[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what he is rebelling against?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: marlon brando of our times.png (228KB, 366x496px) Image search: [Google]
marlon brando of our times.png
228KB, 366x496px
So what he is rebelling against?
>>
Puberty
>>
shadows
>>
society's dhrama
>>
>>83138462
all of it, man
>>
>>83138462
What do you got?
>>
this is one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen on television. im really REALLY hoping wally brando isnt just this one episode.

Is he named "Wally" because that was the name of Marlon Brando's lover? Wally Cox right?
>>
sometime's he just wanna get on his bike and go
>>
>>83138462
The jews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN17c2v2Vgk
>>
>>83138462
Whaddaya got?
>>
>read Jack Kerouac once
>>
> http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/michael-cera-twin-peaks-cameo-watch.html

Who wrote this garbage?
>>
>>83138720
>Michael, improvise!
>>
>>83138720
t.pleb
>>
I don't think that he is the real Wally. I think Lucy and Andy's son died young and it put them in a psychological state of shock where everything needs to remain unchanged for them. A chronic state of denial. I think many years ago Frank Truman hired the young man, who is/was a wanna be theater actor, to play their son in order to help them cope. I think he promised his brother Harry he would take care of them and this is his way of doing it. Truman called the false Wally to return when he heard Lucy and Andy talking about finally converting Wally's room into a place for the two of them. He wanted the false Wally to convince them to do so in hope they will start to move on and snap back to reality in some way.
>>
File: 2345234532534555.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
2345234532534555.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>83138885
What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing?
>>
>>83138921
Lucy is still wearing the same clothing and hairstyle - When confronted with technology that doesn't fit into her mental time frame it is enough of a shock to make her pass out (on this note, notice the true technologically advanced call-in and dispatch station is kinda hidden in the back and operated by a different woman) - I think they changed over to a more advanced heating system too but left the thermostat knob there for her, which is why the heating isn't corresponding with the thermostat when they are not in the building - Lucy asks which Sherriff Truman, which confuses the insurance guy because to her there is still two, but to everyone else, there has only been one for a long time now.

The only picture we see of Lucy and Andy and Wally together is when he is a young boy. No recent pics on her desk.
>>
>>83138720

Michael Cera actually was one of the best scenes with his acting in the show. His part was meant to be awkward, somewhat pitifully likeable, and then ultimately sad and devastating. It's to show how despite the "comedy" of the dumb parents, they're actually sad and the product of their relationship is this kid that instead of being a mixture of the characteristics above, or turning out to be a quality person, he is actually nothing and bouncing around between all of those characteristics and a pinheaded pinball. He is actually also being directed to look like he is trying hard not to laugh, as Cera already does in other things he is in, because it is clearly forced here.

The themes of the show already satirize how dialogue, emotion, tempo, and perspective are made and shown in television and movies and people don’t understand that the dialogue with Andy and Lucy is meant to be jarring and unfunny. The product of their relationship, Wally, was supposed to show really how jarring television should be in portraying this aspect and was purposefully meant to be one of the most disturbing and awkward scenes in the show.

This is also symbolized by the fact that he travels across the country and his "dharma is the road."

It shows as a bad scene because he actually is sad to watch and it comes across as off for a production. He was purposefully given spacey and cliff-like dialogue because he is slowly dropping down and bouncing around.
>>
>>83139045
These are the kinds of posts that keep me coming back. Thank you.
>>
Is Wally autistic?

And reminder Wally is the next James because MUH MOTORCYCLE
>>
>>83138462
I laughed at the idea that Andy and Lucy gave birth to Michael Cera turned out to be true

I don't know what it is but characters suddenly showing up just like that without a ''proper introduction'' really did something for me
>>
>>83138462
The patriarchy.
>>
>>83138462
Grammar
>>
>>83139045

I meant to add that it is somewhat humorous of course but not in a usual way and it is mainly supposed to be sad, awkward, and disturbing as well.
>>
File: 5 star post.jpg (44KB, 351x440px) Image search: [Google]
5 star post.jpg
44KB, 351x440px
>>83138506
fpbp
>>
>>83138462
lost my shit so hard at this bit. the whole dialogue and delivery
"as you know, your brother, my GODFATHER, HARRY ASS TRUMAN, is ill"
>>
>>83138462
Good acting.
>>
>>83140643
the pronunciation of "Caucasian" did it for me.
>>
>>83139045
what the hot fuck are you on about? its just supposed to be funny that this goofy kid takes himself so seriously. think linus from peanuts or max fisher in rushmore.reminded me of albert's monologue about being a pacifist from the original run.
>>
>>83143001
I meant that the other way around lol I am in the middle of something.

*mistaking general jagged seriousness and sharp fork-tounged writing that is funny too of course for awkwardness and bad writing.
>>
>>83142017
yeah I meant it is supposed to have a serious side but it is pretty funny. People are mistaking general jagged seriousness and sharp fork-tounged writing that is funny too of course for awkwardness and bad writing.
>>
He's clearly supposed to be Dick Tremayne's son. The dandyish, effete mannerisms are the same.
>>
File: Al-Pacino-Heat.jpg (43KB, 616x396px) Image search: [Google]
Al-Pacino-Heat.jpg
43KB, 616x396px
>>83139045
>Actual tv/film analysis on my board
Fuck off normie, learn proper shitposting and memetic techniques before the next time you post, ok?
>>
>>83145564

I thought it was implied that it was funny too, but that people were ignoring a serious side and mistaking it and sharp fork-tounged writing, that is funny too of course, for awkwardness and bad writing. I meant to add of course it has comedic value in it.
>>
>>83145826
Nah youre good big dog, I was just memeing. I liked your post. Have an upvote my man :^)
>>
>>83138462
was this scene supposed to be funny
>>
>>83146616
it went well with the tone of the show
>>
>>83138462
Heterosexuality.
>>
File: 200w_s.gif (22KB, 200x105px) Image search: [Google]
200w_s.gif
22KB, 200x105px
>>83138462
Against showing scenes in the trailer that don't appear in the final cut.
>>
>>83139003
i'm really shocked how much sense that makes.
>>
File: boat-886488_960_720.jpg (218KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
boat-886488_960_720.jpg
218KB, 960x720px
>>83138462
Flying Boats...Anti-road vehicles for anti-road people.
>>
>>83147376
it's just a reddit pasta
>>
>>83138462
I thought this was a joke on how the writers handed James in season 2
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.