[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean if a show didn't age well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1441.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1441.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
What does it mean if a show didn't age well?
>>
It means it was a different time.
>>
>>83114515

Just go back to the original run of Twin Peaks and see that what used to be innovative is now an embarrassing soap opera.

Lynch knew this and is making the new series the complete opposite on purpose just to piss off the fans. It's really shitty, but I have to admire anyone that takes jokes this far.
>>
>>83114515
It's natural to age, OP.
>>
>>83114515
it means I have nothing substantial to say about why I don't like it
>>
>>83114515
The only time a TV show or movie hasn't aged well is when it makes references to current events at the time.
Technical aspects of a film or TV show that are limited by technology available at the time does not mean they didn't age well.
>>
>>83114515
it means that either you grew up, or the novelty in the show doesn't work in todays world
>>
>>83114515
Certain types of film stock deteriorate in a way that makes the themes and style of a show seem dated and uninteresting. It can also affect the quality of acting and any special effects.
>>
>>83114515
check out RDJ's quip back in Ironman 2 I think when he asked to check his myspace or something
>>
Certain techniques, while revolutionary at the time, can seem unrefined because the formula has been copied and perfected over the years.
>>
>>83114966
No. This man does not know what he's talking about. It's the film stock deterioration. Now that most films are filmed on digital media, bit rot does the same thing.
>>
File: 1379628716769.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1379628716769.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>83115174
>bit rot
>>
File: Ozposter.jpg (27KB, 341x537px) Image search: [Google]
Ozposter.jpg
27KB, 341x537px
>>83114515
in retrospect, somehting that was considered "cutting edge" seems "over the top" or excessive.

Take the show "OZ". great show for it's time but now that years have gone by it just seems excessive in some of it's plots, angles, and the style it was filmed in.

It aged like milk compared to todays standards.
>>
>>83114515
Sometimes a work of art/entertainment speaks specifically to a type of viewer, like Magic Mike I imagine is eyecandy for women, sometimes a work is even more specifc and speaks to people in an era.
A movie can be remembered as a great teen movie by people in their 30s and 40s, but the themes may not apply to teens outside of their generation so it hasn't aged as well as it could've.

It can also mean that it is technically outdated and it harms the show.
>>
>>83115662
The first two seasons still hold up
>>
File: you just got hacked, kid.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
you just got hacked, kid.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Will POI hold up in 5-10 years, /tv/?
>>
>>83114622
>is now an embarrassing soap opera.
How to miss the point in one easy step.
The show was literally a spoof of soap operas.
>>
>>83114515
God damn that looks good. Which burger did you get

Tell me you got the sweet and spicy bacon burger
>>
most of the time it's empty criticism.

>>83114725
what if this show is a period piece though, wouldn't that be essential to the show?
>>
>>83116321
That ultimately depends on the story it's trying to tell and whether or not it's actually relevant to historical events.
>>
>>83114515
>https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4e70i4/how_come_fight_club_looks_visually_way_more/d1xpx1p/
>>
>>83116492
tl;dr Fincher kept his film stock in his freezer to prevent it form deteriorating.
>>
>>83114515
Should have gotten onion rings, bro.
>>
>>83114515
it means people are too stupid to consider the context of the time period in which it was made
>>
Watch early CGI films they look terrifying by today's standards
>>
>>83114515
Go rewatch Friends and you'll know what it means.
>>
>>83114515
Means that its shit or just not as good as we once thought it was at the time. Kinda like when you hear "the cgi aged horribly" but in this case its the overall elements of the show or movie. It varies.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.