[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have so many people criticized this guy's acting in the OT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I've always thought he did a pretty good job as a naive farmboy, then a guy learning the force, etc... Not Bogart or Brando levels, sure, but decent. Especially when compared to the crap acting in the Disney wars (basically everyone except Adam Driver sucked).
>>
>>83138219

IV - whining farmboy
V - confused naive padawan
VI - cold blooded

I see nothing wrong
>>
File: IMG_2434.jpg (83KB, 599x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2434.jpg
83KB, 599x588px
>>83138219
Because he's compared to their autistic Mary Sue Xenomorph waifu and the autists they are go full sperg mode when you say "Luke was not a bad character, Rey is." Nobody genuinely dislikes Luke they just hate seeing people put him on a pedestal over their Xeno-waifu
>>
>>83138219
For the same reason that people started to pretend to think that Lynda Carter was a bad Wonder Woman in the run-up to the new film being released - paid shills and unpaid tumblr cipher people.
>>
Agreed -- for a heroic main character, he had sort of a thankless role, since much of his arc depended upon him being kind of whiny and fallible for much of the films.

Very underrated, especially in Empire: he spent three quarters of his screen-time either alone or interacting with puppets, droids,and a stunt-man in an expressionless Darth Vader helmet. He had the hardest role in the original series.

(I will grant that in some scenes in Jedi, he plays it a little too smug, somewhere between Michael Corleone and Ben from Blue Velvet -- 'Soon I'll be dead, and you with me.' -- but a lot of that has to do with Lucas half-assing his character in Jedi. Luke was clearly originally supposed to have been a more ambiguous figure, to make his temptation to the dark side a real possibility -- but it only partially survived rewrites and additions of ultimately pointless character-time-wasting action sequences. (Also, Luke's lame introduction as a hologram totally undermines the drama of his actual on-set appearance in which he is cloaked like the Emperor.)
>>
>>83138219
Because he's not jew and looked like an aryan on top of it. Some people didn't like and even accused George Lucas of being racist because there wasn't enough diversity to their liking.
>>
>>83138592
Exactly. No one criticized Hamill's acting until they needed to defend Daisy Ridley's horrid performance.
>>
He was by far the best out of the trio

I will never understand the love for classic Ford
>>
>>83138749
>This is your mind on /pol/
>>
i always associate luke skywalker with his performance, you could be onto something
>>
>>83138592
>Knows more about the Millennium Falcon than Han does
Was it ever explained how she knows fuck all about piloting to start with?
>>
>>83138592
>>83138645
>>83138908
Oldfag here. This is false. People were criticizing Hamill's performance even before the prequels came out.
>>
>>83139864
I think people confuse "most charismatic actor" with "best actor".
>>
Is 70s acting different than modern acting? I think it is, but I can't pinpoint the reasons
>>
File: 1450030987148.jpg (77KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
1450030987148.jpg
77KB, 612x380px
>>83138219
Go rewatch them my man
No one in the ot is a good actor
>>
>>83138714
Agreed. That's a great point about him having to act across from puppets, etc.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.