[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theatrical Version or Director's Cut?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: aliens-989223912-large.jpg (163KB, 772x1200px) Image search: [Google]
aliens-989223912-large.jpg
163KB, 772x1200px
Hello, /tv/. I decided to watch this kino tonight but I don't know what version to watch.
>>
Directors cut
>>
>>83120597
Here's a guide to the full series:

>Alien
theatrical cut
>Aliens
special edition cut
>Alien 3
assembly cut
>Alien: Resurrection
It doesn't matter, both cuts are.
>>
>>83120597
i watched it for the first time today. i think it was the Director's Cut. not sure what the differences are.
>>
>>83120942
>are.
are shit.
>>
>>83120944
Directors cut contains all deleted scenes, special edition only contains some, theatrical is the shortened version for people with low attention spans with no interest in character development.
>>
>>83120597
The one with sonic electronic ball breakers
>>
Doesn't the directors cut have a shitty blue filter applied over it?
>>
>>83120942
>Aliens Special Edition

No. Theatrical is superior.
>>
>>83121178

This is complete bullshit.

Most Director's Cuts add in scenes that were left on the cutting room floor for a reason (for the sole purpose of re-selling the audience something they've already seen).

99% of the Director's Cuts are inferior to their Theatrical Cut counterparts.
>>
>>83121362
None of it is necessary to make the movie good for sure, but things like Ripley learning her daughter is dead and seeing what happens to Newt's parents are nice additions to the story, and in total is only 17 minutes longer than the theatrical cut.
>>
>>83121565
imo only the stuff with ripley's daughter works in the SE. Showing the colony before the aliens show up dissipates the tension. You no longer share that sense of "wtf happened here?' with the marines when they arrive. It's just too on the nose for me.

Beyond that the pacing is all over the place with all the extra SE stuff, even if it is only like 15 minutes of footage or something. I think for a first time viewing, theatrical is the way to go, then the SE for funsies on a rewatch.
>>
>>83121700
i'm anon >>83120944
and i thought that scene should've either been shown before the opening credits or removed entirely.

that was the only scene that i felt really didn't need to be there.
>>
>>83122018
Which one? Ripley's daughter or the colony pre-aliens stuff?
>>
>>83121362
This.
Scenes get cut mostly for time or they add nothing to story.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.