[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: worldsend.jpg (370KB, 900x1332px) Image search: [Google]
worldsend.jpg
370KB, 900x1332px
What went wrong?
>>
Waited too long so people lost interest. Also it couldn't top Hot Fuzz.
>>
>>83103058
Nothing. It's the second best movie after the trilogy
>>
>>83103058
I personally love it, but it's got a From Dusk Til Dawn-type genre shift in the middle which makes it kinda confusing in terms of tone and message.

The foreshadowing in this is absolutely unparalleled though. Wright is a fucking master.
>>
It's demographic doesn't understand friendship.
>>
>>83103058
>inb4 big momma's house pasta
I hate that pasta because it implies Brits like Big Momma's House.
>>
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>83103220
What did I say

What did I JUST fucking say
>>
>>83103058
It hit too close to home with the bantz
>>
>>83103058
It lacked the comfy, genre bending, gut busting hilarity of the previous two films.

Plus the entire last act was a little too dark for its own good.
>>
>>83103334
this. i didn't like the ensemble cast either. also it felt very "empty" for some reason. like it lacked a lot of weight.
>>
>>83103058
>Simon Pegg and Nick Frost played each others characters for some reason
Couldn't stand pegg. Wasn't funny in the slightest. Also Martin whatever was underutilized. I will say I am glad the ending had somewhat of a unique payoff and didn't feel like a total waste.
>>
>>83103175
Hahaha imagine having such garbage taste. You probably think hot fuzz is the best one too right?
>>
>>83103220

i haven't seen this copypasta in a long time

/tv/ is the only board where this happens. you see long dead memes come alive after a certain time, unlike /sp/ which refuses to let their memes die and have like 8 year old memes still used every day
>>
File: 1494385347555.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494385347555.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
>>83103058
Nothing, probably hit too close to home to some people, causing to trigger high levels of distress in their brains, so they automatically hate it.
>>
>>83103487
Oh look, the contrarian is here!
>>
I felt this song was wasted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RVJyNpfDk
>>
>>83103058
it's humor where you smile and nod, not humor where you laugh

can't carry a movie with it
>>
>>83103189
Agreed. I really enjoyed the first half and thought it could have worked well as just the old friends reconnecting for a pub crawl. Once the robot thing started, despite some strong points, was pretty mediocre overall.
>>
>>83103058
Nothing. It was pretty good. Obviously the weakest of the trilogy, but that doesn't mean its bad.
>>
>>83104212
>implying Shaun isn't the funniest most heartfelt rewatchable and quotable of the three
>>
>>83104448
I think he was roughly implying exactly that
>>
>>83103058
It came after 2 fantastic movies and didn't quite measure up. Its still good, the whole trilogy is very watchable to this day.
>>
>>83104538
yarp
>>
>>83103058
Stupid robots
>>
All of the "Cornetto Trilogy" are shite. Spaced is the only good thing Pegg's done.
>>
The cast was a bit shit.

It's pretty good on rewatches though.
>>
>>83104388
I felt like I'd seen the "old friends reconnecting and getting down to serious introspection" movie a hundred times, so that bored me to tears. The genre jump was actually welcome, but they kept with the first movie after that.
>>
>>83104627
>Eddie Marsan
>Rosamund Pike
>Pierce Brosnan
>David Bradley
>Reece Shearsmith
>Michael Smiley
>a bit shit
>>
File: Hot Fuzz 1.gif (1MB, 350x150px) Image search: [Google]
Hot Fuzz 1.gif
1MB, 350x150px
>>83104680
Perhaps I phrased it wrong. I like the cast as individuals, but they didn't really work.

Felt like the casting in Hot Fuzz was miles above it.
>>
>>83104774
I really only felt that Martin Freeman felt out of touch with the rest
Even Rosamund Pike worked, and I don't really like her most of the time
>>
>>83103058
Nothing

its the best one in the trilogy
>>
Shaun > World's > Fuzz
>>
>>83103058
unlikeable cast of characters
>>
File: whore.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
whore.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>83103058
nothing, it is an amazing pleb filter
>>
>>83105662
>I'm a fucking moron: The Post
>>
didnt like it that much till the ending and I realized its an 8/10 and a great trilogy end
>>
>>83103058
If anything Shaun was the weakest one imo. Fuzz and World's End are just brilliant.
>>
THE
GREATER
GOOD
>>
File: man up.jpg (2MB, 3189x2566px) Image search: [Google]
man up.jpg
2MB, 3189x2566px
>>83104610
this one was quite fun
>>
>>83106016
with that I mean all the people who like it are plebs.
>>
>tfw you're Simon Pegg's character
>>
When I was a kid I didn't see Shaun of the dead because I thought it was some kind of stupid American pie/ scary movie type movie.
>>
File: nicholas-brendon-800.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nicholas-brendon-800.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>83106713
>When I was a kid I didn't see Shaun of the dead
>>
>>83106793

The movie, along with the rest of the trilogy, is absolute shit so he didn't miss anything at all.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.