[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't normies like this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: themonarch.jpg (10KB, 246x204px) Image search: [Google]
themonarch.jpg
10KB, 246x204px
Why don't normies like this show?
>>
>>83157201
Because it's a show about failure and the life of a normie doesn't have much.

Also, cartoons with long form, multi-season story archs rarely get popular. Also, 6 episodes every 2 years lmao
>>
File: kill.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
>>83157201
Because Ricky and Morty is zany and in your face! WUBADUBDUB etc.

normies can't appreciate nuance and development
>>
it can get confusing as hell
>>
File: tumblr_oap7rg2Kov1v8zk1mo1_500.png (201KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oap7rg2Kov1v8zk1mo1_500.png
201KB, 500x496px
huh. you know i never really thought about that. archer is a really popular normie cartoon, and it has long running seasons just like venture bros does. what does archer have that venture bros doesn't?
>>
>>83157853
normie """humor"""
>>
Dr. Girlfriend - normies will never understand that shit
>>
>>83157201
I love the show to death but all characters started to have the same speech pattern and using the same expressions and there are like 3 funny jokes per season, and the plot became aggressively uninteresting
>>
i've notice i tend to gravitate toward shows thst have alot of pop culture references, black and gray morality, parody, and continuity gags.

something that normies are turned off by
>>
>>83158000
At first her voice was off putting. Now it gets me hard.
>>
>>83158000
>>83158099
>>83158135
All very accurate
>>
>>83157201
The concept of subculture is integral to the show. For instance, consider how often supervillainy is treated like gay or BDSM subculture.

It's show about children who wanted to be super scientists and grew up to be quizboys.
>>
>>83158135
same, any recs?
>>
>>83158248
but there is a quizboy. Billy.
>>
File: 3247_original.jpg (393KB, 1650x974px) Image search: [Google]
3247_original.jpg
393KB, 1650x974px
This is the show that Rick and Morty wish it was instead of a Futurama and Back to the Future ripoff.
>>
>>83158099
i love the show too, but i think it would have been better ending on the season 4 finale. it hasn't become bad, it just doesn't seem like it has any good reason to carry on imo.
>>
>>83157853
quips
>>
File: Shore Leave.gif (642KB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
Shore Leave.gif
642KB, 312x176px
>>83158529
>doesn't have quips
>>
My older brother is the biggest chad normie of all time and he's the only one I know who watches this show
>>
>>83157201
>>83158689
/tv/ somehow takes the worst aspects of /r9k/ and the worst aspects of /pol/ and combines them
>>
>>83158980
What are the best aspects of /r9k/?

also why even mention /pol/?
>>
>>83158369
I should have said "for" instead of "about". Basically

Child: my intelligence will make me Sherlock Holmes

Adult: I sure know a lot of useless nerd trivia
>>
>>83157853
Phrasing
>>
>>83158367
Rick and Morty
>>
This show is immensely popular on reddit.

So is The Leftovers, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Twin Peaks, The Expanse, The Sopranos, Rome, and Samurai Jack.

/tv/ is just a lonelier reddit
>>
>>83157201
because there are two years between seasons.
>>
>>83157201

Stopped watching after the prom night episode. As far as Im concerned the series concluded there , with that great Pulp song.

Worth watching the new? I hated not having Brock. Fucking guys need to accept he is the star of the show.
>>
>>83157201
Stopped watching when they turned the Monarch into a cuck
>>
>>83161257
literally just checked. samurai jack subreddit has less than 30k subs and the venture bros one has less than 20k. compare that to over 470k for rick and morty

in what reality is either of those shows "immensely popular" in your eyes
>>
>>83157201
Built on references to somewhat obscure and forgotten 60's cartoons.
>>
>>83161418
When talking Plebbit it really only matter what's considered "normalfag" on the site that is popular. For example, the Call of Duty subreddit has only 49,000 subscribers when Battlefield 1 alone has a subreddit with 180,000 subscribers. Literally the less popular something is IRL, the more popular it is on /v/eddit. That's just how contrarian they are. I just can't figure out why Venture Bros isn't more popular though.
To be fair, r/science has 17 million subscribers, meaningwhile /sci/ on 4chan can barely pass 3 posts a minute. /tv/ has up to 17 posts per minute.
>>
>>83161412
They turned him into a fag too.
With 21.
>>
I probably hate doctor venture more than the monarch

if he didn't exist this show would be 10x better. He's only funny when he actually knows science and just sucks at it, like in the episode with the mutants and radiation, rather than just being an annoying trust fund failed child star
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.