in the atmospheric processor, so Newt didn't have to worry about them as much.

I would like to know how the Queen got an egg into the Sulaco though.
>>
>>83169463

Xenos are super strong and one was crawling around the airducts in the first movie. Not to mention they're not always huge. Surely one of the newborns could snag her.
>>
>>83169644

They're not impossible to hide from, they are animals after all.

Not to mention, most of them wouldnt have been around, since they had to pop out of the colonists first. Probably there was only a dozen or so, and the rest were born after the colonists got rekt.
>>
>>83169796

They're still around and so is she. I'm not saying it's impossible she could have hid, but the Xenos not going after her because she was carrying makes more sense than being outwitted by a kid.
>>
>>83169152
Hicks died because Biehn wanted a wad of cash to appear. As a fuck you, they killed him instead hahahha

I love Biehn though, that concept art released recently was incredible.
>>
>>83169463
I always thought that Bishop took the egg onto the Sulaco.
>>
>>83169152
Behhh

Ripples, Nuke and Kips continue their adventures, with their busted robot Biship. I liked the idea of the Queen laying eggs on their ship so keep that there.

After Weyland Yutani fuckers have docked their escape pod and hence taken the eggs, a hive queen is birthed on their giant freighter approaching Earth. Shit has already hit the fan when they wake up from hypersleep

The story continues the Weyland Yutani vs Ripley saga as some survivors on the ship wish to preserve the Alien queen while our protagonists plan on destroying it.

The entire movie is set on the freighter, cliffhanging when it crashes to earth, opening up the sequel of 'Earth Hive' where the world becomes infested with queens and xenos

This is all anyone wants to see
>>
>>83170235
Mind blown. Would use this twist in my plot >>83170418. Bishop was working for the company after all.
>>
>>83170140

Nah, up until the last re-write, he was set to appear, and he was fine with that. But then they killed him off, so he made them pay him what he got for Aliens, for the rights to use his picture in 3.

>>83170235

Fuck that, would prefer the other fan theory, that the queen just keeps an egg up her ass for emergencies.
>>
The assembly cut is great except for the chase scene being too long. This is the official alien kino powerlist

Alien > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien: R

Will need to rewatch Covenant again soon with commentary and deleted scenes.
>>
>>83170770

As if you would put Prometheus above Aliens.

I like Prometheus, but it is nowhere near as good as Aliens.
>>
File: 0876 - qE6LXKK.jpg (10KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
0876 - qE6LXKK.jpg
10KB, 251x242px
>it's yet another rerun of the i rewatch alien 3 and try my damndest to convince myself i sort of kind of like it for the tenth time episode
>>
>>83170970

Not him, but I would. I didn't care for Aliens as part of the overall universe of Alien. It's a fun little action movie on its own, but it derails everything.
>>
>>83171086

The problem is, making a sequel to Alien, and having it be another spoopy horror film wouldn't have worked as well, and may have led to a franchise like Friday the 13th, or Halloween.

And you cant deny the major influence Aliens has had on the sci-fi/action genres.

And even taking it on its own merits, its still a better film than Prometheus.
>>
>>83170970
To be fair the last time I watched Aliens it was the director's cut which was just so dull, and I really don't care for the SPESS MAREENS.
>>
>>83171167

I like the director's cut. Shows some cool stuff, like the colonists getting infected, and Ripley's grief over her daughter, which makes why she's so immediately protective of Newt make more sense.
>>
>>83171233
I like it but only as a second view. The movie's pacing is way better without that stuff and the giveaway of what happened to Newt's family takes away all the intrigue.
>>
File: OMN.png (448KB, 1032x542px) Image search: [Google]
OMN.png
448KB, 1032x542px
>>83169152
I would've fired that hack Fincher and hired Joss "The Boss" Whedon to ensure another masterpiece.
>>
>>83171259

I can understand that.

I think the only scenes that shouldnt have been deleted are the scene where she finds out about her daughter, and the sentry gun scene.
>>
>>83169152
I would've kept the Doctor and the Warden alive 'til closer to the end. They, along with Dillon, were the only strong characters surrounding Ripley. The script suffered from their death mid-film.
>>
Alien 3 > Alien > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien covenant
>>
>>83171428
Alien = Aliens = Alien3 (assembly cut w/ theatrical ending) = AvP 2 (2001) > shit > ... > Alien Resurrection > the rest of Alien-related media combined
>>
I like the extended cut more than Aliens.
>>
>>83171118

True to a degree, but you could eliminate Aliens and not miss a beat. Aliens was a change-up, but ultimately shelved the verse.

>And you cant deny the major influence Aliens has had on the sci-fi/action genres.

Alien is scifi/horror, not action. There-in lies the problem. It takes the mask off and you can never put it back on.

Prometheus despite it's flaws goes in a different direction, returning to scifi horror and adds mystery onto it.

Covenant is just shit, though. It takes all the problems A3 had to deal with and compounds them 1000x times.
>>
File: 1321654564411.jpg (64KB, 712x556px) Image search: [Google]
1321654564411.jpg
64KB, 712x556px
>>83169152
>3 times
christ, what a bunch of absolute tossers (that are perfectly complemented by retards, which have decided to replace the sequel number with exponent)
>>
File: kid_computer.jpg (70KB, 399x265px) Image search: [Google]
kid_computer.jpg
70KB, 399x265px
>>83171273
Fincher was one of the few people trying to hold the film together FFS. Everything good about it is down to him.
>>
>>83171403
>They, along with Dillon, were the only strong characters surrounding Ripley.
Which was why they got wasted early. Leaving Ripley alone among rapists and murderers, with no authority figures to keep order, accentuated her vulnerability.
>>
>>83171561

The parts of the franchise that went back to horror have done fairly well. Alien 3 had some pretty spoopy bits in it, as did Prometheus.

Alien Isolation, though not a movie, proved that Xenos can be fucking scary again.

Ultimately, I'm glad Cameron took the franchise in the direction he did, at the very least it proves that Alien can be either scary, or action packed.

The problem is the studios, they fucked over Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection. It turned both Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet off the franchise, and in the case of the latter, American cinema entirely. Hell, even the official novelist refused to come back cos of the bullshit Fox put him through.
>>
>>83170646
>Nah, up until the last re-write, he was set to appear, and he was fine with that.

Hicks wasn't in any draft other than as a body after the '88 Gibson draft, which didn't have Ripley.
>>
>>83172174

The details of them fucking Fincher over are well-documented with the scripts to prove it.

Resurrection.. I've read a few different drafts and they all have the same problems. The problem there really was Whedon.
>>
>>83172209

I'm sure i read somewhere that he was sposed to be in it for ages.

>>83172258

Didn't they actually have rewrites to the script for 3, as they were filming?

Also, I think that Cameron taking the franchise in the other direction was somewhat needed.

The main reason Alien was such a good horror movie is that the Alien is a complete unknown. We didn't know anything about it, or what it could do, so the whole movie kept you scared and guessing, because of that.

A sequel wouldn't have been as scary, because then its something we've already seen.

That's a problem with any horror franchise really. Either its just more of the same (Halloween, Friday the 13th) or they add more and more bullshit, and retcon shit (Paranormal Activity, Blair Witch, Insidious) which just takes away the scares.
>>
>>83172209
>>83172323

http://www.cbr.com/michael-biehn-paid-more-alien-3-than-aliens/

Well, there you go.

Can't say I blame him for being mad though.
>>
>>83172323
>Didn't they actually have rewrites to the script for 3, as they were filming?
Weaver brought in her own writers who were literally making it up as they went along.

How they managed to make a halfway-comprehensible movie out of this mess was an absolute miracle.
>>
>>83172323

>I'm sure i read somewhere that he was sposed to be in it for ages.

Could be true. The Gibson drafts are 1988. I just did a run-through and he's not in any subsequent draft. He's not in the Red draft, which was basically if Alien was set on the ship at the end of Interstellar. 3 years is a long time.

And yeah, they were still rewriting while he was filming. That's how they were able to do that Assembly Cut out of the pieces.

>>83172323

Good comparison with Blair Witch. Like that, the best direction they could go after Alien was a prequel, but they didn't.

I don't mind Alien on its own and I agree with what you mean. Like I said, though, I'm talking in terms of the overall universe of Alien, it's the thing that sticks out.
>>
>>83172495

*Aliens on its own

>>83172355

By being "in" a movie, I assume you mean the character is more than just a body. The earliest drafts of A3 are literally about Hicks and Newt.
>>
>>83172461

Yeah, I'm astounded that it was anywhere near decent.
>>83172495

It does stick out, I know what you mean there. If Alien 3 had not been the cluster fuck it was, they probably could have returned it to the horror roots fairly well, and maybe made Resurrection more actiony, sort of have a bit of a pattern go on. But unfortunately both of them ended up crap.

>>83172567
That article seems to point to him not being aware that he was sposed to be in any of them, I assume due to the rewrites happened before anything set in stone was to happen.

What I heard was he was signed on, and ready to film and they cut him out last minute, which must have been an urban legend.
>>
>>83172842

> which must have been an urban legend.

It could be true. Like I said, my definition being in a movie is being alive and interacting with the other characters. Or there are subtle rewrites after the Jan 11 draft.

Their insistence on including Ripley in 3 and especially 4 were big problems.
>>
>>83173115

3 I was ok with, but 4 was just retarded.

I don't mind cloning so much, but they should have just cloned the Xenos, and had them break out.
>>
File: 1478251659771.jpg (85KB, 469x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478251659771.jpg
85KB, 469x700px
It would have been 10/10 kino if they left in the pegging scene
>>
>>83174188

I am curious as to why Sigourney is dressed a dominatrix.
>>
>>83171561
>but you could eliminate Aliens and not miss a beat.

You could eliminate Terminator 2 from that franchise and nothing would change besides missing the best movie of the franchise.

Same goes for Aliens. Faggot.
>>
>>83169152
There's nowhere to go after Aliens.
Should have ended the franchise there.
>>
File: 1494636975653.jpg (90KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494636975653.jpg
90KB, 800x600px
>>83169152
I would have played more on the fact that she was in a prison full of rapists. Make the English guy a creepy serial killer like the doctor from Predators.

Because the Xeno uses egregious criminals as hosts, the adult Xeno becomes more aggressive and sadistic, killing people with the slowest and most excruciating method just for the hell of it. Basically it becomes a psychopathic Xeno.
>>
>>83174631

Thank God you aren't a writer because that sounds retarded as fuck
>>
File: 1460456875722.jpg (110KB, 960x774px) Image search: [Google]
1460456875722.jpg
110KB, 960x774px
>>83174474
Why to force her sweaty toes down my throat of course
>>
>>83174631
I never thought of that one, cool stuff.
The Dragon should have looked uncomfortably more like a women,
>>
Long ago, in the vast reaches of Deep Space, a mysterious civilization built a mysterious space station between four star systems. On this station there was water, plants, even animals all living in artificial harmony, but there were also secrets, waiting to be unlocked.

For years, "Crossroads" as the station has come to be called, serves a refueling depot and port-of-call for pirates, smugglers and working-class spacers, order enforced by the Baron, an individual with a grudge against the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

He has spent years trying to unlock the secrets of the space station, to open hidden rooms within the structure. He sends a team of bounty hunters to collect an item he calls the Key, a device that will allow him complete control of the station's systems.

However, the bounty hunters find the Key in an abandoned facility filled with Xenomorph eggs, and one of them is infected. They bring him onto their ship and put him in cryo. The Baron, not knowing the threat, allows them to bring him on board so his medical staff can look at him.

Of course, the xenomorph emerges just as the Baron activates the Key causing a system-wide reboot. The station has minimal power and has gone dark everywhere. The xenomorph begins stalking people and drags them to the depths of the station, where more eggs have been kept in stasis. Soon, a whole swarm of xenos descends on the station, and a rag-tag team of pirates, bounty hunters, and spacers must defend themselves from a horde of xenomorphs looking to infect everybody.
>>
>>83174507

>can't follow conversations
>thinking aliens is the best film in the xenoverse

No school today, kid?
>>
>>83174875
>Muh ad hominem

Aliens is the best film in Alien franchise.
>>
File: 1466764879561.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1466764879561.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
Adapt Aliens Book One and Book Two.

Killing Hicks was the worst decision ever.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.