[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he autism? Also /13reasonswhy/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 13-reasons-why-clay-jenson.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13-reasons-why-clay-jenson.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
Was he autism? Also /13reasonswhy/ general
>>
>>83122992
What if Hannah is actually haunting him?
>>
i think if anyone sides with hannah then you completely missed the point of the show
>>
>>83122992
He'll transition into Hannah for season 2
>>
what the fuk was tonys problem?? hannah didnt even known him either why was he even involved?
>>
>>83123385

I think you missed the point. There are no sides. Everyone is culpable, even Hannah. No clear ending or someone to hate? Exactly, which is embodied in Clay's progression. He hates everyone, including himself, and is also somewhat angry toward Hannah for the tapes.

Everyone is the reason why. How you deal with that is up to you.
>>
>>83124904
No one is the reason why except Hannah, suicide is never an answer and killing yourself for revenge is about as bad a thing as a person can do to another person. The fact that you actually ate up the show is the only reason why this show should be banned, it's promoting suicide as a viable option
>>
>>83122992
Hannah was right in everything but killing herself
>>
>>83126273

Outing someone. Letting her friend get raped. Leaving the scene of an accident. Putting Clay through all of that.

Yeah no.
>>
>>83126142

>suicide is never an answer

thanks mom. The point of the show is that consistent demoralizing by everyone you trust brings you to a point in which the only escape that seems open to you is death. It's not necessarily true, but the show takes pains to display the process of how she got to that point. It's not about some big event that hurt her so bad; it's about feeling alone and without redemption. Like Clay hammered into your brain, "we're all to blame." Hannah got to the point of killing herself because all the bullshit big and small added up. Maybe from the outside looking in she had options, but from her point of view there was no one to save her and she had no energy to save herself.

Suicide has no one "reason," or even 13. But external factors obviously add up. Maybe some of the external factors in Hannah's life were small in the end, like Alex's list, but Alex can't say he didn't do anything. That's what's cool about the show, not necessarily about suicide but just how we treat each other in general. It gets too crazy and there's too much pressure to worry about every single thing we do because it has a consequence that may hurt someone, and may build up in them, but that's the truth. We create moral categories, like the characters in the show, like "in the end it was her CHOICE," as if her physically doing it herself absolves someone of all the bullying/negligence/rape.

Things add up and there's no clear line, and that's how suicide operates in real life. Inexplicable tattoos and tryhard teen drama aside, this show is the only piece of art I can think of that presents suicide and its aftermath correctly.
>>
Who will win the Claybowl?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13031628
>>
>>83122992
Yes but why the fuck is he so handsome
>>
File: fat.png (415KB, 412x562px) Image search: [Google]
fat.png
415KB, 412x562px
>>
Is Clay, dare I say, our guy?
>>
>it's another shitheap show that /tv/ shitposts you into watching
Why do you fuckers keep making me watch this stupid shit
>>
>>83128934
for you
>>
>>83127877
Oh waaaaah waaaaah boo hoo. This show is trash. The only person the blame is the bitch herself for being unable to cope with LIFE.

Get the fuck off of 4chan.
>>
File: dskalds.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dskalds.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>83122992
This show ROMANTICISES and dramatises the ideation of suicide in the most disgusting way. As an act to get the wheels of justice turning. An act of revenge to get people to feel bad. The audience is basically seeing how Hannah would picture the aftermath of her death. Ever had suicidal thoughts as a teen? And i mean not actually considering doing it, just the ideation. You don't think about the logistics of how you buy a razorblade to cut your arm and bleed out, you think about the people left behind, how they'll mourn and feel shitty about your death.

This show promotes this romanticisation of suicide and it's fucking disgusting. There's no AFTER, suicide is cold and shit and not some kind of revenge tool

Fucking garbage 1/10 show
>>
File: 13reasonshall.jpg (124KB, 1134x624px)
13reasonshall.jpg
124KB, 1134x624px
>>83128886
This kills the Hannah.
>>
>>83129115
>Bleed out
>Skin tone is still the same as before you cut your wrist

How can one show be so lazy and garbage?
>>
>>83126142
>Implying suicide isn't a viable option
>>
>>83129051
It's made for teenage girls mane, of course its romanticised
>>
>>83129211
But it's actually dangerous to romanticise suicide in a show for teenagers in such a way. This show is basically the depressive teen who entertains the idea of suicide's wet dream
>>
File: shm.png (1MB, 1679x805px) Image search: [Google]
shm.png
1MB, 1679x805px
>>83129115
>>83129139
This is more like what someone who bled the fuck out would look like
>>
>>83129139
It's a hallucination dude, calm your autism lmao.
>>
>>83129115
brefffffffffffff
>>
File: 2c3631c14a9edf64_jjeff.jpg (300KB, 800x449px) Image search: [Google]
2c3631c14a9edf64_jjeff.jpg
300KB, 800x449px
Did anyone else have a based Chad buddy like Jeff in high school? I feel like I missed out.
>>
>>83129703
He was the only reason worth watching the show
>>
>>83129703
No all the chads in my high school were dicks.
>>
>>83129761
that's what that kate or whatever girl said in that weird interview thing they all did , something along the lines of "there are nice jocks , you just have to know how to find them; Hannah never did"
>>
The show did a really bad job building believable character with sound decisions. Hannah's suicide was unrelated to all the highschool drama. They needed to put in the rape to give any sort of justification for suicide. Hannah's acting was horrible, though this is obviously also to blame on the book and script that wrote such a bad story. She never actually developed towards suicide. She has been the same sarcastic, quirky and random girl from epsiode one.
>be normal Hannah
>something bad happens
>be sad Hannah
>be normal Hannah again the next day
She never changed. Her suicide was not justifiable by all the highschool drama. The show was therefore pointless, as there are only two reasons why she killed herself. First she saw her ex best friend getting raped. Second, she got raped by the same guy herself later on. These are solid, understandable and relatable reasons. Everything before that was just PSA television. If none of the things before the rapes had happened, Hannah still would have had enough reasons to commit suicide.
Decent idea, bad execution.
>>
>>83127877
good post
edgelords BTFO
>>
>>83130394
uhh have you ever heard of people pretending they are ok on the outside but feel like shit in reality? it's quite a common defense mechanism
>>
>>83130475
That is just a very lazy excuse. It's an illusion that people put up for themselves, but people change and are not 100% in control of everything they do. And again, this is where the show and the acting failed. Even if we suppose that what you said is the intention of the show, it still does not actually deliver it like that. Hannah never seemed to struggle for me. The actress had two moods: happy and sad. No progression in between either, just one of the two moods. She never seemed like she was holding up, pretening everything was alright. She was always in the same mood, acted the same ways, made the same jokes, etc. The show wants me to believe that all those 13 reasons added up. But Hannah's actress is not building anything. We are just supposed to assume that obviously the things added up on Hannah's suicide scale, which has no effect on her behaviour or psychy at all.
>>
>>83130617
believe it or not, you can't always tell whether someone is suicidal. i think that's what the show is trying to highlight. no one thought hannah was, because she seemed fine on the outside, but this happens constantly in real life.
>>
>>83129703
They didn't really show how he died, supposedly Sheri hit with him her car or something?
>>
>>83122992
Clays character is so shit. Complete sperglord whenever Hannah flirts even the tiniest bit yet hes able to talk and makes witty jokes with her all the time before and after she does a little flirt

>>83131699
Sheri broke the stop sign so he presumably drove through the junction without stopping and got plowed into by the old man
>>
>>83132444
who tf drives through a junction without looking tho.
>>
>>83132444
>Sheri broke the stop sign so he presumably drove through the junction without stopping and got plowed into by the old man
Which was retarded, considering they show a stop sign directly across the road from that intersection too. So he would have still seen it anyway
>>
>>83126142
>suicide is never an answer

lol kys fag
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (44KB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
44KB, 560x315px
Posting superior suicide kino
>>
>>83134323
How was the movie compared to the manga? Cause I really dug the shit out of it when it came out
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.