[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was there an actual babby in space at the end?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1464327967906.jpg (8KB, 324x243px) Image search: [Google]
1464327967906.jpg
8KB, 324x243px
So was there an actual babby in space at the end?
>>
yes and it's the size of earth
>>
>>83105527
No, the people on earth didn't look up and see a giant baby floating in space.

the star child is a higher dimensional being
>>
>>83105747
lmao how dumb are you?
where did you even get that dumb idea from?
>>
>>83105527
Space babby was supposed to represent God
>>
>>83105747
Does the star child go poopies? Who cleans him up when he does?

So many questions...
>>
>>83105869
Every time he shits a liberal is born.
>>
I bet that you faggots would hate on 2001 if it came out today

>15 minutes of monkeys running around because DUDE EVOLUTION LMAO
>space shit with cheesy classical music
>some windows media player visualization for no reason
>giant floating space baby
>"I just want a realistic hard sci-fi movie, not this 2deep4u philosophical/emotional bullshit!"
>>
>>83106023
Pretty sure even before it got shit on for being too ambiguous
>>
>>83106023
Shit then. Shit now. Your point?
>>
>>83105747
How is he a higher dimensional being? What's so much better about his dimension when he's just a fucking big baby?
>>
>>83105527
yes
>spacemen = the sperm
>the monolith = the ovula
>jupiter = ovaries
>>
>>83105527

The end of the novel strongly suggests that, yes, there was a literal huge babby floating in space over the earth and that a panicking human race were about to try and nuke it, to no avail.

http://www.ebookvampire.com/science_fiction/2001_A_Space_Odyssey/48.html
>>
>>83106023
I hate it now too.
>>
>>83105747
sounds fucking retarded
>>
>>83106403
>muh sexual symbolism
Almost as corny and overdone as allusions to Jesus, might as well have Snyder direct it
>>
>>83105527
Yes, along the philharmonic orchestra we hear all along the movie but never see.
>>
>>83106023
even when it first came out people hated it for being "pretentious" and too hard to understand
>>
File: IMG_0038.gif (2MB, 350x285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.gif
2MB, 350x285px
>>83105527
Weeell ,,, This is my hypothetical theory that this image implies the every start of the reincarnation, anon. That is why the image is the baby that who knows what type of race.
>>
>>83106429
They weren't trying to nuke the baby, the baby just triggered orbiting nuclear weapon installations so that they couldn't be used and as a symbolic act encouraging disarmament.
>>
In the book, the astronaut was evolved to a higher form of existence and the baby was the form he took because like he's new to it and shit.
>>
>>83107557
Why would the baby do that? Does he want another world war?
>>
>>83105527
It's symbolism, it's completely subjective and can mean whatever the individual viewer wants it to mean.

So yes, in your case there's an actual babby in space.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.