[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (317KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317KB, 1280x853px
Some grill was talking to me about this show. Is it worth watching, or should I just wiki it?
>>
File: American-Gods-Episode-3.jpg (67KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
American-Gods-Episode-3.jpg
67KB, 672x372px
Yes. Skip to episode 3.
>>
>>83143724
Thanks, why skip tho?
>>
>>83144008
Because he's a fucking faggot.
>ever skipping episodes
>>
>>83144008

Don't think there's any reason to skip anything - hell I would argue ep02 has some of the best scenes in the show so far.

Troubles is the directing is self-indulgent to th epoint of being bothersome at times. And things will probably be a bit hard to grasp if you're not a fan of the subject at hand.

I think it's worth sticking with though.
>>
>>83144311
Other shows Ive liked are Sopranos, True Detective, and Breaking Bad
>>
>>83144417

Going to be somewhat different to any of those. It's not story centric - the whole plot of the 600 pages original book could be summed up in a couple of pages.

Now the original book works on two levels; the character relationships, as the main character gets dragged into that strange new world, and on a more meta level the relationship between stories and people and how they shape one another.

I'm not convinced about the show myself, it's been a bit hit and miss so far - seems to me like with the way they paced things, seeing it all in a binge session might be better. But when it works, I think it works real well, and is worth experiencing.
>>
>>83143673
Laura is one of the shittiest characters in TV history, she deserves to go to hell.
>>
>>83145427
she'll get the void, thats much worse
>>
>>83145550
Maybe, maybe she'll be unconscious for eternity.
I'm not entirely sure that "there will be darkness" means she'll be lucid for all it.
>>
>>83145655
she gets nothing. she will stop existing. all traces of her soul will be gone im pretty sure
>>
>>83145865
So she gets to sleep for eternity, that's too good for her.
If some seriously fucked up shit doesn't happen to her in the series she will have gotten of pretty much scot-free despite being a huge cunt.
>>
>>83145938
Shadow shouldn't have given her his hard earned luck. Not like he had any idea at the time but still.
>>
>>83143673
STARZ N SHIEEET
>>
>>83146187
yes he should have, he would have been hanged otherwise
>>
>>83145427

I really don't get the apparent violence in the rejection of her character by some people.

Sure, she's unlikable, but I find she's interesting - in no small part because she's unlikable.
>>
>>83143673
if youre into graphic voilence, male and female nudity, fantasy, and weird shit, yeah give it a try. i like it so far.
>>
>>83146386
She's shitty to everyone she meets, even jacquel.
Maybe I'm angry because she got blacked or something, but she's never been anything but shitty and she doesn't even seem apologetic.
>>
>>83146485
>She's shitty to everyone she meets, even jacquel.

I don't know, I quite like her no-nonsense attitude toward Anubis. The "no, *you* don't get to judge me" thing. Sure, it's disrespectful, but then just because to *him* he's doing her a favor doesn't mean the sentiment has to be reciprocated.

Kinda highlight the problem of him being there in the first place, but in a way that I find is more interesting than simple surprise and interrogation.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.