[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

File: 3103474-4+suicidesquad.jpg (339KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
3103474-4+suicidesquad.jpg
339KB, 1280x855px
I don't care if you enjoy it, but do any of you think this is actually a GOOD film?
>>
>>83123186
no
>>
>>83123186
Perhaps the greatest film in the history of ever.
>>
>>83123186
I didn't enjoy it so no
>>
>>83123186
It was terribly paced and plotted. The script was not great.

I'm one of the few people that actually liked Jared Leto's take on The Joker, but it didn't really fit in with the rest of the movie.
>>
>>83123186
not a film
it's shit
>>
>>83123186
it got so torn apart for so long that by the time I saw it there was no way it could live up to the hype. I didn't think it was good, but nowhere nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. it was CW tier garbage. also, fuck everyone, Harley was hot as fuck.
>>
>>83123186
bad pacing and too many colour filters
>>
>>83123186
It felt so pointless.
>>
File: 34d.jpg (163KB, 954x738px) Image search: [Google]
34d.jpg
163KB, 954x738px
>>83123186
>shitty script
>random characters people not familiar with comics have no idea who is who
>random edge neon
>shitty cast
>random victoria secret model for main villain because why not
>random music trow in literally tracks from your dad car radio
>worst joker ever
>mass murderers, sociopaths, maniacs, social outcasts, batshit insane killers randomly decide they have to save the city and the world who they try to destroy they whole life Because why the fuck no
>>
>>83123186
>rushed script
>attempt to copy Guardians of the Galaxy
>Even suggesting that Harley Quinn could be part of a government team to fight the likes of Supes
>edited like a trailer
>literally edited by trailer editors
>pop songs out of nowhere for no reason, only lasting for several moments before another starts
>further world building in a cinematic world that hasn't been properly established since MoS
>Jared Leto

I didn't like the movie, and I'm baffled that anyone, even edgelords, did.
>>
File: smug pepe.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
smug pepe.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>83123186
It's an award winning movie. What do you think?
>>
File: 1433772892563.jpg (37KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1433772892563.jpg
37KB, 250x323px
>Margot Robbie will never be Harley Quinn ever again
I will never fucking forgive them
>>
>>83124179
I thought she was getting more movies? Or are you just implying the DCEU will finally collapse after Justice League?
>>
File: feelcoaster.jpg (89KB, 430x615px) Image search: [Google]
feelcoaster.jpg
89KB, 430x615px
>>83124179
>ywn see her in the classic latex suit.
>>
>>83123723
only the half
>>
>>83123186
it's a bad movie. margot robbie looks like a bag of rocks, cara is a horrible actor and they CGId her head on a cartoon body, will smith makes no effort and just plays every other character he's played, jared leto looks like riff raff, pop song every 5 seconds, movie was afraid to get an R rating but still wanted to be edgy so its the worst elements of GOTG and Deadpool. but most of all margot robbie looks like a fridge and has no ass.
>>
>DCucks trying to copy Guardians of Kino
>>
>>83124090
Red Skull kills Captain America?
>>
>>83124206
Gotham City Sirens will be worse than Suicide Squad, and dubs confirm that I will kill myself when it gets below 10% on RT
>>
File: oml.jpg (565KB, 955x730px) Image search: [Google]
oml.jpg
565KB, 955x730px
>>83124302
Just read Mark Miller Old man logan.
you can thanks me later
>check em confirm
>>
>>83123186
best Ghostbusters remake of 2016 right there.
>>
>>83123186
It was fun.

So it was ok I guess
>>
>>83123186

>tfw never going to see dead shot ever again
>>
>>83124571
Fun is a buzzword and the sooner you learn it the better you fucking pleb
>>
File: giant1.jpg (99KB, 587x419px) Image search: [Google]
giant1.jpg
99KB, 587x419px
>>83124517
Im not into comics but read it because of the Logan movie and really like it the ART was fucking amazing
>>
The original David Ayer cut was a great movie. A shame we may never see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQmoGxJ5xks
>>
Enjoying a movie but saying it's not good is the height of pretension tbqh.
>>
>>83123186
>>83123186
>noko
>>
>>83125643
>tfw saw Alien Covenant and didn't enjoy it apart from some David scenes and the Engineer flashback
That movie is NOT good btw
>>
>>83123186
no, it's a fucking mess
>>
>>83125719
How is this movie being a mess and enjoying it have anything to do with one another?
>>
>>83123186
I watched like 45 minutes of this earlier and hated it.
>>
i found it boring and didn't finish watching it.

i also felt like the story was shitty and there was a missed opportunity with the characters they had to play with. they could've did a lot of stuff but the premise came off contrived and boring. it could've been really fun but for some reason it just wasn't.

then again, they might've just been following the source material. comic stories tend to be needlessly complicated and terribly written, but i wouldn't know because i never read suicide squad
>>
>>83123186
No, it was bad even for a superhero movie. We should leave any dc movies to Zack Snyder.
>>
>>83123186
No. I don't think there's any way you can argue that it's good.

But it's a perfectly enjoyable deeply flawed film if you like this depiction of Joker and Harley Quinn. Which I do.

I have a sneaking suspicion there was probably a decent 7/10 movie underneath the grime if this wasn't so hugely focus tested and rewritten/shot/edited. There were 7 different cuts of the movie from them trying to appease focus groups.

Focus tests only water down the writer's/director's artistic vision.
>>
>>83123186
I didn't even make it 10 minutes in before turning it off
>>
I don't care for marvel vs dc debate but dam this movie blowed. I rewatched it about a week ago and everything was so stupid. Like the reason that bitch used to hire criminals They couldn't even hurt a hair on superman... So much good music just for about five seconds each!!!!! Fuuuuuu those scenes were all shit
Oh and who could forget... "I'm not losing another family". Like WTF YOU MET A DAY AGO!!!
Yeah shit was stupid. Hmm joker acting was ok Liked boomerangs selfishness idk why the fuck he went back
>>
>>83123186
unlike most people i actually like the jugaloo approach on harley and joker. if they had done an assault on arkham adaptation instead of this shit, it would've been the first truly good movie of the dcu. but it got fucked by big fish business people feeling "creative" and wanting to meddle where they shouldn't. i particularly feel sorry for jared leto and david ayer because they are rather good at what they do but they got fucked in the ass by the capeshit industry.
>>
>>83123186
I think it's harmless. I really would like to to see the original cut tho.
>>
>>83125875
Can you read the OP one more time for me? The question is, regardless of whether or not you enjoyed it, do you think its a good film, i.e technically, structurally etc.
>>
It's good in the sense that GotG is good. Except this movie has Harley Quinn instead of a balding manlet.
>>
>>83123186
It's a solid 6/10
>>
>>83128474
Except GotG was better in literally every way possible.
>>
>>83123186
It wasn't fantastic and it wasn't outright terrible. The goods outweighed the bass to me, so it was an overall enjoyable watch.

Some subtly handled world-building was happening too for the fans who were paying attention. The fact that it was done in a way that poked a little fun at the genre was nice, too.
>>
>>83128515
The first one, maybe. The second one, not so much.
>>
I thought my Spotify was going wild when all that music was playing at the beginning.
How do you even manage to get THAT many people on a project and not have anyone, even the funders come and say it's trash?

Does Hollywood just rely on normie consumerism?
>>
>>83123186
OF course I do.
>>
>>83123186
It's terrible.
Huge problem is the editing. Enchantress and her Bro sucked. I'm supposed to give a shit about her and that military guy, but they don't give you any reason to.
>>
I liked Harley. Waller was good too.
>>
>>83123186
>noko
Can't tell if actual oldfag or just a clueless newfag that read some 2007 4chan guide infopic
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.