[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old farts are ruining Hollywood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: old-farts.jpg (57KB, 1392x523px) Image search: [Google]
old-farts.jpg
57KB, 1392x523px
Can these boomers finally just go away and spare us these abominable sequels that just can't stop? I wish Harrison Ford wasn't in the new Blade Runner, I can't stand the face of his
>>
they'll all be dead in 5 years so you'll just have to bear it a short while longer
>>
>>83106214
These fuckers are cooking a new DIe Hard movie, a new Indiana Jones maybe a new Terminator and Rocky. Fuck these old farts
>>
File: cobra.jpg (645KB, 1977x2949px) Image search: [Google]
cobra.jpg
645KB, 1977x2949px
Ernie should retire UNLESS a worthy King Conan script and director come along

Bruce should retire after Unbreakablest, UNLESS Wes Anderson wants to work with him again, as that was the only movie in almost 20 years he actually acted in

Ford, i don't care, I didnt see Indy 4 and don't plan on seeing 5 probably so who cares, should have worn the dang jacket or something but a t-shirt in blade runner promos wtf

Sly is based and should do whatever the fuck he wants. More Marvel as OG Guardian, more action flicks, Rocky, whatever, he's a self made man, the American Dream not unlike Arnold. He teased a sequel to pic related on his instagram recently. Should hire Refn honestly.
>>
>>83106699
How is Arnold not a self-made man?
>>
>>83106699
they all should have retired 20 years ago
>>
File: Arnold 1979.jpg (103KB, 620x886px) Image search: [Google]
Arnold 1979.jpg
103KB, 620x886px
>>83106782
'not unlike' means similar
>>
>>83106132
Where are their replacements though?
>>
File: glare.png (114KB, 511x511px) Image search: [Google]
glare.png
114KB, 511x511px
>hollywood has been unable to make new movie stars since the eighties

Tick tock Hollywood, your time has almost elapsed. Your stagnant ideas and rampant propaganda has crushed you and the death of western entertainment is upon you. Eastern cinema rises and will take your money and your viewers and grind you into dust and the conniving sheep will flock like rats on a sinking ship as they drown, sunk by the rising glory of eastern cinema. Too late, you'll change your ways, when the little spreadsheets that show the dollars that govern your lives read zero will you desperately try to gain back what they have lost through their own ineptitude. But it will be too late. No one will answer their call. But no one will be left watching to see.
The sun is rising in the east.
>>
>>83106132
Don't forger DeNiro. He hasn't been in anything good in over 2 decades. I actively avoid movies with him in them now.
>>
>>83106905
Jai Courtney

:^)
>>
File: At first I was like.png (610KB, 938x603px) Image search: [Google]
At first I was like.png
610KB, 938x603px
>>
>>83106905
Shia LAboeuf
>:^)
>>
File: But then I was like.png (805KB, 935x601px) Image search: [Google]
But then I was like.png
805KB, 935x601px
>>83107080
>>
>>83106949
But seeing old farts doing action movies as if they were 30 again is quite miserable
>>
>>83106905
Bendthatdick cuminbitch

};^D
>>
File: 1471117967878.png (982KB, 769x672px) Image search: [Google]
1471117967878.png
982KB, 769x672px
>In mid-2010, Pacino learned that his business manager, Kenneth I. Starr, had been arrested for embezzling his clients’ money in a Ponzi scheme. (Starr is currently serving seven and a half years in prison.) There had been warnings. Early on, Mike Nichols, who had taken his money out of Starr’s company, had raised suspicions. “I’ll get to it,” Pacino told Nichols. “Then I never got to it,” he said. “Millions of dollars were gone,” Sola said. “Gone.”

>Pacino took the loss in stride. “I thought, Hey, this is the world. It’s real,” he said. “Not one day I saw him down or depressed,” Sola said. “He was, like, ‘O.K., now what do we do? Roll up our sleeves and go to work.’ ”

>Pacino’s agent, John Burnham, told me, “In his halcyon days he made around fourteen million a picture, but the industry’s changed. Nowadays, he gets five million. With a gun—seven million.” It has taken Pacino four years to work himself back to a position where, he says, “compared to a normal person, I have a significant amount.” He sold a Snedens Landing property, did commercials, took out a loan, and signed on for Adam Sandler’s dismal but profitable “Jack and Jill” (2011)—a “kids’ movie,” according to Pacino, in which he sent up both his legend and his financial predicament. In the film’s best moment, a hip-hop ad for Dunkin’ Donuts, Pacino can be seen dancing and pitching the “Dunkaccino”: “You want creamy goodness / I’m your friend / Say hello to my chocolate blend.”
>>
File: 1471117878541.png (391KB, 485x415px) Image search: [Google]
1471117878541.png
391KB, 485x415px
>>83107182
>[...] Sola had persuaded Pacino to accompany her to a friend’s birthday bowling party the next day. That evening, complaining about the “fucking bowling shoes”—“I can’t stand putting on my shoes every day. Imagine putting on bowling shoes,” he said—Pacino got behind the wheel of his white Range Rover and headed for Lucky Strike, in Hollywood, which turned out to be more of a bowling den than an alley.

>A bookshelf extended from the entrance into the large underlit space; jokey signage—a poster advertising “10 Rules for Sleeping Around”—hung from the walls; from a distance, beyond the bar, came the echo of ricocheting pins. The birthday girl, Kam, in blue satin shorts and a diamanté tiara, waved Pacino and Sola over to the leather banquette where her posse of svelte girlfriends and their men were huddled. While Sola plunged into the crowd of chatty celebrants, Pacino took a barstool at a table behind them and ordered a plate of barbecued chicken. As he ate, the standup comedian Bill* Bellamy, who is credited with coining the phrase “booty call,” appeared. “We’re blessed, man,” Bellamy said. “I’m blessed. You killed in that Liberace shit, man.”

>“That was Michael Douglas,” Pacino said, wiping barbecue sauce off his fingers.
>>
>>83107182
he should've invested in real estate
>>
>>83107182
I think most of these old farts lost their money because of Bernie Madoff. They're too ashamed to reveal it.
>>
>>83106905
There are none because the era of the action hero is over, we have advanced as a society, now it's all about stronk womyn and their sensitive sidekicks of color
>>
>>83107303
Speaking of which- Has anyone watched the HBO Deniro Madoff movie? How is it?
>>
>19 replies
>8 posters
>"old fart"

Did one of these guys fuck your mother or something? Why are you so angry at them on what seems to be such a personal level?
>>
>>83107410
Fuck off
>>
File: Schwarezenegger-vs.-Brody.jpg (41KB, 568x260px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarezenegger-vs.-Brody.jpg
41KB, 568x260px
>>83106905
> their (((replacements)))
>>
>>83107326
Not really, Hollywood just replaced action heroes with super heroes.
>>
>>83106132
>and spare us these abominable sequels that just can't stop?

It's not their fault nostalgia-faggotry is rampant among Gen-Xers and Millenials

If dumb cunts in those generation stopped wanting to feel whatever they felt the first time they saw those franchises, you wouldn't be getting these fucking endless reboots and remakes WITH HARRISON FORD REPRISING HIS ROLE AS DECKARD/SOLO
>>
>>83107182
>5 million a film
>had to work 4 years to have more than a 'normal' person
Awwww poor baby in sure that was so rough for you only making 5 million fucking dollars to play pretend time for a few days. Fucking Jews
>>
File: bragafu.jpg (65KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
bragafu.jpg
65KB, 500x750px
>>83107442
Predators was kino, dude
>>
>>83107667
Did you not read the part where he didnt once complain
>>
>>83107667
I might be wrong but Al Pacino isn't a jew
>>
Judge Dredd was a good sequel, Mad Max was good too, Blade Runner might be, the other remakes, rehashes and pre/sequels not so much.

There are too many now, writers need to get creative and come up with something fresh and original for once. I think they were spooked by John Carter which failed to capture anyone's interest, they want to stick to tried and tested formulas but there are other ways to do this besides these things and capekino.
>>
>>83107688
>Jewish

ha
>>
>>83106132
It's probably hard to refuse millions of dollars for what amounts to a few dozen hours of work.
>>
>>83108098
Dude, maybe you missed the part where Mel Gibson wasn't in Mad Max and Stallone wasn't in Judge Dredd either. I think Terminator Renaissance was great, but the producers thought it didn't make enough money so they went back for a shitty reboot with a female lead and Shwarzennegger instead of a sequel to Renaissance
>>
>>83106132
Ford isn't a Boomer, he's a Silent.
>>
>>83108098
I don't consider Judge Dredd to be a sequel. It's just a completely different adaptation of the source material
>>
>>83106132
Well, Synecdoche: New York pretty much sums up their psychological state. I sincerely DOUBT the main reason for their sequel creation is money (except maybe Harrison Ford who has always been an overrated dick). I believe they just want to feel like they matter again. Be relevant again. This is why they are creating all these sequels for films that people used to adore. I mean, sure, nowadays they're still treated with respect and their legacy remains, but in present time, their movies are overshadowed by capshit garbage. And as they try to appeal to today's audiences, they create a bunch of garbage.
>>
>>83107699
I didn't say he complained, but the article is written like he is some kind of hero for struggling on 5 million a movie.
>>
>>83106132
Why isn't there a middle mode?
Why must they choose between old farts and fucking baby faced twinks?
>>
>>83108298
>I sincerely DOUBT the main reason for their sequel creation is money

Point him, point him and fucking laugh
>>
>>83108482
Point AT him, fuck sake
>>
>>83106132
these are some of the only good people still working. the new generation sucks for 90% of movies and actors. that's always been the percentage, but the guys in your pic OP are the good ones
>>
File: Predators-movie-image-61.jpg (523KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Predators-movie-image-61.jpg
523KB, 1200x800px
>>83107688
I fucking love Predators
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.