[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Counsellor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: images (13).jpg (22KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
22KB, 512x287px
This is an under rated movie, its pretty good actually, apart from Penelope Cruz.
>>
>>83130895
I've been thinking of giving it another try.

Love McCarthy's work, obv.

Was it just directed badly, or was the material horrible?
>>
>>83131047
Neither its a good movie, misunderstood for what it really is.
>>
File: 1495624044920.jpg (41KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
1495624044920.jpg
41KB, 512x287px
>>83130895
fixed
>>
I just watch the deleted scene with Natalie Dormer
>>
>>83130895
IT is the moment I was certain Ridley Scott is a piece of shit.

Prometheus was just the beginning
>>
>>83130895
>watching the directors cut
>fassy is fucking cruz
>"I want you to fingerfuck me"
>"omg you're so depraved"
wat
>>
It's a movie with very complicated dialogue and Ridley Scott has no idea how to film it. The majority of the actors have problems with the lines and Diaz is just terrible. It's also just a drag to watch. Additionally it's quite a depressing/nihilistic movie.
This said, it gets better and better the more you think about it but you will never want to watch it again.
>>
>>83130895
>apart from Penelope Cruz
are you kidding she was fucking adorable in it. probably her sexiest besides Open Your Eyes.

Cameron Diaz is the true weak link.
>>
>>83134454
>but you will never want to watch it again.
But I did watch it again and it was even better the second time.
>>
This movie is fucking garbage. They managed to have so much talent but they couldn't make Cormac's dialogue work.

The crusty old fuck should've stuck to books where his style works.

"Truth has no temperature" was a cool line though.
>>
>>83134613
You're not too smart.
>>
>>83134627
Explain.
>>
>>83134613
>but they couldn't make Cormac's dialogue work
That's basically the gist of it. Ridley Scott is a visual director but he has no idea how to make long scenes with complicated dialogue interesting. Too bad for him the movie is filled with just that. The violent action scenes? Flawlessly filmed and executed but he's just not sophisticated/smart enough for this type of movie. To be fair, the vast majority of filmmakers would have done the same shitty job. That's the reason the Coen brothers hit it out of the park with their McCarthy adaptation: smart director(s), smart material.
>>
>>83134613
>they couldn't make Cormac's dialogue work

i felt like brad pitt and javier bardem had a good rhythm for it and made it work.
>>
>>83134887
Bardem yes, he already had experience and the best possible preparation for this. But the best one was Ruben Blades. His speech was the best part of the movie.
Pitt and Fassbender were alright. The rest of the cast were terrible. Diaz was even worse than in Gangs of New York and poor Bruno Ganz had the biggest "I can't speak English but I memorized my lines verbatim" moment I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>83131047

Approach it not as a movie (it is a bad movie in that sense), but as Cormac McCarthy audiobook with accompanying visuals by Ridley Scott.
>>
>>83134613
I too prefer Ebonics. Needed Will Smith in the lead.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.