[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one on this board who actually LIKES this movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: the martian.jpg (2MB, 1599x2362px) Image search: [Google]
the martian.jpg
2MB, 1599x2362px
Am I the only one on this board who actually LIKES this movie?
>>
File: varg-vikernes.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.png
581KB, 762x464px
Stop liking shit movies.
>>
>>83132324
I liked the directing.
>>
I don't know I would go so far as to say I liked it. It's not terrible, merely passable.
>>
>>83132324
the book is fun and interesting. i don't really like matt damon. any nobody freshface could've played the part
>>
I liked it but it would've been better with Chris Pratt in the lead 2bh
>>
>>83132324
I read the book first, and enjoyed it. Since the movie is the book, almost exactly, I enjoyed it as well.

A black guy with the name Kapoor. hmmmmm
>>
It's decent. Mediocre.
>>
Yeah, I liked this movie. I always dip my potatoes in vicodin now.
>>
>>83132324
yes, tripfag. you are a special snowflake
>>
>>83132324
yes because you're the redittor, KILLKID
>>
Book Watney: "Shit fuck cunt I have to drive this dodgy piece of shit clapped out rover across this shitfucked dirtbowl with a hellstorm chasing me and all I have to eat are motherfucking potatoes, dying would sure be nicer than the shit I am putting up with"

Movie Watney: "Ayy lmao come pick me up im just hangin out on mars still maybe bring me some music that isnt disco lol"

A short movie length didn't have to mean totally killing the tone and cutting out most of the challenges faced. He hangs out on Mars for a potato picnic in the movie version. Another story mangled to appeal to americans.
>>
>>83132324
No, it was my favorite film of 2016.

And even if you don't feel that way, you have to agree it was better than HUUUUUGH HNNNNNN AAAAHHHH GRRRRRR HNNNNNGH AAAHHHHHGHHH M-MUH S-SON AAAHHHGHHHH
>>
>>83134411
Kek
>>
Fuck you Mars
>>
The dad rock soundtrack ruined it for me.
>>
i dont watch movies
>>
>>83132324
its very bland but its also pretty enjoyable
>>
File: 1415229016891.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1415229016891.png
98KB, 600x500px
>>83134411
>And even if you don't feel that way, you have to agree it was better than HUUUUUGH HNNNNNN AAAAHHHH GRRRRRR HNNNNNGH AAAHHHHHGHHH M-MUH S-SON AAAHHHGHHHH
>>
>>83132324
i would love for this to be even more realistic. But still very cool, we dont have movies like this anymore
>>
>>83134501
>dad rock
Nigga, that's disco, not dad rock
>>
>>83135235
dad disco sounds dumb, easier to just call all cringy dad music dad rock
>>
>>83135319
No fuck you, disco and rock shall never be classified as the same
>>
it struck a good balance between drama and comedy, tone-wise i enjoyed it
>>
>>83134804
It's a revnant reference
>>
>>83132324
yes, it was a meme move, taylor made for reddit
>>
>>83132324
top shelf comedy.
>>
>>83132324
it's worth maybe 1 watch
>>
>>83135579
shouldn't you be shilling your fargo video?
>>
>>83132324
The main hiccup in the film is the dialog. A nasa astronaut is the epitome of balance, protocol, and confidence. They all see themselves as representatives of an entire society and would never let the facade of total control slip. You would never hear any pilot curse on air, in log or text transmission. Matt Damon's character is way too casual in his demeanor as it the entire upper echelon of the Earth based directors.
>>
>>83132324
Man do you have shit taste
>>
>>83132324
>american wankery
>no tension whatsoever, because you oddly don't feel like the character is ever at risk
>don't even see Mars
The Martian could very well be the desertian, because you never feel like he's facing an entire planet. Interstellar was the better movie
>>
I liked the science
>>
>>83133087
is the book reddit like the movie? if not i'd give it a shot
>>
>>83132324
i liked it
it's better in the second viewing
>>
>>83135675

You sound like a massive faggot
>>
>>83132324
hold up guys, what's wrong about this film? thought it was okay and enjoyable
>>
>>83137207

It's not autistic enough for /tv/ to think it's a smart movie.
>>
>>83135626
is this a fargo thread?
>>
>>83132324
It was just exceedingly average. Seems more like a young, new director's second movie than it does an established artist's like Scott.

If I remember correctly, there's a time jump in the movie where he has to wait like a year for the next shuttle to arrive. It's handled poorly. One minute he's doing shit around the habitat, the next he's getting out of the shower, his emaciated figure our only hint that a significant amount of time has passed.

I feel like this was where the meat of the story was and they just skip it. What did he do all this time? How did being so alone for an extended period effect him mentally? Not at all, apparently, according to the movie, but hey he lost some weight.
>>
>>83137389
>his emaciated figure our only hint that a significant amount of time has passed.
Not to forget it was clearly a body double and they didn't even care enough to try to hide it
>>
>>83132324
i liked it, but my mom didnt
>>
HEY BRO LET'S SCIENCE THIS PUSSY UP

FUCK YEAH MAN, SCIENCIN' ALL THE FUCK LONG DAY BRO
>>
>>83137945
Kek. That was unbearable. Also most of the scenes on the earth were useless and a waste of a casting
>>
>>83132324
eat shit!, the movie.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.