[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/who/ - Doctor Who General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 26

File: 4y.png (116KB, 222x217px) Image search: [Google]
4y.png
116KB, 222x217px
Man up and make the fucking thread edition
>>
Was just looking for the thread, thank you desu

Is this seriously the last thread?
>>83038929

Last post was 20 hours ago
what the fuck happened?
>>
RIP Tom
>>
>>83096192
No it was >>83059780
>>
>>83096275
oh that makes much more sense
When I searched the archive, the other thread showed up at the top though
>>
>the first thing moffat does is create cracks in time that make everyone forget the rtd era
>>
>tfw no Roger Moore Doctor
>>
>>83096415
>yfw chibbers retcons the moff era in the same way
>>
GOD TIER
Extremis
Oxygen

Great Tier
The Pilot
Thin Ice

Good Tier
Smile
Knock Knock
>>
File: 6[1].jpg (1023KB, 4281x2854px) Image search: [Google]
6[1].jpg
1023KB, 4281x2854px
GOAT OUTFIT
>>
>>83097205
Is that a little person in a hazmat suit behind him?
>>
>>83097235
haha what the fuck it is
>>
>>83097100
Decent tier
Oxygen

Mostly Passable tier
Extremis
Thin Ice
Knock Knock

Unapologetic shit tier
The Pilot
Smile
>>
>>83097380
>oxygen above extremis
stopped reading there
>>
>>83097380
>Smile as unapologetic shit ranked lower than Thin Ice
stopped reading there
>>
when will people admit the tennant era was the worst era of doctor who?
>>
Great:
Extremis
Oxygen

Good:
Smile

Okay:
Knock Knock

Bad:
The Pilot

Shit:
Thin Ice
>>
>>83097403
>legitimately enjoying a 5-minute long "this is the setting" segment stretched over 45
>legitimately enjoying nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
>legitimately enjoying the random "hurr i can send emails to my real self" twist because space magic
>legitimately enjoying random one-off alien species who somehow have authority over the doctor and missy

but yeah sure, extremis is way better than oxygen
>>
>>83097550
>implying Oxygen was anything other than setup to "the doctor is blind"
>>
>>83097550
>nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
Do you honestly believe nardole going "up up up up" and going stern when he was getting ignored is breaking character?
>>
>>83097550
>legitimately enjoying nardole breaking his character type to overstep his bounds against bill
Did you not watch Series 10? It wasn't ooc at all.

>legitimately enjoying the random "hurr i can send emails to my real self" twist because space magic

>emails
>space magic
>>
>>83097550
>legitimately enjoying a 5-minute long "this is the setting" segment stretched over 45

And yet other complained too much was crammed into the episode, and it should've been over 2 episodes

He's not overstepping his bounds, he has a job to do (even tho we're not quite sure what that "job" is yet

The VR was too 'realistic', explained in the episode

>legitimately enjoying random one-off alien species who somehow have authority over the doctor and missy

I think you must have missed the bit when they all ran away terrified
>>
>>83097548
>smile that high
stopped reading there
>>
>>83097636
At least Oxygen was an actual story with an actual plot, despite the poorly shoe-horned ending line. Extremis was a poor excuse for build-up to the next episode.

>>83097704
It was OOC, since Nardole is notoriously cowardly in all ways except for his job to discipline the Doctor.

Also, yes, being able to send emails to effectively another universe with his sonic sunglasses is space magic. Let's not pretend anyone writes the sonic devices with any degree of internal consistency. Remember "doesn't do deadlocks or wood"?
>>
>>83097550
>space magic
This is Doctor Who, >50% of the plot relies on space magic.
>>
>>83097780
>And yet other complained too much was crammed into the episode, and it should've been over 2 episodes

Because there was so much unnecessary padding that it felt disjointed and rushed.

>The VR was too 'realistic', explained in the episode

Bullshit. You can't send emails to another universe.

>I think you must have missed the bit when they all ran away terrified

Because the fact they ran away totally explains who the hell they were or why they were there or how they got the Doctor to be there at all

>>83097830
This does not stop me from being indignant about it not making sense on internet forums

>>83097834
>implying that I said Oxygen was perfect
>>
>>83097788
>Having the Doctor find a solution and hold back on revealing it (even though it's blindingly obvious what he's doing from the outset) just so he can do a rerun of the end of Mummy on the Orient Express

Oxygen a shit
>>
>>83097933
>Bullshit. You can't send emails to another universe.

How do you know?
>>
Is it just me or Cappaldi ended up lacking something? Quality is consistent and all but the episodes just feel mechanic and unmemorable mostly.

Kind of like the last 6 episodes of the Ponds.
Not really many memorable characters or moments on his run, no objective...

Only good thing about it seems to be Missy and even her is not as good as the previous Master.

Is it just me or have anyone else noticed this?
>>
>>83097550
>>83097788
>>83097933
Is this you?
https://youtu.be/2zN6THeKNvw
>>
>>83098226
You got me

>>83098182
That's an asinine argument, once you start asking "how do you know that this random plot device is impossible?" it completely devalues what it means to have internal consistency to begin with.
>>
>>83098226
>being this emotionally invested in a cartoon
literally made me lol out loud
>>
>>83098272
You can send emails across the ends of the earth. Why couldn't you send one even further? Doesn't seem very unrealistic to me.
>>
>>83098357
>why can't you send an email to another dimension
>>
>>83098369
>time lord technology
>>
>>83098272
The doctor breaking the simulation sandbox can only be some highly technical alien computer fuckery.
It's better they skipped the technobabble on that .
>>
>>83098369
The Truth Monks could get into their own simulation. So there's a way for stuff to get out too
>>
>>83098404
>space magic

gotcha

Time Lord technology isn't this get out of jail free card that you seem to think it is. As with all plot devices, Time Lord technology is advanced, but it has to be explained first. Otherwise you get a situation like this, which is effectively a deus ex machina.
>>
>>83098369
>computer simulations are another dimension
>>
>>83098470
Yeah, computer programs can and do break sandboxes and other security restrictions placed on them.
>>
>>83098182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82iKEIcHVgk
>How do you know? do you know? do you? know?
>>
I'm being honest there.

Good tier

The Pilot

Okay tier
Extremis
Oxygen
Knock Knock

Meh Tier

Thin Ice
Smile
>>
>>83097933
>Because there was so much unnecessary padding

I agree with this. The whole pope thing was unnecessary and it was pretty much only used to make that gay joke about "not bringing the pope to her room".

CERN was not only wasted but shows the simulation was shit. On which world would scientists consider any "truth" from the church to have any scientific value and would settle with just the shadow test to blow themselves up?

I mean it was fun but it makes no sense... none of it.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (20KB, 419x262px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
20KB, 419x262px
You're in the bar and this guy comes along and kicks your girlfriend's arse.
What do you do?
>>
>>83098200
I agree, matey. I see that these episodes are ok, like safe bets for a Doctor Who episodes, but they are so unenergetic and so unmemorable it hurts.
>>
>>83098844
Definitely agree. A bizarre story and it feels childishly written at best.

Steven Moffat loves to shoehorn awkward situations for the sake of some truly biting comedy, doesn't he?
>>
>>83098200
I believe that this is because Steven Moffat didn't realize how to write the Doctor due to his role as Malcolm Tucker in his other show.

Season 8 was primarily "haha look at the grumpy old man", and it took a while before Peter's acting even had a chance to inform Moffat's writing.
>>
>>83098891
For me it's dissapointing that in Moff's era side characters exist only for the gags and throaway jokes. Like, blue guy from Oxygen is there literally just to deliver racism joke. Joke is good, but character itself is nothing.

We've had characters that are obviously made as comic reliefs before, but they had their own goals and life too. Like Craig. Like Charles Dickens. Like Cat people from Gridlock.
>>
>>83098200
>even her is not as good as the previous Master.
simmchads OUT
>>
>>83097539
they're too blinded by nostalgia
>>
>>83099048
you're too blinded by contrarianism
>>
>>83098226
i assume some of the people in the comments telling him to die are /who/res? pretty shameful desu, while his video is hilarious it's not okay to harass him like that
>>
>>83098200
I think the quality is great but the tone is very inconsistent. His 3 seasons feel like 3 seasons of completely different shows each.
>>
>>83098200
I'm enjoying this series, but there's not been any big 'wow' moments for me yet.

Looking back at series 9, I remember the internet going wild after Capaldi's guitar entrance in TMA (yeah some hated it but many loved it). Same after the Zygon 2 parter. Then, after Heaven Sent all the rave reviews etc. Nothing has quite hit these heights in series 11 imho, well not yet anyway.
>>
>>83098942
>Season 8 was primarily "haha look at the grumpy old man",
But the Doctor was always a grumpy old man
>>
>>83098866
bs. capaldi has some of the most creative nuwho episodes.
>>
>>83099214
It's totally subjective, but I'm talking not really about the concepts or ideas, but rather about moments and scenes. So far series 10 is really bland.
>>
>>83099202
And so is Garfield. A simple description of their core character traits does not make any allusion to the quality of writing.

Also, I wouldn't consider Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Paul McGann, David Tennant or Matt Smith to be "grumpy old men".
>>
>>83097548
Agreed

But smile is too high
>>
>>83099321
>implying tom baker wasn't a grumpy old man
>>
>>83099321
>Matt Smith to be "grumpy old men".
He wasn't grumpy but he pulled off the whole old man thing pretty well for someone his age
>>
>>83099400
>>83099403
>totally missing the point of my reply
>>
Just watched Extremis

>it's "doctor is so well known and so fearsome that enemies shit themselves and run away when he says one word episode AGAIN"
How do people defend this? It was cool in Eleventh Hour, it was fantastic in Pandorica, and it is fantastic twice, because we later learn that it didn't really work this time.

But Moffat keeps writing this exact scene over and over.
>>
>>83099422
It honestly wouldn't even be so egregious if he at least added some flavour to it or reserved it for significant events. This was barely even an event. It was a random side-species which was largely ineffectual because we have no fucking clue who these random people are or any indication as to how "powerful" they might be.
>>
File: fourth-doctor.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fourth-doctor.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>83096144
I'm not really a Doctor Who fan, but from what I've seen of the old and new stuff, I think my favorite is the Jelly Baby Man.
>>
>>83099510
That's because you have good taste.
>>
File: gatiss eek.gif (393KB, 214x282px) Image search: [Google]
gatiss eek.gif
393KB, 214x282px
>>83099422
But I kinda like this sort of scene, however often it's repeated. Always do an 'air' punch' afterwards.

Maybe I'm a pleb? Yikes!
>>
>>83099566
This scene really is cheapened every time it's repeated. And it wasn't even epic or something, these guys running away was just silly/
>>
>>83099510
That's OK, he's everyone's favourite.
>>
File: No_Fun_Allowed (1).png (248KB, 434x463px) Image search: [Google]
No_Fun_Allowed (1).png
248KB, 434x463px
>>83099607
Yeah maybe, but it was fun.
>>
>>83099681
I'm usually the one rooting for fun when everyone else declares "b-but the costume looks unrealistic" Maybe I'm growing old.
>>
So do we know why the Master/Missy left gallifrey?
>>
>>83100032
Planet's fucked
>>
>>83100032
Two stories.

According to one of the books, it was because it was too peaceful/boring.

According to another book, it was because the Master assassinated an important guy and had to run away.
>>
>>83099724
If it's any consolation, I'm probably the oldest /who/re.

Doctor Who, in my opinion, should always be fun and entertaining, even if it seems a bit silly sometimes. I never take it too seriously, just enjoy it when it's on TV.

That said, some of my favourite stories have been the 'darker' ones.
>>
>>83100169
Do you like Dalek vs Cybermen banter scene?
>>
>>83099422
Its a way of avoiding the issue that no one seems to even attempt to kill an unarmed dude that talks too much.
>>
http://fusion.net/interactive/361728/north-dakota-pyramid-on-the-prairie/

Source for ep 7's title?
>>
>>83100797
Not particularly. But not a big fan of series 2 anyway. DESU I've only watched series 2 twice.
>>
>>83100888
Monster of the day that actually wants to kill the doctor instead of standing awkwardly while he rambles W H E N
>>
>>83099422
>it's an "anon can't close his quotation marks properly" episode

>>83099566
>Always do an 'air' punch'
AND YOU TOO!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDDwDmvTuK0

Pray for my queen's brain
>>
>>83101775
Why do you watch this shite?
>>
File: Kris-Marshall3.jpg (42KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
Kris-Marshall3.jpg
42KB, 615x409px
Holy fuck I was sure Kris Marshall would be 13th Doctor.

When did Tom Rosenthal become a bookie's favorite for 13? He's 4th behind Kris, Phoebe Waller and David Harewood now.
>>
>>83101775
>reaction video
>it's just her mouthbreathing for 27 minutes with the occaisional funny face
>>
>>83097235
>Peter Dinklage guest stars as a scientist in Doctor Who

DESU I wouldn't complain if he's 13th Doctor.
>>
Went to the Doctor Who experience on the weekend, bit disappointed it was all Capaldi desu.
>>
>>83102564
It's cos the bookies are on /who/
>>
IT'S KRIS MARSHALL
>>
>>83104037
Source?
>>
GOOGLE KRIS MARSHALL, IT'S HIM!!!
>>
>>83099472
I think it's better when it's not used for significant events. That just feels more cheap, like in Forest of the Dead where it's obvious Moffat has wrote himself into a corner that he couldn't get out of without just having the Vashta Nerada give up.
>>
>>83104134
MY ANUS
>>
Extremis could be cool but my autism didnt allow me to enjoy that
That number generation shadow test is nonsense
>>
>>83096144
>Minority female "comedian" companion
>LGBT and SAW pandering
>Still written by Moffat

When the new season started, I had consigned it to trash. How the fuck has it managed to be the best season of nu who we've had so far?
>>
>>83104495
>comedian
What?
>>
>>83104495
What's an SAW?
>>
>>83104582
salty ass /who/re
>>
>>83098855
>Psst, buddy, you know you're not real, right?
>OH MY GOD BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.............
>>
>>83102672
She hated it.
>>
>>83104747
Probably because she's pretty stupid.
>>
>>83104813
Oh no, it's this meme again.
>if you don't like Moffat's script that means you are stupid
>>
>>83097100
I'd go with that.
>>
>>83104344
For now I'm willing to give it benefit of the doubt, because it seems monks are about mind and memory manipulation. Maybe it was meant to be.
>>
>>83096144

>>
Anyone else think that "Super Mario feels like hes real" speech is terrible even for the /who/ standarts?
>>
>>83105056
The line about the people in shooter games 'feeling it' is really bad and should have been cut.
The analogy about Mario deleting himself because he's sick of dying is lovely and should be left in (because it doesn't go as far as saying he would).
>>
>>83098984
RTD did better side characters. Moffat is a better sci-fi writer but RTD is better at real-life.

Both have their charms, I wish the big gay Welshman would come back and write an episode.
>>
>Great Tier
Extremis
Oxygen

>Good Tier
The Pilot

>Okay Tier
Knock Knock
Smile
Thin Ice
>>
>>83105089
this
>>
>>83105232
>Great Tier
The Pilot

>Good tier
Extremis
Oxygen

>Okay Tier
Knock Knock
Smile
Thin Ice
>>
>>83105232
>thin ice that low
stopped reading there

>>83105325
>the pilot that high
stopped reading there
>>
>>83105194
Seems like I enjoy real life who much more. Moffat tries really hard to surprise viewer with another extra-clever or amazing concept, but without real reactions and life connections it all feels quite meaningless to me.
>>
The Pilot>Deep Breath
Smile>Into The Dalek
Thin Ice>Robot Of Sherwood
Listen>Knock Knock
Oxygen>Time Heist
Extremis>The Caretaker

The Pilot>The Magicians Apprentice
The Witch's Familiar>Smile
Thin Ice>Under The Lake
Knock Knock>Before The Flood
Oxygen>The Girl Who Died
Extremis>The Woman Who Lived

Confirmed Capaldi's best series.
>>
>>83098844
>On which world would scientists consider any "truth" from the church to have any scientific value
They can test it themselves.

>would settle with just the shadow test to blow themselves up?
The shadow test would be really fucking unnerving if it actually worked. Imagine the Berenstain Bears feeling times a million. I don't know if confirming you're in a simulation would be enough to convince everyone to blow themselves up, but that test would definitely be enough to convince people they're in a simulation.
>>
File: moffat watches children crying.gif (852KB, 500x217px) Image search: [Google]
moffat watches children crying.gif
852KB, 500x217px
>>83105474
Yeah, he's too far up his own arse sometimes and instead of writing something solid he feels the need to be too clever, although Hell Bent and Blink are examples of him being clever but also accessible. I also can't be bothered with his companions, I like Bill because she is normal when compared to the "oh so fucking special" Amy and Clara.

When Moffat gets it right he can write brilliant telly, I still personally think that The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances are the best episodes of the revived series. I think people are split on The Day of the Doctor but I thought it was as good as 50th anniversary as we were ever going to get, went from an 8/10 to a 9.5 when Tom Baker appeared as well.
>>
Average audience per season:
Season 4/2008: 8.05m
Season 5/2010: 7.70m
Season 6/2011: 7.52m
Season 7/2012/13: 7.44m
Season 8: 2014: 7.26m
Season 9: 2015: 6.04m
Season 10: 2017 (first 5 episodes): 5.85m
>>
What would happen if I sneaked into the House of Lungbarrow, opened the top of the loom, and jerked off into it? Purely theoretical question of course.
>>
>/who/ said series 10 was going to be mad
>it's the best of nuwho

/who/ BTFO again
>>
>>83105739
There was some apprehension after Bill and Nardole were announced, but as we learned more about the season /who/ got hype. /who/ not BTFO.
>>
>>83105816
I remember people complaining about Bill and Nardole saying it was gonna be the worst of NuWho.
>>
>>83105579
>Smile>Into The Dalek
Only one I'm not sure about. I'd rather rewatch ITD desu
>>
>>83105739
"best" remains to be seen. i wouldn't put it above S9 or S8 yet, though i'm expecting it surpass S8 quality-wise
>>
>>83106063
Well, I do. And I think he was fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. Not only in writing, but also in showrunning.
>>
>>83106063
do people actually hate RTD or are they just memeing? almost all of the episodes he wrote were great
>>
le BASED moffat XD haha lol :D if you dont like u STOOPID!!!!! haha BASED MOFFAT BTFO PLEBS YOU LITTLE SHITTERS HAHAHA AHHHHHHHHHHH SUCK MY DICK SUCK MY COCK MOFFAT LICK MY ASSHOLE MOFFAT SHOVE IT IN MOFFAT
>>
File: 10tardis.gif (3MB, 268x220px) Image search: [Google]
10tardis.gif
3MB, 268x220px
>>83106063
>do people actually like RTD
He brought the show back and if he was so shit then the ratings would have tanked and Moffat wouldn't have gotten the job in the first place
>>
>>83106147
>>83106152
>>83106179
okay. was just curious. have a good day fellas :)
>>
Reminder that Smith and Jones and Partner in Crime are still the best openers.
>>
>>83097548
I didn't like some elements of Thin Ice such as the doctor knocking a guy out for expressing opinions true to his time but terrible to the shows modern fan base but I did enjoy Bills questioning the doctor, it seems the sort of opinion a companion would express after more episodes but it made her seem more thoughtful and intelligent then any of the shows modern companions and definitely cemented my opinion of her as an interesting companion and one of my favourite characters currently along with Narole.
>>
>>83106215
Hope that didn't come off as too aggressive, I was legitimately answering you anon
>>
>>83106219
Haha
>>
I cant wait for Chibnall Who.
I really feel like show needs character-based storytelling again.
>>
why did no one complain when rory punched hitler but people got mad when 12 punched a racist? the fuck? is it because of the /pol/ invasion?
>>
>>83106393
Hitler was trying to shoot up the room. I think we did get the odd person complaining about 11's little speech to Hitler though
>>
>>83106393
Because it was light-hearted thing and wasnt related to the plot
But I dont like Lets Kill Hitler too
>>
>>83106386
>what is series 9

Ohhhhh, wait, you mean SOAP OPERA storytelling, like what RTD did. You should be more specific about these things
>>
>>83106470
Like Torchwood series 2.
>>
>>83105640
Agreed. Lawrence Miles Blog says the same and i agree, some of his stories are desperately trying too hard, he wants to be liked so he panders to the shippers as well.
>>
THEY SHOWED A CLIP FROM EPISODE 11 ACCIDENTALLY ON IPLAYER

NARDOLE DIES HOLY FUCK
>>
oh fuck its real
go back like 10 minutes on live stream
rip nardole
>>
>>83106685
proofs? link? oh, go away!
>>
>>83106685
>le fake spoiler meme
>>
I feel like I'm losing it. I can't enjoy Doctor Who properly. I can only feel that episode is ok, but I cant get those chills, that reaction anymore. It's not happening for me.

The only exceptions were Heaven Sent and DotD (because theater atmosphere), other than it I haven't experienced this feel of loving Doctor Who since s6b.
>>
>>83106959
I feel the same, anon.
Why live?
>>
>>83106959
Maybe you need to reassess for yourself what's good and valuable about Doctor Who in the first place.
>>
>>83106959
I don't like how late they've been putting it on, some times it doesn't finish until twenty past or half past eight, too late for for the younger fans
>>
>River described the confrontation as the Doctor's darkest hour, saying that he would rise higher than ever before and then fall so much further
Reminder that this was about the show itself
>>
>>83107031
Maybe I just loved Russel T's way of building the show and not the show itself
Feels depressing anyway
>>
>>83105641
RIP Doctor Who. No more regeneration.
>>
>>83107285
that's still better than channel 4, I read that sometimes they have difficulty reaching a million viewers per show some days
>>
>>83107357
Still
Utopia > > > New Who
>>
>>83105638
The only thing unrealistic (besides the specifics of the test being silly, but that's basically just technobabble, which is always silly) is the idea that CERN would be the first people to kill themselves. In reality, they'd be nearly the last people to kill themselves.

There's a group of people who work on the same piece of open source software as me, and 80% of them are high-energy physicists or related types, including people at CERN. If something like that happened in real life, they'd all be excited af.

If you can find ways to exploit the RNG, you can probably learn the physics model of our universe more directly. And most likely, you'll be able to find ways to exploit the model itself and do the same kinds of cheats you do in video games.

Who wouldn't want that? Every computational physicist would be working 20 hours/day trying to hack the universe.

Eventually it might get boring and ruin life, the same way cheat codes can eventually make a game boring. But nobody would get to that point until they'd had fun doing all the crazy shit they could think of.
>>
>>83107357
UK TV is dying. BBC One and ITV1 are the only channels that can get over 2 million.
>>
>>83107505
but was Utopia filmed as part of new Who or do you mean that the viewers are down, I'm assuming the latter and I guess that's the way television is nowadays, they are all watching on catch up or onlineor there aren't as manypeople intrested in watching anymore
>>
>>83107555
That just means literal TV, as in people sitting around the room watching a screen carrying live broadcasting, is dying.

People are watching more video as ever. And, while some of it is short-form amateur "look how silly my cat is" crap, there's probably still more people watching shows made as TV shows than ever before.

There's certainly more prestige for working on TV—that's why they can get movie stars and stage stars to be on even smallish TV shows, and big-time directors creating TV shows, which never happened in the 90s.

We're in the golden age of TV as far as creativity and popularity. The only problem is that nobody knows how to track it properly, much less how to monetise it using that information. It's sad that May and Trump are destroying public broadcasting, which could have helped us get over that gap, but as long as there are investors stupid enough to treat TV production like the software industry—which, for some reason, there are—we'll make it.
>>
File: tumblr_opt0btoNgN1u9hzbho3_400.gif (978KB, 367x156px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opt0btoNgN1u9hzbho3_400.gif
978KB, 367x156px
>>
File: tumblr_opt0btoNgN1u9hzbho2_400.gif (910KB, 367x156px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opt0btoNgN1u9hzbho2_400.gif
910KB, 367x156px
>>
>we are under moffats reign for 7 years now
its horrifying
>>
>>83107692
Maybe anon means Utopia, the Dennis Kelly conspiracy-thriller show from 2013 about a graphic novel that predicts the future? That was a pretty good show, and a couple of the directors on it were the kind of amazing newcomers you wish Doctor Who would find more often.
>>
File: 1408930325000.jpg (242KB, 848x716px) Image search: [Google]
1408930325000.jpg
242KB, 848x716px
>people not only like the current series but are hype for it

I think I've outgrown this place.
>>
>>83108067
There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes.

And if you no longer agree with 4 on that, you probably can't enjoy Doctor Who anymore. Sad, but sometimes it happens. And there's plenty of other good shows out there for you.
>>
>>83107926
>british cinema
>>
>>83108152
Don't get me wrong I've liked a few of the episodes but overall this series is 12th's weakest. The episodes just kind of happen and that's it. I've yet to feel the urge to re-watch a single episode yet and I don't like that. Honestly if it wasn't for based Capaldi I would have dropped it by now.
>>
>>83108306
>overall this series is 12th's weakest. The episodes just kind of happen and that's it.
As opposed to classics like Time Heist, Robot of Sherwood, and The Woman Who Lived?
>>
>>83108042
Right? Should've fucked off when Matt left. No one should monopolize the show for that long. Fucker's like a bad Tom Baker.
>>
>>83108547
I like Robot of Sherwood because it feels fresh and characters are really good, even Clara
>>
>>83108547
3 episodes, compared to every single one so far of the current series being average or way below. You can't honestly sit there and say the episodes have been 10/10 will buy the blu-ray for.
>>
>>83108639
>3 episodes
I was being very generous, I could easily slap Under The Lake/Before The Flood, The Caretaker, and if I'm feeling really uncharitable also Deep Breath and The Girl Who Died. I actually like most of those episodes but the idea that they all felt consequential where S10's equivalents didn't is laughable.
>every single one so far of the current series being average or way below
The Pilot is in the upper half of series openers. Smile through Knock Knock was average to decent. Oxygen and Extremis will go down in many lists of top 10 Capaldi episodes.
>>
>>83108838
>The Pilot is in the upper half of series openers
No

>Smile through Knock Knock was average to decent
They're alright, nothing great wouldn't watch again

>Oxygen and Extremis will go down in many lists of top 10 Capaldi episodes
Alright I'll give you Oxygen but not Extremis as that episode was a fucking mess.
>>
>>83097380
Smile was decent, although the concept was hardly original.
>>
4 days until comfy pyramid
>>
Streaming Trial of A Timelord (Vervoids & Foe) in about 15 minutes or so on casualwhostream if anyone wants to watch
>>
>>83109266
>implying it will be comfy and not another doom-laden episode
Reminder that Moffat edited Harness' script beside his mother's deathbed.
>>
>>83108591
I hope Matt Smith is happy, wherever he is
>>
>>83109286
I didn't know this. Looks like an interesting story either way. Toby's part of the trilogy will probably be best though.
>>
I've been reading various things Shearman posted to people's blogs over the last 6 years or so.

One of the reasons he hasn't written for Doctor Who again is that he has no idea how to write for TV, and doesn't think anyone else will have the kind of fanatic devotion to rewrites that RTD had to make one of his scripts workable.

But what if you partnered him with someone who has the skill and experience, even if they don't have as much raw talent as Shearman, who could mentor him on televisual stuff as well as helping him reorganise his ideas to work for a 45-minute TV episode?

Would, say, a Shearman & Gatiss script be a good idea?

(This isn't a question about what's "realistic". There are other reasons he doesn't think he'd be right for the TV show, and I can't imagine Chibnall wanting to take a risk like that anyway. Just a question about whether it would work if it did happen.)
>>
Reminder that 8 days till brand new DWM with previews up to and including episode 11
>>
>>83109614
That's probably irrelevant, but do you think RTD worked harder than Moffat? Because RTD practically rewritten every single episode of s1-4.
>>
>>83109674
Hyperini
>>
>>83109266
>inb4 postponed due to recent events
>>
>>83109689
I'm not sure who worked harder. But RTD was definitely overworked his entire time except maybe the specials year, and Moffat was definitely overworked for at least S5-7.

From the stories, it sounds like they spent time on different things. Moffat spent a lot of evenings worrying about production stuff he should have gotten done during the day but he was too busy writing, while RTD spent his evenings rewriting scripts he'd already rewritten because he wasn't happy with his rewrites. I'm not sure which is more work.

Also, it sounds like RTD never really let go of anything unless he could be tricked into it. If Ford and Chibnall hadn't figured out how to (and been willing to) do all his work for SJA and TW without letting him realise they were doing his work without credit, he probably would have been doing everything for all three shows at once.
>>
>>83109689
Moffat claims to have done many re-writes on Doctor Who scrips, which is why he started to actually take credit on more scrips in series 9. I think he implied that he should have been given such credits on earlier series' as well, due to the depth of the re-writes he had to do.

I don't want to speculate on who did more work, but my impression is that Moffat did a LOT - if RTD had to do more, then God help him
>>
>Colourist: Jonathan Wood
>>
File: 1469575318154.jpg (14KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469575318154.jpg
14KB, 320x320px
>only 6 more capaldi episodes left after saturday
>>
>>83110061
he better get some GOAT moments before he leaves
>>
Vervoids is about to begin in casualwhostream
>>
>>83110061
Capaldi will probably start doing ear stories at first opportunity
>>
>>83109934
>my impression is that Moffat did a LOT - if RTD had to do more, then God help him
I really think having a separate head writer and producer would help the show.

There was never anyone who could authoritatively say, "Russell, the script we did at the readthrough was more than good enough, it doesn't need a third rewrite, at least not when you still haven't even done the first draft for episode 11 and we need to start doing breakdowns on it." It all happened inside his own head.

Also, the fact that he had the inclination and the energy to put in 18-hour days when necessary is actually a problem in the long run. Nobody else would think "It'll be fine if I force RTD to stay up all weekend", but RTD himself did think that. And that means he started planning for the fact that he can always do that if necessary, and that meant it ended up necessary far too much of the time.

Also, there's just a much larger pool of talent. Finding someone who's a fantastic writer, editor, and story planner, and also a fantastic production planner and manager and marketing genius, there's only a handful of people who can do both, but a lot more people who can do one half but not the other.
>>
I've seen the finale.

HOLY SHIT it is gruesome. Poor Bill...
>>
>>83110334
>Implying they would kill of a companion and keep them dead
>>
>>83110398
She doesn't die...

But she'd probably be happier that way.
>>
>>83110155
Agreed. It's pretty hard to cram TV or movie acting into whatever holes you find in your schedule, but cramming Big Finish in is easy.

Meanwhile, I wonder if he's still considering semi-retiring from acting to do more directing, as he was talking about before Doctor Who? I love the idea of a bunch of weird little movies like Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life and Cricklewood Greats.
>>
>>83108306
Same. The episodes since Mysterio have all been unmemorable. Capaldi's the only thing keeping me watching.
>>
>>83110283
You mean revert back to the Producer/Script Editor role of the classic series? Maybe. It depends if compromise is a good thing - if RTD -hadn't- re-written a script three times, would it have been better, worse, or complete and utter unfilmable drivel? It's hard to know.

Too many cooks may spoil the broth, but of course being overworked isn't great for creativity either.
>>
>>83110690
Basically, but I'd use the title "head writer", and give them more authority than a script editor had, more like the European model than the old BBC model. In particular, the head writer would have full authority on who they commissioned to write the scripts, and they'd have a lot more input into casting the leads.

Anyway, keep in mind that if RTD hadn't been doing a 60-hour-a-week job producing the show and managing its PR on top of writing, he presumably could have easily written that third draft for each script without having to work straight through the weekend while behind schedule on two other scripts.

And, while it's not impossible that the insane stress is part of why RTD's best scripts were so good, I don't think that's true (look at his other shows, where he didn't work like that), and it's certainly not true for Moffat (unless you think S7b is the crowning achievement of NuWho).

Honestly, in RTD's case, he was so good at both jobs that I'm not sure which one you'd want to put him on (or who he'd work best with in the other slot). But going forward, we're just not going to find another RTD or Moffat every 5 years. If we can find someone who can produce like them, and someone else who can write like them, I think the show will be more sustainable.
>>
>>83111189
RTD essentially created the "showrunner" role for Who, and they need to realise that it's too much for one man to physically and mentally handle. Maybe they could consider joint co-showrunners, at the least. Or let Chibnall have a more balanced writers room, so he can focus more on producing whilst the writers are all working together.
>>
File: uh oh.jpg (324KB, 865x630px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
324KB, 865x630px
Reminder that Moff literally wrote the final draft to Pyramid while by his mother's death bed and it's either going to be a rushed piece of trash or VNA level emotionally dark kino
>>
>>83111479
With co-showrunners, the problem is finding two people who go together properly. When that works, it's usually two old friends (like the guys who do South Park, or Game of Thrones—or, for that matter, Sherlock), or even a husband-and-wife or two-brothers team. Then they can work out how to divide up the responsibilities between them so they both do what they're best at, without their egos getting in the way.

I don't think, at least in the short term, a writers room would actually help. Running a writers room is almost a full time job in itself, and if it's full of people who've never been in one before, when you yourself have never been in one either, I can't imagine it being less work. Obviously he could hire a lead to work underneath himself (and alongside the script editor) running the room, but who's he going to find with the experience to do that? It's basically the same problem as hiring a head writer, except you don't have as much prestige to offer, and you need them to have American experience as well as British.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/6cq08c/the_doctor_who_general_wikia_is_one_of_the_best/
>>
>>83111479
>RTD essentially created the "showrunner" role for Who
Yes, he took a model that's used very successfully for shows that do 6-10 episodes most year, and tried to use it for 14 episodes every year, and then just put in so much work that he forced it to come together even though it should have been impossible. That set a bad precedent that's going to be hard to break away from.

But then Doctor Who has always had problems like that. For example, every time they produce an episode that looks amazing on a shit budget, or get someone like Capaldi to work for peanuts, that makes it harder to argue that they need a real budget. But then if they don't pull it off, it's even worse.
>>
>>83111581
>It's a "real life gets in the way of the show" episode

>>83111810
A lot of greatness has come from double acts - Lennon/McCartney, Grant/Naylor, Mitchell/Webb. Doug Naylor in particular talks about how when there's two of you, you know that what you're writing is actually good/funny, and you're not just sitting in a dark room by yourself laughing at your own jokes or wanking over your own cleverness.

But then there's the idea that compromises always disappoint both parties, and the idea of whether its better to go with bold, try-hard vision or with practicality and what you know works
>>
I had a VERY weird dream about Extremis today.
In my dream Doctor and I (literally it was me) were in some eastern europe city without TARDIS, and we came closer to some random shop, and there were three versions of Simm master (end of time with dyed hair, same version in some kind of white clothes and last of time lords simm)
We freaked out and dashed into the shop but there were a lot of zombies with books in their hands with unreadable title
We were running around from them, but more people came in, and when just regular customers tried to read the title they were converted into the same people with a copy of book growing out of them like gas mask in empty child
We realised its impossible to leave because suddenly there were like 100-150 of them
But we managed to fight a moment and we escaped through window
And I lost my shoes
extremis everyone
>>
>>83111857
what the FUCK
>>
>>83109266

Why do his companions look straight out of a trashy UK reality show?
>>
>>83111857
DELTE THE WIKI NOW!!
>>
>>83111857
Our wiki now has only one purpose: to annoy the people on Reddit who found our wiki.
>>
>>83112358
I went to create a page for Morhek, and someone else beat me to it.

http://doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Morhek
>>
Guys
I'm so fucking lonely
All I do is playing videogames and masturbating
And watching / rewatching Doctor Who endlessly
what the fuck is this life
>>
>>83112504
I'll be your friend.
>>
>>83112504
thanks for reminding me to masturbate
>>
>>83109266
She is offensively ugly.
>>
>>83112168
I can attribute Bill to prejudices about young women's dress choices, but I'm genuinely puzzled as to how you drew that conclusion about a tiny bald man dressed like he's from the snow lands.
>>
Will Chibnall's first series be pure kino, the level of writing and production we've never seen before?
>>
>>83112027
Even though Lennon's solo work, Naylor's solo Red Dwarf, and Mitchell's being snarky on panel shows are all great, it's hard to argue that the Beatles, early Red Dwarf, and The Mitchell and Webb Situation/Sound/Look would have been better if they didn't have to compromise.

The key in all those cases is that the partners had been working together in a larger group (a skiffle band, the Spitting Image writing team, Footlights) and decided that they could make better stuff together than separately, and then figured out what they wanted to do, so they already knew how to work together without feeling like they were stepping on each others' toes.
>>
>>83112504
Are you NEET
>>
>>83112964
yes
>>
>>83112984
How old are you and what is your specific NEET situation.
>>
What was the best meme created by /who/?
>>
>>83113033
Any one of cats' originals, he's our Picasso
>>
>>83113029
I graduated and never applied for a job ever since
>>
>>83113033
Basement McGann, 2013 was a special time for /who/.
>>
>>83113273
How are you currently living without working and how sustainable is your current situation.
>>
Does anyone know when the first idea of time travel appeared in literature?
>>
>>83113318
Parents are sending me money and it's enough to eat and pay for internets
>>
>>83111857
>There's a line between humour and offensiveness, and any time Channers refer to autism it's crossed.
jesus christ, what a bunch of humourless fucks
>>
>>83113336
From Wikipedia:

>Some ancient myths depict a character skipping forward in time. In Hindu mythology, the Mahabharata mentions the story of King Raivata Kakudmi, who travels to heaven to meet the creator Brahma and is surprised to learn when he returns to Earth that many ages have passed.[2]

The Buddhist Pāli Canon mentions the relativity of time. The Payasi Sutta tells of one of the Buddha's chief disciples, Kumara Kassapa, who explains to the skeptic Payasi that, "In the Heaven of the Thirty Three Devas, time passes at a different pace, and people live much longer. "In the period of our century; one hundred years, only a single day; twenty four hours would have passed for them."[3]

The Japanese tale of "Urashima Tarō",[4] first described in the Nihongi (720)[5] tells of a young fisherman named Urashima Taro who visits an undersea palace. After three days, he returns home to his village and finds himself 300 years in the future, where he has been forgotten, his house is in ruins, and his family has died.

Early science-fiction stories feature characters who sleep for years and awaken in a changed society. Among them L'An 2440, rêve s'il en fût jamais (1770) by Louis-Sébastien Mercier, Rip Van Winkle (1819) by Washington Irving, Looking Backward (1888) by Edward Bellamy, and When the Sleeper Awakes (1899) by H.G. Wells. Prolonged sleep, like the more familiar time machine, is used as a means of time travel in these stories.[6]
>>
>>83113409
said edge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7ZcyXWYHY
Is there a more kino scene from S10?
>>
>>83111857
>no SPLINK article
Ruined forever.
>>
>>83113033
Tupperware
>>
>>83113356
So basically you're set and get to chill all day playing vidya and watching Who

Remind me how this is a bad situation again because it sounds fucking comfy as shit
>>
>>83113456
Thanks!

Very interesting. You can see how those ideas have appeared in more recent stuff, too.
>>
File: 10sniff.gif (2MB, 268x220px) Image search: [Google]
10sniff.gif
2MB, 268x220px
>>83113490
I certainly don't get triggered because someone uses the word 'autistic', it must be exhausting getting offended by everything all the time
>>
>>83113586
have you tried it yourself
>>
>>83109266
It won't be comfy it will be VNA LEVEL DARK
>>
Before my PC broke down I was doing updates on an edit of the Nighthawks painting with /who/ memes, was it ever saved? Or is it lost in time?

This was like in 2013, so I'm probably out of luck.
>>
File: latest2.png (368KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
latest2.png
368KB, 564x423px
>>83113719
The closest I got was when I first moved away for college and had to quit my previous job and find a new one. There was a period of almost six months where I was looking for a job and living off of my savings from my old job, and eventually living off of money from my parents when that ran out. I only went to school two days a week because I scheduled all my classes on those days; other than that I had five full days off every week and it was the most amazing shit ever. I literally just sat around playing shit tons of vidya, watching movies and Who while comfy in my bed five fucking days a week. No real responsibilities besides the occasional school work and filling out online applications. Then I finally found a job and that shit stopped. I miss it so much. I'm hella jealous of your sitch desu
>>
>>83113690
The internet is full of people who…

1. seriously claim they're autistic despite not being diagnosed and use it as an excuse for being an asshole

2. insultingly call other people autistic to try to bully them

3. jokingly call themselves autistic because they realize it's a bit lame to get obsessed with things like whether the Neil Gaiman Cybermen count as Mondasians or Cybus

Getting offended by the third group like this guy, it's like getting offended at someone calling himself "quadroon" when his mixed races don't include black. It's not that he's a humourless SJW, it's that he's doing it wrong.
>>
>>83113985
Agreed.

I do a lot of contract work, and when I get a short-term contract that pays exceptionally well, I always like to take some time off before the next one. I can do maybe a week or partying, a few weeks of traveling around the world…then the rest of the time just being comfy on the couch with the Doctor Who. And that's the best part of the whole thing.

I can't imagine how people can complain about it. But maybe anon's mum will support me instead, so he can go get a job, and everyone will be happy?
>>
>>83113985
>>83114128
It becomes really hollow and boring doing nothing seven days a week for a long time. This is something retired people also have to deal with.
>>
>>83114234
But you're not doing nothing. You're pursuing and enjoying your interests/hobbies
>>
File: animation.jpg (42KB, 620x374px) Image search: [Google]
animation.jpg
42KB, 620x374px
Aside from the current animation. What animation style would be best for recons?
>>
>>83114234
So get a job. Even if it's a shit job, if you want something to do, it'll be something to do. And, unless the rest of us, you don't even have to worry about your shit job not paying enough to live on, because you've already got enough to live on.

Or find a hobby that doesn't bore you. Write, make music, learn how to code in Python or how to cook fantastic meals or whatever sounds interesting.
>>
>>83114326
Finding the live action footage

I don't know though, the animation they have now is very functional. An anime style would be misplaced and 3D models would look fake unless they had millions of pounds to spend

Functional and not hideously ugly is all we can really hope for
>>
>>83114281
In other words, escapist distractions. And the less you have to escape from other than the pointlessness of your own indulgence in them, the more they just become empty, unless it's the kind of hobby that actually requires creativity or thought (hint: video games don't count). Different anon to >>83113719 here but I am speaking from experience.
>>
>>83114588
I recently started Power of the Daleks Animation. Its my first time watching the story. I then realized I much prefer recons over animations so I put on loose cannons. I like to see the photos and those short surviving clips of what we could have seen if they had no been junked.
>>
>>83114326
I think the recons should be aiming for photorealism, or at least the sort of functional best approximation they can get.

There's a lot of really cool stuff you could do with nonrepresentational animation and Doctor Who, but you'd want to do it with stories written specifically for animation, not with stories written to be acted by Patrick Troughton on a soundstage. (In the same way that, say, the art style of Voyager was perfect for that comic strip, but would have sucked for illustrating the dialogue and action of Vengeance on Varos.)
>>
My degree will give me nothing, because I hate it already, and I'm not planning to become a teacher or scientist.
What should I do? 2 years left until the end. Money is being paid for my education.
>>
>>83114609
Sounds like you'd just have a job as another escapist distraction
>>
>>83114326
Anime:
https://youtu.be/Ob50GiXssQI?t=8m21s
>>
>>83114707
Change majors.
>>
>>83114326
I'd rather them not do anymore animations desu because they always look like shit. I'd rather them just put out telesnap recons instead.
>>
>>83114802
Anime is aids
>>
>>83114847
So I'll have to start over, I'm not even sure what I want. Also I'll be recruited for army if I give up, no second chances there.
>>
>>83114712
Jobs give people a feeling of accomplishment because they're actually accomplishing things. Obviously people can become bored with their jobs too, especially if it's a monotonous and simple job, but it's still more fulfilling than doing nothing but muh tv and vidya.
>>
>>83114858
Doctor Who animation is really shit and badly drawn and low budget compared to Japan's animation.

https://youtu.be/zQpaRSFddqU?t=14m56s
>>
>>83114849
Amen
>>
>>83114961
>they're actually accomplishing things
Most people just do menial tasks that any old sod could do, though. I don't consider being employed much of an achievement, and I find people who feel some sense of entitlement or elitism over the fact that they work behind a fucking bar ghastly

"Oh some of us work for a living you know! The unemployed are just lazy! I shouldn't have to pay for their care!" etc
>>
>>83115154
>Most people just do menial tasks that any old sod could do, though
Doesn't matter, at least they're doing something. It's not something to be elitist about, many people are unemployed through no fault of their own, but it is generally better to be employed than unemployed and without purpose. I don't really get how this is a tough concept, it's something commonly recognized that people have a psychological need for purpose in their lives and being on a 24/7 media binge doesn't provide it.
>>
>>83112504
>All I do is playing videogames and masturbating
>And watching / rewatching Doctor Who endlessly
Sounds good to me
>>
>>83115447
see >>83113356
It does sound good. But on someone elses dime you just feel like a piece of shit leech
>>
>>83114849
The telesnap recons already exist. And, except for Galaxy 4, they already went back and redid all the ones that could be done better. So what is there for them to put out?
>>
>>83115364
It's a false purpose though, if you died someone would take your place within a week, you're not really contributing anything

I agree that it's good to have something to do just in terms of your mental health, not being holed up in one room getting burnt out on doing the same things over and over, but don't pretend like you're -really- serving more of a purpose than a guy who sits in his basement writing fan fiction all day, because again, if you didn't do it someone else would
>>
>>83114707
Go to events with people that might be like you (cons, meet-ups, roleplaying game clubs), you'll make friends and it'll give you some will to do things.
>>
File: whaat (2).png (59KB, 192x234px) Image search: [Google]
whaat (2).png
59KB, 192x234px
>>83115626
>roleplaying game clubs
>>
>>83114903
Most of what you do in the first two years isn't all that specialised, so it really won't be totally starting over.

When I changed from physics to cognitive science, obviously I had a bit of catchup to do, but it wasn't an insane amount.
>>
DUDE, what is that?
>>
>>83115651
It's 4am where I live, sorry.
I meant places where you play RPG with other people.
>>
>>83115651
I think it's like /tg/ or something.
>>
>>83115154
It's not about a shit job being an achievement to be proud of, it's just about anon being in a funk because he doesn't do anything all day, and a shit job would be a change from that.

And he's lucky—if he gets burnt out on his shit job, he can always quit and try something else and not worry about losing his apartment or anything, because his parents will take care of him. So there's really no reason not to try whatever he can find.
>>
>>83115659
It's practically impossible to switch in my country. Only starting over.
>>
>>83115616
>if you died someone would take your place within a week, you're not really contributing anything
But that's irrelevant. I'm not talking about some spook like a person's contribution to society, I'm just talking about the need to have goals and shit.
>>
>>83115764
OK, then I guess start over. Better than finishing a degree you don't like and that won't do you any good, or dropping out and being drafted.

If you're worried about "Oh no, I'll be two years behind in my life", two years is nothing, and a lot better to be two years behind in the right career than on-schedule for no career.
>>
File: frazer and wendy.jpg (62KB, 736x558px) Image search: [Google]
frazer and wendy.jpg
62KB, 736x558px
Did they fuck irl?
>>
>>83115830
What about army recruiting? It's another year spent on disgusting things. And it's unavoidable after dropping out.
>>
>>83115897
That's why I said start over instead of dropping out and getting drafted.
>>
>>83115758
Yeah, it's all about how shit works in your brain - no matter how much you enjoy something, eventually your brain gets burnt out on the stimuli and it becomes boring and you desire to do more. If you limit your intake of things you enjoy (doctor who) with other things (a job), you'll enjoy the things you like more, or at least not get burnt out on them as easily.

Although, you could realistically fill your life with other things like music or writing or fuck knows, not necessarily a job. But I guess the sense of """""purpose""""" is important to some people. To each their own x
>>
>>83115937
Dropping out and starting over are basically the same thing there.
>>
>>83115879
>Wendy is only in like five serials that still exist
Why live?
>>
File: Jamie_and_Victoria.jpg (65KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
Jamie_and_Victoria.jpg
65KB, 636x480px
>>83115879
No. Frazer was obsessed with Deborah Watling. And they didn't fuck either, because he didn't tell her, or anyone else, until years later. (Although when he was a famous soap star and she was a has-been former child actor, maybe he looked her up then?)
>>
>>83115988
But there's a couple seasons of Freewheelers, and her presenting jobs, and the season of Emmerdale where she's reunited with Jamie in the 80s, and a couple of movies, including the one where she has a topless scene and the Ainley Master orders Susan Who to kill her.
>>
>>83116215
>Watching anything that isn't Doctor Who

I didn't know about EastEnders or that movie, though, that's cool. But I'm more concerned with the character of Zoe than with Wendy, to be perfectly honest, although Wendy is lovely
>>
File: whaat.png (96KB, 249x305px) Image search: [Google]
whaat.png
96KB, 249x305px
>>83116341
>Eastenders
>>
>>83116383
based whaat poster
>>
>>83116383
Sorry, I meant Coronation Chicken Farm
>>
>>83116341
>>83116565
She was also on Crossroads, when she was younger.

Anyway, Blood on Satan's Claw and at least a bit of Freewheelers are worth watching, the rest of her stuff, not so much. (Unless you're English and living in 1974, in which case, go see her in Seven Keys to Doomsday. Unfortunately, they never recorded it, and the Big Finish version has her daughter playing the part instead.)

If you're interested in the character rather than the Padbury Arse, the recons for her missing episodes are all solid except maybe the Space Pirates one, and the Targets are all pretty good, and she's got a bunch of audios (mostly CCs, but better than nothing), and a few novels, only half of which suck.

And Wendy was great as a different character in the Davros audio.
>>
>>83116696
According to one of Craig Hinton's novels, the run of Crossroads from the year Peri was born (which is the year that Wendy was on) is the last piece of television that survives to the 100th century.
>>
Looking through the list of Pertwee serials, most of them are pretty memorable, but the least memorable have to be Colony In Space and The Mutants, of which I'm struggling to remember much about.
>>
You said you wanted an axe fight
>>
>>83117456
Weird, I have the opposite opinion. I find most Pertwee serials to not be very memorable, but those are some of my favorites. Colony in Space is a Hulke serial with the Master, a mining corporation that pulls a Scooby Doo scheme, colonists/pioneers trying to escape from an environmentally ravaged Earth with a corrupt government that fails to protect people, and spooky alien natives. The Mutants has the Earth empire decolonizing a planet, the natives turning into gross monsters called mutts but it turns out that's just part of a natural, centuries-long cycle as their planet enters a new part of its orbit and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-cO_TmJoDU
>>
>>83118019
I forgot The Master was even in Colony In Space. He pretends to be some dude arriving in a rocket, doesn't he? And then The Doctor tries to prove he's not who he says he is, and there's some bland jumpsuits and some running. The only part of The Mutants I remember is they go into a cave and there are mutants.

They were the only two which I genuinely couldn't describe the story of
>>
I love Capaldi, but episodes 1-5 were boring, Extremis was okay. Nothing has impressed me thus far. Am a bit worried. I enjoyed series 8 and 9.
>>
Don't die
>>
>>83119018
But I read the Veritas.
>>
>>83119069
I have a stupid question. Who wrote the Veritas?
>>
>>83119402
Jesus
>>
>>83119402
Lambertas
>>
>>83119432
I know it was a stupid question but there's no need to blaspheme.
>>
>>83119469
Sorry
>>
>>83119569
For your penance please pray 2 Hail Missys.
>>
>>83119685
And say something nice.
>>
PRAISE HIM
>>83119891
>>83119891
>>83119891
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.