[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Good shows that jumped the shark hard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: p13935600_b_v8_aa.jpg (183KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p13935600_b_v8_aa.jpg
183KB, 960x1440px
ITT: Good shows that jumped the shark hard
>>
Happy Days for sure, what were they thinking?
>>
>>83100250
By that logic every bad show was good but it jumped the shark at the very first episode.
>>
>>83101179
The first season was pretty good though, went off the rails at bit in S2 but now it's so far gone I don't even know what to think.
>>
>>83100250
explain what jumping the shark mean, always wondered
>>
>>83101307
>to reach a point when far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality.
>>
>>83101307
doing something big in an attempt to re energize the show that backfires
>>
>>83101361
>>83101412
ty, supernatural is my vote
>>
File: 51t8tK5DQML.jpg (44KB, 401x500px) Image search: [Google]
51t8tK5DQML.jpg
44KB, 401x500px
>>83100250
>>
File: fringe.jpg (54KB, 513x755px) Image search: [Google]
fringe.jpg
54KB, 513x755px
S04 still makes me mad. What the fuck were they thinking? The series finale made up for it somewhat, but still.
>>
>>83100250
Dexter with pretty much every new season.

>>83101727
Was S4 really worse than the others? I remember being overakk unsatified with how they dealt with plot twists and consequences in this show despite the thing being mostly enjoyable.
>>
>>83100250
Whatever season in Friends where they thought it was a good idea to make Joey and Rachel a couple. I think it's around the same time Chandler lost a ton of weight and wasn't as funny too.
>>
>>83102094
I vaguely remember Friends turning sour in season 3.
>>
File: tmichaelanderson.jpg (69KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
tmichaelanderson.jpg
69KB, 500x714px
>>
>>83100250
Agreed,
BUT making it a massive ep dump in 3 days made it up a good bunch.
>>
I like the newest season and im happy that it'll have a conclusion instead of being dumped ofr no good reason with no ending
>>
>>83102276
The first 3 or 5 seasons are horrible. It only picks up after they go to London and Chandler and Monica start fucking.
>>
Making Andy manager in The Office
>>
>>83102392
This so much
>It ends with the movie tie in:
>James get's cancer
>Jenny goes Trans
>>
File: 1466386884388.jpg (29KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
1466386884388.jpg
29KB, 624x352px
>>83102055
It's like they did a soft series reboot for S04 just because they already squeezed every last bit of drama from the Peter/Olivia relationship.
>>
>>83102338

I still don't know what Syfy was thinking. The episodes didn't show until 9 pm. Did they really expect people to stay up until 1am every day this weekend to watch it?
>inb4 hurfdurf pirate
I'm talking about from a financial ad-revenue stand point of syfy
>>
>>83102674
everyone with normal cable has on demand channels now, and they show the same commercials as the original broadcast.
>>
>>83100250
12 Monkeys jumped the shark the first episode of season 2. I still enjoy it but everything after s1 is pure ridiculous.
>>
>>83102674
I never understood ad-revenue.
All ads made you look worse.
>>
>>83102860
Without ads people wouldn't know about your product. Ads also serve as a fresh reminder stuck into your brain. It works on brainlets but the rest of us tune it out
>>
Orphan Black the end of season 3 I believe when there's suddenly a robot worm maggot thing inside agents of a super secret organization that was controlling everything the whole time.
>>
>>83102821
I forget, what happened in that episode?
>>
>>83103212

Jennifer Goines turns into a meme spouting redditor and destroys the virus because of the power of friendship and it introduces the 12 out of nowhere and their mission to create paradoxes because they want red trees instead of green
>>
>>83103259
Oh right, yeah I remember now. I thought the whole bullshit about wanting to destroy time and shit was weird, I was loving the whole time travel plot to stop a virus though.
>>
>>83101307
The /tv/ definition:

"This show jumped the shark so hard!"
>I don't like this show as much anymore.
>>
>>83101361
S10 of Trailer Park Boys jumped super fucking hard with the celebrity cameos en masse

Apparently though S11's toned it way down
>>
>>83104064
Season 2 started out rocky because of that plot point but it eventually recovers. I didn't like how the first few episodes were 'monster of the week' bullshit.

They wanted to destroy time because they believe that without time nothing would age or die and everything would exist all at once so they could have their loved ones back
>>
>>83101307
shit the bed
>>
>>83104165
I got that, I just thought it came from out of fucking nowhere in the show and they seemed to more or less drop the plague story in lieu of this.
Still really enjoy the show though, S3 was pretty fucking good aside from the humour they added in.
>>
The heist episode was fun.
>>
>>83104235
Well there's no point in going after the plague after they learned the army of the 12 monkeys were time travelers who were just going to keep fucking with time and undoing everything they did. They had to take priorities. They were the disease, the plague was just a symptom.

I really wish they would tone Jennifer the fuck down though. She's okay when not spouting memes
>>
File: sal.png (1MB, 1305x948px) Image search: [Google]
sal.png
1MB, 1305x948px
>>83104282
It had Sal from Impractical Jokers in it, then I realized they were all in an episode playing themselves
>>
>>83104372
I got that, I dunno though, I thought the transition between the two stories was pretty jarring, I'd have been okay with it if they'd have introduced small hints through S1.
I don't mind Jennifer too much, except when there's shit like the Red Balloon scene and the heist explanation Olivia's actress doing a Jennifer impression was neat though
>>
>>83104471
With how different s1 and s2 feel it feels as though they didn't think they were going to get anymore than one season. They also wrapped up everything in s1 definitively in s2e1.

Also take note how a big part of s1 was Cole being restricted to how many jumps he was allowed to have and Katarina said she physically couldn't do anymore jumps. Cole only fixed this by pseudo-paradoxing himself but after s1 every character seems to just time jump any amount of time they want without repercussion.
>>
>>83104702
>They also wrapped up everything in s1 definitively in s2e1.
I still want to know where the fuck that corpse that had the virus is from, at least they're addressing that in S4 finally.
Don't forget that Cole and Cassie give birth to the Witness, but when Cassie gets killed in S1 and Cole goes back to the future, it's still fucked and the Virus still happened without the Witness being born.
>>
>>83101307
In happy days Fonzi jumped a shark on water skees, stating that fonzi was too cool.

this signalled to audiences everywhere that this show they were in love with, was slowly dying
>>
>>83104795
It just goes to show that they originally only were planning on doing one season, but got picked up which is why the end of the first season feels really rushed and lackluster. That's why there's so many inconsistencies between the first season and 2&3

I still think the corpse is going to be Cole.
>>
>>83104915
Apparently they originally wanted to do a different show (more like what S2 and 3 are now) but execs told them to make it based off of the 12 Monkeys movie, so I guess that's why.
>I still think the corpse is going to be Cole.
Yeah, that's my guess too, what a way for the show to end if true.
>>
When Mr. Robot breaks a drug dealer out of prison. It made it a little more than half a season before it hacked the shark.
>>
>>83104977
It's going to end one of two ways:

1) They're going to manage to actually fix everything, which will make the show null and despite that all the characters are going to somehow reconnect due to plot and say something like "hey do I know you?" then cut to credits

2) They're going to realize they can't change the future, or they're unwilling to make the change, try to move on with their lives after defeating the 12 monkies, and cole and cassie are going to dopleganger themselves and send them back in time to do what they did to be consistent with the timeline
>>
>>83105129
Even if they do fix everything, Cole physically can't be born because the last episode showed that he's Jennifer's son which can only exist with all this time travel, so I'm going to guess option 2 unless they want to have a shit ton of plot holes just to make a hackneyed happy ending
>>
>>83104795
>Don't forget that Cole and Cassie give birth to the Witness, but when Cassie gets killed in S1 and Cole goes back to the future, it's still fucked and the Virus still happened without the Witness being born.
I may be giving them too much credit but I think that because the Witness was born out of a timeline that was erased anyway, killing Cassandra still wouldn't actually have stopped him existing. Olivia getting Ramse to try and kill her was all just a ploy on her part to see if Cole would kill him, as part of her larger scheme. It wouldn't actually have worked.
>>
>>83105129
I have a feeling they're going to just finish the loop off, everything basically ending, and resetting to the very start of the show, or something like that. Everything the show has shown us is that it's inevitable no matter what they change, so I'd rather they were consistent with that theme.
I fucking hated the ending to Continuum when they fixed the timeline and made everything magically happy and better, do not want that for this show.
>>
File: fb2103c088521f3a47ebf88670341e49.jpg (489KB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
fb2103c088521f3a47ebf88670341e49.jpg
489KB, 2500x1667px
>feel like rewatching BSG
>remember S3 and S4
>>
>>83105287
What's wrong with 3?
>>
>>83105255
Continuum followed a completely different set of rules for time travel though, the past could be changed. 12 Monkeys appears to be set in stone but that's primarily because they can time travel so they just keep undoing everything the protagonists do, but I still think it's fluid. We won't really know until they're gone and stop fucking up everything
>>
>>83100250
Honestly feeling like every show is jumping its kind of bumming me out. Samurai Jack, Better Call Saul borderline because its going back to being slow and boring which is fucked up because it was supposed to be a fun Saul Goodman romp, Legion which just made you realize it was always just a shallow lightshow, Westworld same, Saturday Night Live when they never gave Steve Bannon an actual actor and the Trump lmao made it a chore to watch, plus the Mellissa McCarthy getting your hopes up then being one of the worst episodes ever, its been kind of a gnarly year for TV hopefully Fargo ends well but that has been a little weird too.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.