[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck Aliens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 32

File: aliens.jpg (195KB, 710x876px)
aliens.jpg
195KB, 710x876px
So what was your reaction when Ridley Scott said he didn't consider anything beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical, including the introduction of the Alien Queen?

I think it makes sense actually. Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.
>>
Aliens looks more dated than Alien.
>>
File: 2464564.jpg (183KB, 1600x827px)
2464564.jpg
183KB, 1600x827px
>>83116640

lol shut up retard.
>>
>>83116591
The alien queen is a natural evolution of David's perfect species. We know he mixed bug DNA by looking at his notes in Covenant so this doesn't seem like a complete rejection of the idea.
>>
>>83116698

Yes, it does. Alien is a timeless classic. Aliens feels like it was made in the 80s (which it was). The style makes it feel dated more than the effects.
>>
>>83116818
Alien is a by-the-book slasher flick.
>>
I honestly have enjoyed all the Alien movies (Except vs Predator)

Aliens is my favorite SciFi film

That statement from Scott is retarded but it's his franchise I guess
>>
>>83116640
This is true.

Anyone who knows their shit knows that aliens is not a great movie. Like at all. It's fine. But it's fan base is made up of dudes who used to go to Cracked everyday and who will tell you, with a knowing grin on their face, that die hard is their favourite Christmas movie. Seriously fuck those guys
>>
>>83116848

So? It isn't as dated as Aliens.
>>
>>83116904
What do you mean by dated?
>>
>>83116957

Rewatch it. Aliens hasn't aged well compared to Alien.
>>
>>83117004
Again, what do you mean by that?
>>
>>83117070
lol
>>
File: Stauropus fagi.jpg (123KB, 570x422px)
Stauropus fagi.jpg
123KB, 570x422px
>>83116591
I'm actually kinda glad, even tho I was disappointed that the space jockey was an albino and the alien an experiment, it feels better than anything in Aliens.

Also, source. Did he actually say that?
>>
>>83117004
I LITERALLY watched the Director's Cut last weekend before I saw Covenant and it was perfectly enjoyable.

Then again I have an extraordinary ability to suspend my disbelief
>>
If this is true, it makes a ton of sense. The tones of Prom, Cvnt, and Alien are similar. Aliens just goes off the rails, even though it's a fun movie
>>
>>83116879
You just described one of my friends perfectly haha. He's a retard.
>>
Is it fucked I would honestly prefer more prequels that keep to the tone of alien, over a more action oriented sequel ala Alien 5? I didn't hate Prometheus, and Covenant doesn't seem that bad. Tv always makes things seem worse than they are
>>
>>83116640
Aliens is 80's quality
>>
>>83116848
The movie Alien wrote that book and inspired countless of other movies.
>>
>>83116848
The slasher movies you are referring to didn't exist as a genre back then. At most they were independent movies like Black Christmas or Halloween, even some Bava films. Scott himself has said he took inspiration from Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
>>
>>83116591
I didn't care. He doesn't actually have a say in what's canon and what's not in the Alien universe. That's up to 20th Century Fox, and they're definitely not going to disown Aliens or Alien 3 for Ridley's hack ass
>>
>>83116818
You know I think I recall hearing this word for word in a RLM commentary track...
>>
>>83116879
>This movie isn't great because of the fan base

You're legitimately retarded.
>>
>>83116591
>Implying the prequels aren't going to end with the xenomorphs creating a queen to replace and destroy David, bringing the theme of the creator being destroyed by the creation of its creation to completion
>>
>>83116591
Why does Ridley think he can take credit for the Alien franchise? He didn't create it, he didn't write it, he didn't design the creature, he just pointed a camera.
>>
the current ridley scott is actually a lizardman puppet put in place by the hollywood jews
>>
can someone tell me why the fuck are xenos born in miniature forms of themselves in covenant?
so fucking mad
>>
>>83116591
>what was your reaction when Ridley Scott said he didn't consider anything beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical

I chuckle and remember Ridley Scott is probably senile and has as much authority to speak on the "canon" of the Alien shared universe as any of the other directors or writers of fiction featuring the xenomorph, which is to say, hardly any.
>>
>>83117695
>Engineers create humans
>humans create David
>David destroys Engineers
>David creates xenomorphs
>Xenomorphs destroy humans
>Xenomorphs create queen
>Queen destroys David
It's like poetry... it rhymes
>>
>>83117713
I know right? Dan O'Bannon came up with the whole thing (including the use of HR Giger themes) and pitched the screenplay to 20th Century Fox. They liked it but they wouldn't let him direct. Then when the first guy they asked to direct said he couldn't do it, they asked Ridley, who they only knew because he'd made "The Duellists" (1977).

Now he's got everyone thinking Alien was his brainchild. pfft
>>
>>83117809

Why does it upset you so much?
>>
>>83117905
The xenomorphs always lose to humans though.

The only one where the humans and Xenos arguably tied was in Alien 3. In every other Alien the humans suffered casualties but still won in the end.
>>
>>83117905
It goes even deeper. The fact that by 2104 people who believe in God are extremely rare shows that humans have, in a sense, destroyed God.
>God creates engineers
>engineers create humans
>humans destroy God
>humans create David
>David destroys Engineers
>David creates xenomorphs
>Xenomorphs destroy humans
>Xenomorphs create queen
>Queen destroys David
Ridley confirmed 2deep4me
>>
>>83117809
Because they are not finished yet. The whole point of the movie was that David didn't have enough assets to finish his creations and now he has plenty. Also the xenos morph into anything they needed to do as their name suggests.
>>
>>83118138
We don't know how the final prequel is going to end though
>>
>>83117647
So you watch RLM yourself and sperg out when someone uses their words?
>>
>>83118237
why would the finished product look like this then?
if you can already make them be born ready to fuck with all their limbs and head ready to just grow, without the need to molt or whatever it had to do in Alien before it grew full size.
>>
So what the fuck is the point of David's perfect lifeform when all it does is extermination through crude means? Was David a genuine brainlet? The fuck happened to trying to create a sentient alien (he was shown trying to communicate with it)?
>>
>>83116591
>Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.

Too bad he invented David then you autistic cunt
>>
>>83116879
Die Hard is a fucking good movie though
>>
>>83118237
>Also the xenos morph into anything they needed to do as their name suggests.

The term xenomorph just means a foreign or alien creature. People just latched onto it as an official name
>>
>>83118307
Because the current xenos are first generation artificial creatures. While the latter xenos probably evolved according to the insect dna the David used for them.
>>
>>83116591
Aliens is garbage for people that play videogames
>>
>>83118448
>he didn't play Isolation
>>
>>83118432
It still changed according to what host it used to incubate right from the start.
>>
File: alien1.jpg (107KB, 1669x695px)
alien1.jpg
107KB, 1669x695px
>>83116640
>>
>>83116591

can I get sauce on him saying that?
>>
>>83118237
did you see how fucking tiny and fragile that mini xeno was. that shit isnt breaking through a mans ribcage and sternum
>>
>>83116591
James Cameron is clearly woman dominated. Every movie he's ever made is about strong empowered females. Even titanic. I honestly think he wants to be a woman
>>
>>83118785

I honestly think you're a moron.
>>
>>83118785
he also loves garbage like battle reddit alita so it checks out
>>
>>83116640
alien is the better movie but both aren't dated to me. Alien3 was ahead of it's time unironically in the worst way with the black guy protecting skinhead feminist sjw ripley from rapists, shitty cgi alien dogs and a crappy ending with horribly saturated colors a la zack snyder
>>
>>83118716
I'll have Soft Reboots and Pottery for 800, Alex.
>>
Spoiler

Alien: Covanant Novelisation show that david found Alien egg that made by Engineer long time ago and he try to-recreate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/6ctw0e/reading_through_novelisation_some_of_the/
>>
>>83119042
haha you need to go back my man haha
>>
>>83119042
Ah yes, the reddit faggot.

Fuck off
>>
>david regurgitates facehugger embryos
>david plays one of the prometheus theme songs with his flute
>david draws literal H. R. Giger artwork
>david is trusted by everyone without questions of doubts
>david has no noticeable scars from when Shaw niggerigger his head back together
>alien blood can't even penetrate past the skull in that one guy
>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
>the Alien keeps acting retarded and sperging all over the place
>yet again hack "scientists" explore a world without proper gear and masks to prevent deadly viruses or bacteria from killing them.
You will get the FBI in hazmat suits for AnalTech trucks crashing in a literally who american city.
>literal comedy tier slipping in blood and shooting at the ceiling even tho proper trigger discipline will always avoid this
>racked and stowed guns in the armory are all preloaded for some reason
>hey lets split up on this completely unknown planet so I can take mud samples, no masks or gloves required
>tiny neomorph comes out of my partner's back, better go grab a knife while it struggles to even breath because it was just fucking born and wave it at it from 10meters instead of squashing it or stabbing it before it can even stand up
>baby neomorph grows from the size of a small dog to the size of a small leopard in less than 1 minute of camera time
>tiny miniature xeno grows from size of a small cartoon chichuahua to size of a big tiger in less than 1 minute of camera time.
and people make fun of the running away from the rolling ship in prometheus

>>83118716
to fair, you don't see the aliens for shit in Aliens, all the shots are shakey, with light strobes and less than a second, you see their face right before a kill and thats about it.
Only the queen gets some proper camera time
>>
>>83118761
I hope they release a toy figure of it. It looked so huggable.
>>
>>83119217
>>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
sorry I meant david
>>
>>83118283
There won't be another prequel, because Covenant is failing at the box office
>>
>>83119217
>david has no noticeable scars from when Shaw niggerigger his head back together

When he neck-stabs Walter, they show Walter's puncture starting to heal. This suggested that Walter was actually David at the end as she had to staple his face cut closed.

But if David could heal too, I don't get it at all.

Unless only David could heal, and he deliberately injected Walter with stuff to heal him. But that makes no sense as he could have reprogrammed Walter and the second fight would never have taken place.

So David was holding his breath that she'd not remember (if she ever knew) that Walter's skin healed itself automatically.
>>
>>83116818
>>83117366
What is wrong with looking 80's?

I heard that in The Thing 2011 they didn't let them use practical effects because it looked like an "80's" movie.
>>
File: 1495500295561.gif (452KB, 267x320px)
1495500295561.gif
452KB, 267x320px
>>83119217
I've shitposted countless times about retarded scenes in Prometheus but nothing in that film was half as dumb as Covenant's facehugger impregnation.
>captain has already seen David react aggressively to the neomorph being killed even though it had already killed like 6 people
>obviously david is not on the level
and then David literally just goes
>dude come stick your face in these gross alien eggs, I swear nothing will pop out and rape you scouts honor
and the fucking retard actually does it.
>>
>>83120154
>I assure you captain its completely safe here in my death city of dead aliens and darkness
>that one bitch gets eaten by a neomorph
>captain aware david is acting weird, even points a gun at him
>I assure you again goy, the egg is completely safe!
>chichuahua xenomorph is born in 2 seconds
fucking ridley I hate you
>>
>>83120154

Why does nobody ever complain about Kane sticking his face in the egg?
>>
>>83120238
>chichuahua xenomorph
lol
>>
>>83120154
Yeah, what an idiot, putting his face near an egg. Hasn't he seen the Alien movies?
>>
>>83120275
Who knew what it was, and at best, something being born out of an egg isn't a threat.
>>
>>83120289
>>83120395
Nah, it was still stupid behavior on his part. It's still a believable lapse in intelligence, unlike the absurd things that scientists did in Prometheus
>>
File: hmmmmmmmm.png (278KB, 750x563px)
hmmmmmmmm.png
278KB, 750x563px
just a drunk thought:

the engineer that we saw in Prometheus is the android creation of the engineers which we saw that got killed in Covenant. the engineers that we saw in Covenant are all individual and unique, whereas the engineer of Prometheus seems too perfect, similar to how David is made to be in the image of humans, but perfected. perhaps the non android engineers learned that they must not give androids self conscious thought (see: David's lunacy), and the engineer we saw in Prometheus is like Walter, hence why the engineers weren't wiped out (by engineer androids) by the time humans made it to their planet.

discuss.
>>
>>83116591
>a leader
David wanted to Create Life, and a species with a fully functional sexual reproductive system is way more Life than a virus (whatever the original Xenoplague was that the Engineers engineered, that wasn't good enough for David and why he set about to create the xenomorphs).

Despite Scott's bullshit (he also said Deckard was a replicant, so don't believe what he says about his work), he's obviously a fan of Aliens or why would he have shown us sketches of David attempting to design the queen in COVENANT?
>>
>>83116591
>beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical,
That is strange I remember him considering Jim's movie as well in the prometheus extras.
>>
>>83116818
They're two of the greatest sci fi films of all time and you're a fucking idiot for flippantly criticizing these great works that you are barely smart enough to watch and understand.
>>83116879
Die Hard is objectively the best Christmas movie, possibly the best action film as well, of all time.
>>
>>83120154
>>83120238
The captain was a man of faith and far too trusting. Fuck off shitters, it's part of his characterization
>>
File: 1494466832484.png (118KB, 657x527px)
1494466832484.png
118KB, 657x527px
Wait, it doesn't make sense.

I always thought the exology was something like this: Facehugger impregnates>Xenomorph bursts from chest>Xenomorph grows>Ifthere is no queen, evolves into a queen>Begins laying eggs

How is it supposed to work if this isn't the case? Then there'd only be 1 alien at a time.
>>
>>83117695
This guy gets it
>>
File: 1453590382493.gif (138KB, 500x289px)
1453590382493.gif
138KB, 500x289px
>>83117695

Oh, that's good, you fucker.
>>
>>83116879
>die hard is their favourite Christmas movie.
This is spot on. I know so many "movie buffs" like this.

>>83117691
He's not saying that. He's saying it's a decent movie that gets deified by simpletons who have no real knowledge of film.
>>
>>83118828
>ripley
>feminist sjw
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>83116879
I mean, I liked Alien but I was less scared by it and more entertained. It seemed like a masterpiece to me at the time, but in the way that I can see how it got to that status. Didn't necessarily invoke the same feeling in me.

Aliens, on the other hand, started off a little silly, but I knew it was more of an action movie so I accepted it for what it was. Then the Alien Queen showed up, and I damn near fucking SHIT myself. It's masterful.

A perfect filmic organism.
>>
ok me and my friends have been arguing about this all night.

David and Walter are both played by the same actor, but I swear there are tiny subtle differences between their faces. like slight cgi alterations or cosmetic changes ie. jaw/chin/brow looks ever so slightly different

and that would make sense considering they are different models. But if thats not the case and they are 100% identical then how did I and some of my friends see them as the same actor, but slightly different
>>
>>83120238
>2 seconds
Nothing indicates how much time passed. Like in most movies a well. Iirc only Ressurection had an explicit time frame for the incubation. Which can canonically speed up drastically anyway.
>>
>>83120523
>>83120275
Kane wasn't a scientist, he was some random idiot on a mining ship and he was wearing a full helmet and space suit. Nobody can really assume that some organic lifeform would be able to eat through that.

Plus he wasn't exactly sticking his nose in it if I recall, just inspecting it.
>>
>>83117713
>he just pointed a camera.
Are you suggesting Scott was the DP for Alien? He was the fucking director which means he gets credit for EVERY aspect of the finished product.

Directors can order scripts to be rewritten/rewrite them themselves during production
Directors can fire actors if they aren't obeying their directorial commands and giving good performances
Directors can fire DP's if the photography sucks
etc.

Scott made the best fucking film in the franchise and he deserves that respect at least.
>>
>>83116698
The technology in Alien is very dated but it's so AESTHETIC I don't care. I love Aliens but it has aged worse since it doesn't have the AESTHETIC appeal of Alien.
>>
>>83120149
I heard they didn't do it because it looked (get this) too realistic and scary.

I look at what could have been, that one practical effects reel, and I fucking weep.
>>
>>83120785
Kane was closer to the egg than the captain on this movie who also pointed a gun at it.
>>
>>83120154
The second David said "Come, this is what I really want to show you. My successes" I kek'd like a motherfucker.
>>
All the people who are completely shitting on Covenant are unfounded. It was a thoroughly entertaining flick, and made complete sense.

The one thing that bothers me is how David rates the aliens so highly. They are just dumb vicious animals. Humans have the capacity to create life, explore the cosmos, and make other technological wonders. If these Aliens are so "perfect" then why do they seem no more intelligent than the average human?
>>
>>83120748
we can assume it was less than half a day because of the communications they were having with the covenant
>>
>>83118334
David is SEETHING at humanity's inferiority so he made the xenomorph as the perfect organism to neutralize both humanity and their creators
>>
>>83117691
Imagine if The Thing had a sequel called Things were, instead of anything resembling the atmosphere and tension of the original, it was about Kurt Russell quipping one liners and mowing down Things with a flamethrower.

Would that be a good movie ? Probably.
Would it be a great movie ? No.
>>
>>83120813
I'm not actually the one who keeps calling the Covenant characters stupid, I just don't think Kane's actions are stupid in themselves when we compare them to characters in Covenant/Prometheus (who were in theory more educated than Kane was). Again, he's someone who is not a scientist and in full space suit, even if he did get close to an egg he had no reason to imagine that final outcome.
>>
>>83120589

More likely the civilization on the Covenant planet was just another race of beings created by the Engineers.

They gathered and greeted the ship as if "the gods had returned"
>>
>>83119904
Yup I don't see any way around this, it's a fuckup on the film's part. Good catch anon
>>
>>83120602
>shown us sketches of David attempting to design the queen in COVENANT?

I only saw Covenant once but never caught skteches of the Queen.

I hate the idea of a Queen. Reduces them to bugs.
>>
>>83120744
They had subtle but noticable differences, in the way they walked, acted, spoke. It's one of the ways you can tell the big reveal right off the bat: When Daniels asks him what happened to David, he says "Expired". Walter, up to that point, would have said something like "I killed him". The small silences in the post-planet interactions with her were also big hints, because David's incorrect insistence that Walter loves Daniels are something he carried over, something he thought would make him more believable.
>>
>>83116879
You mean Die Hard isn't your favorite Christmas movie?
>>
>>83119217
>david is trusted by everyone without questions of doubts
Same model as theirs, made by their company. No way of knowing he was different or that androids could be deceptive or harm them intentionally.

>alien blood can't even penetrate past the skull in that one guy
Except the wound got progressively worse? It was a small amount too.

>alien knows how to operate and knows where everything is in the ship, despite him being unaware on how to kill Walter at first
It was a ship made by his company. If he didn't already have that info, he probably just downloaded it the second he came aboard.

>yet again hack "scientists" explore a world without proper gear and masks to prevent deadly viruses or bacteria from killing them.
They weren't scientists, except the nigger chick, they were a colonization team. And all the metrics and scans made the planet look safe, and it was sans-goo.

>literal comedy tier slipping in blood and shooting at the ceiling even tho proper trigger discipline will always avoid this
This was actually one of my favorite scenes. It's something not often addressed with lots of gore/blood. "M-M-Muh trigger discipline." I bet you've never shot a gun, stop parroting shit from, /k/. And training or not, IT'S A FUCKING NEVER BEFORE SEEN ALIEN. Panic and Fear are real emotions that have disastrous consequences. Fucking simpleton.

>racked and stowed guns in the armory are all preloaded for some reason
such a fucking spergy complaint

>hey lets split up on this completely unknown planet so I can take mud samples, no masks or gloves required
PLANET SCANS it was ostensibly safe

>tiny neomorph comes out of my partner's back, better go grab a knife while it struggles to even breath because it was just fucking born and wave it at it from 10meters instead of squashing it or stabbing it before it can even stand up
FEAR PANIC are you a child? No one would react with logic upon seeing something like that for the first time.
>>
>>83120799

Can you link to the reel?

Also, am I making shit up or didn't the practical FX crew from The Thing 2011 make a short film? I remember seeing something where a sea creature attacks a ship.
>>
>>83120919
Who the fuck knows if it would be a great movie. Aliens is a great movie. None of the things you described preclude a film from being great. You don't think Alien has more than Ripley quipping one liners and mowing shit down with a flame thrower? Do you not realize how devastated people were when Alien3 killed off Newt in the credit sequence?
>>
>>83120852
I don't understand how David interpreted mankind colonizing the galaxy and spreading its empire across the cosmos as "the death throes of a dying species" or whatever he said
>>
>>83120852
>They are just dumb vicious animals.

When born, yes. They're just infants in Alien and Covenant.

The white neomorph was listening to and responding to David as if he was a "father", so who knows what David could do with these creatures if he is able to "train" them?
>>
File: IMG_0244.jpg (33KB, 500x302px)
IMG_0244.jpg
33KB, 500x302px
>>83120852
Because David CREATES LIFE...sohecandestroyit.That's his big thing, he wants to play God and act as a creator. The xenomorph is just the last step in his master plan: a nearly unstoppable, unrelenting murder machine.
>>
>>83121002
Yep, his sketches are of insects, it's a slight logical leap to go from that to queen/hive.

Even if you think it "reduces" the Aliens it still works thematically. I mean obviously the xenoplague is way more powerful and deadly than David's creation; it wipes out an entire planet in like minutes or whatever. You have to buy into the idea that there's a certain poetic aspiration behind David's work, and I like the idea that he chooses to engineer the xenos into an insectile race as part of his misled idea of ideal.
>>
Every time I think of Alien I think of Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett talking about going to the Alien premiere and crying when they found out audiences loved it.

It was a passion project that they put their hearts and souls into.

Aliens is fun but it never had a story like that.
>>
>>83121155
>>83121171
I'm pretty sure David is wrong about his assumptions of humanity. His hubris will get the best of him in the 3rd and final movie of the trilogy. He is bound to get whats coming to him.
>>
>>83121131
Harbinger Down, apparently it's garbage but the fx are nice.

Here's the reel: https://youtu.be/fBzpT7VmSaU
>>
I enjoyed AvP. I thought it was kind if a neat idea.

Am I beyond all hope?
>>
>>83120852
>All the people who are completely shitting on Covenant are unfounded. It was a thoroughly entertaining flick, and made complete sense.
This. It's completely competent and choernet. I think the panning is a response to Prometheus. People just want something to hate, even though it doesn't make sense. This was miles ahead of Prometheus.

>The one thing that bothers me is how David rates the aliens so highly. They are just dumb vicious animals. Humans have the capacity to create life, explore the cosmos, and make other technological wonders. If these Aliens are so "perfect" then why do they seem no more intelligent than the average human?
Because they survive, they kill. Their existence is pure and undiluted by things like greed or vanity. It's like what Ripley says in Aliens, "You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage." They're perfect in the way ants are perfect.

>>83121155
>I don't understand how David interpreted mankind colonizing the galaxy and spreading its empire across the cosmos as "the death throes of a dying species" or whatever he said
Because we were looking outwards rather than inwards. Instead of fixing ourselves and our follies, we sought to perpetuate them in space, ever expanding and consuming.
>>
>>83121144
Calm your autism, I said as much Aliens is a good movie.
But if you think such a passable summer blockbuster is anything to be compared to the original or hailed as great you are delusional.
>>
>>83121102
I agree with this dude, one of the most infuriating things is when people watch horror films and say "well why are they just standing there/dropping the car keys with shaky hands instead of just unlocking the door and ninja'ing into the car and starting it and driving away???" If you do the most cursory fucking googling you'll discover that in reality, 99.9% of the time when people are faced with an actual threatening situation, they become completely petrified and freeze up and allow whatever is going to happen to happen.

This is a problem that navy seals deal with, how to equip somebody to respond correctly when the shit is ACTUALLY hitting the fan and it's not a drill. But you fucktards can't give some colonist sample-taker a pass.
>>
Everything that has happened in these prequels is far more extravagant and complex than the isolated incident in the original Alien. How will they come up with a story for the 3rd movie and not have it overshadow Alien? In terms of story and in world lore.

Do you think they will make the next movie take place after Alien?
>>
>>83121232
David will wear the Engineer space suit but will crash at LV-426
>>
>>83121261
You still have one chance. Pick up the original comic and see how much better handled it was.
>>
>>83121334
>a passable summer blockbuster
Study your history son. This is an important landmark film and one of the greatest action films of all time.

JAWS was also a summer blockbuster and it changed the face of cinema permanently. Why don't you post a substantive criticism instead of falling back on buzzwords you can't even accurately wield?
>>
>>83120923
Most of covenants characters are the same, they are not actual scientists but people who learned it for field work. They are colonists.
>>
>>83121317
>Because we were looking outwards rather than inwards. Instead of fixing ourselves and our follies, we sought to perpetuate them in space, ever expanding and consuming
Literally xenomorphs on a larger scale, with planets instead of living hosts.
>>
>>83121370
Scott has confirmed that there are at least one, possibly two more films between Covenant and Alien.
>>
>>83116591
He can say whatever he wants, he can't control what anybody considers their "official" canon.

I'm sick of that fucking word, canon, its all pretend anyway no piece of fiction is any more real than any other.

In my timeline, Alien happens, then Alien Isolation and Aliens, then Ripley goes back home with Dwayne and Newt and they are never bothered again.

Other xeno adventures happen elsewhere
>>
>>83121579
>Ripley goes back home with Dwayne and Newt and they are never bothered again.
cry harder bitch
>>
>>83121238

Thanks.
>>
>>83116591
>Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.

But it's ok for them to be the creations of a robot mad scientist?
>>
>>83121370
>>How will they come up with a story for the 3rd movie and not have it overshadow Alien?

Like another anon said in this thread - the most obvious and best direction to take is David being killed by his own creation.

David will be the the Pilot in Alien and the Xeno that burst from him is organic and also bio-mechanical.
>>
>>83116698
I think Moebius did concept art for the shipĀ“s enviroment and space suits. I'm not sure how much of that did end on screen, but it definetely has his 70's si-fi feel that's still fresh.
>>
>>83118747
No, because it didn't happen and OP is trolling, as usual.
>>
>>83120589
Nope the last engineer was not an android, he looked just like the one from the intro sequence,

He was in cyro stasis

He had an alien grow inside of him.

I don't think the guys on that planet were engineers, more likely they were some other species the engineers had created. Hence them welcoming the ship home or whatever.
>>
>>83121807
>But it's ok for them to be the creations of a robot mad scientist?

David didn't create the xenomorphs. He studied the Engineer's technology and process.

They've been around a lot longer before David started tinkering around on the planet in Covenant. Hence the mural in Prometheus.
>>
I didn't really get that Walter could regenerate every scar like ugly guys mentioned. The close-up suggested me that he could repair his internals. Did w see that he could regenerate his skin scars?
>>
>>83121971

Yeah it was real quick, a couple seconds. The holes in his neck from whatever David tore out healed up fast.
>>
>>83116591
On one hand, fuck Cameron and his generic as fuck vision. On the other, fuck Ridley for making Xenomorphs into man-made experiments.
>>
>>83120919
this
>>
>>83121991
That what I meant. It was an internal repairing not his skin regenerating. Or you talk about something else.
>>
>>83122050

Something else. The skin healed/sealed up.

>>83122013

>On the other, fuck Ridley for making Xenomorphs into man-made experiments.

See >>83121954
>>
>>83116591
no sause senpai?
>>
>>83120744
Very likely the difference is time. A man -- even as handsome as he is -- ages, and Prometheus was released five years ago
>>
>>83121071
A Christmas setting does not a Christmas movie make
>>
>>83120919
>mowing down Things with a flamethrower.
But he already does that at the end of the first one
>>
>>83116591
I recall Scott truly likes Aliens senpai.
Don't do this just to upset fans.
>>
Covenant is shittier than Prometheus
>>
Ridley is a senile butthurt old hack and you know it.
>>
Every person I know prefers Aliens including myself. Ridley knows it so he tried to capture the nostalgia of Cameron's Aliens in Covenant.
>>
>>83122998

No he didn't.
>>
File: alien covenant 5.jpg (90KB, 600x300px)
alien covenant 5.jpg
90KB, 600x300px
>>83121102
this. a lot of this. a fucking truckload of this. Covenant is not the pile of shit everyone is making it out to be. It may not be a masterpiece like Alien, it may not be flawless, but it is a perfectly worthwhile film and its 100% worth a viewing.
>>
>>83120672
That's pretty much it. It would have to store a hell of a lot of food locally and within reach, or have to waste the egg layer portion, quite a loss but apparently not fatal.

What we are seeing is a less magical and mysterious way to get there though. Had it been some collision of the goo which spawned something like what it invaded (e.g. humans, from the engineer in Prometheus, the doggie one from the dog, etc.) and somehow "doubled up" two species, one the small facehugger, throatlayer, and the other the larger insectoid egglayer.

Now that would be interesting, the black goo goofed somehow and had two species laying eggs for each other.
>>
Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 assembly cut are the only worthwhile films in this franchise. Ridley Scott has gone off the deep end.
>>
>>83123153
>Alien 3 assembly cut
What the fuck are you serious? Do you even know what an assembly cut is?
>>
>>83120796
Looked pretty close to the gritty in Alien and alsow what was in Covenant to me. I'm surprised they didn't have some walkers way in the background somewhere.
>>
>>83116591

Have no strong feelings one way or another.
>>
What makes Aliens a good action film anyway? The sets look cheap especially in comparison to the original, the aliens are pushovers until the script say somebody dies and one Alien sneak attacks somebody, the dialogue is just exposition and quips, and the colour palate is abysmal.
>>
>>83120852
I got the feel he was more impressed on the cellular level with the magical DNA than on the macroscopic. That they seemed semi-intelligent and trying to communicate was just a bonus.

Of course, why it would communicate with something it didn't see as anything but background inanimate stuff rather than food, I don't know.
>>
>>83123201
Its sure as fuck better than the one that came out in theaters
>>
Was there anyone that actually wanted to know WHERE the xenomorphs came from? To me that was never even a question. They are aliens...they evolved to be badass killers

I've got a buddy that said "Well SOME people are just more curious than others. obviously alluding to the fact that he liked Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>83120965
Obviously the healing neck was supposed to show Walter could heal, and thus would be back for an unexpected (to David) round 2. So all this happened, and later it also signaled it was really David at the end with the tension over him worrying if she'd realize he wasn't Walter as she helped him staple.

I don't see it as a problem as we never really saw his neck area to see if there was a scar, and even if so he's had 10 freaking years with lots of high tech in the alien ship to just make a new skin not to mention body, or Shaw did.

So if we abandon the need for seeing a neck scar (not seeable, or repaired) everything works out.
>>
An intellectual after watching Alien
>"What a nail biter! I wonder what other cosmic horrors were on that ship? Does the company know? Best to leave it unknown."
A manchild after watching Alien
>"Woah dude that was sick how she kick that Alien freak's ass. I can't wait to see what Ripley does next! I hope she takes on the company and then comes back to that planet with a bunch of guns and kill the Aliens, and even kill the big bad king Alien! That would be sick!"
>>
>>83123270

I keep saying this and people think I'm crazy. The miniature work suffers from horrible lighting and camera work.
>>
>>83121238
that makes me want to rewatch it.
They didn't use any of that in the movie, right?
>>
>>83120962
>>83121916
why do the "engineers" in Covenant have the same looking ship as engineers then?
>>
>>83121102
Nailed it
>>
File: IMG_9689.jpg (642KB, 1920x1056px)
IMG_9689.jpg
642KB, 1920x1056px
This painting reminded me of the garden David buried Shaw in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_the_Dead_(painting)
>>
>>83123619
I'm pretty sure it was on purpose, I recognized it instantly.

>>83116591

So for those that watched it, it was implied that Shaw was the original Alien Queen right? David wanted Daniels to be the next queen.
>>
>>83119042
>>83119133

>someone asks a question (and an obvious question given how Covenant shits all over itself, competely failing as an Alien prequel)
>someone produces an answer that saves the canon, but it is from The Hated Website
>get butthurt over the Hated Website
>>
>>83117536
>The slasher movies you are referring to didn't exist as a genre back then
Yes it did. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Town_That_Dreaded_Sundown
>>
>>83120852
my thoughts exactly, tho desu I think David has gone completely fucking insane and thats why he is able to do the horrible things to people like Shaw even though it was programmed into him to help humans. Some of the best scenes of the film were his interactions with Walter.
>>
Will the third movie have a qt. 314 female android?
>>
>>83124041
anon that would be sexist! you can't show female characters in subservient roles you sick fuck
>>
>>83121196
>Yep, his sketches are of insects, it's a slight logical leap to go from that to queen/hive.

That was a reference to parasitic wasps, not a queen
>>
>>83124199
I'd have to go back but there was egg laying in there I fucking swear
>>
>>83124199
Wasn't the goo, in this movie anyway, actually tiny insects?
>>
>>83124174
>implying she wouldn't be david's or walter's "sister" and his equal
>>
File: Nanomachines, son!.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines, son!.webm
3MB, 710x400px
Know what I think the biggest failing of that science fiction universe is? You have human-level androids, yet the humans are still squishy. You don't have any cybernetic prostheses or marines jacked up with synthetic anabolics and dermal plating or anything. You just have humanity stuck for hundreds of years without doing anything cool.

I'd go full Armstrong given the chance.
>>
>>83117536
halloween was out by then and huge basically youre wrong
>>
>>83118334
>So what the fuck is the point of David's perfect lifeform when all it does is extermination through crude means?

Playing God. David truly is his father's son.
>>
>>83123022
>drop ship landing
>grabbing alien with crane
>blowing it out the air lock
>colony
>>
>>83118716
This scene and the close up of Ash's severed head prop are the only dated parts of the film visually IMO.

Aliens has a LOT of really poor looking miniatures and blue screen effects that have aged terribly. It's amazing just what Ridley got away with on such a small budget.
>>
>>83123458
What did you mean by this?

Like seriously. Because the shittiest part about Covenant was that they had MR. EXPOSITION appear and explain what xenomorphs were and where they came from, destroying the mystery in favor of bad ass action sequences.

The Alien Trilogy + Peometheus (and maybe also Predator and AvP shit, the first AvP wasn't godawful anyway) was the world of mystery, but Covenant ruins that.

Admittedly, yes, the novels and comics fucked up xenomorphs already by giving them a homeworld and xenomorphs are the sort of postmodern horror that comes from nowhere, knowing no borders, muh immanence, muh rhizome, etc, etc.

>>83123270
It is in the middle of the greatest American film trilogy ever.
Also, balls to the wall awesome acting.
Game over, sing kumbaya, get away from her you bitch, etc.
>>
>Alien
>Canon
>Despite Covenant explicitly retconning it
>>
>>83124445
????????????????????
>>
>>83124445
where retcon?
>>
>>83120852
The point is David is fucking delusional because he's an android, he literally can't stand the fact that he's "superior" to humans in almost every single way, yet can't create life.

This is why he's being an overcompensating cunt and creating his own form of life with the pathogen, to feel ultimately and finally superior to humans and create something that, in his eyes, eclipses them.
>>
>>83124484
>>83124504
>Space Jockey in the first movie is Fossilized
>Covenant takes place a few decades before Alien

The entire timeline is fucked such that the only movie that Covenant retcons literally every movie, including Prometheus, which has images of Xenomorphhs before Xenomorphs even existed.
>>
>>83124370
Are It The Terror From Beyond Space and Night of the Blood Beast considered slashers? I don't think so
>>
File: 1494868889402.jpg (19KB, 312x256px)
1494868889402.jpg
19KB, 312x256px
>>83121317
>Because we were looking outwards rather than inwards. Instead of fixing ourselves and our follies, we sought to perpetuate them in space, ever expanding and consuming.
What a load of pretentious shit. If you don't expand, you get killed by that which does. To expand is to go outside your comfort zone and challenge yourself. Settling new planets is not fucking easy at all. Staying on earth is very easy and very comfortable. Staying on earth guarantees that you end up as Nietzsche's Last Man until a superior species carpet bombs your planet so they can plant wheat on it. Dumb as they may be, xenomorphs are superior in that they know to kill or be killed. However, humanity in this world seems to accept this on some level just by dint of expanding at all.

Or as this guy said, >>83124568
David is a pompous little cunt.
>>
>>83124615
>tfw I unironically like the Stallone Judge Dredd
>>
>>83124652
Take away that unfunny kike Schneider and it's more than decent.
>>
>>83116591
sour grapes.jpg
>>
>>83120154
>and the fucking retard actually does it.
The Absolute Madman he actually did it!
>>
People who aren't even film buffs realize aliens is better than alien.
>>
>>83124581
>which has images of Xenomorphhs before Xenomorphs even existed.
Nigga the Engineers created the black goo, I'm sure they fucked with it for thousands of years to see most of the possibilities it could create.

For all we know David is just tweaking the formula that already existed, hence the mural of the Xeno or more likely "Deacon" in Prometheus. The species itself obviously existed a long fucking time before David got his mitts on it, he's simply creating another strain or sub-species using a species he has free access to (humans).
>>
>>83123441
I had no interest in where they came from (I just assumed they had evolved to be what they were) but I had some curiosity about the ship where all the eggs were on and what the company was up to.
>>
>>83120154
Also no one comments how the second face hugger was able to impregnate the gay dude when it was only on him for a couple seconds. Like what is even the point of the facehugger sedating you with its tail and you being asleep for a couple days in the first alien if it just needs to a couple seconds to lay the egg?
>>
>>83124902
>>83124851
Exactly, I was curious about the space jockey and it would have been cool to get a movie based on its origins and the ship, and we did obviously, but not the xenomorph.

And all this talk of lore with the engineers messing with the xeno formula and everything is bullshit. Completely ruins what the alien was.
>>
>>83120154
This seems to be the absolute stupidest part to me. I'll probably stream this crap once and forget about it like AVPR tbph.
>>
>>83125002
>Completely ruins what the alien was.
The Alien was ALWAYS assumed to be a bioweapon, hence the almost man-made bio-mechanical aesthetic and being found in another alien creature's cargo hold.
>>
>>83116591
>I think it makes sense actually. Xenomorphs always felt more mysterious and alien when they didn't have a leader.
If he aimed for mystery he fucked up the moment he decided to explain the Engineers.
>>
>Same model as theirs, made by their company. No way of knowing he was different or that androids could be deceptive or harm them intentionally.
10 years old, all dirty and with long hair, my first action would be to run a test on him to see if hes not broken or malfunctioning

>Except the wound got progressively worse? It was a small amount too.
that amount should have penetrated his cranium all the way through just like it did in nostromo

>It was a ship made by his company. If he didn't already have that info, he probably just downloaded it the second he came aboard.
ok

>They weren't scientists, except the nigger chick, they were a colonization team. And all the metrics and scans made the planet look safe, and it was sans-goo.
this will never ever be an excuse, it was not 'just another planet lmao'
it was a huge deal and nobody seemed to give it any importance, they literally just tested for basic shit and then went on to land and open the dropship doors without care, at the very least they should have sent Walter to grab samples.

>IT'S A FUCKING NEVER BEFORE SEEN ALIEN. Panic and Fear are real emotions that have disastrous consequences. Fucking simpleton.
>I bet you've never shot a gun
shooting guns is not taboo, quite common where I live and anywhere in rural america
>simpletons
they were top of the line people chosen and trained to take this trip, yet they behave like children, any amount of decent weapons training will glue trigger discipline into your brain

>such a fucking spergy complaint
nice argument, I'm still right, and it was just convenient Hollywood shit

>ostensibly safe
again with, not an excuse for an space colonizing team, their behavior was touching penis alien while smoking weed tier

>no one would react with logic upon seeing something like that for the first time.
text limit, again not an excuse, this were supposed to be highly trained individuals and eradicating dangerous contaminants is rule #1
>>
Watch the next film explain that David didn't create the xenomorph but merely recreated something the engineers already created.
>How do you explain the space jockey in Alien being fossilized
> inb4 black goo bullshit
>>
>>83123513
>why do the "engineers" in Covenant have the same looking ship as engineers then?

What?

The ship in Covenant is the ship from Prometheus that Shaw and David left in.

The dock was put there on the planet by the Engineers.

What is so hard to understand?
>>
>>83123750
>So for those that watched it, it was implied that Shaw was the original Alien Queen right? David wanted Daniels to be the next queen.

No. People really need to accept that in Ridley's Alien there is no queen.
>>
>>83124581
>The entire timeline is fucked such that the only movie that Covenant retcons literally every movie, including Prometheus, which has images of Xenomorphhs before Xenomorphs even existed.

Why is it so hard for people to understand David is tinkering with an already developed species? Do people really think David "created" the xeno?
>>
>>83125850
>Watch the next film explain that David didn't create the xenomorph but merely recreated something the engineers already created.

But that's...that's already the story so far. Hence the mural in Prometheus.
>>
>>83125884
that was a dock? the thing literally looks like just an enlarged version of what david/shaw were in, but tilted downwards
>>
>>83126108

Yeah man it was obviously a dock for the Engineer ship.

This planet was just another one seeded by the Engineers which is why they approached them with open arms and excitement as if "the gods have returned"
>>
>>83116778
why use bug dna? wasnt it already the perfect goo goo serum for world building
>>
>>83125918
But in Prometheus there's a mural of the Queen.
>>
>>83126175
then where did the dock go once everyone was dead?
>>
The murals of the xenomorphs are the end game. The black goo mixed with this and that and birthed through this and birthed through that are all just stages. Eventually they always reach the end, the Xenomorph, seen in the murals.

Everything in the universe (that we have seen so far) has been created by Engineers seeding the planet by sacrificing themselves with the black goo, most likely to ensure their genetic framework is consistent on these planets, so that whatever grows on these planets will also eventually lead to the Xenomorph.
>>
why don't the engineers check up on their now-dead planet? why wouldn't they have sent out a ship to recover or check up on the original death ship from Prometheus, considering that it's been gone for 2000 fucking years?
>>
>>83126239

No there wasn't.
>>
>>83126175
if every planet seeded has a dock then where is earth's duck?
>>
>>83126294

I don't know?
>>
>>83126366
yes there was retard
>>
>>83126387

Who said every planet seeded has a spaceship dock?
>>
>>83126392
not him but checkmate faggot
>>
>>83126416
why do those albino fucks get a dock? for fucks sake we are humans, we deserve a dock more than those docile dickless albinofags
>>
>>83126332
>why don't the engineers check up on their now-dead planet?

There's a good deleted Prometheus scene where Elba explains it's a weapons base and the second something goes wrong they will destroy it and blacklist it.

There is no reason for any of the Engineers to come back to the planet in Prometheus because it was a military base that built WMD's that got out of control.

It is quarantined.
>>
>>83126424

How is that a checkmate? The Engineers could have easily decided which planet deserved a dock and revisiting.
>>
>>83123816
You have to go back
>>
>>83126393
No there wasn't.
>>
>>83126393

There was not.
>>
>>83119632
>it's failing because I said so
okay
>>
>>83126528
>>83126522
>>83126393
>>83126366
>>83126239
for reference
>>
>>83126631
Is it behind the relief depiction of the deacon?
>>
>>83118307
stalth. He incapacitates the victim and makes it impossble for the friends to remove it. Then the victim seems fine until all of asudden this little fucker comes out and does his autistic screeching
>>
>>83126473
by "now-dead planet" I actually meant the plant with the engineer-looking dudes
>>
>>83126631

lol
>>
>>83119217
>tiny miniature xeno grows from size of a small cartoon chichuahua to size of a big tiger in less than 1 minute of camera time.

chestbusters become full grown xenos in half a day
>>
>>83126823
if the crew spend half a day looking for the captain that that's even worse time lapse and editing, because that felt like it happened in less than half an hour
>>
>>83116591
Speaking as someone who hasn't seen anything past Aliens, I like the Queen. A great final boss and makes sense for the species. I don't see the Aliens as the sexual-reproduction type. A vicious queen constantly birthing eggs makes perfect sense. It works with Gigers themes of sex and reproduction as a horrifying, disgusting and even violent act.

I think the Xeno's were better as creatures who are simply evolutions masterpiece, a perfect survival machine. Having them be a genetically engineered experiment makes them less interesting to me.

Alien is the anti-Star Trek. Don't go to other planets because you have no idea what could be living there. Life forms beyond your comprehension designed to kill you in ways you can't conceive.

Speaking of Star Trek, did the introduction of the Borg Queen ruin the Borg? I tend to think they were more effective as a faceless collective. They were the only species that you couldn't put a face to. Even when they're 'onscreen' you just see a vast chamber of Borg drones. The Queen basically acts as an individual, with personality and contradicts the concept of the Borg. She made a fine villain for that one movie but I don't know.
>>
File: 1484247280573.gif (2MB, 320x240px)
1484247280573.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>83119042
>>83119133
>>83119172
>>83126521
>"Plot hole! Plot hole! I found a plot hole!"
>"no it isn't."
>Provides link
>"REEEE NORMIE! LET ME SHITPOST!"
epin
>>
>>83117376
Think you're thinkin about Halloween.
The only thing Alien inspired was Ridley Scott to make other Alien movies. And also crossover comics where the xenomorph fights the crew of the USS Enterprise.
>>
>>83126455
It's that attitude right there that got us non albino genetic freak fucks earmarked for extermination 2k years ago and the normal looking baldies of Covenant their sweet ass dock.

Try being a little less entitled, Human scum.
>>
>>83126926
>Did the Borg Queen ruin the Borg?

Eh. They needed a character to represent the Borg in the movie. She was good enough in First Contact with her Temptation of Data, and she served her purpose there. But she gets really shitty in Voyager.

They should have made First Contact a real Vietnam in Space movie. The whole ship should've been totally crawling with Borg, hiding in every Jefferies Tube, infesting the Holodecks, etc etc. And doing it in a totally faceless and inhuman manner too.
>>
>>83120735
Damn good thing Alien isn't getting deified. Oh wait, people unironically try and call it the greatest movie ever made and dig way too deep to try and pry out sexual and religious undertones to justify liking a cool Sci fi horror movie. The premise isn't anything special. The strengths are in the sets and concept art, that's pretty much all anyone remembers. The Alien franchise is an elongated, shiny head with no eyes and a tongue that has a mouth on it.
We totally need 85 fucking prequels to establish this labyrinth of a masterpiece.
>>
>>83116591
All it means is that Prometheus and Covenant aren't canon to the Aliens franchise. Which sound acceptable to me.
>>
>>83118828
>A3 xeno
>cgi
Pick one.
>>
>>83116591
Aliens is > Prometheus and Covenant though. Ridley has lost it.
>>
>>83121102

That things like this have to be explained constantly to people that believe otherwise is sad.
>>
>>83121102
>They weren't scientists, except the nigger chick, they were a colonization team. And all the metrics and scans made the planet look safe, and it was sans-goo.
Those scans said the planet was possibly habitable, with breathable air. They didn't say shit about the flora or fauna. What if there's plant life on the planet's surface that's poisonous? Oh wait, they actually encountered that exact scenario.
>>
>>83127622
well whatever it was it was fuckin hideous, cgi or not
>>
>>83118189
>>83117905
>>83117695
am i the only one who hates the xenos are the main attraction again (fucking jump scare plotdevices) and the engineers were killed too soon?

Maybe there is some left and
>last engineer creates Xenomorph queen
>Queen destroys David
>>
>>83121339
It may be a surprise to you, but learning to deal with extremely stressful situations is not limited to "muh seals", it is no less important for astro/cosmonauts, which the space colonists are by default. Especially if they are pioneers. Fucktard.
>>
File: Iron Jim.jpg (758KB, 1429x1280px)
Iron Jim.jpg
758KB, 1429x1280px
>>83116640
>>83116698
Hackley Scott fanboys BTFO

Cameron > Scott
Aliens > Alien
>>
>>83126205
yes im almost positive in the film he said that the spores originated or formed into the mosquito like lifeform >>> the mosquito larvae anatomy and the adult mosquito habits were direct influences on the design of the alien, through Giger and Obannon
>>
>>83129250
he is a senile greedy old fuck too as you can see on his plans with AVATAR FRANCHISE noone asked for
>>
>>83129438
>he is a senile greedy old fuck too as you can see on his plans with ALIEN FRANCHISE noone asked for

You sure you weren't talking about Scott?
>>
>>83123996
>even though it was programmed into him to help humans

I don't think David was programmed to help humans, just simply to do Weyland's bidding and being as humanlike as possible. Once Weyland croaked and David was left to his own devices, he went nuts.
>>
>>83116591
Alien the Alien is a weird Alien - you don't even really know how it works or reproduces. Directors cut makes it even weirder b adding that it turns people into eggs.

Aliens - they are just smart bugs.

Now we're back to bugs? fuck sake.
>>
>>83120689
>reddit
>>
>>83124426

Alien hugging Dallas is bad after multiple views
Alien walking towards Lambert with its arms out looks pretty bad
Nostromo exploding
Nostromo turning when it descends towards lv426 makes it look like a model being rotated
The Alien dropping behind Brett

Still my favorite movie tho
>>
>>83120154
Well established by that point that the Captain is a drooling, incompetent oaf.
>>
>>83116591

same with borg queen, this really fucked the borg.
human fantasy really is low.
>>
>>83121102

I agree with all this except for the planet scans bit. That wouldn't bit up microbes and the likes. So I still think they should have wore helmets.

I like to fanfic that they did on a first initial helmeted explore of their area and the film takes us on their second exped out after realising it's safe,
>>
>>83129438
As opposed to the senile greedy old fuck and his plans for the ALIEN FRANCHISE no one asked for.
>>
>>83120275
They had literally no idea what it was, how was Kane supposed to know that it had fucking acid for blood and could melt through a helmet. They didn't have any information to go on beyond the fact that everything about the planet and the ship was creepy
Compare that to the fact that in Covenant, they've already seen that the parasitic lifeforms exist, that David is incredibly suspicious in his demeanor and the way he cared about the alien, and that the captain has no reason to walk down into a pitch black basement and expose himself without any protection whatsoever
>>
>>83124915
It is stupid that it impregnated him instantly, and that the chestburster then hatched like 2 hours later, but I guess you could assume that the sedation is something the facehugger does to ensure that the host doesn't do anything that could potentially kill the alien before it's born
>>
>>83116591
I would have agreed with him completely but then I saw Prometheus.

I'm not even sure what's happening at this point.
Has Ridley Scott actually lost it or was it just a futile attempt to save the series by doing it himself, since those movies would have been made anyways?

In any case, Alien remains the only great movie in the series.

Aliens feels more like a beat-by-beat remake of Them! in space than a proper Alien sequel.
But Cameron has always been a hack.
>>
>>83116778
What a terrible idea.
Who writes these scripts?
>>
>>83126985
>>83123816

It's funny how the people who complain the most about reddit seem to know the most about it as well.

>>83118816

The fuck you talking about? Battle Angel Alita is a fucking classic.
>>
>>83116591

New canon makes 0 fucking sense.

It was 10 times better when they were just some very dangerous life form.
>>
>>83126926
Same with Mass Effect. The geth was a neat alien concept, an artificial specie where every unit makes decisions alongside with every other member of its specie.

Then in 3 they all want to be like Pinoccio and become 'real'.
>>
>>83127273
i see so many people say shit like this, 'pry out sexual and religious undertones'. do you honestly not see them? sexuality in alien isn't exactly a hidden theme, the entire lifecycle of the alien and most of the gore in the film has sexual masculine/feminine undertones to it. a large majority of the set design too does for that matter. the abandoned engineer ship is crawling with sexual iconography, from the penis lined walls to the vaginal openings and walkways, to the fact that the whole ship is shaped like a uterus+fellopian tubes. the creature is intentionally designed to look erotic/sexual, and we see it commiting penetrative acts upon people/impregnating them (if you count it turning dallas and brett into essentially its offspring with the egg scene). how can you not see any of this, or if you do, how do you disclude it from being sexual?
>>
File: 1495450861762.png (15KB, 420x420px)
1495450861762.png
15KB, 420x420px
>>83116879
you literally just described me minus visiting Cracked
>>
>>83129543
>>83131258
true on both, though
Scott fucks his shit up by pleasing fanservice and killing his new ideas (engineers) just to bring back edgy bananheaded monsters

Cameron wants his own dumb shit to become a franchise fo' mo' money
>>
File: wew.png (124KB, 325x325px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
124KB, 325x325px
>all these people demanding explanations from the movies

You fools are whats ruining it all

The only patrician choice is demanding more aesthetics and ruined alien worlds and mystery and different plots than 'spaceship full of incompetent idiots gets slaughtered'
>>
>>83127273
Good post
>>
>>83136033
Exactly. The premise for the film was interspecies rape. They brought Giger in because all his art depicts sex as a cold, carnal, violent act of self proliferation. The creature survives by forcibly impregnating a host and gives birth by killing said host. Not exactly buried themes here.
>>
File: cgiandgreen.jpg (56KB, 325x481px)
cgiandgreen.jpg
56KB, 325x481px
>>83133710
Damon Lindelof and then the guy who wrote this.

I'm serious.
>>
>>83136802
A lot of series work on emotional response more than logic and internal consistency.

Something like Star Wars is the opposite in terms of tone but works because you can connect so directly with the hero's journey and the heroic struggle against the powers of tyranny and evil. It stirs a response in the audience without stopping to explain how they understand Chewbacca or where they get their fuel from. The expanded universe is an exercise in misery. Trying to make a fantasy universe make sense.

Alien evoked a different response (fear) but also worked by not explaining everything. The first time you watch Alien and you see the life cycle, it's truly horrifying because you don't knwo what's happening next and there's no time to discover answers. It doesn't matter where this thing came from, we've got to get the fuck away from it! And fun things like the Engineers built into their spaceships are great as clues to stir the imagination and make you wonder. Retconning an explanation is unnecessary and removes the sense of horror and wonder.

Imagine if they made a bunch of sequels/prequels to The Shining and attempted to explain everything and give a reason for each little piece that doesn't quite add up
>Here's why Jack is in the photo at the end
>Here's why the Grady murderer is called Charles and Delbert
>Here's the Native Americans who were slaughtered
>Here's the family that visited the Overlook before the Torrances

I better shutup, you know Hollywood would jump at the chance to make a prequel about the previous caretakers.
>>
>>83116698
Could you imagine lurking /tv/ in a world where computers look like that?
>>
>>83137185
Thanks for agreeing
>>
>>83116879
What is the best X-Mas movie?
>>
>>83116879
Literally me.
>>
>>83136259
>fo' mo' money

Nothing, literally nothing about Avatar while it was being produced indicated that it was gonna be a financial super hit. Cameron wanted to create his own movie universe. That's it. Saying he just did it for money when in fact it was a huge risk and he started writing it two decades before it came out is just a lowblow. Dude wanted to create his own alien world and he did it. Same with Titanic. Everybody thought it was gonna flop and Cameron said he only did it because he really wanted to go to the wreck and have the studio pay for it.
>>
>>83127273
I agree, but the sexual themes aren't exactly "undertones." They're not deep or especially meaningful, but they are extremely overt.
>>
>>83137578
They're only there to help with evoking fear really
>>
File: 1485991719170.png (3KB, 202x184px)
1485991719170.png
3KB, 202x184px
>>83116591
>bash a classic
>get your Alien: Cuckenant shill thread constantly bumped to the top

Clever shill, too bad you forgot to change your Reddit spacing, faggot.
>>
>>83137518
I was severely whelmed (neither over or under, y'feel?) by Avatar but respect to Cameron for trying to create a cinematic universe not based on any pre existing material. Dances With Wolves not excepted

If nothing else, he's created a shitload of VFX jobs here in New Zealand. Cheers James Cameron!
>>
File: thumbsupm8.jpg (74KB, 478x600px)
thumbsupm8.jpg
74KB, 478x600px
>>83121579
>>
>>83136033
Yeah I noticed them, it's definitely overt stuff and pretty easy to see that sex/rape is a part of the movie. But it doesn't make it much more spectacular than it already is.
So much about LV426 and what makes it so cool is that we don't know what happened there, or who the space jockey is, at least in my opinion. And trying to explain every detail of it kind of defeats the purpose to me. Much like an aging George Lucas trying to tell everyone exactly how Darth Vader came into existence.
>>
>>83117613
Dude, even David fincher doesn't like alien 3.
>>
>>83116591
>muh canon
This is an 18+ website.
>>
File: 1424868675549.png (13KB, 381x380px)
1424868675549.png
13KB, 381x380px
>>83116591
>felt more mysterious
>experiment by a wacko robot
>more mysterious
>>
File: dfcbvdfdf.png (416KB, 807x413px)
dfcbvdfdf.png
416KB, 807x413px
Hey all u fagggots who bitching about remakes and wanted the series to end after the first 2 DONT FUCKING WATCH IT conside everything else as fan fiction and STFU
>>
>>83138741
no Arguments left the post. reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>83124581
>few decades
its just 17 years m8
>>
>>83127599
and you are 100% right
>>
>>83118716

>" "
>>
>>83117905
who made Predators? :^)
>>
>>83139358
walter to get back at david
>>
File: 1495406632992.png (39KB, 482x556px)
1495406632992.png
39KB, 482x556px
>>83116591
>baby alien took a shotgun blast to the chest
>just a flesh wound lmao
wew fucking lad
>>
Why does Ridley Scott hate and not understand the concept of evolution by natural selection
>>
In a future prequel, David's homebrew brood will fight against engineers and their perfected xenomorph strain. Sound reasonable?
>>
File: ripleypubes.webm (2MB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
ripleypubes.webm
2MB, 1920x1036px
>Jim Cameron ruined A...
>>
>>83119262
already preordered
>>
>>83120796
Its aesthetic as fuk.. all those early Scott movies are goat
>>
>>83121196
Insects are basically biological robots
>>
File: batman.jpg (45KB, 640x624px)
batman.jpg
45KB, 640x624px
>>83116879
but my favorite christmas movie is batman begins
>>
File: 1494631245268.jpg (48KB, 600x600px)
1494631245268.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>83139358
>>
So the airborne fungii spores that create neomorphs are naturally occurring on the planet, or were they created by David also?

I don't think they're natural since it would have killed the Engineers before David arrived

If the neomorphs were created by David, why did he struggle to communicate with them?
>>
>>83123750
>yfw David loved Shaw so much he granted her wish to be a mother by making her a proto queen for his ultimate being
>>
>>83126387
Earth didn't make it to space-faring status under the Engineers' watch, we killed Space Jesus
>>
>>83137518
>he started writing it two decades before it came out

What writing? There is no original plot in that movie. I believe he spent two decades designing shit, maybe.
>>
File: cameron.png (156KB, 276x242px)
cameron.png
156KB, 276x242px
>>83116591
Isn't Aliens the only reason they keep making sequels to this damn franchise?
>>
>>83141400
>Snyder's daughter
>Ridley's brother

We just can't catch a break, can we?
>>
>>83116640
true
I just watch some scenes form Aliens and man I canĀ“t believe that people thought that it was scary. The alien queen looks looks just like a ... well puppet that barely moves and the actual aliens look like dudes in costumes
>>
>>83141969
Nobody ever thought Aliens was scary. It was tense and that's it.
>>
>>83116591
>So what was your reaction when Ridley Scott said he didn't consider anything beyond the first Alien, Prometheus and Covenant canonical, including the introduction of the Alien Queen?

Looking at it from his perspective, it makes perfect sense. He wasn't involved in the rest of those projects, so why worry about what Jim Cameron and David Fincher did?
>>
>>83116591
>>
>>83116879
Me on the context
>>
>>83140113
why is he riding the facehuggers tail
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.